AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-22, 17:50   Link #2821
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
If you listen to that part of the sound episode. All the girls said, "Nice" together. I love how they explained how all these girls seemed to know each other since in the story they have never met. Shirley's reactions were good as well.

Really I seriously want Kallen out. It's kind of boring just seeing tiny clips of her in jail. I want to see her back into the action. I will be disappointed if she escapes rather then getting busted out. It would feel like a waste of how Lelouch swore to get her back with his own hands. I know he's had his hands full. An escape would feel like a waste of such a dramatic proclamation.
no they don't. i just heard it again they say Ehhh. but yeah i agree with the rest of what you said.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:53   Link #2822
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Lol i just heard the Sounds episode. Kallens like Tsundere Lelouch lol that makes sense since KaLulu is really about role reversal.

I'll have to listen to that again but from what I remember she was more surprised than pleased about "Tsundere Lelouch". Which is not surprising considering what Nunally was talking about.


I'm personally curious about the Luciano/Kallen interaction next episode. He looks pretty annoyed and she has a really strange look on her face at one point.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:53   Link #2823
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
No it wouldn't. Kallen breaking out on her own or something similar will show that she isn't completely helpless and can actually accomplish things on her own without Lelouch holding her hand. It would be much better instead of a rescue IMO.
Second this. It would set up one of the moments where she unexpectedly rescues Lelouch then claims she got bored waiting for him to rescue her.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:55   Link #2824
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Considering how Kallen's determination will challenged. I can also see the new KOR just trying to upset/get her mad since
The article from the magazine said that "Her reunion/meeting with Nunnally and Suzaku will challenge her determination", so I don't see how this new KoR would enter the picture there... <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:56   Link #2825
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The article from the magazine said that "Her reunion/meeting with Nunnally and Suzaku will challenge her determination", so I don't see how this new KoR would enter the picture there... <_<.
Oh, well forget that then.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 18:47   Link #2826
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I don't see how her meeting with Nunnally challenged her, but at any time under the threat of Suzaku using Refrain on her she could of spilled and tell him about Lelouch, but she stood her ground.
Though I still think Suzaku is a freakin' moron since he could of just checked the Intelligence Agency watching Lelouch before he punched Kallen in the gut and threatened her with an illegal psychotropic drug.
He also has a twisted idea of what Lelouch does. He says he wont use the drug, because he doesn't want to be like Lelouch. The problem with that is that Lelouch wouldn't do that. The best example is with the Chinese Empress. He could of used his Geass on her and gotten just what he wanted. The same with Xingke, but he didn't. He convinced them to join and let them decide.

Let's really concider how many days has Kallen been in jail. Feels like a long time for us, because we just get snippets over weeks of a time.
Kallen was captured during the day, closer to late afternoon, of episode 10. The events of episode 11 take place within the night of the same day as episode 10. At the end of episode 11 Lelouch had returned to Japan, seeing the KoR now attend school at I would guess nearing mid day. By this time Kallen hadn't even been captured a full day yet.

In episode 12 Lelouch is still in the shock of finding Gino and Anya are in the school. So safe to assume that episode 12 is starting on the same day, after school, that we ended at on episode 11 at this time Kallen had been held a full 24 hours. Lelouch has that full schedule of dates so I believe that is how he spent the whole second day of Kallen's imprisonment. Though it's not clear if these dates started right after school got out. I just don't see how he could do so much within such a short period like that. That day ended with Milly announcing her Cupid's Day event to celebrate graduating.
The events of Cupid's day took up the rest of the day. At the end of episode 12 we see Milly is now a weather reporter. I'm assuming that is the day after she graduated. It would just seem odd for her to graduate the same day go straight to work on a TV program. After that is the events of Shirley regaining her memories.
I believe by the end of episode 12 Kallen had only been in jail for 4 days.

It's not very clear how much time has passed between end of episode 12 and the start of episode 13. Was it the morning following her return of memories or did a day pass of her noticing only she remembered Lelouch and Nunnally? My rough idea is that by the time of Shirley's death Kallen had been in jail for either 5 or 6 days.

