AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-22, 14:49   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
And how does striving for recognition translate to yelling at a little kid and jumping into Haku's Ice Prison?
He jumped into the Ice Prison because he was attempting a Heroic Rescue. It wasn't until afterwards that he bothered to think about how stupid that was. It was all about striving for recognition.

As for yelling at the kid, that actually turned out to be the right response. Once he figured out that Naruto was like himself, it helped the kid to stop feeling sorry for himself.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:51   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Don't you remember the rules of the Cobra Kai?

NO MERCY!

And how does striving for recognition translate to yelling at a little kid and jumping into Haku's Ice Prison?
Such bitterness! He can afford to be baka because a whole show is named after him. But I have to agree that the show should have been called Shikamaru. Then there would have been atleast one episode title which would have read, Shika the Cloud Watcher.
Old 2004-04-22, 15:31   Link #23
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
He jumped into the Ice Prison because he was attempting a Heroic Rescue. It wasn't until afterwards that he bothered to think about how stupid that was. It was all about striving for recognition.

As for yelling at the kid, that actually turned out to be the right response. Once he figured out that Naruto was like himself, it helped the kid to stop feeling sorry for himself.
I don't think that was really "striving for recognition", it was just raw stupidity. His striving for recognition bits were saving the kid and his mom from the swordsmen who just loved cutting stuff up, and then the pseudo dynamic entry.

Walking into a prison cell to get your friend out while the people watching the prison are still there is going above and beyond the realm of normal person stupidity. He must have had access to Kyuubi chakra at this point to allow for this to happen.

Yelling at the kid turned out to be the right thing, but Naruto was just yelling at him because the kid was pissing him off...the way Naruto yells at everyone.

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:45   Link #24
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

It's a combination of both. Naruto is both obnoxious and striving for recognition. Telling everyone you face off that you will definately kick their ass in obnoxious to me.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:57   Link #25
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

As time goes on Naruto will begin to gain the ability yo controll more and more of the 9 tails chakra. As you have seen in ep 16/17 when he is using that chakra he is pretty much unstopable.

Later in the series he starts gaining more ability to call on that chakra at willl. Sasuke's reactions to naruto using this power are quite nice hehe
Old 2004-04-23, 10:59   Link #26
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
I don't think that was really "striving for recognition", it was just raw stupidity.

Walking into a prison cell to get your friend out while the people watching the prison are still there is going above and beyond the realm of normal person stupidity. He must have had access to Kyuubi chakra at this point to allow for this to happen.
striving for recognition isnt just shown in that one event. it is in the whole series.
Old 2004-04-23, 11:22   Link #27
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!

I think Sasuke is just there to build up the storyline of Naruto...

Spoiler: