AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-29, 07:51   Link #481
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I got the Box set for $50 since I pre ordered it. It appears t be the same tracklist since it pulled the CD info in Japanese from the net. The CD drama has been dubbed!
Old 2008-07-29, 08:03   Link #482
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The Drama CD also has the content of 2 drama CDs (6 Dramas).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 13:24   Link #483
alamarco
Why hello there!

I didn't know the set came out yet, site said August 5th. I hope to get mine soon . The picture looks so much better than the description.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 21:31   Link #484
theman4life

http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=4827

Banpresto is gonna put out a decent sized C.C. figure in her R2 outfit
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 21:37   Link #485
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Thanks for sharing! Wow this set is better than I expected! >w<
Original art for the DVD boxes, and the booklets included too. *envies*

If you don't mind... I'm curious if the OST has the same tracklist as the Japanese version? And is the CD drama dubbed or still the original with translation sheet?
Double checked the link you supplied and I think the US one has extra songs, or the hidden tracks are just listed.

Here is the full list

1. O
2. Stories/Hitomi
3. Prologue
4. Stream of Consciousness
5. Cold Nobility
6. The Fist Signature
7. Strange Girl
8. Outside Road
9. In Justice
10. Nightmare
11. All Hail Britannia!!
12 Light of Green
13. Masquerade/Hitomi
14. Awakening of a CHild
15. Boyhood
16. Stray Cat
17. Occupied Thinking
18. Shin Troop
19. Brain Game
20 Elegant Force
21 Devil Created
22 Yukyou Seishun Ka TV Ver/ ALI PROJECT

Drama CD

1 The Night Before the Showdown
2 Ticket of Dreams
3 Univvited Prince
4 We can;t tell Lelouch
5. Brown Agony
6 Nunnally Vanished
Old 2008-07-29, 22:45   Link #486
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I got the Box set for $50 since I pre ordered it. It appears t be the same tracklist since it pulled the CD info in Japanese from the net. The CD drama has been dubbed!
I'm curious; did the OST CD include romaji/translations of the lyrics for Stories, Masquerade, and Yukyou Seishun Ka? (I also sent you a PM regarding this)

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 03:04   Link #487
Jestersage

SakuraMedia of vancouver actually receive the first volume manga adaptation of the anime. 13.95 CDN, and I am debating whether I should buy it.

Plotwise speaking, it's basically ep 1 to 4; save for some minor details (such as Lelouch merely show up in front of Clovis), it follow the anime and not AU at all. However, just because there's only something minor now doesn't mean there isn't in the future. Furthermore,, the manag is not drawn by CLAMP, so the art style is different... and Lelouch does not look like the "insane evil" he is in the anime, but instead use a cold blood stoic "innocent" stare upon Clovis..

So I am wondering: As a fan of Code geass, should I buy it, or should I avoid it like plague?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 08:00   Link #488
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
SakuraMedia of vancouver actually receive the first volume manga adaptation of the anime. 13.95 CDN, and I am debating whether I should buy it.

Plotwise speaking, it's basically ep 1 to 4; save for some minor details (such as Lelouch merely show up in front of Clovis), it follow the anime and not AU at all. However, just because there's only something minor now doesn't mean there isn't in the future. Furthermore,, the manag is not drawn by CLAMP, so the art style is different... and Lelouch does not look like the "insane evil" he is in the anime, but instead use a cold blood stoic "innocent" stare upon Clovis..

So I am wondering: As a fan of Code geass, should I buy it, or should I avoid it like plague?
The manga's not bad since it follows the plot of the anime accordingly but if you ask anyone what's the best manga incarnation for the series is Nightmare of Nunnally, it takes the plot and twists it to Nunnally's point of view if she were to get a geass and not Lelouch which itself is quite interesting, shame it hasn't been licensed (I think) or else your decision would have been much easier. Another is the lesser recieved Suzaku of the Counterattack and compare to Nightmare of Nunnally its a pretty weak entry overall.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 08:25   Link #489
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Another is the lesser recieved Suzaku of the Counterattack and compare to Nightmare of Nunnally its a pretty weak entry overall.
There is also the fourth and most recent manga of Code Geass, Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 08:34   Link #490
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
There is also the fourth and most recent manga of Code Geass, Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate...
Well I was more along the lines of tankoban releases than serialized chapters....but thanks forgot about that one
Old 2008-07-30, 08:40   Link #491
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well I was more along the lines of tankoban releases than serialized chapters....but thanks forgot about that one
Mm-hmm. Just found a page with a few pages from that one as well: http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/693040.html

Heh, Lelouch is rather nice-looking in that Shinsengumi uniform...
Old 2008-07-30, 08:52   Link #492
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Mm-hmm. Just found a page with a few pages from that one as well: http://community.livejournal.com/code_geass/693040.html

Heh, Lelouch is rather nice-looking in that Shinsengumi uniform...
The art looks a bit childish and simple (this is Keroro Ace after all) but the story and premise looks very interesting so I'm guessing that Lelouch is Japanese now and him and Suzaku will actually be joining forces? Anyway I wish someday that CLAMP would do a Code Geass manga with their view of what the series should of been, don't be surprised if Clovis actually survives, but given their history expect alot of shounen-ai scenes between Lelouch and Suzaku.
Old 2008-07-30, 09:10   Link #493
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
The art looks a bit childish and simple (this is Keroro Ace after all)
Sort of has to agree, Suzaku and Lelouch both look like shotas as someone on that page said

Quote:
but the story and premise looks very interesting so I'm guessing that Lelouch is Japanese now
Yeah, the Order of theblack knights are the ishin here (during the japanese civil wat back then, the Ishin were the patroits who supported Meiji and opposed the shogunate - see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishin_Shishi)

It's interesting in other ways too: here Geass the power to call forth knightmares. Makes me wonder if Kallen will also have a Geass here to call forth the Guren..

