AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 03:47   Link #701
royal007

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Because your profile picture only shows up in... well your profile.
If you meant your avatar then you'll have to click the Edit Avatar link in your user profile.

Take note that your profile picture is 52kb and you can only upload an avatar that is 50kb and less.
Thanks alot, its make me feel stupid to think i over looked something so tiny, much love, and thanks again
royal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 23:56   Link #702
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Install Avisynth.

Avisynth code:

Open notepad program. Then add:

DirectShowSource("C:\location to file\filename with extention")

Example:

DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Video Old\[Arienai_-_Conclave]_Ginban_Kaleidoscope_-_04_[H264_-_AAC][7DCB1A58].mp4")

Then: Save file /all file types/ save file as: video.avs

Now open virtualdub, and drag that video.avs file onto that virtualdub window to run the script.

Also be sure that if running ffdshow, that ffdshows' VFW codec configuration, has H.264 enabled to libavcodec within the Decoder\codecs option.
Can I ask some questions? I had opened Notepad and then typed DirectShowSource("DirectShowSource(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AviSynth 2.5"). After I dragged the video.avs file in the virtualdub window to run the script I get this error.

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: there is no function named "DirectShowSource"
(C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\VirtualDub-1.8\video.avs, line 1)

Another question, where can I find the Decoder\codecs option? Sorry for being so noob.
Old 2008-06-26, 07:22   Link #703
Nagato
幻想郷

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Can I ask some questions? I had opened Notepad and then typed DirectShowSource("DirectShowSource(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AviSynth 2.5"). After I dragged the video.avs file in the virtualdub window to run the script I get this error.

Avisynth open failure:

Another question, where can I find the Decoder\codecs option? Sorry for being so noob.
Read again the post you quoted. It's DirectShowSource("C:\location to file\filename with extention")
You are using wrong syntax, and not directshowsourcing a (video) file at all.

For codecs settings -> "Also be sure that if running ffdshow, that ffdshows' VFW codec configuration,..."
Start->all programs -> ffdshow -> vfw configuration, for example.
Old 2008-06-26, 07:54   Link #704
Photonbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato View Post
Read again the post you quoted. It's DirectShowSource("C:\location to file\filename with extention")
You are using wrong syntax, and not directshowsourcing a (video) file at all.

For codecs settings -> "Also be sure that if running ffdshow, that ffdshows' VFW codec configuration,..."
Start->all programs -> ffdshow -> vfw configuration, for example.
I typed it wrong here sorry.

DirectShowSource(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AviSynth 2.5")

This is what I wrote in there and I got this error.

Avisynth open failure:

Another question. When I open Start->Programs->List of programs here, all the text which should be visible (the text of the programs listed) is color black and all I can see are the icons of the programs. Help please
Old 2008-06-27, 02:12   Link #705
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

Syntax problem. Nagato is right.
Have an example:
DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Litxita\Escritorio\Tengen_Toppa_Gurren-Lagann_23_V2_BySilver.mp4")
lol spanish

Are you sure you typed something like this? Because from what I see, and it is obvious, you put AviSynth 2.5 as the video file. Check that.

And if is not that, what kind of file are you trying to open? I got that error while back, and it was because the file had the extention missing in the original video.
if it is a youtube video, it's normal to happen, just add the extention .flv and it should fix.
Usami Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:47   Link #706
Photonbeam

I tried typing this one in the Notepad and dragged the video.avs file in the VirtualDub window

DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\Background Musics, Anime Opening and Ending Themes\Brand New World.mp4")

and still got this error.

Avisynth open failure:
(C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\video.avs, line 1)
Old 2008-06-27, 05:18   Link #707
Nagato
幻想郷

^Like stated in Green²'s post, make sure you have the codecs configured.

>>Another question. When I open Start->Programs->List of programs here, all the text which should be visible (the text of the programs listed) is color black and all I can see are the icons of the programs. Help please

Perhaps you messed up the settings or worse got virus, etc on your system.
For ffdshow vfw configuration you can also access it from virtualdub.
Open virtualdub ->video ->compression ->ffdshow video codec ->configure
Old 2008-06-28, 10:11   Link #708
Green²
It's Magic

Quote:
I tried typing this one in the Notepad and dragged the video.avs file in the VirtualDub window

DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\Background Musics, Anime Opening and Ending Themes\Brand New World.mp4")

and still got this error.

Avisynth open failure:
(C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\video.avs, line 1)
Is the file, DirectShowSource.dll, listed within AviSynth's plugins directory? (Usually located at C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\)

If not there, but is found somewhere else, one could probably try procedure:

LoadPlugin("Path of where the DirectShowSource.dll file is located*")

Now open virtualdub, and drag that video.avs file onto that virtualdub window to run the script.
Should the DirectShowSource.dll file be nowhere to be found on the computer, you likely will need to reinstall the AviSynth program.

Other resources:
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/FAQ_common_errors

*This part you must Barack Obama.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 00:46   Link #709
Photonbeam

Quote:
Is the file, DirectShowSource.dll, listed within AviSynth's plugins directory? (Usually located at C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\)

If not there, but is found somewhere else, one could probably try procedure:

LoadPlugin("Path of where the DirectShowSource.dll file is located*")

Should the DirectShowSource.dll file be nowhere to be found on the computer, you likely will need to reinstall the AviSynth program.

Other resources:
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/FAQ_common_errors

*This part you must Barack Obama.

I tried what you wrote and this is what I got.

Spoiler for This is what I wrote in Notepad.:

And got this error.

Spoiler for The error I got.:

And please can I ask for you to check if I got the correct decoder options.