Episode 14 opens up with Lelouch and Rolo, then there is the funeral. I think it's safe to assume there is a missing day since there was an investigation and a funeral. That could mean an additional day. Lelouch went right after the cult in that same episode and episode 15 ended within the same day episode 14 ended with. I think a rough estimate can be made that Kallen has only been held for around a single week.
This is just a rough idea of mine, but needless to say Kallen hasn't been waiting weeks on end for Lelouch.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-07-22 at 21:07.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 18:51   Link #2827
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I don't see how her meeting with Nunnally challenged her, but at any time under the threat of Suzaku using Refrain on her she could of spilled and tell him about Lelouch, but she stood her ground.
Though I still think Suzaku is a freakin' moron since he could of just checked the Intelligence Agency watching Lelouch before he punched Kallen in the gut and threatened her with an illegal psychotropic drug.
He also has a twisted idea of what Lelouch does. He says he wont use the drug, because he doesn't want to be like Lelouch. The problem with that is that Lelouch wouldn't do that. The best example is with the Chinese Empress. He could of used his Geass on her and gotten just what he wanted. The same with Xingke, but he didn't. He convinced them to join and let them decide.

Let's really concider how many days has Kallen been in jail. Feels like a long time for us, because we just get snippets over weeks of a time.
Kallen was captured during the day of episode 10. The events of episode 11 take place within the night of the same day as episode 10. At the end of episode 11 Lelouch had returned to Japan, seeing the KoR now attend school at I would guess nearing mid day. By this time Kallen hadn't even been captured a full day yet.

In episode 12 Lelouch is still in the shock of finding Gino and Anya are in the school. So safe to assume that episode 12 is starting on the same day, after school, that we ended at on episode 11 at this time Kallen had been held a full 24 hours. Lelouch has that full schedule of dates so I believe that is how he spent the whole second day of Kallen's imprisonment. Though it's not clear if these dates started right after school got out. I just don't see how he could do so much within such a short period like that. That day ended with Milly announcing her Cupid's Day event to celebrate graduating.
The events of Cupid's day took up the rest of the day. At the end of episode 12 we see Milly is now a weather reporter. I'm assuming that is the day after she graduated. It would just seem odd for her to graduate the same day go straight to work on a TV program. After that is the events of Shirley regaining her memories.
I believe by the end of episode 12 Kallen had only been in jail for 4 days.

It's not very clear how much time has passed between end of episode 12 and the start of episode 13. Was it the morning following her return of memories or did a day past of her noticing only she remembered Lelouch and Nunnally. My rough idea is that by the time of Shirley's death Kallen had been in jail for either 5 or 6 days.

Episode 14 opens up with Lelouch and Rolo, then there is the funeral. I think it's safe to assume there is a missing day since there was an investigation and a funeral. That could mean an additional day. Lelouch went right after the cult in that same episode and episode 15 ended within the same day episode 14 ended with. I think a rough estimate can be made that Kallen has only been held for around a single week.
This is just a rough idea of mine, but needless to say Kallen hasn't been waiting weeks on end for Lelouch.

nice tally up
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 19:59   Link #2828
animeboy12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I don't see how her meeting with Nunnally challenged her, but at any time under the threat of Suzaku using Refrain on her she could of spilled and tell him about Lelouch, but she stood her ground.
Though I still think Suzaku is a freakin' moron since he could of just checked the Intelligence Agency watching Lelouch before he punched Kallen in the gut and threatened her with an illegal psychotropic drug.
He also has a twisted idea of what Lelouch does. He says he wont use the drug, because he doesn't want to be like Lelouch. The problem with that is that Lelouch wouldn't do that. The best example is with the Chinese Empress. He could of used his Geass on her and gotten just what he wanted. The same with Xingke, but he didn't. He convinced them to join and let them decide.
the question is how would've the geass help the situation with Chinese Empress? She's was trapped in her palace, wasn't even allowed to pick her husband, and probably wasn't in control of the government.
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 20:07   Link #2829
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
the question is how would've the geass help the situation with Chinese Empress? She's was trapped in her palace, wasn't even allowed to pick her husband, and probably wasn't in control of the government.
I believe he means after the eunuchs were killed and when they were suggesting that Tianzi should be wed to a Japanese to solidify their alliance. Geassing her would make her compliant to their plan.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 20:13   Link #2830
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I don't see how her meeting with Nunnally challenged her, but at any time under the threat of Suzaku using Refrain on her she could of spilled and tell him about Lelouch, but she stood her ground.
Though I still think Suzaku is a freakin' moron since he could of just checked the Intelligence Agency watching Lelouch before he punched Kallen in the gut and threatened her with an illegal psychotropic drug.
He wasn't exactly in the right state of mind at the time.

