AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-08, 22:41   Link #901
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

You know, I think Renee might actually get a chance to tell Clare Raki is looking for her still, like she promised. It will probably be in a really bizarre moment but I think she will get to do it

I like P.Gilis' observation about Riful and Renee putting their information together. Riful is a smart one and even from a little bit of talking she can pick up a whole lot of information. I mean she figured out Clare's last 7 years so quickly it boggles the mind. The one thing Priscilla and Raki have going for them is that they do not have a youki signature. Although now that Renee has met Priscilla she might be able to find her again.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Riful taking advantage of her secret is going to have as many sad repercussions as Isley's plans to take power did. I think a lot of bad stuff is coming up for our heroes.
Old 2008-07-08, 22:47   Link #902
FateAnomaly

I think its too late for Renee. I am more interested in seeing Riful's plan and Renee's awakened form.
Judging from the current situation I think Riful taget isn't Priscilla. Alicia and beth seems more likely. But i wonder if it is something else. Maybe she wants to gather all the ABs on the continent or she is looking for a specific person.
Old 2008-07-08, 22:51   Link #903
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Big sidetrack, based on something I was rereading. Probably not news, but felt I should write it up anyway.

Back in the Slashers arc, after Miria gives her explanation about the origins of male Claymores, the AB tells her she made one "major mistake". The problem was that, as many times as I read it, I couldn't see anything she said that could be considered a major mistake. Every single bit of it seemed to correlate with what we knew about the Claymoreverse, and has continued to seem that way ever since. Whatever it was, her response was to suddenly think, "That's it! This group..." But that thought was never completed, and it never made sense in relation to the comment the AB said.

While rereading that section again for something else, I made a connection with another couple bits that I'd read recently that weren't available back when I first read this section: ES4 (where a youma under the Org's command goes on a hunt of the students as a 'test'), and the fact that youma are a product of the Organization.

What makes sense, then, is that the 'major mistake' that Miria made was the statement, "So they stopped making male Claymores." And her thought of "This group.." was that it was just like the graduation test, designed as an elimination exercise.

So, that particular AB was most likely not a remnant of the early Org days, but a specifically created AB that was designed to function just like the youmas they sent in against the graduates. If he was killed, they could just create another to replace him.
Old 2008-07-08, 22:51   Link #904
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I think its too late for Renee. I am more interested in seeing Riful's plan and Renee's awakened form.
Judging from the current situation I think Riful taget isn't Priscilla. Alicia and beth seems more likely. But i wonder if it is something else. Maybe she wants to gather all the ABs on the continent or she is looking for a specific person.
Maybe, but if Riful discover a way to destroy or even use Priscilla to destroy Alicia, Beth and the Org, i doubt she would want to lose the big chance!

Raki could be this way.
Old 2008-07-08, 22:54   Link #905
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
I for one just have this feeling that Riful and Raki will meet somewhere down the road, either if Raki and Priscilla decide to rescue Lune, or if Lune tells Riful about Raki and she goes out to capture him. This could just be my inner fanboy wanting to see Raki meet and intereact with all kinds of characters, but I feel that they will meet sometime, sooner or later.

Heh, my inner fanboy also wants Raki to meet up with Raphaela at some point as well. Heck, it's physcally impossible, but it also wants Raki to somehow meet Teresa. What can I say? I have a wild imagination.

About Riful using Priscilla, with Raki, she could do just that, but I highly doubt that Isley would just sit idely by and let this happen. This could lead to another confrontation between Isley and Riful. Unless Isley actually has another plan in the works. Now Riful's awesome and I love her, but I like Isley more and would like to see him when on this occassion. However, this is highly unlikely.

On another topic, I want to know the story behind how Raki lost his Rabona sword and gained his new one along with his armor. It'll be revealed sooner or later though.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by NobodyMan; 2008-07-08 at 23:40.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:29   Link #906
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Probably by now Tabitha and Yuma were reduced to benchwarmers, and Clarice is the cheerleader's team... too useless to be part of the team until she spend at least 7 years training hard!

We haven't seen the true potential of all the 7 ghost yet. Who knows what Yuma can do.

And Clarice might still be returning to the org cuz she is too afraid to go againts it as of now.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:39   Link #907
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Fear the awesome power of the YUMA PUNCH~! XD It's coming - better believe it.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:40   Link #908
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
@chibamonster, I will point out the frames for you.

Slasher 6 - Page 19 - Deneve going over limit.
Chap 47 - page 6-7 Full Spread - Ritful commenting on Galatea just a breath away from going over limit
Chap 53 - 2nd to last page, the AB commenting on both Clare and Deneve going over their limit.
Also In Chap 53, same AB almost made Udine go over limit. After Clare and Deneve intervened, Undine remained at 51% - 79%, see Chap 54, page 7
In the Dauf fight, when Jeane is twisting her arm the first time, she said something to the effect of I will put my very last ounce of power in to this with distorted face and golden eye. A frame later showed her twisted arm with muscle budging on the back of her hand. I believe she also went into the 51 - 79% range there.
As for Ophelia, in Gravestone V - page 3 there is a frame of her face that seemed like she went into the 51 - 79% range, but later no more frame shows that. She may or may not have.

Chap 70 - Page 7, Rachel showed muscle bulging on her arms when she is cutting Ritful in addition to facial distortion and golden eye, she also went into 51 - 79% range.

Is that enough examples for you?
Okay, I'll give you an honest response as you have been respectful enough to respond to my posts. As all of these were in response to my, "Claymores do not fight at close to 80%" theme I will address them.

Deneve was not fighting over her limit. She was healing and is partially awakened. If we are using partially awakened Claymores as our standard it is a very different conversation from here on out. We have discussed this before.

Yes Galatea went Close to her limit. We did not see what she looked like nor did we see the fight. Whatever 80%< Galatea looked and fought like it impressed Riful. Too bad we didn't see it. I would have loved to. Galatea absolutely does do it.

Deneve and Clare did go past 80% but were not fighting (they are standing and meditating) and they are both partially awakened claymores. Remember when we agreed we could not use Clare because we know she fights over 80% all the time! May as well include the half a dozen times she goes over for your evidence. It is also interesting to note that we do not see any of what happens when they are manipulated over their limit as it all happens off the panel.

Undine still at close to 80%? Why are her eyes not gold then? This youki manipulator does some strange things though, so who knows. Even when Undine is close to her limit her eyes have not changed. I wonder how she does that? Undine's body always looks Arnold Schwarzenegger though as she uniquely has a constant body manipulating youki release she does. She even has veins on her biceps . I am not sure how she manages it, but the only information we have been told about the scale of youki levels is 10% eye color, 30 % facial distortion, 50% body distortion, 80 % limit. I will have to think about Undine, but at the moment I think she does something simmilar to what Clare did to drop her voice, only with her whole body.

It certainly looks like Jean puts a lot of youki into preparing for her attack, she's even got veins all over her twisted arm. Not enough to deform her whole body as she seems to focus her youki in her arm (reminds me of Irene doing a controlled awakening of a single limb while her face stays stoic). Notice that when Jean actually launches the attack her eyes are not even gold. I wonder why? Wouldn't she want to use all the power she could possibly get? If you want to see what I expect to see from a higher youki release at the levels you are talking about look at Galatea on page 16 of chapter 47 (Purgatory of the deepest depths 2). Now THAT looks like more than 50%. Go Galatea! She manages it again really well in chapter 75 page 26 when she throws Miata through a wall. It seems Galatea does release a lot of youki for an instant because in the next panels she usually has normal looking limbs.

Ophelia's youki release certainly distorts her face. Clare goes over her limit there again too (I think we counted 7 times Clare had gone over her limit so far, but that might be off).

Rachel always has muscles like that. Even when she has no youki output. I am serious. Her eyes do go gold when she attacks though, and sometimes she even gets facial distortion. When she winds up her attack the first time she gets 2 veins that pop out on the back of her hand. I am not sure if it is just how she is drawn or if it is a youki release because there is not the standard youki sound.

From relooking at these examples I am thinking I was being too lenient with my rule. I will instead make a guideline; Most Claymores that we have seen, even in the worst situations, do not even go to 50% while fighting. Obviously the partially awakened Claymores have managed it just fine although they seem to avoid it for the most part too.

And I feel bad leaving a riddle about what meaning one of your posts had. In response to my question "Can an awakened being release all of their youki in their human form?" You said, "My answer is that in order to use full power, they will have to revert to full awaken form, at least we have not seen any evidence that is contrary ... The "weapon"(AB body) achieve its peak effectiveness when in full awaken form." Now here is something I agree with. So without an awakened form, AB's cannot use their higher stats that blow claymores out of the water? Unless I misunderstood something it sounds like the awakened form is a ... power up. Since an AB's high youki levels can only be used in conjunction with the awakened form, the awakened form allows for higher power levels and provides for much more power.

Edit: I was a bit hesitant to post this whole thing because it seems so confrontational.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-07-09 at 00:32.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:41   Link #909
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Fear the awesome power of the YUMA PUNCH~! XD It's coming - you know it.
Indeed! She learned from Captain Falcon himself y'know?