Spoiler for Decoder Options:
Old 2008-06-29, 02:41   Link #710
Green²
It's Magic

Quote:
I tried what you wrote and this is what I got.

Spoiler for This is what I wrote in Notepad.:

And got this error.

Spoiler for The error I got.:

And please can I ask for you to check if I got the correct decoder options.

Spoiler for Decoder Options:
Try:

LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll")
DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\Background Musics, Anime Opening and Ending Themes\Bleach - Episode 28 - Ending (11th Squad).wmv")

Also, it is likely you will not have to mess with any encoder codec options there to load the video. However, you may want to make sure to use only one AviSynth program. If AviSynth is already installed and registered somewhere else on your computer, untick AviSynth in the ffdshow video encoder properties (Also untick AviSynth in the ffdshow video decoder properties window.), should that be a result of the program conflict.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 04:23   Link #711
Photonbeam

Quote:
Try:

LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll")
DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\JASON YUP\Desktop\Background Musics, Anime Opening and Ending Themes\Bleach - Episode 28 - Ending (11th Squad).wmv")

Also, it is likely you will not have to mess with any encoder codec options there to load the video. However, you may want to make sure to use only one AviSynth program. If AviSynth is already installed and registered somewhere else on your computer, untick AviSynth in the ffdshow video encoder properties (Also untick AviSynth in the ffdshow video decoder properties window.), should that be a result of the program conflict.
Man that worked! Thank you so much.
Old 2008-07-10, 15:40   Link #712
alamarco
Why hello there!

Does anyone have any tips on how to optimize that? I already removed every other frame, but the file size is still 200+ KB. I even tried color options, I don't know what else to do.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:42   Link #713
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Sig/Avatar tutorials by the makers [Index in First Post]
I put a optimizing check list there. (see: Section B.)

But please realise this world has physical limitations.
In the end, reducing it's lenght may be the best thing you can do.
Old 2008-07-11, 14:19   Link #714
alamarco
Why hello there!

Thanks for the link, I'll check out it. Also thanks for the tip .

edit: If you don't mind, do you know a good frame approximation? For example, how many frames will produce good results? I know there's no definite answer, but more or less just looking for an approximation on what to expect.

For my first try I'll say not bad, but definitely not the greatest. You can see the colour quality isn't the greatest. I'll try fooling around later with a different sequence later. Practise makes perfect is what they say .

Last edited by alamarco; 2008-07-11 at 16:03. Reason: Added result
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 01:34   Link #715
G.o.S
~desu♥

Quote:
Install Avisynth.

Avisynth code:

DirectShowSource("C:\location to file\filename with extention")

Example:

DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Video Old\[Arienai_-_Conclave]_Ginban_Kaleidoscope_-_04_[H264_-_AAC][7DCB1A58].mp4")

Also be sure that if running ffdshow, that ffdshows' VFW codec configuration, has H.264 enabled to libavcodec within the Decoder\codecs option.
I did exactly like the instruction said and got this error

Can somebody help me with this, please
edit:
A ha, it's working! Just need to use the ANSI encoding, why did I even use unicode, silly me

Last edited by G.o.S; 2008-07-17 at 15:16.
G.o.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 13:07   Link #716
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Framing an avatar in the GIMP

I've made avatars for a couple of years now using the GIMP and always envied those frames some people used. Here's an example:

compared to

Well after a little friendly nagging from The Chaos, I decided to figure out how to add a frame in the GIMP, my one and only method of editing graphics. It's actually quite easy to do.

The following steps assume you've created the avatar to your liking and now want to add a frame. The image must be no larger than 96x96 pixels since the framing technique below will add four pixels to each dimension.

1) Open the file you wish to frame, then select Filters > Decor > Add Border.

2) The avatar above actually has two frames, each one pixel in width. There's a white frame nested inside the black one. To use this type of framing:
a) Set the Border X Size and Border Y Size to 1 and the Border Color to white; ignore the "delta" item. Then click OK to add the frame.
b) Repeat this process after setting Border Color to black. You'll have a nested frame.

3) If the avatar is animated, you need to merge the frames into the background. Press Ctrl-L to open the layers dialog; you'll see the border frames at the top. Use the down arrow in the toolbar at the bottom of the Layers window to move the two frames to a position just above the Background. Then right-click on the top-most border frame and pick Merge Down. Repeating this process will merge the borders into the background. If you don't do this, the borders will not remain on screen during the animation but will flash in and out (there's an example of this problem on the current version of this page).

4) Have fun!

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-08-02 at 07:09. Reason: warning about initial dimensions being 96x96 or less
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 13:47   Link #717
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I've added your tutorial to the index.

I just want to point out you can also find GIMP tutorials there, besides the usual PS ones.
Like for example one of the many tutorials writen by Greeny: Borders in Gimp
Old 2008-07-21, 14:31   Link #718
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks, Cats!

You might want to delete the reference in (3) to the avatar with flashing borders in the tutorial version since the reference won't make sense out of context.
Old 2008-07-22, 04:14   Link #719
nawal

every file i load to this gets an error , codec error prop , but i have most codec's installed

"could not locate decompressor for format xxxx"
nawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 14:18   Link #720
natearistata

Hello all. I recently started browsing the avatars and such on this forum, and decided I should learn how to make them myself.

I followed Green's instructions using Gimp, but the avatar I made is fairly choppy and doesn't move as fast as the video/most of the other avatars I see around here. How would I go about fixing that? Any help would be very appreciated.
natearistata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated gifs, graphics, tutorial