AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 04:32   Link #281
zato_1one

The most important question is "Where is Islay?"

Do Riful know that Prissy has left Islay in this past several years?

I smell fishy about Riful plan. She might not tell everything she knows to Clare at that time.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:37   Link #282
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Don't worry. This manga is not a soap opera. Events to match your pessimism and even surpass it will appear in the future.
Thanks for the encouragement, chiba, I hope you are right (like in Priscilla case ), I'm not fed up with Claymore yet.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:43   Link #283
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
This chapter disappointed me (...)
You're not the only one.

7) Renée couldn't sense Priscilla until she stood next to her nor she could sense Riful. If she sucked at youki reading why didn't org use Tabitha instead? And if AB can cloak their youki why do we see that only now? Oh, right. It's shounen, if we've seen it earlier there would be no surprise.
Riful could never hide her youki completely and suddenly she could sneak at organization's eye. Yagi could at least make it in a more convincing and much simpler way, ie where Renee wouldn't be able to escape because she's slower. Instead she didn't notice she was being followed (unless it's mistranslation).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
(...) I think you are missing one of the most awesome things (...): Clare finally meeting Priscilla in a state that will conflict her so much Clare will probably cry. (...)
One might say awesome other might say it's lame. I think I've seen something similar in the anime and I didn't like it a bit.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:55   Link #284
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
You're not the only one.

7) Renée couldn't sense Priscilla until she stood next to her nor she could sense Riful. If she sucked at youki reading why didn't org use Tabitha instead? And if AB can cloak their youki why do we see that only now? Oh, right. It's shounen, if we've seen it earlier there would be no surprise.
Riful could never hide her youki completely and suddenly she could sneak at organization's eye. Yagi could at least make it in a more convincing and much simpler way, ie where Renee wouldn't be able to escape because she's slower. Instead she didn't notice she was being followed (unless it's mistranslation).

One might say awesome other might say it's lame. I think I've seen something similar in the anime and I didn't like it a bit.
Well, let's think a bit about it:

Maybe (and I'm saying "maybe" because I have no translation to check it) Riful simply was cloaking her youki and being close to Duph in his awakened form, so Renée was focused on evading Duph and didn't sense Riful. Then Riful simply left Duph's side and went ahead to catch Renée. We have seen Riful moving her huge awakened body at frightening speed, so it's very probable that she can do the same with her little body and youki suppressed.

That way, your alternative theory would be correct as well: Renée has been caught because she's slow after all.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:58   Link #285
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

I didn't read the chapter yet, still waiting for a good English translation but yes, it's strange if Lune didn't notice the yoki aura of an AO until she comes so close. Is the new generation that unskillful?

I don't want to imagine a scene in which Clare and Priscilla are hugging each other and crying. This is sheer terror.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:03   Link #286
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Well, let's think a bit about it (...)
I've thought about it, it would still mean she sucked at youki reading and was no better at it than Clare. It means another thing - MiB are idiots, they dumped Galatea and trained some second rate youki reader. Wow, they know how to make beneficial transfers.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:05   Link #287
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Lol.. The day Pris break her fasting would be the day Raki meets Clare.

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-04, 05:10   Link #288
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
I've thought about it, it would still mean she sucked at youki reading and was no better at it than Clare. It means another thing - MiB are idiots, they dumped Galatea and trained some second rate youki reader. Wow, they know how to make beneficial transfers.
This wouldn't be the first time the Org acts dumb or similar. Think about Ophelia's rampages. She killed comrades and even humans... and nobody noticed!? When Teresa annihilated a group of bandits who previously had attacked a town, Orsay discovered it inmediatly.

