AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-14, 00:05   Link #1241
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Though i think its impossible i cant say for certain whats gonna happen because im no psychic after all. Though i may believe it i cant tell someone else somethings not gonna happen if i dont have evidence that its not
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:05   Link #1242
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And she has a list?
Metaphorically. Duh.
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:05   Link #1243
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SC, USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Why are you bothering to help these people when even you think it's impossible?
it`s called opinions everyones is different
__________________
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:11   Link #1244
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Though i think its impossible i cant say for certain whats gonna happen because im no psychic after all. Though i may believe it i cant tell someone else somethings not gonna happen if i dont have evidence that its not
Well, it is impossible. No good writer would write something up with him and pretty much everyone knows that. There hasn't been one shred of evidence it ever could happen and this season has made a point of making that clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Metaphorically. Duh.
I got that. I meant that I wondered where you got the idea she had anyone she considered in that fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
it`s called opinions everyones is different
I get that, but it's not good to encourage people about something that can never happen.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:15   Link #1245
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Theres really no harm in people believing that they'll end up together.... whether it happens or not all animes have some characters people want together that may not get together its the fun of watching it.
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:16   Link #1246
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
There isn't? I suppose people can believe in a lie if they want to, but no one should want to be disappointed.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:19   Link #1247
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
There isn't? I suppose people can believe in a lie if they want to, but no one should want to be disappointed.
What you don't understand is that for many people standing up for what you believe in/what you want to happen and losing or being dissappointed is better than giving up or never trying.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:20   Link #1248
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Theres really no harm in people believing that they'll end up together.... whether it happens or not all animes have some characters people want together that may not get together its the fun of watching it.
I think C.C.'s too much of an 'independent' anime girl to end up with someone just like that.
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:22   Link #1249
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
What you don't understand is that for many people standing up for what you believe in/what you want to happen and losing or being dissappointed is better than giving up or never trying.
I don't see what's so good about that. If you always give up and assume you will lose, you can never be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
I think C.C.'s too much of an 'independent' anime girl to end up with someone just like that.
She is, but that hasn't stopped a few people.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:24   Link #1250
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't see what's so good about that. If you always give up and assume you will lose, you can never be disappointed.
If more people though like that then human beings never would have gotten anywhere.

If Lelouch thought anything like that and gave up at the first chance of being dissappointed the Rebellion would've failed a long time ago.

If you always give up and never stand up for what you believe in then you would never get a head in life.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:25   Link #1251
greyhawk
Some dude
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the city named after our greatest hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
There isn't? I suppose people can believe in a lie if they want to, but no one should want to be disappointed.
Of all the members on animesuki, you're the one I'd miss the most Dann. Really man, standing firm against all odds ,turning a blind eye and deaf ear to everything and anything
Hey you could set up some kind of anti-C.C. cult/organization you know.
__________________
The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:27   Link #1252
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
If more people though like that then human beings never would have gotten anywhere.

If Lelouch thought anything like that and gave up at the first chance of being dissappointed the Rebellion would've failed a long time ago.

If you always give up and never stand up for what you believe in then you'd would ever get a head in life.
You don't know that.

Maybe so, but this is fiction.

How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
Of all the members on animesuki, you're the one I'd miss the most Dann. Really man, standing firm against all odds ,turning a blind eye and deaf ear to everything and anything
Hey you could set up some kind of anti-C.C. cult/organization you know.
Why would I want to do that? The last thing I need to see are more C.C. haters. There are enough already. And yes, I know that makes absolutely no sense coming from me.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:31   Link #1253
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
She is, but that hasn't stopped a few people.
There will always be a few people wishing. For the next-to impossible.
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:33   Link #1254
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
There will always be a few people wishing. For the next-to impossible.
I feel bad for them.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:37   Link #1255
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
You don't know that.

Maybe so, but this is fiction.

How so?
Yes I do and so do many others if human beings gave up at ever adversity they faced because of a chance of being dissappointed how would we advance our society. If george Washington or any other revolutionary gave up because there was a chance of failure in they're revolution how would the world be today. If we all did what you say human would be nothing because we'd never be taking risks to improve ourselves because of the threat of failure and because of thta we'd likely never do anything or make anything new.

Things like this rebellion have happened in reality though and if people acted like what you said during those moments then the world would probably be a much worse place.

If you always give up then you have no chance to win. To truly get ahead in your life you have to believe in yourself and take risks and try to improve yourself and your life.

One of the main themes of Geass is to stuggle against adversity and to fight for what you believe yet you somehow don't believe anyone should do that.I don't even know why you like this show since it apparently goes against what you believe in.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:39   Link #1256
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Yes I do and so do many others if human beings gave up at ever adversity they faced because of a chance of being dissappointed how would we advance our society. If george Washington or any other revolutionary gave up because there was a chance of failure in they're revolution how would the world be today. If we all did what you say human would be nothing because we'd never be taking risks to improve ourselves because of the threat of failure and because of thta we'd likely never do anything or make anything new.

Things like this rebellion have happened in reality though and if people acted like what you said during those moments then the world would probably be a much worse place.

If you always give up then you have no chance to win. To truly get ahead in your life you have to believe in yourself and take risks and try to improve yourself and your life.
It might be a better place. You never know.

Maybe it would and maybe it wouldn't. It's impossible to really know.

That's never gotten me anywhere but disappointed. Maybe it works with you, but not me.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:41   Link #1257
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It might be a better place. You never know.

Maybe it would and maybe it wouldn't. It's impossible to really know.

That's never gotten me anywhere but disappointed. Maybe it works with you, but not me.
If you fail then you get up and try again.

Also lplease ook at the edits on my last post, i'm kinda hoping for an answer to my question...
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:43   Link #1258
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
One of the main themes of Geass is to stuggle against adversity and to fight for what you believe yet you somehow don't believe anyone should do that.I don't even know why you like this show since it apparently goes against what you believe in.
When was that ever stated to be a theme? It's fun to watch things that could never happen in real life though. Isn't that why fiction is so popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
If you fail then you get up and try again.

Also lplease ook at the edits on my last post, i'm kinda hoping for an answer to my question...
And then you fail yet again.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:45   Link #1259
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
When was that ever stated to be a theme? It's fun to watch things that could never happen in real life though. Isn't that why fiction is so popular?

But something like this could happen in real life(im not talking about Geass and stuff I mean the rebellion it could happen and you could kind of think of it like the amrican revolution)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And then you fail yet again.
Or you succeed you'll never knw unless you try.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 00:47   Link #1260
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Hey, people, why don't you both just move the fuck on to a different topic? Seriously, you're just going around in circles. You're giving me a headache as it is. The way you two are going, a mod's going to lock down the thread. Hell, I'm starting to wish they will, just to get you two to shut up about it.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.