AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-20, 10:54   Link #221
Santah
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
The hospital song battle was so retarded. Alto had the best dialogue ever:

Ranka Sheryl Ranka Sheryl!!!
Santah is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 11:04   Link #222
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santah View Post
The hospital song battle was so retarded. Alto had the best dialogue ever:

Ranka Sheryl Ranka Sheryl!!!
When has the series portrayed him as anything other than a dumbass?
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 14:04   Link #223
The Sandman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
The fact that it was, in essence, a recap episode was a bit annoying. The added insight as to what in the heck has been going on, however, was nice. And the duet had damn well better be on one of the soundtrack CDs, because it was amazing.
The Sandman is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 20:37   Link #224
jho
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Age: 30
When someone says "moe" deathstar, what exactly does the moe part mean? I notice it referred a lot to Ranka.
jho is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 20:41   Link #225
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
When someone says "moe" deathstar, what exactly does the moe part mean? I notice it referred a lot to Ranka.
Moe is a term referring to the usual stereotypical characters (mostly female) that appear on video games, manga and/or anime. Ie. ones that you probably won't find a counterpart to in real life.

Most of the time, they are the big-eyed, cutesy, innocent types (at least by physical appearance).

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 20:48   Link #226
jho
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Moe is a term referring to the usual stereotypical characters (mostly female) that appear on video games, manga and/or anime. Ie. ones that you probably won't find a counterpart to in real life.

Most of the time, they are the big-eyed, cutesy, innocent types (at least by physical appearance).

- Tak
ahh I understand now...abundant in anime and rare in RL

is that the case for GAR characters too? (abundant in anime but rare in RL?)
jho is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 20:53   Link #227
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
ahh I understand now...abundant in anime and rare in RL

is that the case for GAR characters too? (abundant in anime but rare in RL?)
Yes, because you and I both know that such individuals with attitudes on each end of the spectrum would be few and far in between in real life

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-20, 23:19   Link #228
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
Yeah, but GAR characters be characters so manly, blah blah blah, also making you gay for them. You get more GAR in real life than you do moe...unfortunately.

Most people miss that last bit out though (about being gay for another guy)
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 01:10   Link #229
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
When someone says "moe" deathstar, what exactly does the moe part mean? I notice it referred a lot to Ranka.

its code name for RUN REALLY FAST

ussually some loli style girl whose drawn overly cute

meh, sheryl=better
FLCL is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 01:30   Link #230
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I'm starting to see parallels in this ep as sides are made.

Densha Otoko (Richard Bilrer) VS 4chan Anonymous (Grace O'Connor + Galaxy Anonymous)

Ouji-sama (Brera Stern) VS Hime-sama (Saotome Alto)
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 04:41   Link #231
dee32
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SC
For a recap ep. this was a really good one. Way better than the ones from GS and GSD, that I've seen.

Though I'm trying to figure out how Grace made Sheryl sick this time or is it that Sheryl hasn't full recovered from when Grace made her sick the last time. So Sheryl has been trashed by Grace. I'd like to see how Sheryl reacts when she finds out Grace is now Ranka's manager.

I see Grace planning some kind of hit on Sheryl next week. I see Sheryl joining SMS because she basically has no where else to go. She'd be alot safer on the Quarter than any where else on Frontier. She could the sound force for Skull squadron. I wonder when will they replace her lost earring? I see her pilot a purple VF-25.

I'm glad Alto got promoted to 2Lt. If Michael and Alto are 2Lt., what is Luca? I mean no one has ever mention his rank before. Is Alto being groomed to lead Skull squadron when Ozma dies or would Canaria take over since she has a higher rank than Alto. Another right now whose second in command of the squadron now Michael or Canaria?

Will Ozma recognize Brera?
dee32 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 05:06   Link #232
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Why'd they promote Alto? Does this mean he'll get a couple of underlings he can order around?
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 05:07   Link #233
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Glorified recap. Hated pretty much everything except the end where Pillard was playing with his 1/2 scale town. Feels like I'm watching Gundam OO all over again...
It could be worst, you could be watching Gundam SEED again with its 3 recap episodes and Destiny's what 4.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 05:09   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Why'd they promote Alto? Does this mean he'll get a couple of underlings he can order around?
General heroism, I guess. He saved two songstresses in one battle. It's vaguely possible he now outranks Luca. I don't remember about Michel.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 05:54   Link #235
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
That and Mr. Bilrer has a plan.

