AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-01-03, 18:07   Link #61
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
My mistake. I hope RandomBoy didn't offend you. I couldn't be bothered to right your full username.
No offense taken, then. Boy's just used as an insult...especially with that Foto-kid showing up all the time. Anyway. I'm off work now...back to Front Mission 4.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 19:52   Link #62
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
What is speed?

No, no, this isn't some philisphical question about mind over matter or any of that BS. The question is, what is speed?

Look at track and field. There's the 100-yard dash, the 1 mile, the 26-mile marathon, etc. The fastest sprinter in the world shouldn't also be the one to win medium or long-distance runs. So of the three, which one is faster?

Rock Lee - amazing reflexes (escaping sand traps), quickness in running speed, fast kicks and punches

Neji - fast hand movements both offensive and defensively, running speed unknown, reflexes probably pretty good (as seen against Kidomaru), probably not as fast at running or dodging as Lee but able to last longer in a fight by conserving his energy

Sasuke - around Lee's speed, reflexes unknown (probably much lower), stamina unknown (almost definitely lower), hand speed unknown (probably lower)

all he did was practice offensive manuvers, I saw nothing about defending
When he charged at Gaara he took a hit across the face, implying he didn't have the capabilities to either stop or change directions to manuver around the spikes
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 20:27   Link #63
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
What is speed?

No, no, this isn't some philisphical question about mind over matter or any of that BS. The question is, what is speed?
Speed = Velocity

Quickness = Acceleration
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 21:38   Link #64
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Groovy!
I agreed with all your post lately and that disturbed me

Soooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Rock Lee - amazing reflexes (escaping sand traps), quickness in running speed, fast kicks and punches

Neji - fast hand movements both offensive and defensively, running speed unknown, reflexes probably pretty good (as seen against Kidomaru), probably not as fast at running or dodging as Lee but able to last longer in a fight by conserving his energy

Sasuke - around Lee's speed, reflexes unknown (probably much lower), stamina unknown (almost definitely lower), hand speed unknown (probably lower)

all he did was practice offensive manuvers, I saw nothing about defending
When he charged at Gaara he took a hit across the face, implying he didn't have the capabilities to either stop or change directions to manuver around the spikes
I fully disagree with your statement about Sasuke -well not fully in fact, I agree with the stamina and speed points -, I don't see any reason to say that the hand speed and the reflexes of Sasuke should be lower than Lee, all is done in the manga to show that they have about the same capacities in Taijutsu now.

But anyway Sasuke is far better is defensive manuvers than Lee.
Why? Simply because of the sharingan.
The simple fact that he avoid to be impaled by the spades in a split second whereas he was launched at high speed proves it.

Lee said himself that he can't run into a opponent like Sasuke can because he doesn't have the eyes to see the counter attack.

They both have almost the same taijutsu capacities (well -had- because Lee is crushed now) but Sasuke has also the sharingan which allow him to analyse and thus predict the moves.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 22:35   Link #65
Rasengan
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Spoiler:


so I think that at Sasuke's current level (non-curse), he is weaker than the 4 sound nins. If the Curse Seal boost your power up a certain amount, that means Sasuke will be around the same level as them. However,

Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Seeing some of Sasuke's fights, he doesn't have many long range attacks, so Neji probably will win but get badly hurt.I don't know how effective Chidori and Sharingan will be. At Curse Lvl 2 Sasuke will probably be able to use Chidori more times a day though.
Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 23:21   Link #66
Byakugan
krigakure assassin
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: berkely,california usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
My mistake. I hope RandomBoy didn't offend you. I couldn't be bothered to right your full username.



But I do believe the speed difference matters. Like I said it could either help Sasuke win, or have him lose a lot less faster then originally. Without his speed he wouldn't be able to avoid any of Neji's movements even if he knew where they were going.
the speed diference very much matters if u remember correctly sasuke cannot use chidori with out having the speed they explained tyhis when sasuke first learned the chidori or when he used it at the tourny i dont remeber exactly when.
Byakugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:34   Link #67
eLstar
(^_^)v
 
Join Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
Sharingan vs Byakugan lets take a look at this, Sharingan CAN NOT copy bloodline limits, the Hyuuga almost ONLY use their bloodline limit to fight, Sharingan is only used in this fight to help predict moves, which brings us to speed..

Speed, Neji has been beating up on Rock Lee forever, and is not surprised at all by Lee's speed without the weights, which points us in the direction that Neji has beaten Lee without his weights, Sasuke is ALMOST as fast as Lee without the weights, thus making him too slow to break past Nejis defense

Close combat, Sasuke goes in for the Chidori, gets blasted away and injured by the Kaiten, hes down and hurt, Neji comes flying in at top speed as Sasuke is trying to get up, hes paddled endlessly by the 64 Hands, Sasukes chakra holes are now closed, hes FUCKED at this point, no fire jutsu, no sharingan, no chidori, no special 9 tailed fox to open his pores, now hes Neji's punching bag, fight over, lets compare long range tho anyway...