Quote:
He also has a twisted idea of what Lelouch does. He says he wont use the drug, because he doesn't want to be like Lelouch. The problem with that is that Lelouch wouldn't do that. The best example is with the Chinese Empress. He could of used his Geass on her and gotten just what he wanted. The same with Xingke, but he didn't. He convinced them to join and let them decide.
You see, he doesn't know that. Right now he thinks Lelouch Geassed Euphie on purpose and caused a slaughter just to get his rebellion full support. He thinks that Lelouch will use any and all methods he can to get what he wants. Remember, he was tehre when Lelouch abducted Tianzi at GUN POINT. He doesn't know what he did or didn't do afterward. Why would Suzaku cut him any slack after what happened with Euphemia, especially when he doesn't know the full story? As he sees it, Lelouch WOULD do something like that. Sorry, try again.

I agree with your assessment of how long Kallen was caught though.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:01   Link #2831
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I believe he means after the eunuchs were killed and when they were suggesting that Tianzi should be wed to a Japanese to solidify their alliance. Geassing her would make her compliant to their plan.
I mean both actually. Once when he was trying to talk with her about his forming the United Nation of States. Rather then trying to talk her into it, he could of just used the Geass and her done with it. Xingke would follow anything if she said she wished it.
The same for after the battle when they were deciding Tainzi's fate.
I admired Lelouch wasn't leaning on that power like a crutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
He wasn't exactly in the right state of mind at the time.
That's hardly a defense for assaulting a prisoner. I was rather surprised what a weak defense Kallen put up. I was expecting a bit more then a slap. Like when she smacked down that big guy in the first episode of the season. He was twice Suzaku's size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
You see, he doesn't know that. Right now he thinks Lelouch Geassed Euphie on purpose and caused a slaughter just to get his rebellion full support. He thinks that Lelouch will use any and all methods he can to get what he wants. Remember, he was tehre when Lelouch abducted Tianzi at GUN POINT. He doesn't know what he did or didn't do afterward. Why would Suzaku cut him any slack after what happened with Euphemia, especially when he doesn't know the full story? As he sees it, Lelouch WOULD do something like that. Sorry, try again.
Well, Suzaku had a chance to question Lelouch when he was taking him to the Emperor. That must have been a long trip. It's not till after his memories are gone that he wants that answer.
Suzaku also seems to of forgotten that even though he loved Euphy that she was also Lelouch's beloved sister. Again Suzaku is so obsessed with his own point of view.
I thought about Euphy's death and I always blamed Lelouch for not trying more to help her, but then I thought about it. Killing her was probably the kindest thing he could of done. Even IF they could of cured Euphy of that Geass effect, do you think she could live with herself knowing what she had done? The people she slaughtered. Knowing that would of destroyed her.

I'm a bit surprised that Suzaku doesn't seem to hold himself at all responsible for what happened to Shirley. He was the one who was with her last. He just had to rush in and take control when he saw trouble. His first duty should of been to make sure Shirley was taken away.
Lelouch blames himself more for Shirley's death even though Rolo was the one who did it. More that he feels like he didn't do enough to keep her out of danger.

