AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-12-05, 02:25   Link #1
LostOnTheU-rturn
Pwning the Bijuu Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 32
Susumo Hirasawa

Has anybody here heard of this musician?

I think he is on of the greatest.

He has provided songs for anime Berserk and for the game berserk, among others.
LostOnTheU-rturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 03:50   Link #2
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kamogawa Gym
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Heh I was just about to create this thread, can't believe there isn't one already dedicated to him. Im totally addicted to him now, I have loved his music ever since I saw Berserk. Then later I watched Paranoia Agent and recognized his music right away. Then I stopped for a long time...stupid me, didn't realize just how much music the man has created till last week. Theres a torrent floating around with just about everything he has ever done since 1972. Like 4.7 gigs of material, just amazing. Right now I think my favorite album of his is Solar Ray which he created using only solar energy. Some of his songs are pretty catchy, keep getting Rocket Shoot, Logic Airforce, and Haldyn Hotel stuck in my head. Have a new favorite version of Forces, Forces 1.5 . Considering buying his newer albums Vistoron, Ice-9, and the Paprika OST.

For those of you unfamiliar with him, you can download some free mp3's (LEGALLY) from his website http://www.chaosunion.com/hirasawa/e/
Be sure to download the Big Brother mp3, good stuff .

Also there are numerous videos of him on youtube:

Forces 1.5 - Weird instruments, never seen those before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KyjaEfV-lY
Sign from Berserk PS2 game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4ZYRN5QFg
Just to name two.

We need more Susumu Hirasawa fans! What are all your favorite albums of his?
__________________

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 04:43   Link #3
LostOnTheU-rturn
Pwning the Bijuu Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
Heh I was just about to create this thread, can't believe there isn't one already dedicated to him. Im totally addicted to him now, I have loved his music ever since I saw Berserk. Then later I watched Paranoia Agent and recognized his music right away.
lol, me too. I was like, hey, i know this voice, and then it clicked.

Quote:
Then I stopped for a long time...stupid me, didn't realize just how much music the man has created till last week. Theres a torrent floating around with just about everything he has ever done since 1972.
since when!!!!?

Quote:
Like 4.7 gigs of material, just amazing. Right now I think my favorite album of his is Solar Ray which he created using only solar energy. Some of his songs are pretty catchy, keep getting Rocket Shoot, Logic Airforce, and Haldyn Hotel stuck in my head. Have a new favorite version of Forces, Forces 1.5 . Considering buying his newer albums Vistoron, Ice-9, and the Paprika OST.
i need to buy them then.

Quote:
For those of you unfamiliar with him, you can download some free mp3's (LEGALLY) from his website http://www.chaosunion.com/hirasawa/e/
Be sure to download the Big Brother mp3, good stuff .

Also there are numerous videos of him on youtube:

Forces 1.5 - Weird instruments, never seen those before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KyjaEfV-lY
Sign from Berserk PS2 game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4ZYRN5QFg
Just to name two.

We need more Susumu Hirasawa fans! What are all your favorite albums of his?
I have seen a couple of his video on you tube. I still haven't bought any album, but i'm planning on buying a couple this wek.

i must say my favorite songs are forces and signs.
LostOnTheU-rturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 22:41   Link #4
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
I am clearly not a fan of his work (I think Forces is just a ridiculous song), but I think he gets better.

I actually like a lot the MIllenium Actress OST and the theme song of Paprika (which is available for free legal download) is just awesome.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 04:08   Link #5
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kamogawa Gym
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
So...anyone have news on what Hirasawa has been up to? I haven't heard a thing about him in a long time, his website hasn't been updated either.

