AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-21, 15:41   Link #261
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Michael doesn't know for a fact, that's why he went and took the pill. It's just a suspicion at this point. That's why I'm hoping he didn't lose the pill and can have it tested out. He does need solid evidence before he can make such a strong accusation. But for the viewers who know more than him (like the fact that Grace has deemed Sheryl a failure to be tossed aside and has already made an attempt on her life), it's really easy to come to the conclusion that the pill is certainly NOT medicine.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 16:08   Link #262
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Why would he be suspicious, aside from the name?
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 16:48   Link #263
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Why would he be suspicious, aside from the name?
For all we know, he may know more then he's letting on about Grace. Giving him a reason to be on edge around her, and what she does.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 18:35   Link #264
Tabris
Alice or Athena...Oooh.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 25
It's what you get for trying drugs which aren't FDA approved.
__________________

Gate of Neo-Venezia.
Someone buy me a Good Smile Alicia Florence :3
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 18:46   Link #265
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Why would he be suspicious, aside from the name?

Other than psychologically screwing him around messing his sniping perfect score?

Nearly getting his comrades killed.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 19:00   Link #266
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Other than psychologically screwing him around messing his sniping perfect score?

Nearly getting his comrades killed.
She offered condolenaces and regret, oddly enough, for what happened to his sister. Hardly a dastardly thing to do, especially since it basically admits she's an unusally informed person.

The only thing he has to be suspicious of now is the fact Bresra "saved" her, and Bresra's past conduct, along with whatever significance the pills have to him.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 19:16   Link #267
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
The only thing he has to be suspicious of now is the fact Bresra "saved" her, and Bresra's past conduct, along with whatever significance the pills have to him.
Sheryl was right as rain after not taking the pill...

And, maybe it's just me, but the whole Vajra liftoff and planet blowing up thing would (you would think) probably raise some red flags...
stray is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 19:50   Link #268
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Don't people find suspicious on how Ranka's live @ Forma was "conveniently" given to the media? Or how there was no cut off in the beginning? And that it was right after the battle in Ep. 14? Makes you wonder who was recording Ranka at that time. I say it was the chain of vending machine who's been stalking Ranka.
Sleepy100 is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 22:36   Link #269
ApostleOfGod
^.^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Someone tell me quick. Before I get more confused as the series goes on.

What does Protoculture and Deculture mean?
__________________
There are two ways to live life.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 22:39   Link #270
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
*Gasp!?*

Hehe.

Deculture is a term ranging from pure awesomeness or knee deep in shit depending on the context.

Protoculture is the half-million old civilization that fostered nearly everything in the Macross world.

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-21, 22:52   Link #271
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Someone tell me quick. Before I get more confused as the series goes on.

What does Protoculture and Deculture mean?
The Protoculture is the race that started it's Stellar Republic 500,000 years ago.

The republic ended in civil war with two factions.

As the war escalated they created the Zentradi as their warriors as to not stain their own hands.

But it started to become obvious they as a race will end up in extinction as the war escalated.

So the Protoculture started to geneticly seed worlds like Earth and Zola. Using viruses to mold native life to resemble themselves.

Making the Protoculture the ancestors of Humans, Zentradi, Zolans and any other miclone races out there.

The final nail to the Protoculture's existence came with the appearance of the Protodevlin and their Supervision Army, composed of brainwashed Protoculture and Zentradi.

The Protodevlin inhabited what is perhaps the most powerful weapons the Protoculture created , the Evil series biological weapons. The Protodevlin in order to exist needs Spiritia or life energy. The Protodevlin were too gloutonous and almost all life was wiped out.

The last of the Protoculture used Anima Spiritia to seal the Protodevlin, saving all life in the Galaxy.

It is generally believed the Proticulture are extinct.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 02:03   Link #272
mike_s_6
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
And... "Deculture!" is an expression of being surprised.
mike_s_6 is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 02:56   Link #273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Don't people find suspicious on how Ranka's live @ Forma was "conveniently" given to the media? Or how there was no cut off in the beginning? And that it was right after the battle in Ep. 14? Makes you wonder who was recording Ranka at that time. I say it was the chain of vending machine who's been stalking Ranka.
Or anyone with a phone. Or the mall's own security cameras. What's surprising is the quality of the recording, but hey, science fiction.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 04:46   Link #274
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or anyone with a phone. Or the mall's own security cameras. What's surprising is the quality of the recording, but hey, science fiction.
Actually since Sheryl was in the mall with Alto as Ranka did her number it's very possible that Grace was following at a safe distance observing and so caught Ranka's performance. Being a cyborg she simply recorded the event as we know she already can do.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 05:24   Link #275
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
General heroism, I guess. He saved two songstresses in one battle. It's vaguely possible he now outranks Luca. I don't remember about Michel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post


