AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 216 59.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 23.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-19, 05:07   Link #1381
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post

Well the episode will air in less than 24 hours from now...let's see how things went...
One day and One Night before having some answers...Let's be brave
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 05:20   Link #1382
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Lelouch" is still at the academy living a normal life. Every and all intelligence points to that simple fact, yet Suzaku trusts his gut and truly believes that Zero is in fact Lelouch (much as I don't like the guy, he is right). The bait is still there...albeit someone that performs much better than original...but "he's" still there
In that case, if "Lulu" was brought in for questioning concerning Shirely's suicide, Suzaku would have found out more than he ever needed to know compared to the meaningless act of drugging Kallen.

Few things infuriate me more than morally questionable acts which were performed without purpose. Suzaku is wasting everybody's time.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 05:34   Link #1383
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Using Lulu as bait for CC might seem well and good, but it would be rather pointless if the bait has gone missing.
How "missing" he is depends on what Rolo's reporting. Though even if he's saying "Lelouch's with me. He's a moral wreck, and doesn't want anyone to see him, so we're holed up in the slum with a good supply of alcohol.", I agree Suzaku should just answer "Great. Bring him in." Suzaku would even have an excuse in case Lelouch's still under his dad's geass. "We're friends, and I'm worried about you. Shirley wouldn't want you to destroy yourself like that."

And if Rolo's gone AWOL too... Then yeah. Suzaku's totally wasting everyone's time.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 05:47   Link #1384
FrostWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In that case, if "Lulu" was brought in for questioning concerning Shirely's suicide, Suzaku would have found out more than he ever needed to know compared to the meaningless act of drugging Kallen.

Few things infuriate me more than morally questionable acts which were performed without purpose. Suzaku is wasting everybody's time.
Indeed apart from acting like a hypcrite he still needs solid evidence on which to base it considering the coroner and all witness testimony would counter-act Kallen's confession
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 07:14   Link #1385
animeboy12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Hey, war turns people into beasts(play mgs4 or read All Quiet on the Western Front).After the what Shirley said in the last episode and lulu not even comming to he funeral I'd be a little suspicious too. Anyway, I just want her to get drug because 1) I want the suzaku to find out zero is lulu 2) I tired of all the Deus ex machinas 3) I wanna know more about Kallen
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 07:23   Link #1386
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
2) I tired of all the Deus ex machinas
Kallen being saved is not a deus ex machina, since it's all within reasonable probability that someone would walk in on them.

Deus ex machina is where an improbable scenario occurs to resolve a seemingly dire situation. Emphasis on the word "improbable".

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
3) I wanna know more about Kallen
Considering that Kallen and Nunnally were about to have a conversation about their brothers before Suzaku just had to come on and butt in, we do have other methods of learning more about her.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 07:44   Link #1387
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
Hey, war turns people into beasts(play mgs4 or read All Quiet on the Western Front).After the what Shirley said in the last episode and lulu not even comming to he funeral I'd be a little suspicious too. Anyway, I just want her to get drug because 1) I want the suzaku to find out zero is lulu 2) I tired of all the Deus ex machinas 3) I wanna know more about Kallen
You say you're tired of Deus Ex Machina, and yet Suzaku getting anything useful out of Refrain usage would be a big one, right there.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 07:53   Link #1388
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Deus ex machina is where an improbable scenario occurs to resolve a seemingly dire situation. Emphasis on the word "improbable".

actually the best way to descraibe deus ex machina is in its name
the gods come down from the heavens to solve the problems
not something improbable
but a solution that is not derived from the plot of the story so far
but other then that i agree
someone walking in is likely
but it would
a)suck since it means sunrise cheated us out of something more interesting
b)would still make suzaku an asshole since he was still going to inject her and just got interupted
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 07:54   Link #1389
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
What will the drug do to Kallen? Suzaku is a little beach if he drugs her regardless of the results...wow even to this episode, Suzaku remains the most hated character and even more so now...damn how can anyone like the guy.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 08:05   Link #1390
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Headed for Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
True. In fact, he doesn't even need to explain that much. "Because I say so and I'm a KoR" is all the explanation low level grunts need.