Still hoping one day to find Vistoron and ICE-9 torrents. Those are the only two albums of his I don't have. I found a Paprika one finally!
__________________

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 21:58   Link #6
Onset
desu~
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern VA
I'm a pretty big fan of Hirasawa, and his soundtrack for Berserk has to be my favorite. Forces, Gats, and Earth are some of my favorites. The Paranoia Agent OP and the Paprika theme song are also great. I hope Satoshi Kon's next project includes his music.
Onset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 07:29   Link #7
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I love Susumu's songs - they sound so mysterious - but too much listening and I would get nauseous. It's weird, but I guess it's due to the methods he used for creating music. I can never listen to a whole ost in one sitting.
__________________
nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 14:45   Link #8
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
This guy did the OP for Paranoia agent
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:56   Link #9
lupus6x9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Susumu Hirasawa

rocks.

I love his music. I especially love some of Satoshi Kon's works that have his music, like Paprika, Paranoia Agent, and Millennium Actress. I also like some of Berserk's music, but I've never seen the show. And some of his independent music is great too.

Anyone else love his work?
__________________
lupus6x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 06:44   Link #10
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
I like some of his recent work (like the Millenium Actress OST), but I hate most of what he did before.

I remembered having posted in a thread about him long ago here :
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=39809 Dunno if your fellow Susumu Hirasawa lovers are still around though. I hardly pay attention to usernames.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:14   Link #11
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
I find it weird that one of his inspirations are Thai transvestites. Such a wonderfully odd man.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:30   Link #12
Jeiku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Susumu Hirasawa is one of my idols. When I become a world-famous animation director, first I am going to cite his music as a direct influence on the films I create, and then I'm going to hire him to do the soundtrack to an upcoming production of mine, and half of the film's gross will go to him. TRUE STORY.

On a more serious note, Hirasawa is a fantastic composer indeed. Haven't heard all of his stuff, but what I have been exposed to is great. His soundtrack for Millennium Actress brings tears to my eyes, even when listened separately from Kon's equally provoking movie. Only a few other movie soundtrack composers have managed to do this to me (Thomas Newman being another).
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:51   Link #13
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku View Post
Susumu Hirasawa is one of my idols. When I become a world-famous animation director, first I am going to cite his music as a direct influence on the films I create, and then I'm going to hire him to do the soundtrack to an upcoming production of mine, and half of the film's gross will go to him. TRUE STORY.

On a more serious note, Hirasawa is a fantastic composer indeed. Haven't heard all of his stuff, but what I have been exposed to is great. His soundtrack for Millennium Actress brings tears to my eyes, even when listened separately from Kon's equally provoking movie. Only a few other movie soundtrack composers have managed to do this to me (Thomas Newman being another).
I hope that goes well for you!

The only reason I watch any on Kon's movies is because most of the time Mr. Hirasawa works on them. He & Yuki Kajiura are two composers that I pretty much know will have great work.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 02:36   Link #14
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kamogawa Gym
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Almost a year since my last post in this thread . I watched Kon's movies because of Hirasawa as well. Paprika and Millennium Actress were pretty good.

Found Vistoron btw! .

@lupus6x9: I love Berserk, but I don't think the anime would be half as good without Hirasawa's music. He captures the essence of Berserk so well.
__________________

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 15:46   Link #15
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
Almost a year since my last post in this thread . I watched Kon's movies because of Hirasawa as well. Paprika and Millennium Actress were pretty good.

Found Vistoron btw! .

@lupus6x9: I love Berserk, but I don't think the anime would be half as good without Hirasawa's music. He captures the essence of Berserk so well.
There are few composers that can do that now. With anime and manga storylines becoming more complex, it's hard to capture the right feeling with the music. That's where Hirasawa comes in. His music is VERY complex. It's full of weird synth sounds and odd vocals that only he could pull off.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 17:09   Link #16
jaaska
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prüm
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to jaaska
YES! Millennium Actress has great music (I didn't actually like the film overall )

I think the music in 'Paprika' is incredible.. I listened to the 'Parade' track over and over again.

Haha, Jeiku I was thinking about this idea i have for a science fiction film, and when I thought about the score, Hirasawa immediately came to mind . we should collaborate

He was also in a band called P-model which is pretty good as well (plus a bunch of other bands). And his first solo album is awesome - Water in Time and Space -
__________________
jaaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
paranoia, soundtrack

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.