AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-15, 15:34   Link #1
Jadeiry
Inactive Member

Send a message via MSN to Jadeiry Send a message via Yahoo to Jadeiry
Unhappy I Really Need To Know Something!!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] im realli sorry to bother all of you but why is it when my dl and upload reaches 99% the dl just goes to zero and never reconnects but the upload keeps on going very very slowly but some episodes of Tenshi na Konamaiki are just fine?
Jadeiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 15:39   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeiry
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] im realli sorry to bother all of you but why is it when my dl and upload reaches 99% the dl just goes to zero and never reconnects but the upload keeps on going very very slowly but some episodes of Tenshi na Konamaiki are just fine?
Maybe there are no seeds connected to the tracker?
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 15:51   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Before I answer your question; a few hints.
  1. Please read the forum titles
    The forum area you choose to post your question in has nothing to do with your actual question. Downloading Help is where your question should have been posted. I've moved the thread for you.
  2. Try not to use excessive formatting.
    I'm thinking you were trying to use font size 7, but got the codes a little wrong -- luckily. Making your font REALLY big only serves to annoy people; and while it isn't against the rules and no one is going to stop you making posts like that, it might have a detrimental effect on how willing people are to help you... Just a thought.
    (I know, I know -- I'm one to talk, as I like nice formatting, but I mean... big fonts is a little OTT, yes?
Ok, as for your actual problem. If I read right, you don't actually have a problem. What you are describing is exactly how Bit Torrent is supposed to work. Once the download completes the upload continues until you press the close button (or similar). You do, however, mention 99% which makes me wonder if you are downloading a torrent that has no seeds (or no complete copies of the file among those downloading). You might want to check to see how many seed are present. If there are none, post in the Resharing Requests forum to ask if someone will be kind enough to seed it for you. That or just wait until someone sees it needs seeding. As you suggested, at 99% most of the file is playable, so you can probably watch it as is... you'll see a few glitches though.

Oh yeah, you might want to try Flash_Squirrel's BitTorrent Step-By-Step thread for more in-depth info .
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 17:18   Link #4
Akiace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeiry
I think this problem sometimes occur even when there are seeds. Just yesterday I was downloading this new episode and was enjoying a good 150kB/sec with 7 seeds but when I reached 99.9%, the speed just dropped to 0kB/sec and then all the seeds just disappeared while the leechers are still around and I ended up just uploading and waiting for the last 1MB in vain. I tried opening the file but can't get it to play, so I have to restart BT and only after a few tries do I finally get the last few MBs.
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 15:50   Link #5
mard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
I think this problem sometimes occur even when there are seeds. Just yesterday I was downloading this new episode and was enjoying a good 150kB/sec with 7 seeds but when I reached 99.9%, the speed just dropped to 0kB/sec and then all the seeds just disappeared while the leechers are still around and I ended up just uploading and waiting for the last 1MB in vain. I tried opening the file but can't get it to play, so I have to restart BT and only after a few tries do I finally get the last few MBs.
I've had this same problem with nearly every torrent I do. The torrent will run beautifully (most recent example stayed above 100kb/sec the entire time) until it gets to the very last piece, then it'll repeatedly fail the hash check for HOURS until it eventually accepts it. The current torrent I'm on took about 12 hours to DL 5.4GB, and has now spent another 6 hours downloading the last piece over and over again....932 failed hash checks on it so far.

I found this question in a BT FAQ that accurately describes my problem, but it remains unanswered there ;_; This is not the first time this has happened to me (it'll happen probably half of the time on large batch torrents).

http://wiki.theory.org/index.php/BitTorrentFAQ
Quote:
Q: This has happened several times already for me. The download is at around 99.9% complete and everytime it gets close to 100%, it reports that a piece failed hash check and that it's re-downloading it. However it just keeps re-downloading that piece over and over again. How do I complete my download?
mard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 12:36   Link #6
lamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
I have noticed that this happens when you are downloading from the seeder. If you are downloading from another leecher everything goes fine. I QUESS that there are lost packets in the way, which never reached you, but seeder thinks that you have already get them because them were seeded for you. Seeder just disconnect you and you never get the last part. I don't know if there is that kind of bug in bittorrent code, but this was my best quess.
lamer is offline   Reply With Quote