What I mean is that sometimes they seem to know everything, and later they seem to be really dumbasses. Mysteries of the world.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:26   Link #289
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

There's another problem. Renee is obviously inferior to Galatea but she managed to sense Priscilla, Galatea most likely couldn't (probably because she was too far away from Priscilla), although she could sense Riful from far away and even sensed Miata and Clarice on suppressant pills. Sensing Priscilla - AB with most youki of all living was beyond her abilities at this range. I find it strange.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:27   Link #290
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
This wouldn't be the first time the Org acts dumb or similar. Think about Ophelia's rampages. She killed comrades and even humans... and nobody noticed!? When Teresa annihilated a group of bandits who previously had attacked a town, Orsay discovered it inmediatly.
This is no excuse but Ophelia was good at covering up her crimes, she was killing all the witnesses.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:39   Link #291
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
There's another problem. Renee is obviously inferior to Galatea but she managed to sense Priscilla, Galatea most likely couldn't (probably because she was too far away from Priscilla), although she could sense Riful from far away and even sensed Miata and Clarice on suppressant pills. Sensing Priscilla - AB with most youki of all living was beyond her abilities at this range. I find it strange.
Well, Renée wasn't able to sense Priscilla until she touched her arm (I mean, physic contact) so it's understandable that Galatea couldn't sense Priscilla when Raki and her went to Rabona.

About Renée being uncapable of sensing Riful... like I said before, maybe Riful was suppressing her youki, and being close to Duph she managed to make the unexperienced and too much self-confident Renée only be aware of Duph's youki. Then Riful simply jumped out and catched Renée.

Obviously, it's still Renée's fault. Her youki sensing skills are not comparable to Galatea's, even when she had her eyes. Maybe Renée has simply very little experience (we know her training stage was completed after the battle of pieta, so she's been about 6 years hunting yoma and gaining experience, not comparable to Galatea who had lived a lot of time, judging from Rimuto's words).
Old 2008-07-04, 05:44   Link #292
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Don't worry, as Renee said to Raki "It would at least be good if you are this optimistic when you die." Renee seems like a decent Claymore despite her rough and bullying approach to Raki. She is certainly no Ophelia. And I am wondering if she will pull through on her promise to tell Clare that she met Raki even after being capture by Riful. Could be interesting. This means she will probably meet Clare at some point in the story.

Btw, did anyone else notice those big shiny eyes Priscilla had. Oh, she's gotten too cute... WAIT SHE KILLED TERESA! AHHH I AM SO CONFLICTED!!! I think it is cool Priscilla has her youki cloaking ability back from when she was a claymore. It was really her only "technique" she had besides being super powerful. She's always been confusing to most people sensing her whether she was claymore or AB. Riful, Teresa and Irene seemed to sense her correctly from the get go, but it is still no easy feat especially because Irene and Teresa did it when Priscilla was cloaked. I love that AB's can cloak their youki if they want to. Especially with Priscilla who seems to do it unconsciously, though I like Riful managing it as well.

Also about the whole Renee being caught by Riful thing. Remember that Galatea did sense Riful, but also made a point to praise her youki cloaking ability. "She's hiding her youki so well it is scary" or something like that. Galatea even needed to teach Clare a trick to sense Riful. To sense Riful you have to "check the youki wavelength in an exact location of the target" or something like that. It is only possible if you are gifted at sensing to even pick her up. Knowing the trick seems to be pretty important as well because Galatea said she is only easy to find if you know how to look for her. Galatea sensed her, but Riful was sitting down behind her chiding duff before she could do anything about it. Riful was impressed that Renee could sense her at all. Sometimes I think people are looking for ways to disappoint themselves with this story they love . Like lemmings seeking a cliff of despair. Or a moth circling the light bulb of disappointment.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-07-04 at 05:55.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:04   Link #293
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

You're right chiba, I'm being picky but little whining shouldn't take the fun away from others.

Now that I've reread 8th volume it stroke me that Dauph is Son Goku's clone. He's very powerful, has long range attacks, grows at the full moon (and rest of the phases) and can't tell apart boy from girls unless he gropes them.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:12   Link #294
Riful
Of The West

Gooral: Not too mention his intelligence

btw, as we now know, the organization's objective is not at all to protect the poor citizens from Yoma, but to create a powerful soldier that obeys them. So it's not too surprising that they try to get rid of Galatea, even if they can only replace her with a weaker "eye". Because she is of no use as soon as she "doubts" the organization and knows too much ... what's more, she might even be dangerous for them. So from their point of view they don't care to replace a strong soldier with a weaker one, as long as they're safe and can continue their experiments. Same for Teresa ... she didn't obey them and actually killed "evil" humans for the sake of protecting somebody, which means she started to follow her own moral standards and therefore would be useless in battle and a potential danger.

