AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-13, 21:47   Link #1221
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
That's not a helpful suggestion. It amounts to "I'm right and you're not."
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:48   Link #1222
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh I see, just "happens" to be around, got cha

*wink/thumbs-up*


While I'm sure it makes you feel like a big man inside, please refrain from doing it every bloody time someone says something in that direction. After all, you wouldn't like that done on your beloved Kallen every single time now would you?
Knock it off. I'm serious. I spend time here often. I don't bother with every post.

No, it doesn't. And you think Kallen is my beloved? This is quite hilarious. I'm not a Kallen fan. I've never been a Kallen fan. Her being with Lelouch is the very last thing I have to see in this series. I'm a C.C. fan and a LelouchXC.C. fan. Being those doesn't mean I have to believe in something when I know it won't happen.

And people say I need to get my facts right…


Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That's not a helpful suggestion. It amounts to "I'm right and you're not."
If that is how I come across, I don't mean to.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:51   Link #1223
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
If that is how I come across, I don't mean to.
I'm sorry but that statements a load of bull. I look at some of the posts in the last 2 pages of this thread most of your posts have "I'm Right, what you say is wrong" or "abandon all hope because i'm right and your opinions are pointless" type sentences in them and thats a fact.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:53   Link #1224
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I'm sorry but that state ments a load of bull. I look at some of the posts in the last 2 pages of this thread there are most of your posts have "I'm Right, what you say is wrong" or "abandon all hope because i'm right and your opinions are pointless" type sentences in them.
Do they actually say exactly that? I've worded them wrong then. And it's not like I'm the only one who thinks this way.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:54   Link #1225
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Knock it off. I'm serious. I spend time here often. I don't bother with every post.
No, you only bother with two types of post; One is actual speculations and confirmed spoilers, the second is C.C.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
No, it doesn't. And you think Kallen is my beloved? This is quite hilarious. I'm not a Kallen fan. I've never been a Kallen fan. Her being with Lelouch is the very last thing I have to see in this series. I'm a C.C. fan and a LelouchXC.C. fan. Being those doesn't mean I have to believe in something when I know it won't happen.

And people say I need to get my facts right…
Lol, I'm sorry, I just had to make you say that again... Oh yeah, that's annoying too.

GIVE IT UP ALREADY! Everyone here knows that you're playing for the other team ! The only person you're kidding is yourself!

What is it, they got better cookies than us or something ?



(Wait a minute, doesn't that make you Suzaku ?)
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:58   Link #1226
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, you only bother with two types of post; One is actual speculations and confirmed spoilers, the second is C.C.




Lol, I'm sorry, I just had to make you say that again... Oh yeah, that's annoying too.

GIVE IT UP ALREADY! Everyone here knows that you're playing for the other team ! The only person you're kidding is yourself!

What is it, they got better cookies than us or something ?
That sounds about right, yes.

Enough people get that wrong that I'm used to it.

Give up what? Listen, you may think I'm some diehard Kallen fan, but you'd be wrong. Anyone who is familiar with me to any large degree knows I'm anything but a fan of Kallen or her ending up with Lelouch. I've enjoyed her being gone.

Us? I don't follow.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:01   Link #1227
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
That sounds about right, yes.

Enough people get that wrong that I'm used to it.

Give up what? Listen, you may think I'm some diehard Kallen fan, but you'd be wrong. Anyone who is familiar with me to any large degree knows I'm anything but a fan of Kallen or her ending up with Lelouch. I've enjoyed her being gone.

Us? I don't follow.
I've known you for quite a while and I know you hate Karen and you support LelouchxC.C but even i'm not sure if you were just fooling us. As all your posts are so contradictory that your reminding me of Season 1 Suzaku.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:02   Link #1228
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I've known you for quite a while and I know you hate Karen and you support LelouchxC.C but even i'm not sure if you were just fooling us. As all your posts are so contradictory that your reminding me of Season 1 Suzaku.
It's good roleplaying actually, now with a real life example, people would know why Suzaku stepped on our toes last season...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Enough people get that wrong that I'm used to it.
I know, it's your 'thing'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Give up what? Listen, you may think I'm some diehard Kallen fan, but you'd be wrong. Anyone who is familiar with me to any large degree knows I'm anything but a fan of Kallen or her ending up with Lelouch. I've enjoyed her being gone.
*pat pat*

Sure sure, I'll play along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Us? I don't follow.
'Us' Dann, 'us'...