Long Range, the only chance Sasuke has at beating Neji, Sasuke only has his fire jutsu to use at long range, which are then blasted away by the Kaiten anyway
Not really. It only points us int he direction, but c'mon, how many reactions has Neji had during that time? Only one, where Neji's face is dead serious. Just because he doesn't have a reaction, that doesn't mean anything.

The deciding factors are Sasuke's speed and his moves. We're uncertain whether Neji can match Sasuke's speed but supposing he can't, and Neji using the Kaiten. How many more times can he do that? And unlike Naruto, Sasuke isn't quick to charge into an unknown situation. He ha sa smart mind, he'd fall back and regroup.

I don't know about Neji, but he doesn't seem to be all THAT great with strategy. Sasuke seems to have a good natural sense of what to do and create traps.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:36   Link #68
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
dude even got Oro Neji would have been dead if he saw Oro's sakki!
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:36   Link #69
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
lol Dranz, Neji is pretty much the second smartest genin next to Shika, he makes GREAT strategies, look at the spider-man fight, Sasuke WILL get pissed and run in with the chidori, jsut to try and bust thru the defense, i.e Sasuke vs Gaara, and when he does rush in for the Chidori kill Neji will Kaiten him, and unlike Naruto, Sasuke cant heal himself with the Kyuubi, he'll get seriously injured by the rush of chakra being thrown back at him, he'll be down on the ground, and prime bait for the 64 hands
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:38   Link #70
Sethi
StormRider
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Not really. It only points us int he direction, but c'mon, how many reactions has Neji had during that time? Only one, where Neji's face is dead serious. Just because he doesn't have a reaction, that doesn't mean anything.

The deciding factors are Sasuke's speed and his moves. We're uncertain whether Neji can match Sasuke's speed but supposing he can't, and Neji using the Kaiten. How many more times can he do that? And unlike Naruto, Sasuke isn't quick to charge into an unknown situation. He ha sa smart mind, he'd fall back and regroup.

I don't know about Neji, but he doesn't seem to be all THAT great with strategy. Sasuke seems to have a good natural sense of what to do and create traps.
Nice One Dranz reviving thread.
I personally think Neji can block Sasuke speed but even if he couldn't react in time like when Naruto attacked him he would use Kaiten which would put Sasuke to the ground and give Neji Openings, going physical on Neji is very dangerous.
also:
Spoiler:
__________________
-------- Child's Of The Street Ride With Death Wish ---------

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:40   Link #71
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
all these ppl that get boners over the Sharingan and think anyone with it is impossible to beat, they never look at all the possibilities they just go "oph sharingan win win win win" its thinking like that that created Vietnam
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:40   Link #72
eLstar
(^_^)v
 
Join Date: May 2003
Quote:
lol Dranz, Neji is pretty much the second smartest genin next to Shika, he makes GREAT strategies, look at the spider-man fight, Sasuke WILL get pissed and run in with the chidori, jsut to try and bust thru the defense, i.e Sasuke vs Gaara, and when he does rush in for the Chidori kill Neji will Kaiten him, and unlike Naruto, Sasuke cant heal himself with the Kyuubi, he'll get seriously injured by the rush of chakra being thrown back at him, he'll be down on the ground, and prime bait for the 64 hands
What strategy?

Spoiler:
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:41   Link #73
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
well Sharingan>Byakugan its that simple.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:42   Link #74
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
nine devil, if u have NOTHING intelligent to say, just dont say anything at all, if you're gonna say that, back it up, just popping a boner over the shiney red eyes doesnt make u right, u need substance to back up your claims
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:43   Link #75
Sethi
StormRider
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
well Sharingan>Byakugan its that simple.
That may be however it influences how you use them so:

Neji>Sasuke

And honestly i don't see how Sharingan at Sasuke level can help that much against a Byakukan user such as Neji.
__________________
-------- Child's Of The Street Ride With Death Wish ---------

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:44   Link #76
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
nine devil, if u have NOTHING intelligent to say, just dont say anything at all, if you're gonna say that, back it up, just popping a boner over the shiney red eyes doesnt make u right, u need substance to back up your claims
Itachi nothing more to say
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:44   Link #77
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
going on assumptions again Nine Devil?? there is NOTHING to back up Itachi either, NOTHING
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:45   Link #78
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
going on assumptions again Nine Devil?? there is NOTHING to back up Itachi either, NOTHING
Mange Sharingan?
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:46   Link #79
Sethi
StormRider
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portugal
And even if there was we are talking about Sasuke Vs. Neji here not Byakukan Vs. Sharingan there is a thread for that as well.

And Itachi isn't Sasuke.
__________________
-------- Child's Of The Street Ride With Death Wish ---------

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:46   Link #80
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
only been used on Sasuke and Kakashi, nothing else to show what the Jutsu is worth
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.