AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-20, 23:24   Link #1
perth

can someone help me with naruto fansub groups

hi i am currently putting my naruto collection onto dvd so i can try to convert some friends to the light.

i tried anbu-aone because i already had all of theirs but then i noticed that on a tv it is impossible to read their subtitle, i just tried episodes 1-7. ( this might just be me not trying to badmouth they are a awsome group). so then i tried toriyama's world and they are perfect and i can read them all. but toriyamas world is currently at episode 52 and i was wondering what naruto fansub group has subtitles that are easy to read on a tv starting at episode 52.

P.S. this is not a overscan issue it is a problem with the subtitle colour.

please if any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I hope this is the right forum.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 01:39   Link #2
perth

please help

hi i am currently putting my naruto collection onto dvd so i can try to convert some friends to the light.

i tried anbu-aone because i already had all of theirs but then i noticed that on a tv it is impossible to read their subtitle, i just tried episodes 1-7. ( this might just be me not trying to badmouth they are a awsome group). so then i tried toriyama's world and they are perfect and i can read them all. but toriyamas world is currently at episode 52 and i was wondering what naruto fansub group has subtitles that are easy to read on a tv starting at episode 52.

P.S. this is not a overscan issue it is a problem with the subtitle colour.

please if any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2004-04-21, 03:32   Link #3
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
humm..
some have said that our subs are clear on the TV, but I can't say anything on that, cause I watch from the screen (and we started from 56)...
BakaSan has done from 4x, he has used default fonts, dunno if they're good on TV, but he doesn't serve eps under 70 anymore, only the scripts...

dunno about the other 1 million groups doin it...
ARev has caught some ppls respect, so you might try them...
Old 2004-04-21, 03:57   Link #4
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Not sure about this but I think anbu/aone switched their fonts to a more readable one later on...dunno when they switched...hopefully for you, it will be around ep 52.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 04:20   Link #5
Palani
///_^

I'd suggest moving this thread to the playback help section. Copy your text and start a new thread there.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 05:05   Link #6
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
I'd suggest moving this thread to the playback help section. Copy your text and start a new thread there.
no dont do that, ask a MOD to move it. no sense in deleting a perfectly legit thread.

and... ... what do you mean? the bottom of the screen is cut off?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 05:10   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
Actually, this is something not to do

If you want a thread moved, PM a Mod and make the request. Do not double post of crosspost the same question in multiple forums (which is exactly what perth did ).

While the Playback Help has it's merits (and may well be a more suitable location for this thread) I'm going to move it into the Naruto forum since the people there may be able to suggest an alternative to the TW episodes.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 09:11   Link #8
Suikun

From episode 65, ANBU & AonE basically use the same font and size but have a darker border around the white text so it's much easier to see on the TV's resolution. It's not perfect - but it definitely becomes readable from that point forward.

Bakasan's show up really really well on the TV, but they are very small. And Shin-Otaku, who seems fairly new to the Naruto scene, I don't think I remember it being all that great on the TV. As for the episodes between 52 and 65... hmph... depends on how badly you want a decent set of DVDs for your friend - you can either live with ANBU & AonE's typeset, or invest some time into Sub Station Alpha and some kind of encoding app to encode your own versions with bigger subs overlayed on it.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 11:05   Link #9
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

though, I don't think it would be such a good idea to put some BakaSan in it, and then suddenly switch to Anbu, because their translations are quite different, as well as the jutsu names (noticed in 78, didn't check the other ones). also, just had to say it, their quality sx (BS 77). I would do TW up to 52, then Arev up to 63, and then continue with A&A.
Old 2004-04-21, 18:30   Link #10
perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
though, I don't think it would be such a good idea to put some BakaSan in it, and then suddenly switch to Anbu, because their translations are quite different, as well as the jutsu names (noticed in 78, didn't check the other ones). also, just had to say it, their quality sx (BS 77). I would do TW up to 52, then Arev up to 63, and then continue with A&A.
thank you that is the response that i wanted to hear

and you all were a lot of help