We are a fraternity, join us...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:06   Link #1229
hayato
Datte...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jersey
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to hayato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Everyone here knows that you're playing for the other team ! The only person you're kidding is yourself!

Well this is mainly the C.C. thread, any speculations/ideas/thoughts are welcome as long as they are related to the purpose of the thread, right? If he believes in what he believes, as long as it has the word "C.C." in it, I think that's good enough to make a point in this thread.

Also, not to turn this place sour, no matter how you look at it, there's no way Lelouch will end up with C.C., I mean realistically it can't happen, maybe it can in some fanbook, but I really doubt it can happen at this point. But seen how the show has proved me wrong before, maybe something will happen later on; but yeah I am wishing it doesn't happen.
__________________

...Yes...
hayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:07   Link #1230
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I've known you for quite a while and I know you hate Karen and you support LelouchxC.C but even i'm not sure if you were just fooling us. As all your posts are so contradictory that your reminding me of Season 1 Suzaku.
Well, I'm not. I still don't get LelouchXKallen. Contradictory? How so? I like LelouchXC.C. and C.C.. Doesn't mean I have to believe that she'll get development, screentime, or a chance with Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I know, it's your 'thing'.




*pat pat*

Sure sure, I'll play along...



'Us' Dann, 'us'...

We are a fraternity, join us...
Thing?

You're hopeless. I'm not playing or fooling anyone.

Fraternity of what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayato View Post

Also, not to turn this place sour, no matter how you look at it, there's no way Lelouch will end up with C.C., I mean realistically it can't happen, maybe it can in some fanbook, but I really doubt it can happen at this point. But seen how the show has proved me wrong before, maybe something will happen later on; but yeah I am wishing it doesn't happen.
Don't worry then. It won't. And if you're a LelouchXKallen fan, you very likely made the right choice since there is no competition.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:11   Link #1231
hayato
Datte...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jersey
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to hayato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And if you're a LelouchXKallen fan, you very likely made the right choice since there is no competition.

Well, it was my first choice back in season one, but when looking at how things are turning, I think is going more solo'ish for Lelouch..
__________________

...Yes...
hayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:12   Link #1232
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayato View Post

Well, it was my first choice back in season one, but when looking at how things are turning, I think is going more solo'ish for Lelouch..
Meh, if it's open in the end and she still has feelings of some sort, you're at least the only ones who have a chance.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 23:53   Link #1233
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
But the OP shows that. Why put Kallen with Gino and Anya? Then the OP might be wrong.
Perhaps the OP denotes people who exist on both sides of Lelouch? Perhaps it shows us that these four characters will have the most impact on the main characters or the most impact on the story? No where does it say it denotes people who switch sides... because, quite frankly, that theory got shot in the forehead with a .5mm when Nina was shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Even if Kallen hadn't stopped him, a lot of things could have happened to save him. Maybe Rolo was waiting for Lelouch to finish talking to Kallen.Then, Rolo would have stopped him from taking refrain. Or his thoughts could have distracted him suddenly. Or someone else could have come and stopped him, who didn't, because they saw Kallen over there.
And many more could have happened to condemn him further. The show has made it a point to show us that Rolo wants Lelouch to be broken. Refrain would break Lelouch, that is what Rolo wants. There is no justification for the idea that Rolo would stop Lelouch from using Refrain.

The rest of your paragraph just makes me want to slap my forehead. That is not an argumentative point that is just pulling nonsense from whatever hole is within reach. What if a meteor had hit Lelouch on the head but the relativistic gravity created by Kallen's presence had made it veer off course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Probabilities are unlimited at any given time. Many beginnings can reach the same end. I can write a whole book on what ifs. Which is why I am saying both were important. It could have played out in infinite number of ways with infinite starting points and outcomes. A lot of things could have happened but they didn't. We are talking about what did happen. And there, both the scenes were important.
Probabilities are not unlimited when the show shows them to be limited. The number of things that could have happened had Kallen not appeared were limited to one. Rolo winning, Lelouch losing. That is what the entire ordeal on the train was about. The scene was not a blank slate, plans were already in motion as such the probabilities of things occurring were severely limited. The show also did not foreshadow or even mention any other character even remotely worrying about Lelouch, as such it would be illogical to even bother arguing that anyone else could have shown up.