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-08, 23:46   Link #910
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I highly doubt Clarice is returning to the Organization, for the reasons Miria pointed out a few chapters ago.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:27   Link #911
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I highly doubt Clarice is returning to the Organization, for the reasons Miria pointed out a few chapters ago.
she is probably scared s***less and will hide behind miata and galatea.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:31   Link #912
Taylor_Maclaurin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
(...)
While rereading that section again for something else, I made a connection with another couple bits that I'd read recently that weren't available back when I first read this section: ES4 (where a youma under the Org's command goes on a hunt of the students as a 'test'), and the fact that youma are a product of the Organization.
(...)
Great observation Kinematics. Many people thought about male AB as organization's dog but AFAIR no one made connection between incident in Slasher's arc and ES4 and I'm almost sure no one was insightful enough to notice the meaning of 'major mistake' thing. Strange no one quoted you so far.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:34   Link #913
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Why you guys be hatin' on Clarice? Yeah I know she a snot-nosed little coward who hides behind a little girl, but man you guys are being harsh! Personally, I don't mind Clarice (sp?), she's just a rookie who doesn't have much experience yet, she'll get the hang of it. She was actually pretty cool when she sneak-attacked Agatha to save Miata, which does show that she cares for her. Sure she ran away at first but at least she came back right? Raki used to be in her position right? (in the fandom's point of view) I'm sure she'll improve.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-09, 00:36   Link #914
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Why you guys be hatin' on Clarice? Yeah I know she a snot-nosed little coward who hides behind a little girl, but man you guys are being harsh! Personally, I don't mind Clarice (sp?), she's just a rookie who doesn't have much experience yet, she'll get the hang of it. She was actually pretty cool when she sneak-attacked Agatha to save Miata, which does show that she cares for her. Sure she ran away at first but at least she came back right? Raki used to be in her position right? (in the fandom's point of view) I'm sure she'll improve.
well she is definitely not another clare, but maybe she will learn from galatea how to sense and control others yoki really well.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:39   Link #915
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Big sidetrack, based on something I was rereading. Probably not news, but felt I should write it up anyway.

Back in the Slashers arc, after Miria gives her explanation about the origins of male Claymores, the AB tells her she made one "major mistake". The problem was that, as many times as I read it, I couldn't see anything she said that could be considered a major mistake. Every single bit of it seemed to correlate with what we knew about the Claymoreverse, and has continued to seem that way ever since. Whatever it was, her response was to suddenly think, "That's it! This group..." But that thought was never completed, and it never made sense in relation to the comment the AB said.

What makes sense, then, is that the 'major mistake' that Miria made was the statement, "So they stopped making male Claymores." And her thought of "This group.." was that it was just like the graduation test, designed as an elimination exercise.

So, that particular AB was most likely not a remnant of the early Org days, but a specifically created AB that was designed to function just like the youmas they sent in against the graduates. If he was killed, they could just create another to replace him.
I almost misunderstood your point and was writing a knee jerk response when I finally clued into what you mean. You mean that this was a graduation test for the Awakened Being, not the fab 4...

I like the idea. If the AB won, the Org would have an obidient AB under their control ready for mass production and be rid of 4 pests at the same time. If it lost - well, no harm done. I myself speculated (last month's thread I think) that the 6 armed AB was not from Isley's time, and rather that the Org continued to make them, but that's as far as I went.

The AB was fully briefed on the hunting party, so it's only logical he'd know why each of them was being sent. He did infact say that Miria knew too much, implying that he knew her big secret. In that event, the "big mistake" could certainly be interpreted as Miria's claim that he must be from the era of male warriors (since male warriors are not made anymore), and would provoke a reaction like that.

There is only one problem I still need to wrap my head around before fully embracing the idea though. Galatea, showing up fashionably late (good girl!), arrived after the AB was defeated and did not witness the fight. Why though did Emerita have her stick around and sensing for a while if the experiment was the AB, not the fab4? Was it only to see if the AB blabbed too much away? If Miria told the others her secrets? I don't know. The whole scene with Galatea and Emerita leads the reader to believe that the focus of interest were the fab4, not the AB (possible red herring?).

You're full of nice ideas today - nicely done.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:53   Link #916
Zsych

Or Ermita wanted to see if something suspicious was happening, or if they'd been pushed over their limits and become unstable... or Yagi was trying to show off Galatea's coolness, while telling us more about the claymores(or at least impressing stuff like Clare retaining her old agenda)
Old 2008-07-09, 00:53   Link #917
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
You have the wierdest tastes... first Raki, now Clarice?

Let me remind you that because of that snivelling self-centered traitor's stupidty, Rabona was nearly destroy, everyone in it almost killed, and Galatea lost an arm. I had little against the little crybaby until she prioritized Galatea's head over an Awakened Being trying to kill everyone - including her. Raki liking I can at least somewhat stomach, but Clarice I am forced to lump in with Pricilla and Ophelia as characters who would have a better personality if they were dead.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:58   Link #918
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm not a big fan of how Raki has that big idiot grin on his face...
Old 2008-07-09, 00:59   Link #919
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Clarice: the filler chaarcter? I don't know. Feels that way to me.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
Old 2008-07-09, 01:00   Link #920
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
(...)
Why though did Emerita have her stick around and sensing for a while if the experiment was the AB, not the fab4? Was it only to see if the AB blabbed too much away? If Miria told the others her secrets? I don't know. (...)
I think the explanation is quite simple. Ermita wanted to be sure that the winning side's testimony would be consistent with what Galatea sensed and that way they could test AB or fab 4 (depending on who would win) loyalty. If he/they told everything than they can live, if not - hasta la vista.
Closed Thread