AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-27, 16:25   Link #301
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
nobody likes Alto or Lelouch. They both think they're all that, which is a phail on polls. Every1 likes Sheryl cuz Sheryl is an original character, gives hopes and dreams, and sings well.
I like Alto. The guy is a bit difficult, but he cares.


I love Sheryl, though. Best character in anime since, like, ever.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:36   Link #302
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
It's about time we had a new character poll to reflect the series hitting the halfway point. That way we can see how people's opinions have changed over time. Not to mention that we need to add in the bridge bunnies (cause I really want to vote for Ram/Lam and Monica) and some of the other support characters.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:40   Link #303
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
It's about time we had a new character poll to reflect the series hitting the halfway point. That way we can see how people's opinions have changed over time. Not to mention that we need to add in the bridge bunnies (cause I really want to vote for Ram/Lam and Monica) and some of the other support characters.
I don't know, I think the voting option for the Bridge Bunnies should just be, "The Bridge Bunnies."

Can we really say we like any one of the girls more than the other? Although I guess the one bunny with the crush on the captain would leave her at a big advantage vs the others...
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 19:54   Link #304
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
I saw this randomly today and it's very funny How Sheryl made it in the Saimoe 2008 tournament is beyond me.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2147

Seems like Ranka's raking out the Macross Frontier Pow in this tournament. Ranka's popularity in 2chan surprised me. I didn't think she's this popular. She's no push over lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Animage is more female reader oriented

Inuyasha was top of the polls for years because of that.
Gaaaah..
No wonder. Though it would've been much cooler if Asuran was #2 instead of Kira.
__________________

Last edited by ani_d; 2008-07-27 at 20:07.
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 20:53   Link #305
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
You kidding or you don't know what Saimoe is for (I guess the later though). For a walking pillar of moe like Ranka, I'd only be surprised that she only got 4th. But against Hiiragi twins and Hina, 4th is the best she can wish for.

One advice: don't underestimate 2channers' love for moe loli.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 21:11   Link #306
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Yeah, Ranka's popularity on 2ch is not surprising to me at all. They are all loli-moe lovers over there.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 22:04   Link #307
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Well, I know that 2chan is the largest internet forum in Japan, but I have to look up Saimoe lol Otakus mean business ^^ To think SaiMoe was this influential in Japan. It's even in the newspapers. :| This is today.

Spoiler for results group 20:


This is another popularity booster for Macross F. Macross Staff are probably happy.

So I guess all those Ranka-centric episodes like 10, 11, 12 really did accomplish its goals as expected, or maybe it always did, we just didn't notice since we're outside Japan lol

Here's the link for anyone interested. I couldn't find Klan (she's somewhere in there), but Sheryl is on group 2, while Ranka's on group 20.

http://synchroom.wikispaces.com/SaiMoe2008

I gave up trying to scroll down the 2ch Main Voting thread. It's so vast and complicated. Crazy.
__________________

Last edited by ani_d; 2008-07-27 at 22:50.
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 22:08   Link #308
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
möe Ranka FTW!!!!

i think Sheryl's design is not moe enough for saimoe. it just doesn't feel right .

OT: lolz for Tiffania, ZnT is barely 4 episodes.
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 22:21   Link #309
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon


Sheryl? .... ... ... ... moe?

Oh, what have they done to the queen!?

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 22:23   Link #310
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Yeah I think I saw Maria from Hayate no Gotoku in there. C.C. from Code Geass is leading among her cast mates. She's also pretty popular. I guess she can be moe too lol
__________________
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 22:27   Link #311
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Yeah I think I saw Maria from Hayate no Gotoku in there. C.C. from Code Geass is leading among her cast mates. She's also pretty popular. I guess she can be moe too lol
C. C.!? C. C. !? moe!?


... ... ... even the witch too, eh?

They are desperate for anyone now, huh?

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 22:47   Link #312
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Inside the mysterious painting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post


Sheryl? .... ... ... ... moe?

Oh, what have they done to the queen!?

- Tak
Sheryl is more fit for Saotome rather than Saimoe...
(bad pun i know)
sekidousai is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:06   Link #313
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
C. C.!? C. C. !? moe!?


... ... ... even the witch too, eh?

They are desperate for anyone now, huh?

- Tak
That's surprising about C.C. Now if it was the current CChii then I'd understand how she'd make it on there. But I'm guessing these votes came in before ep. 15, which is odd.

And Sheryl being on there is just plain weird. The only time she is moe is in some fanart.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:06   Link #314
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
Sheryl is more fit for Saotome rather than Saimoe...
(bad pun i know)

LOL, you get a "A" for effort.
__________________
Darial is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:14   Link #315
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
That's surprising about C.C. Now if it was the current CChii then I'd understand how she'd make it on there. But I'm guessing these votes came in before ep. 15, which is odd.
It's cuz of Cheese-kun.
__________________
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:29   Link #316
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Of course series mojo always has a role in this kind of tournament. And prelims are not very good indicators for how well a character will do. Almost all prominent characters from above average shows can make through prelims (by first or by second), after all, there are quota of 288 characters to main. Wait to mid august to see main tournament.

80% of my money is on Fate-chan, and 20% on Kagami-sama.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 01:35   Link #317
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
How Sheryl is moe is beyond me. She's the opposite of moe, she's novelty. So that puts her at the top of my list.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 01:47   Link #318
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Sheryl-tries-to-catch-the-butterfly is moe. I hate to repeat this line even though I like to repeat watching the scene.

Plus moe is subjective.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 01:54   Link #319
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Sheryl-tries-to-catch-the-butterfly is moe. I hate to repeat this line even though I like to repeat watching the scene.

Plus moe is subjective.
I agree, it's subjective. That's why it's beyond me how she's moe.

With respect to the butterfly scene, she was impulsive. If we knew nothing more about her character but that scene, then one might conclude she's moe. But with the rest of her behavior, personality, and character as a backdrop, I'd vote she's definitely not moe.

Moe is not a negative. It's the foundation of anime fandom. But once in a while we get a treat like Sheryl. She's refreshing.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 02:11   Link #320
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Well, I know that 2chan is the largest internet forum in Japan, but I have to look up Saimoe lol Otakus mean business ^^ To think SaiMoe was this influential in Japan. It's even in the newspapers. :| This is today.

Spoiler for results group 20:


This is another popularity booster for Macross F. Macross Staff are probably happy.

So I guess all those Ranka-centric episodes like 10, 11, 12 really did accomplish its goals as expected, or maybe it always did, we just didn't notice since we're outside Japan lol

Here's the link for anyone interested. I couldn't find Klan (she's somewhere in there), but Sheryl is on group 2, while Ranka's on group 20.

http://synchroom.wikispaces.com/SaiMoe2008

I gave up trying to scroll down the 2ch Main Voting thread. It's so vast and complicated. Crazy.
Lol... 2chan... Somehow I get the feeling that Animesuki is FAR more mature than 2chan. Simply because, we at Animesuki like older women. ^_^;

In the top right corner, is that the one girl from Night Wizard, or is that the girl from that one anime with the pets and the evil corporation that has a really depressing ending? I forgot the name, sadly. But the one main character kid is pretty emotionless until he meets her, and he's a Class A I believe. His little pet thing is a gun, basically...
__________________
Traece is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.