But, while he can ignore what laws there are, he can't ignore the will of the emperor. That's one of the sticking points, though, since there's a Zero out there and all, and CC doesn't seem interested in contacting Lelouch, dangling him as bait may not be that important any more. Certainly, detaining him a few days won't hurt anything.

There may also be another problem: what Euphemia would have wanted. Rather than trigger of return of "Evil Lelouch", wouldn't she have preferred him to live a peaceful student life? Suzaku may be hesitant to interfere with that for nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai View Post
What will the drug do to Kallen? Suzaku is a little beach if he drugs her regardless of the results...wow even to this episode, Suzaku remains the most hated character and even more so now...damn how can anyone like the guy.
Because in Soviet Russia Britannian Japan, anything goes if you're a KoR.
__________________

Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 08:15   Link #1391
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually the best way to descraibe deus ex machina is in its name
the gods come down from the heavens to solve the problems
not something improbable
but a solution that is not derived from the plot of the story so far
Thank you for going back and telling me it's not "improbable" but it is in fact "improbable based on the fact we have no evidence". Because that's what I get from "solution that is not derived from the plot".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
but other then that i agree
someone walking in is likely
but it would
a)suck since it means sunrise cheated us out of something more interesting
b)would still make suzaku an asshole since he was still going to inject her and just got interupted
Okay, if Nunnally were to suddenly come in, it'd well and truly show her that Suzaku is untrustworthy. Which she already had suspicions of since Turn 6. A rift being formed between those two would certainly be more interesting to me than Kallen getting high on refrain.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 08:25   Link #1392
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Headed for Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Okay, if Nunnally were to suddenly come in, it'd well and truly show her that Suzaku is untrustworthy. Which she already had suspicions of since Turn 6. A rift being formed between those two would certainly be more interesting to me than Kallen getting high on refrain.
I would rather see that too.

Nunnally for the win!
__________________

Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 08:27   Link #1393
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Thank you for going back and telling me it's not "improbable" but it is in fact "improbable based on the fact we have no evidence". Because that's what I get from "solution that is not derived from the plot".



Okay, if Nunnally were to suddenly come in, it'd well and truly show her that Suzaku is untrustworthy. Which she already had suspicions of since Turn 6. A rift being formed between those two would certainly be more interesting to me than Kallen getting high on refrain.

its a xanatos gambit on suzakus part
read my post in the spoiler page for my theory about it
page 351
post 7006
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 10:53   Link #1394
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Lelouch" is still at the academy living a normal life. Every and all intelligence points to that simple fact, yet Suzaku trusts his gut and truly believes that Zero is in fact Lelouch (much as I don't like the guy, he is right). The bait is still there...albeit someone that performs much better than original...but "he's" still there
Actually I don't think Lelouch is there anymore. He took Rolo and Sayako with him to China which suggests he's done pretending at Ashford (other wise I don't see what the point of bringing Sayako was since she didn't do anything in the last mission) They might have all disappeared thus making Suzaku even more suspect. But he can't bring Lelouch in if he doesn't know where he is.

We don't know if he's only drugging her to get her to only talk about Zero's identity. She assumed so but he never really said what he wanted to know. He might be hoping Kallen knows where Lelouch might have gone and will tell him. A shot in the dark but time is money and every minute he doesn't have Zero is a minute Rivalz or Milly or someone else might be killed by him.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 11:07   Link #1395
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Actually I don't think Lelouch is there anymore. He took Rolo and Sayako with him to China which suggests he's done pretending at Ashford (other wise I don't see what the point of bringing Sayako was since she didn't do anything in the last mission) They might have all disappeared thus making Suzaku even more suspect. But he can't bring Lelouch in if he doesn't know where he is.