I really don't understand why they were make Alto 2nd LT and keep Michael at the same rank. Michael has so much more experience than Alto which should add up to at least 1st LT one would think. Seniority over Skill. Also I believe Ozma is in charge of everything flight oriented. He's above Klan Klan as far as ranking goes. If he kicks the bucket then I see Klan Klan being in charge of all flight operations and it's possible that Alto gets put in charge of the Skull Squadron but I would rather see Michael in that role. However it's an anime and so logic doesn't always come into decision making.
Sorry, but my opinion differs from you people in how Alto got promoted. From the way I heard it, it seems that Alto has the ability to recognize danger in multiple forms. He reported that the unknown purple unit on Galia 4 was the same one that rescued Ranka and was suspiciously hanging around Frontier. Intel discern that what Alto said was true, and that Alto has spotted a potential threat to Frontier. For that, Alto was promoted. (I believe that recognizing potential threats to a squad is a major must skill for squad leaders. Otherwise the squad could walk into a trap.) Plus his superb piloting abilities already drew a lot of attention. Both in and out of Frontier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Actually since Sheryl was in the mall with Alto as Ranka did her number it's very possible that Grace was following at a safe distance observing and so caught Ranka's performance. Being a cyborg she simply recorded the event as we know she already can do.
But Grace at that time, didn't see Ranka's ability as Q1 yet. She probably just dismissed her. And it doesn't explain how Leon kept tabs on Ranka and have footage of Ranka walking around before meeting Grace.
Sleepy100 is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 05:39   Link #276
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Sorry, but my opinion differs from you people in how Alto got promoted. From the way I heard it, it seems that Alto has the ability to recognize danger in multiple forms. He reported that the unknown purple unit on Galia 4 was the same one that rescued Ranka and was suspiciously hanging around Frontier. Intel discern that what Alto said was true, and that Alto has spotted a potential threat to Frontier. For that, Alto was promoted. (I believe that recognizing potential threats to a squad is a major must skill for squad leaders. Otherwise the squad could walk into a trap.) Plus his superb piloting abilities already drew a lot of attention. Both in and out of Frontier.
He got promoted because he keeps on getting shot at by the same type of fighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Actually since Sheryl was in the mall with Alto as Ranka did her number it's very possible that Grace was following at a safe distance observing and so caught Ranka's performance. Being a cyborg she simply recorded the event as we know she already can do.
Simple answer. Mall security caught it, and instead of erasing the footage as would probably be standard procedure, they kept a copy because Ranka was just that cute.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 05:54   Link #277
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
Quote:
He got promoted because he keeps on getting shot at by the same type of fighter?
[NONSENSE]
lolz. at least Ozma didn't have to die in order for Hikaru errr Alto's promotion.

Ozma, Cathy and the Cylons was also wondering about it also. Since they are working for a private army, Pilard/Bilrer/Densha Otaku has the last say about promotions. It could just be on Birlers whim. Maybe Birler is also a d-addict. He might be interested on his relationship with the diva's? Maybe he wanted to be friends with him so that Alto will introduce him to Sheryl and Ranka? Maybe he wanted to build a separate team a-la Sound Force(2?)., he might have developed a crush on Alto?

Though Im not sure if Alto's ranking will hold any value to NUNS military ranking since there is not enough data. Though michael once said that once you joined SMS and died, The government will not give you a proper(?) burial/recognition.

Quote:
Actually since Sheryl was in the mall with Alto as Ranka did her number it's very possible that Grace was following at a safe distance observing and so caught Ranka's performance. Being a cyborg she simply recorded the event as we know she already can do.
^^ Or maybe some lolicon otaku took the video and uploded it on youtube or seeded it on piratebay.
[/NONSENSE]

.....but come on guys,seriously. it was pretty obviously the footages were recycled to save time and workload for the animators.

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-07-22 at 06:36.
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 06:20   Link #278
pkang0327
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
He got promoted because he keeps on getting shot at by the same type of fighter?
I think in order to be a figher pilot in SMS, you need to be of a certain minimum rank. Although Michel is older and has more experience than Alto, we don't know how much longer Michel has been in the SMS. Prior to the Vajra, SMS was mainly flight testing. Why would Michel get promoted for shooting rocks all day?

My guess is Michel and Luca have only been in SMS less than a year. Judging by their age, it wouldn't make sense for them to have been pilots for any longer than that.

Frankly, in the episodes we've seen, Alto has done quite a number of acts worthy of promotion. Hikaru Ichijo got promoted when he rescued Misa Hayase on Mars Base Sara. Alto probably got promoted ahead of Michel when he rescued Luca from the Vajira.
pkang0327 is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 06:42   Link #279
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkang0327 View Post
Frankly, in the episodes we've seen, Alto has done quite a number of acts worthy of promotion. Hikaru Ichijo got promoted when he rescued Misa Hayase on Mars Base Sara. Alto probably got promoted ahead of Michel when he rescued Luca from the Vajira.
Hikaru was awarded a medal for rescuing Misa, and the circumstances required a new squad leader. Making Hikaru a squadleader would, theoritcally, save new pilots as they'd have the benefit of his experience for whatever it was worth. Alto's new rank just seems to be a title though with an implied pay raise.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-22, 06:42   Link #280
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Hmm, I'm beginning to think the unexpected attack on Galaxy was caused by "What 'bout My Star@folmo" being picked up by Sheryl's earrings, which have been shown to resonate with the other crystals inside the Vajra even across light years. Hearing the song reactivated the "dead" Vajra specimen on Frontier, and might have done so to any specimens in the keeping of our mysterious conspirators on Galaxy, which began to run amok.

The earrings visibly react again this episode while the song is broadcast again on tv.
glyph is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.