AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-11, 11:00   Link #1021
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Spoiler for DGM 166:
__________________

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 11:33   Link #1022
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: below the sky, inside the time
Hmm... After reading chptr 166
Spoiler for chptr 166:


@KickHopper
Spoiler for answer:
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 11:54   Link #1023
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
OHHHHHH SHITTTTT...

So Cross finally said the magic words...

But, despite that, they're being very very very vague about who's who in that flashback as well as in the story that Cross told.

If Mana is that Clown, then who is that other boy? Cross? The 14th? What's more, in that image with the two boys, which one is which?




P.S- I almost forgot, here's the Obligated "Lenalee is cute" comment...

OMG, Lenalee looks so cute in that one scene!
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:05   Link #1024
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Hmm... After reading chptr 166
Spoiler for chptr 166:

Oh nonono, I don't think that's how it works... If Mana doesn't have a memory of Noah, he won't be one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
@KickHopper
Spoiler for answer:
Oh now I see it... Wait, then that scene with the two boys while Cross was talking means...

That...

Oh shit, now I see it...

In that scene, that was what the 14th looked like, he was the boy on the right, while Mana was the boy on the left. When the 14th died, he was reborn into Allen, who met with Mana again, several years later...

Spoiler for Left - Mana, Right - 14th:



Looking back at the earlier pages, the boy (Allen) with the Clown looks alot like the 14th.

One concern for me though is... That Boy doesn't behave like Allen at all, let alone look like him... Could there perhaps be two Allens? Nah...

Right ?




EDIT:


Btw, I almost forgot, if the 14thwas in fact a young boy back then, it would support my theory that Road and the 14th might have some kind of relationship back then... Which might explain her unhealthy attachment to Allen...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:33   Link #1025
Vanehei
Sousuke rules
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mèxico city
Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Yes, the boy is Allen, his innocence hand was the one that Cosmo licked. Poor Cosmo, and... Mana was scary...

P.S. I have and obligated "Lavi looks good" He was so hot in the corner of the room with that coat on...
__________________
Baratijas Blog, we rock your world
Vanehei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:33   Link #1026
Arsanii
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
This is so confusing...
I feel bad for Allen though. I hope Mana didn't take in Allen just so he could be a body for the 14th. That would suckkk.

I get the picture of Mana and the 14th as children, but in the beginning, whose the clown and whose the little boy? The little boy looks a lot like the 14th.. and nothing like Allen. For one, their hair colors are different shades. Unless Allen bleaches his hair all the time.... And I just don't get the clown.
Arsanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:40   Link #1027
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I think Allen was already the 14th reincarnated. It wasn't something that Mana started or anything.

And IMO, the clown = mana. the little boy = allen aka reincarnated 14th? Could be his hair turned white after he summoned back Mana's soul?
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:47   Link #1028
Vanehei
Sousuke rules
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mèxico city
Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
In the anime we see that Allen had brown hair when he was a boy.. there are a lot of flash backs that show us that...
__________________
Baratijas Blog, we rock your world
Vanehei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:59   Link #1029
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
Love Lenalee's haircut, I guess she finally had to time to comb her hair, or it had been a while so her hair grew a little longer.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 16:09   Link #1030
yuchan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I thought that chapter would answer questions but it just confused me. But you guys helped me understand better. That clown(Mana?) was creepy as hell.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 17:41   Link #1031
Guido
Hunger of the Dead
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Kudos to Hoshino-sensei for this chapter.

Not only does the author threw some answers to the readers but kept things ambiguous and vague to be opened for interpretation.

Just like everybody else, I'm as well confused regarding the identities of the boy and the clown during the first eight pages of the chapter; reading all of your posts regarding the subject.

I absolutely loved how the manga-ka setup the mini-flashback at the beginning of this chapter.

It kind of reminded me how Yagi-sensei wrote up the Teresa arc at the start of the third volume to the Claymore manga.

The first time I read into it I have no clue or idea about the identities of the new characters introduced.

Same reaction can be applied at the beginning of chapter 166 for DGM. I didn't know what's up with the kid and the Clown at first.

Spoiler:


But still I have doubts if that boy with the clown is actually Allen.

The D.Gray-man fact book 1 lists that Mana found and adopted Allen on Christmas Day, and that Allen supposedly was abandoned by his biological parents due to the deformity of his right arm.

But never explicitly states whether or not Mana found Allen as a baby or as a kid.

Secondly, I have something wrong with myself.
Spoiler:


The other possibility is that the boy is actually....
Spoiler:
__________________

HUNGER FOR THE LIVING IS
TURNING TO A FATE LOST IN
A SEA OF BLOOD AND ENTRAILS
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:07   Link #1032
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Love Lenalee's haircut, I guess she finally had to time to comb her hair, or it had been a while so her hair grew a little longer.
Her hair grew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Yes, the boy is Allen, his innocence hand was the one that Cosmo licked. Poor Cosmo, and... Mana was scary...