Once Kallen throws a wrench in Rolo's plan, which is what she did by saving Lelouch from his pit of despair, many, many more possibilities and probabilities opened up because, simply, the event was not accounted for or planned for by Rolo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Kallen was jealous, but something made her jealous. She saw that there is a close connection between Lelouch and C.C. Even in the episode she gets captured, she gets jealous of him discussing his plans with her. Lelouch and C.C. are close (they are partners, even if professional). It could still be foreshadowing her jealousy and Lelouch's and C.C.'s growing bond.
Or it could be foreshadowing just her jealousy. You're clearly never going to let the point go if it is even remotely negative or impartial to Lelouch and C.C. ending, as such I will simply drop this point. Just take note that while the jealousy was foreshadowed and had proper development, your claim has as of now had no such development at all. It has been over 20 episodes since then, the foreshadowing in that scene has been likely used up already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
C.C. is not cold, she acts cold. She thinks she doesn't have anything to live for. She thought no one could care for her. Remember when she said Lelouch was the first one to ever thank her? I think that scene establishes a love triangle.
A person has to be cold to some degree to be able to act cold. She had Mao to live for, clearly wasn't enough of a reason. The Cult also seemed to have liked her and yet they too were not enough of a reason. Just because Lelouch was the first to thank her, doesn't mean others have not shown her love... when they clearly have.

A thank you does not form a love triangle.

Not to mention that one of the reasons that no one seems to be thanking C.C. is because of her own selfishness. Those cultists would have likely been thanking her had she not abandoned them to V.V..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
C.C. played a much bigger role in the 14th episode. She might play an active role now. Everything isn't going to end at the 14th episode. There still might be room for development. There is nothing romantic going on now. They might even chuck the whole thing, and leave Lelouch single at the end.
And when did I say she didn't play a large role or that her role would end? If they want an ending between Lelouch and C.C. then all the power to them, its their story, but as it is, they haven't done much with it. This more recent episode served to only further the gap between her and Lelouch.

There is nothing romantic going on? Did you miss the Kallen and Nunally bonding scene? Do they have to slap you upside the head with development for you to see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Little Mao did love C.C., though he had no choice but to love her. He wasn't able to form any relationship with anyone else. He wouldn't have needed her as much if he didn't have his geass. He wouldn't have become so attached to her, if he was able to interact with other people. It wouldn't reach to madness, if there were other people in his life.

A stalker never loved the person they stalked. Not being able to live without someone is one thing, but to go out and harm them is completely different. If someone can drive a person that insane, that they want to kill them if they don't want to be with them, then they need to see a shrink.

According to me love is when you are able to give the person some space, not smother them for your own needs. Obsession is selfish love, hence I wouldn't call it love. They don't care about the other person, as long as their needs are being served. That is what Mao had become.
Esper addressed this, and I am short on time. Nothing against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I don't think she intended to fall in love with him. Marianne teases her about Lelouch, but she always ends it with that can't possibly happen, it's just a contract, nothing else. There have been many instances of this. She is just lying to herself.
Tokkan covered this as well. And as I said... short on time.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 23:54   Link #1234
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I'm curious why you bother anymore Var. If they can't see it now, it's doubtful they ever will.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 23:58   Link #1235
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm curious why you bother anymore Var. If they can't see it now, it's doubtful they ever will.
Because someone who writes a reply deserves a reply in turn, and I enjoy hearing different opinions.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:00   Link #1236
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Because someone who writes a reply deserves a reply in turn, and I enjoy hearing different opinions.
Really? And by enjoy, you mean ripping apart what they think, right?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:00   Link #1237
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
The main point is(and i also seriously doubt that LelouchxC.C will happen) Until its shown that its not gonna happen theres possiblities saying things like "Give up its not happening" and such is ridiculous unless you are the writer you really dont know its all speculation
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:01   Link #1238
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Why are you bothering to help these people when even you think it's impossible?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:02   Link #1239
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
A person has to be cold to some degree to be able to act cold. She had Mao to live for, clearly wasn't enough of a reason. The Cult also seemed to have liked her and yet they too were not enough of a reason. Just because Lelouch was the first to thank her, doesn't mean others have not shown her love... when they clearly have.

A thank you does not form a love triangle.

Not to mention that one of the reasons that no one seems to be thanking C.C. is because of her own selfishness. Those cultists would have likely been thanking her had she not abandoned them to V.V..
I don't think it forms a love triangle either, but C.C. probably keeps Lelouch on her 'people-I-am-concerned-for-not-only-because-of-the-contract' list because he's the first to show some sort of affection (non-romantic or romantic, depends how you look at it) towards her. All the other times is torture and killing, it seems.
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:04   Link #1240
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Non-romantic for sure. He has no real feelings for her and love certainly isn't possible. And she has a list?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.