We don't know if he's only drugging her to get her to only talk about Zero's identity. She assumed so but he never really said what he wanted to know. He might be hoping Kallen knows where Lelouch might have gone and will tell him. A shot in the dark but time is money and every minute he doesn't have Zero is a minute Rivalz or Milly or someone else might be killed by him.

except shes been in jail since the china arc ended so she wouldnt know if he went somewhere other then their base in china
and as far as where zero's base is
the chinese gov gave the black knights that island so its clear where they would be
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 11:21   Link #1396
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It has been shown again and again that Britannia operates under the "Private Law" system. Law as we know it, "common law", where the same law applies to everyone equally, simply do not exist.

There is a law for Numbers, a law for Peasants, a Law for Nobles, and a law for Royalty. Suzaku, being a KotR, is positioned between that of a Royal and a Noble due to his direct association with the Emperor.

Suzaku can order Lulu arrested for questioning, and he could rightfully have any police officer who refused to follow his order executed as a traitor.

People should stop trying to use current real-life legal systems to argue here; there is nothing a judge can say or do that can affect a KotR. Just-Cause is not necessary.

And the fact that Lulu is now missing is all the more reason to set up a dragnet right now, instead of having fun drugging someone for no good reason.
If Suzaku really had all the power you suggest, he wouldn't be drugging Kallen. He's drugging her because he suspects Lelouch but can't prove it, and since he can't prove it no good would come from arresting him. He would be forced to release him. Suzaku may have more authority than your average soldier or cop, but he still has to work within the system. Drugging someone isn't part of that, but he's in private and figures he can get away with it.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 11:24   Link #1397
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If Suzaku really had all the power you suggest, he wouldn't be drugging Kallen. He's drugging her because he suspects Lelouch but can't prove it, and since he can't prove it no good would come from arresting him. He would be forced to release him. Suzaku may have more authority than your average soldier or cop, but he still has to work within the system. Drugging someone isn't part of that, but he's in private and figures he can get away with it.
Well if we look back.

Suzaku had suspected that Zero was in fact Lelouch but refused to believe it. When it came to the mexican show-down he regretted for not acting upon it.

So I suppose VCV is right in a sense. If Suzaku wishes to avoid the same fates he should've arrested Lelouch in the first place since his gut is telling him so rather than drugging Kallen.

Ideally the correct measure would be to order the Intelligence Agency to provide him with the layout of Lelouch's recent activities and find any discrepencies within it.

On the other hand two top members of that secret agency are missing I mean that should be obvious enough. It's that or he wants 100% confirmation this time.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 12:08   Link #1398
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well if we look back.

Suzaku had suspected that Zero was in fact Lelouch but refused to believe it. When it came to the mexican show-down he regretted for not acting upon it.

So I suppose VCV is right in a sense. If Suzaku wishes to avoid the same fates he should've arrested Lelouch in the first place since his gut is telling him so rather than drugging Kallen.

Ideally the correct measure would be to order the Intelligence Agency to provide him with the layout of Lelouch's recent activities and find any discrepencies within it.

On the other hand two top members of that secret agency are missing I mean that should be obvious enough. It's that or he wants 100% confirmation this time.

Bolded Parts:

If Suzaku barged into the now corrupted intelligence agency and viewed lelouches recent activities suzaku would noticed that he keeps going to the "library" suzaku goes and check out the place. cue lelouch coming out of the hidden bookshelf at the wrong moment, and everything would have moved on long ago
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 12:18   Link #1399
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
If only Suzaku were that smart. He could have acted on it in the first season, but what good would it have done? He would never have proven anything. Since the Intelligence Agency is giving the all clear, he figures this is his only method of getting proof. He sure isn't getting it anywhere else.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 12:24   Link #1400
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If only Suzaku were that smart. He could have acted on it in the first season, but what good would it have done? He would never have proven anything. Since the Intelligence Agency is giving the all clear, he figures this is his only method of getting proof. He sure isn't getting it anywhere else.
then is he trying to drug kallen untill she becomes numb drag her out into the street go to a nearby tv station broadcast kallen with a gun to her head to try and bait zero out? because the others in this thread have deduced that his current method is just down right stupid
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.