I don't know, his personality is just the complete opposite of Allen, even when he was a kid, Allen has always been shown to be meek...

And this boy just seems like a different build than Allen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsanii View Post
I get the picture of Mana and the 14th as children, but in the beginning, whose the clown and whose the little boy? The little boy looks a lot like the 14th.. and nothing like Allen. For one, their hair colors are different shades. Unless Allen bleaches his hair all the time.... And I just don't get the clown.
Allen's hair was originally brown, but yeah, this boy's hair looks like a much darker shade of colour...


Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
That clown(Mana?) was creepy as hell.
Robin: "Where I come from, clowns aren't funny... >.>"


I like that quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post

And IMO, the clown = mana. the little boy = allen aka reincarnated 14th? Could be his hair turned white after he summoned back Mana's soul?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler:


But still I have doubts if that boy with the clown is actually Allen.

The D.Gray-man fact book 1 lists that Mana found and adopted Allen on Christmas Day, and that Allen supposedly was abandoned by his biological parents due to the deformity of his right arm.

But never explicitly states whether or not Mana found Allen as a baby or as a kid.

Secondly, I have something wrong with myself.
Spoiler:


The other possibility is that the boy is actually....
Spoiler:
I agree with you Guido, after giving it a night's thought, I concluded that that boy with Clown-Mana is just too much different than the Allen we know.

I say, that the boy with Clown-Mana is in fact the 14th, in his eternally youthful stage.

So why did Mana call him 'Allen' ?

I'm thinking that the 14th's real name is also Allen.

And being the brother of Mana Walker, that would make him "Allen Walker".


Which then leaves the issue of his left arm, but looking carefully, we can't confirm if that arm is in fact the same Innocence arm as Allen. Sure it looks the same, but that image doesn't show if it has the Innocence Cross at the back of his hand...


Btw, I now don't think that Allen was the reborn 14th, not 'naturally' anyway. From what Cross said at the end, Mana had implanted Allen with the 14th's memory of the 'Song', meaning he wasn'tborn with the memory.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:22   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
God damnnit

Everytime would have fitted if it weren't for THIS scene

Spoiler:



Change in theory, 'Allen' is NOT the 14th yet, then that would mean that Clown is NOT Mana...

Maybe... Mana would eventually become that's clown's disciple?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:33   Link #1034
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The kid could have been Allen's previous life... but the two brothers (14th and Mana) didn't look very different in age or appearance.

Maybe Allen just underwent some personality change at some point?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:49   Link #1035
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The kid could have been Allen's previous life... but the two brothers (14th and Mana) didn't look very different in age or appearance.


Maybe Allen just underwent some personality change at some point?
That's seems like too drastic of a change, in addition, why would the clown (Mana?) pretend to not know him?

Gah!!! I hate that flashback It feels so... Too many things are SO vague!! It would be fine to think that boy is indeed Allen, but his personality, looks and everything just screams 'NO'.

Another mystery is, where does Cross come into this?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:56   Link #1036
Vanehei
Sousuke rules
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mèxico city
Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Oh my god! I think that the Clown its Earl, and the boy its the 14th!... but then,, where is Mana?...
__________________
Baratijas Blog, we rock your world
Vanehei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 19:06   Link #1037
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's seems like too drastic of a change, in addition, why would the clown (Mana?) pretend to not know him?

Gah!!! I hate that flashback It feels so... Too many things are SO vague!! It would be fine to think that boy is indeed Allen, but his personality, looks and everything just screams 'NO'.

Another mystery is, where does Cross come into this?
But I think that because of this scene, many people is think that the boy is Allen
Spoiler for :
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 20:47   Link #1038
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Spoiler for My take:
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:06   Link #1039
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
ok now I found it strange why so many people doubt it? the boy is definitely Allen and the clown is mana. Allen probably learn a gentlemen way from mana hence changed his personality - Allen were adopted during chrismas right? make sense that mana adopted allen after that since it's gonna be christmas soon. about allen hair - I don't know what cause it to turn white but his sadness over mana death could cause it (+innocence influence)
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:15   Link #1040
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
ok now I found it strange why so many people doubt it? the boy is definitely Allen and the clown is mana. Allen probably learn a gentlemen way from mana hence changed his personality - Allen were adopted during chrismas right? make sense that mana adopted allen after that since it's gonna be christmas soon. about allen hair - I don't know what cause it to turn white but his sadness over mana death could cause it (+innocence influence)
I personally think that Cross has to fit inside this somewhere. How did he know that the 14th and Mana were brothers if he wasn't close to them?
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural, what the hell is going on

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.