AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-11, 10:32   Link #21
zerosN1s
just a collection of...

If you want to keep following it, Zero no Tsukaima 3rd season just began airing at the time of the OP.

Rozen Maiden gets better. It's a darker story than it seems.

Following up on someone else's post, Scrapped Princess has magic, but it's not the epic blow-em-up kind. Honestly I don't even remember that much magic. Still good though.

I second/third/N+1'd Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, and Rozen Maiden.

Last edited by zerosN1s; 2008-07-11 at 10:44. Reason: fixed grammar
Old 2008-07-11, 10:32   Link #22
EoT
~~

Going to give Kaze no Stigma and Rozen Maiden a try. Thanks everyone for the suggestions

Seen Scrapped Princess too btw it's hard to list everything I've seen every time I post a suggestion so if you want check out my profile, it has all animes I've seen under anime I think.
Old 2008-07-11, 11:46   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sometimes there's the rare person who actually searches the Suggestion thread before posting a request, so I don't always spend a lot of time looking through people's lists.
Old 2008-07-11, 14:05   Link #24
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Magic is seen in different aspects. Creating elements out of nowhere is seen as magic to me despite what world it is displayed in or what they call it.

Soul Eater: Witchs..
Bleach: Demon Arts, Zanpakatou shooting out projectiles..?
Naruto: Fire coming out of mouths etc.. I don't need to explain myself.

I tried Rozen Maiden last night and the first episode is a bit bland, does it get better?
Well yeah by that definition you classify everything supernatural or unexplainable by science as magic.

Rozen Maiden gets better later on as you get to know the rest of the 'dolls' and more fighting begins. But I found it boring anyway.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:26   Link #25
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Somebody needs to second or third Negima!, and I will.

Manga > both anime versions though. This is one of those clear-cut cases my argument is truth and if you disagree you're lying. Depending on sections, the manga range from What a Harem! (i.e. not so good) to epic action lasting entire volumes.

The first anime series pretty much only focused on the manga's meh parts and did it badly; the second was something of a satire, fans of Shinbo enjoy but others not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's been quite a while since I watched it, but I recall that Shannon Raquel is a powerful mage. The story is a classic epic adventure with an unusual mixture of science-fiction and magic
Spoiler for Scrapped Princess ending spoiler! indirect, but spoilage is spoilage:
Old 2008-07-12, 08:18   Link #26
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

shakugan no shana and fate/stay night
are a must see if you like those kind of anime.

Some other great series involving magic-like effects

Hunter x Hunter
Full Metal Alchemist
D. gray men

and right now I've forgotten a lot of good shows
Old 2008-07-12, 09:34   Link #27
Yukinakamura

I'm not sure but try Rozen Maiden and Sugar Sugar Rune (Its a kid's show but still involves magic)
Old 2008-07-14, 13:09   Link #28
Fuzzy_Bunny

When the word epic comes into mind, the only thing you should be thinking of is GURREN LAGAAN. =)
Old 2008-07-14, 13:12   Link #29
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

CCS is still a classic, imo.
Old 2008-07-16, 01:31   Link #30
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neqael View Post
In Naruto, Rasengan and various other ninja techniques are formed with Chakra, so called life force energy. No one calls it magic.

Similarly in Bleach, hollows are basically evil spirits and nowhere is magic explicitly listed as the source of their energy.
agreed.

well, according to those two animes, I'd recommend Hunter x Hunter. Fabulous action anime with terrific characters and plot.
Old 2008-07-16, 05:05   Link #31
Yunkel

Greetings.

Well according to your examples, it doesnt has to be "magic" as in RPGs but mere supernatural abilities, in which case I agree with blewin and strongly recommend Hunter * Hunter.

If you want to see *real* magic in a real fantasy world then go for the classics:

The Slayers series, Record of Lodoss War & the very best I've seen in my life (Manga only though) "Dai no Daibouken"