AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-06-24, 12:19   Link #161
Horus01

Well, i couldn't wait to finish my exams and i just completed the program. I don't have the game installed on this laptop so i can't test it, but i was checking the lines and there are no misplaced lines. since i'm a first year at college, this program is kind of "rough" and there are some changes that have to be done everytime you want to insert a different chapter, but i'm almost 100% sure this works. I'll test it on my pc later (i'm at college right now) and see how well it works.

edit: I found some very annoying "special cases" and when i found the solution to that, some other problems appeared (this is related to the editing done on chapter 3, there were some lines that weren't included in the old translation). This is probably gonna take a while T_T.

edit2: This time i tested it and it's working. I'm having no problems reading chapter 3. Later i'll try to improve my program a bit to make it a bit more user friendly.

Last edited by Horus01; 2008-06-26 at 22:35.
Horus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 13:02   Link #162
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Is there a way I can inject Baka-Tsuki's translated scripts into Umineko myself? I see only first three chapters are incorporated into the v0.1 patch I've played but much more has been already translated and I'd rather read it in the game than from the wiki.

Last edited by neqael; 2008-06-30 at 14:05. Reason: minor mistake
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 20:37   Link #163
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus01 View Post

edit2: This time i tested it and it's working. I'm having no problems reading chapter 3. Later i'll try to improve my program a bit to make it a bit more user friendly.
That sound really interesting. As I already pointed before, manual insertion is really tedious, hence it doesn't exactly permits mass insertion and so on.
If you believe it is working decently, don't hesitate to contact us, that will certainly lighten the load quite a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neqael View Post
Is there a way I can inject Baka-Tsuki's translated scripts into Umineko myself? I see only first three chapters are incorporated into the v0.1 patch I've played but much more has been already translated and I'd rather read it in the game than from the wiki.
You can, as long as you don't spread it as a patch from us. Actually, we could do that from the very beginning, but as we already announced, the first translation is very rough (which has been aknowledged by ace already, insisting to check it anyway).
Hence, the insertion is pretty much stuck, because tobiast is retranslating the game.

Speaking of which, here is some news: the project is of course not dead at all. As you might have figured already, the period was hardly great for us (most of us were in exam periods for college, so quite busy). For the moment, chapter 3 is about to be finished in retranslation, so the insertion will be resumed.

Also, we are checking chronotrig contributions, if anyone else feel they can contribute as well in editing, please do so. We used the wiki format for that goal, so don't hesitate to help us

I'm currently trying to spare some time for the project, but considering some vacation trip (hence, not my usual CPU and not a lot of free time), I'm kinda stuck. At least, I will try to provide appropriate updates/news here and there.

Again, my apologizes for that sudden hiatus, and thanks for your patience. (we are still aiming for the complete patch before Banquet of the golden witch... yup, reckless )
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 21:46   Link #164
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Again, my apologizes for that sudden hiatus, and thanks for your patience. (we are still aiming for the complete patch before Banquet of the golden witch... yup, reckless )
August.... There's no way we can do that. I say December
Old 2008-06-30, 22:36   Link #165
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
August.... There's no way we can do that. I say December
is that so? Well, obviously reckless and unlikely, but ironically, it is theorically possible if we go in "ace mode", 1 chapter each 4 days, enslaving toby, niemand, harukamae and whoever maso enough for such pace

maa, whatever, it will be out when it is done. nothing really needed to be too early or too late
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 23:26   Link #166
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Whatever pace Toby-chan wants to go is fine with me because the longer he takes, the longer I have before I have to start editing episode 2.
Old 2008-06-30, 23:56   Link #167
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

By December I should have onscripter support for at least some of the plugin effects; I've already gotten support for one relatively simple effect (not used in Umineko), and I'll be adding more as I work them out. It'd be good to have rain in the rainy scenes, neh?

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-07-01, 00:11   Link #168
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
I read through a guide for using On and N scriptors
but I still don't quite get how they made the menu page in the beginning...
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Ep4: Finished

Umineko no Naku Koro ni EP5: ...??

Accumulating 07th point -.-
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 03:30   Link #169
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Quote:
You can, as long as you don't spread it as a patch from us. Actually, we could do that from the very beginning, but as we already announced, the first translation is very rough (which has been aknowledged by ace already, insisting to check it anyway).
Yeah, but could you or someone else please point me to some guide on how to do that?
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 06:05   Link #170
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
is that so? Well, obviously reckless and unlikely, but ironically, it is theorically possible if we go in "ace mode", 1 chapter each 4 days, enslaving toby, niemand, harukamae and whoever maso enough for such pace

maa, whatever, it will be out when it is done. nothing really needed to be too early or too late
Are you kidding me?
"Ace mode" is 1 chapter each 2 days
Just check my posts
Old 2008-07-01, 10:41   Link #171
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Are you kidding me?
"Ace mode" is 1 chapter each 2 days
Just check my posts
Shhh... Don't remind him.
Old 2008-07-12, 09:04   Link #172
Maes
その目だれの目?

Hmm, multiple Umineko threads about, but I figure I'll post it here.

Umineko anime announcement
interesting news.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 11:26   Link #173
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

*jumps around*

We all knew it would happen, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. Anyway, that made my summer.
Old 2008-07-12, 12:30   Link #174
chronotrig

Now thats trust in a series: announcing an anime adaptation for a game that's only 25% written.
I really don't think umineko is suited for a much slower pace than higurashi, so they'll still have to wait at least until winter before they can even start working on ep4. That and the fact that season 3 hasn't come out yet means that this just confirms that they'll be making an anime sometime.
Even so, it's great news.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:44   Link #175
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Now thats trust in a series: announcing an anime adaptation for a game that's only 25% written.
I really don't think umineko is suited for a much slower pace than higurashi, so they'll still have to wait at least until winter before they can even start working on ep4. That and the fact that season 3 hasn't come out yet means that this just confirms that they'll be making an anime sometime.
Even so, it's great news.
The Umineko anime is confirmed for 2008
Old 2008-07-12, 17:15   Link #176
chronotrig

Really? I thought they were just starting to make it this summer. Projects have been delayed for longer than a year before.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 17:25   Link #177
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45 Send a message via Skype™ to ayukanon45
where does it say that it has been confirmed for an 08 release?
ayukanon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:01   Link #178
Little Machi
Banned

When is Umineko going to get it's own section already? There's two games out, a third on the way soon enough, a manga, an upcoming anime, a translation project, an image thread, and there could be even more threads if it had it's own section.>_>
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:22   Link #179
Rias

Well it was just a matter of time that they were going to make the anime...but truth to be told, I'm about 25% anticipating and 75% worried...really hope it's not going to be DEEN, at least not going to be directed by Kon Chiaki again...you can tell that he didn't know anything about Higurashi from the interviews...
Old 2008-07-12, 23:28   Link #180
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayukanon45 View Post
where does it say that it has been confirmed for an 08 release?
See bottom right hand corner of this pdf flyer from Frontier Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
When is Umineko going to get it's own section already? There's two games out, a third on the way soon enough, a manga, an upcoming anime, a translation project, an image thread, and there could be even more threads if it had it's own section.>_>
Unfortunately this board only has sub-forums for "current" series and "older" series, but none for "unaired." Considering Umineko's popularity though, I agree that it deserves one. Perhaps you may want to send out a petition to the other key moderators on what they think would be a good compromise.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation