AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-20, 08:24   Link #81
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Blatant advertising for Macross
Radd, please. He's entitled to his own opinion. Also, perhaps by "Macross" he meant the ORIGINAL.
boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2004-04-20, 17:29   Link #82
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Radd, please. He's entitled to his own opinion. Also, perhaps by "Macross" he meant the ORIGINAL.

I was trying to make a point that it seems you missed. I picked his post because I know a thing or two about Macross, and can make an educated guess as to why a person would or would not like the show, but his post could be replaced with any post where someone says something along the lines of:

"I hate this show!"

"This show is the best ever!"
Radd is offline  
Old 2004-04-21, 22:04   Link #83
The_Dreamer
One of those days
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Send a message via AIM to The_Dreamer
I had a few friends that raved about Fushigi Yuugi. I borrowed it from one of them later and found I really really disliked it. I found the characters so annoying...I gave up watching it mid-way through the series.
The_Dreamer is offline  
Old 2004-04-21, 22:23   Link #84
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
I was trying to make a point that it seems you missed. I picked his post because I know a thing or two about Macross, and can make an educated guess as to why a person would or would not like the show, but his post could be replaced with any post where someone says something along the lines of:

"I hate this show!"

"This show is the best ever!"
I think it's a bit different, actually. Anime such as Macross and Gundam are really more like a whole genre. For instance, if someone doesn't like the whole giant-robot type of anime, couldn't he just say he doesn't like Gundam and be done with it? Then again, SOMEONE is bound to make a stink about him saying that too, completely oblivious to other people's anime preferences.
boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2004-04-21, 22:44   Link #85
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I personally don't like DBZ,
Quote:
-Please refrain from flaming-

ROFLMAO I'll just say then: Congrat!!! You are now a real Otaku

pffff... seriously, aaaah f*ck it.
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 00:00   Link #86
Liquidus
╞╩╗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
ROFLMAO I'll just say then: Congrat!!! You are now a real Otaku

pffff... seriously, aaaah f*ck it.
Off topic...
Liquidus is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 12:12   Link #87
Joe Dalton
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I dont hate naruto... Just dont think its as good as allot of people say =/
What I do hate intensly are the fanboys... For instance when people complain about this anime and then with the latest few eps they are all happy again... ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS A FIGHT!!!!... No story or plot just an asskicking and they claim they watch it because of its great story and background (some do at least some just admit they like it cause of the fights)
Dunno that just anoys me... Personaly I watch it because its beginning was pretty cool... Had high hopes after the opening story arc... Hell the death of Haku was so touching I was all watery but after that I have not really enjoyed it all that much (except rock lee's story that was also nice).
So I dont really dislike it just dont think its good enough 2 deserve its fanbase.
Dont know any other animes I dislike... Usualy I am pretty lucky with animes I pick...
__________________
Joe Dalton is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 16:31   Link #88
SoulDrinker
wandering soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: toronto,ont
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to SoulDrinker
where to start, i hate vampire hunter d i dont get whats so great about it the hand thing pisses me off.of course db dbz dbgt along with yugioh and most other main stream crap. rare that theirs something good like escaflowne and inu yasha.
guess this just proves that people are slaves to fads
__________________
The Fate Of Destrution Is Also The Joy Of Rebirth
SoulDrinker is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 16:43   Link #89
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I think it's a bit different, actually. Anime such as Macross and Gundam are really more like a whole genre. For instance, if someone doesn't like the whole giant-robot type of anime, couldn't he just say he doesn't like Gundam and be done with it? Then again, SOMEONE is bound to make a stink about him saying that too, completely oblivious to other people's anime preferences.

Well, you'd be wrong to think that way as it's very possible to like some giant robot anime, and dislike others. Me personally, I dislike most Gundam. I think UC Gundam is Gundam at it's best, but I'll still take shows like Macross over it for various reasons. I can't stand Gundam Wing, it's one of the few shows I have an active dislike for. Then there's shows like Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, Patlabor, and many others, with a variety of different styles and flavours.

In fact, unless you're in the minority that will like any giant robot anime simply because it has a giant robot in it, you're bound not to like a good many of the giant robot shows out there.

Now, I tend to see threads like this as a great concept (often executed poorly) for introducing people to new anime. Of course, just listing anime doesn't help for that. I could go to the animesuki frontpage and it will do that for me. However, if you know what you like, and someone describes a show that sounds like something you'd like, you can go check it out with a reasonably educated guess that you will like it. Even with this thread's specific theme, if someone describes why they dislike a show, someone might see that and go, "Wait, I like all that stuff in my anime, maybe I'll like this show!" Or, as in 'What anime is your mostest favourite?!?!' threads, pass on those shows that don't seem to be their cup of tea.

However, if I am wrong and these threads really are just for listing J-random anime, then call a moderator over here quick, they'll be wanting to lock this thread and any others like it, because they themselves will tell you that they don't like pointless threads popping up.
Radd is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 16:46   Link #90
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
Ahem... uh the name of this thread is not 'what you hate' thread but "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like? "... if everyone hates dbz, then you cant put it here...cmon ppl use your brains. (sheesh)
That and the fact that people don't seem to put much effort into their justifications is why threads like this are... what they are...

I can't honestly name a single series that I didn't find at least a couple of people to either hate or like regardless of my position. Love Hina, though, is only listed by Grifis in this thread and then there is another person I know who also hates it. I think the OP and ED songs are some of Megumi's best songs ever - but I have no use for:

a) Keitaro - lowly and downtrodden. Creepy. Unlikable.
b) character designs - those girls are so not cute in the anime.
c) the turtles.
d) the romance, tiny flecks of which finally seem to show up in
e) the sequels, which don't advance the story but feature lots of lame
f) image songs...
__________________
babbito2k is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 17:17   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I can't honestly name a single series that I didn't find at least a couple of people to either hate or like regardless of my position.
What about Nadesico? I know nothing is 100%, but in Nadesico's case that may be the fact. Disliked by everyone. It is just hard to imagine that if anyone could tolerate this 20+ episodes show, let alone liked it.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2004-04-22, 17:32   Link #92
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
What about Nadesico? I know nothing is 100%, but in Nadesico's case that may be the fact. Disliked by everyone. It is just hard to imagine that if anyone could tolerate this 20+ episodes show, let alone liked it.
Well see, now you know of me and the guy I know who also hates Love Hina - it's his favorite series of all, and I fell in love with it too. It had some very nice SF in it, did a very good job with the large cast and the Gekiganger show-within-a-show is amazing. I have watched it at least twice through.
__________________
babbito2k is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 09:10   Link #93
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Well, you'd be wrong to think that way as it's very possible to like some giant robot anime, and dislike others. Me personally, I dislike most Gundam. I think UC Gundam is Gundam at it's best, but I'll still take shows like Macross over it for various reasons. I can't stand Gundam Wing, it's one of the few shows I have an active dislike for. Then there's shows like Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, Patlabor, and many others, with a variety of different styles and flavours.
*whoosh* Did you hear that? It's the sound of my entire post going over your head. Of course, it's entirely possible that you were replying to a completely different post and mistakenly quoted MY message, but I'm going to take the benefit of the doubt and leave here as quickly as possible.
boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 10:42   Link #94
LuciaMelody
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Atlantic Ocean
Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Full Metal Panic. Everyone was saying such a nice things about it and I watched an episode of it and really did not like it. ><
LuciaMelody is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 11:23   Link #95
Joe Dalton
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
well... Do you think maybe watching 1 ep might not be enough 2 say anything about it?
__________________
Joe Dalton is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 13:25   Link #96
LuciaMelody
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Atlantic Ocean
Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Oh it was enough. It was an episode where the guy looked like he was about to violate her (blue haired girl) or stmh, and then the nurses with super-large breasts >_< eeek.
LuciaMelody is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 16:10   Link #97
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMelody
Full Metal Panic. Everyone was saying such a nice things about it and I watched an episode of it and really did not like it. ><

Yeah watching a random ep of an anime is a good basis for an opinion
DekaMaster is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 16:26   Link #98
Joe Dalton
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Now usualy having your own opinion is a good thing... In your case I would take the opinion of others and pose them as your own...
__________________
Joe Dalton is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 16:58   Link #99
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
LuciaMelody is certainly not the topic of this thread. Why not just defend the series if that's the intent? If not, chill.

Just to mention another show, I'll pick on the cute-but-dumb Ranma 1/2 empire. I think as an adaptation of the manga it only gets "long and increasingly boring" right. Somehow the off-the-wall parodies in the manga get turned into "wacky" in the anime, and I hate "wacky." The music is a nightmare and the visuals are flat, not that the animation makes up for it.
__________________

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-23 at 18:55.
babbito2k is offline  
Old 2004-04-23, 17:04   Link #100
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
One of the anime people rated good that i thouth suked was NOIR and the Madlax seems to be a rewrite that will not be better. EVA made me throw up. after watching it i just wanted to slap that stupid frustating Hikari or something( i just can't remember names). I think that anime that always receive the best rate are the one with fan service or lot of action. I would like to ear opinion on Popotan... Oh maybe i'm not in the good topic to ask this question
Yogo_Pogo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.