I'm interested to see what will happen with Cornelia. It's surprising he meets with her without the mask.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:02   Link #2832
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Though I still think Suzaku is a freakin' moron since he could of just checked the Intelligence Agency watching Lelouch before he punched Kallen in the gut and threatened her with an illegal psychotropic drug.
He also has a twisted idea of what Lelouch does. He says he wont use the drug, because he doesn't want to be like Lelouch. The problem with that is that Lelouch wouldn't do that. The best example is with the Chinese Empress. He could of used his Geass on her and gotten just what he wanted. The same with Xingke, but he didn't. He convinced them to join and let them decide.
I think that the Lelouch from season 1 probably would have. Lelouch in season 2 has exhibited an increase in his humanity; he's become much more sensitive, he genuinely cares for the people around him, he's a bit less cold. In season 1 Lelouch was purely a chess master, not really caring whether anyone except for Nanali was removed from him.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:06   Link #2833
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Lelouch from season 1 would never had needed to. Lelouch has his Geass for all the questioning, a fairly harmless way to go about it. Even without it, however, season 1 Lelouch did not show a willingness to torture people. Kill them, most assuredly so, but it's war and that's part of the game.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:08   Link #2834
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
That's hardly a defense for assaulting a prisoner. I was rather surprised what a weak defense Kallen put up. I was expecting a bit more then a slap. Like when she smacked down that big guy in the first episode of the season. He was twice Suzaku's size.
Um, he was pissed off? If he went through with it, you would have something, but he didn't. The fact still remains though, he wasn't in the right state of mind.
Quote:
Well, Suzaku had a chance to question Lelouch when he was taking him to the Emperor. That must have been a long trip. It's not till after his memories are gone that he wants that answer.
He tried that. Know what Lelouch said "It is all in the past!" Then he brings up that Suzaku killed his father too (because THAT is the smart thing to say to someone who is already that upset.) It then got him a kick in the face. Lelouch's statement there can easily point to what Suzaku thought in the first place. Lelouch did it on purpose.

Quote:
Suzaku also seems to of forgotten that even though he loved Euphy that she was also Lelouch's beloved sister. Again Suzaku is so obsessed with his own point of view.
Yeah? And now he doesn't put it past Lelouch to kill his own flesh and blood. Especially since to him, Lelouch did it on purpose. Which destroys your whole point completely.

Quote:
I thought about Euphy's death and I always blamed Lelouch for not trying more to help her, but then I thought about it. Killing her was probably the kindest thing he could of done. Even IF they could of cured Euphy of that Geass effect, do you think she could live with herself knowing what she had done? The people she slaughtered. Knowing that would of destroyed her.
The fact is it shouldn't have happened at all. Lelouch was too bust stroking his ego and gloating. If he just shut the fuck up, none of that would have happened.

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised that Suzaku doesn't seem to hold himself at all responsible for what happened to Shirley. He was the one who was with her last. He just had to rush in and take control when he saw trouble. His first duty should of been to make sure Shirley was taken away.
His first duty is to help everyone, not just one person. He left her in the care of two cops. How was he supposed to know they were the most incompetent cops of all time?

Quote:
Lelouch blames himself more for Shirley's death even though Rolo was the one who did it. More that he feels like he didn't do enough to keep her out of danger.
He doesn't blame himself. The only things he have blamed on that are Rolo and the Cult.

Quote:
I'm interested to see what will happen with Cornelia. It's surprising he meets with her without the mask.
She already knows who Zero is. Remember at the end of Season 1?
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:13   Link #2835
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
But Cornelia doesn't remember it.
__________________

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:16   Link #2836
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Sure she does, he spoke to her for a fairly long time before Geassing her. Villetta remembered Lelouch's face from her Knightmare screen.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:17   Link #2837
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovensky View Post
But Cornelia doesn't remember it.
Why wouldn't she? Lelouch didn't tell her to forget who he was... She may have still remembered.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:27   Link #2838
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
She told tho whoever asked her after that she didn't remember it. I'd have to re-watch the ep to remember it accurately.
__________________

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:30   Link #2839
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovensky View Post
She told tho whoever asked her after that she didn't remember it. I'd have to re-watch the ep to remember it accurately.
No, she told Suzaku that Zero was going to Kaminejima and that she doesn't remember much else. Of course, in that condition, that should be understandable. After regaining herself, she may have remembered it was Lelouch.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 21:47   Link #2840
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
He doesn't blame himself. The only things he have blamed on that are Rolo and the Cult.
Those he has blamed in public, you mean. He also needed something to lash out at, which included Rolo as he was in fact the direct cause of her death.

But honestly, I would think Lelouch also blames himself, it's just that he doesn't want to admit it out loud.

If the subject comes up again, even briefly, he may have to openly do so.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.