On the other hand, Ophelia I'm not too sure .... her way of killing anybody she feels like also makes her a danger.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:21   Link #295
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

For some reason I am thinking of something really obscure right now. Let me share. Someone once told me in a First Person Shooting on-line video game, "Excuses no matter how valid errode your character." I ran out of ammo and couldn't kill the rest of the enemy team. I even ran at them with a knife. But failed to accomplish the goal. I thought it was something dumb he said to make me angry. But for some reason I Remember what he said.

@ Gooral: So we just need to cut of Duff's tail! Wait... Now I am thinking of Super Kakuseisha-jin Duff. Golden Duff. Oh boy.

And hey, I think Renee's ability beyond youki sensing has something to do with being very fast. She's very confident in her speed and got motion blurs away from Priscilla so I think this dread locked claymore has speed, like a former number 6 we know. Though I am not really sure what her technique is yet as she hasn't had a chance to fight anyone yet.

I think it is funny that now Clarice and Raki have simmilar hair cuts and both have a chibi child with them with a parental protection complex and a whole lot of power. Although Raki seems stronger than Clarice and Priscilla is stronger than Miata. I like how Priscilla moves on her own to go after Renee for bullying Raki. I think this is not the first time it has happened. I really love how Yagi paced out the conversational exchange between Raki and Renee. It has a wonderful flow to it with some awesome expressions from Renee. Raki doesn't even seem phased by the matter as he is too optomistic.

I think is almost time to have Isley or Riful stir up the fires of war here. I am really curious what will happen in the near future.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:22   Link #296
Blackmoon042

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
1) There is no plot development for an upcoming climax (battle royal). The capture of Lune by Riful doesn't make sense anymore because she is no longer against a Priscilla-Isley alliance.
I think it could have some, if one looks deeply into the potential of what may happen in the future.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:32   Link #297
kakashisensei

I believe the secret that Riful knows about is that Priscilla is regressing and probably weaker than her right now. The problem is Priscilla is hiding her yoki and Riful can't find her. Thus, she needs a good yoki reader, Lune, to awaken and help her find Priscilla. There will then be a Priscilla x Riful fight in which something bad happens to Raki, which causes Priscilla to lose it and kill Riful.

I hope Lune isn't rescued, ever since Pieta, the good guys keep winning. I'm still waiting for the series to return to an empire strikes back sort of flow. There needs to be another tragic loss for the good guys.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:44   Link #298
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

You made me think of something Kakashi sensei; I will get you back for that 1000 years of pain attack you got me with when I was... Oh wait. Depending on how much information Riful tells to Renee, Riful might find out about Priscilla very quickly here. She will not be able to sense her, but with Riful's information about the ghost 7 including Clare combined with Renee's information about Raki and Priscilla they could have the whole situation figured out pretty quick. They have enough information between them to cause a massive problem. Also with Clarice and Miata not returning to the organization the org itself might be on high alert. Things could go bad very quickly here.

But a fun side note. #3 Audrey: saved by ghosts, #4 Miata: Saved by ghosts, #5 Rachel: saved by ghosts, #6 Renee: Taken by Riful, #9 Nina: Saved by ghosts, #47 Clarice: saved by ghosts. At the time being the organization only has #1, 2, 7, 8 who are not indebted to the ghosts and who still are still alive and single digits. Though Rachel and Audrey will probably fight against the ghosts.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:36   Link #299
zato_1one

AB actually could hide their Yoki to some extents. It's very depend on Claymore reading Yoki skill. Many Claymores can sense only when they're getting close.

1. The AB in Slasher Arc. He could hide his Yoki from Miria group and he could get very close to them.
2. Riful in Witch's Maw Arc just like Chiba has mentioned.

But the problem is that Rune is the eye. It's either that Galatea set standard too high or Rune is too inexperience. In other words, she is suck.

As I've already said it still doesn't have any evidence that Galatea couldn't sense Prissy.
Old 2008-07-04, 08:08   Link #300
NCommander

I'm also waiting for decent English scans (that, and I can't find the poor ones), but it appears to be an interesting chapter. I dunno what to make of Priscilla, but I sorta get the feeling she's been following Raki because he reminders her of Clare (she states that she likes the smell).

As for Priscilla getting smaller due to lack of eating, well, it makes sense.

(and hi, I'm new here)
Closed Thread