In MW somebody said that Bilrer and Galaxy are playing a game of chess.

Brera Stern is Galaxy's knight piece, their ace.

For Bilrer his knight piece is Alto Saotome, his trump card.

Not only is Brera's VF rival but Alto has the key to the hearts of both Q1 and Fairy 9.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 06:29   Link #236
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I see Grace planning some kind of hit on Sheryl next week. I see Sheryl joining SMS because she basically has no where else to go. She'd be alot safer on the Quarter than any where else on Frontier. She could the sound force for Skull squadron. I wonder when will they replace her lost earring? I see her pilot a purple VF-25.
You know I don't think she will be piloting anything any time soon. She will have to have many many more hours of training and flying before they let her in a cockpit again. If you didn't notice, she didn't exactly fly Michael's VF very well.

Quote:
I'm glad Alto got promoted to 2Lt. If Michael and Alto are 2Lt., what is Luca? I mean no one has ever mention his rank before. Is Alto being groomed to lead Skull squadron when Ozma dies or would Canaria take over since she has a higher rank than Alto. Another right now whose second in command of the squadron now Michael or Canaria?
I really don't understand why they were make Alto 2nd LT and keep Michael at the same rank. Michael has so much more experience than Alto which should add up to at least 1st LT one would think. Seniority over Skill. Also I believe Ozma is in charge of everything flight oriented. He's above Klan Klan as far as ranking goes. If he kicks the bucket then I see Klan Klan being in charge of all flight operations and it's possible that Alto gets put in charge of the Skull Squadron but I would rather see Michael in that role. However it's an anime and so logic doesn't always come into decision making.

Quote:
Will Ozma recognize Brera?
Good question. I don't think so but we'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That and Mr. Bilrer has a plan.

In MW somebody said that Bilrer and Galaxy are playing a game of chess.

Brera Stern is Galaxy's knight piece, their ace.

For Bilrer his knight piece is Alto Saotome, his trump card.

Not only is Brera's VF rival but Alto has the key to the hearts of both Q1 and Fairy 9.
This makes a lot of sense since we know that Bilrer is probably much more knowledgeable about what is going on behind the scenes than we realize. I don't know at what point he figured out the Galaxy was involved but I pretty certain he does. He probably also knows that Ranka is special and holds powers over Varja more than simply Deculture. Not sure if he knows her designation as Q1 but you never know. Grace can't be the only operative moving about.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 07:37   Link #237
dee32
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
I really don't understand why they were make Alto 2nd LT and keep Michael at the same rank. Michael has so much more experience than Alto which should add up to at least 1st LT one would think. Seniority over Skill. Also I believe Ozma is in charge of everything flight oriented. He's above Klan Klan as far as ranking goes. If he kicks the bucket then I see Klan Klan being in charge of all flight operations and it's possible that Alto gets put in charge of the Skull Squadron but I would rather see Michael in that role. However it's an anime and so logic doesn't always come into decision making.
I can see promoting Klan to Major and making her CAG. Then promoting Alto to Capt. or 1stLt. and making him Skull Leader. I hope Cathy joins SMS, I'd make her first officer and promoted her to Capt.

Pixie Squadron
Pixie 1 Major Klan Klan - Pixie Leader and CAG
Pixie 2 Nene Rora
Pixie 3 Raramia Rerenia replacement

Skull Squadron
Skull 1 Capt. or 1stLt. Alto Saotome - Skull Leader
Skull 2 1stLt. Michael Blanc
Skull 3 2ndLt. Luca Angeloni
Skull 4 WO Sheryl Nome
Rabbit 1 Capt. Canaria Berstein
dee32 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 07:56   Link #238
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Cathy hasn't exactly shone as an officer, so far, though.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 07:59   Link #239
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Cathy hasn't exactly shone as an officer, so far, though.
Well, she had a rather cold receival from Bobby and was very cautious, because her orders were that Frontier should occupy an observers role in the battle, but otherwise she did her job like the other bridge bunnies.

It has been shown repeatedly that already she has integrated quite well with the bridge crew, chatting over Alto, Ozma and Bobby and Monicas feelings about the captain.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 08:07   Link #240
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, she was OK, though her culture (obedience, prudence) clashes a bit with SMS's on occasion. But she didn't show the kind of brilliance that'd justify her being promoted over everybody's head. She's just another bridge bunny, who's not even relied on for advice, at that.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.