Quote:
and him and Suzaku will actually be joining forces?
I doubt it. He'll most likely be shown as fightning for the shogunate here...

Quote:
Anyway I wish someday that CLAMP would do a Code Geass manga with their view of what the series should of been, don't be surprised if Clovis actually survives, but given their history expect alot of shounen-ai scenes between Lelouch and Suzaku.
Dunno if Clamp'd do this, but... who knows?
Old 2008-07-30, 10:19   Link #494
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Double checked the link you supplied and I think the US one has extra songs, or the hidden tracks are just listed.

Here is the full list
Spoiler:
Thank you so much!
This is quite a luxurious DVD set!

Quote:

"Not AU (yet)" isn't much of a merit. In this case it's trying to stick to the original to the extent that it's not interesting. To make matters worse, it's a greatly dumbed down version. You'll see AU soon enough. Most of the characters above 20yrs are removed. The world is ruled by children. (No prodigies BTW. Just simple little kids.) There are no KMFs, no organization. Take a pistol and go bang-bang in school, and expect to destroy Britannia before you know it. I mean... WOW.
The only merit is they look cute. Maybe nice if you want to see the characters waste all day having a sweet time together like kindergarten kids. Although those roundsy-cutesy faces grow old pretty soon because they all look the same. This artist can't draw anything but "cute", not even a proper angry or serious face, let alone anything cool. The poor way of making expressions is so much the style of shoujo manga a decade ago.
Personally, Of all 4 manga series, this is the least recommanded one. The story is more childish than most fanworks. The art is bland. This manga looks like an attempt to jump on the bandwagon - using Code Geass to make an useless inapt manga drawer famous. I do not see any sign of the drawer putting efforts in this manga. If the drawer did try, and this is the best she can do, then I feel sorry for her. It's very competitive in Japanese manga market, so it must be so hard for such an inapt drawer to strive to survive. XD
I bought like 80% of the Code Geass merchandise released, but I'm not wasting my money on a fifth-grade-xmas-play version of Code Geass.

Err... I rant too much. Most of the mangas adapted from anime or movie suck, though. So it isn't surprising for Code Geass to share this fate. Luckily there's Nightmare of Nunnally, which is so good that it can stand on its own feet. The one based on Suzaku is acceptable, too. At least it's trying to do storytelling in an interesting way.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-07-30 at 10:42.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 13:15   Link #495
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
The CD drama's are english dubbed only I take it.

Last edited by Masterkeyes2; 2008-07-30 at 13:27.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 13:32   Link #496
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeyes2 View Post
the Cd Drama's Are English Dubbed Only I Take It.
exactly :d:d:d
Old 2008-07-30, 13:52   Link #497
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Thank you so much!
This is quite a luxurious DVD set!

"Not AU (yet)" isn't much of a merit. In this case it's trying to stick to the original to the extent that it's not interesting. To make matters worse, it's a greatly dumbed down version. You'll see AU soon enough. Most of the characters above 20yrs are removed. The world is ruled by children. (No prodigies BTW. Just simple little kids.) There are no KMFs, no organization. Take a pistol and go bang-bang in school, and expect to destroy Britannia before you know it. I mean... WOW.
The only merit is they look cute. Maybe nice if you want to see the characters waste all day having a sweet time together like kindergarten kids. Although those roundsy-cutesy faces grow old pretty soon because they all look the same. This artist can't draw anything but "cute", not even a proper angry or serious face, let alone anything cool. The poor way of making expressions is so much the style of shoujo manga a decade ago.
Personally, Of all 4 manga series, this is the least recommanded one. The story is more childish than most fanworks. The art is bland. This manga looks like an attempt to jump on the bandwagon - using Code Geass to make an useless inapt manga drawer famous. I do not see any sign of the drawer putting efforts in this manga. If the drawer did try, and this is the best she can do, then I feel sorry for her. It's very competitive in Japanese manga market, so it must be so hard for such an inapt drawer to strive to survive. XD
I bought like 80% of the Code Geass merchandise released, but I'm not wasting my money on a fifth-grade-xmas-play version of Code Geass.

Err... I rant too much. Most of the mangas adapted from anime or movie suck, though. So it isn't surprising for Code Geass to share this fate. Luckily there's Nightmare of Nunnally, which is so good that it can stand on its own feet. The one based on Suzaku is acceptable, too. At least it's trying to do storytelling in an interesting way.
You are talking about this, right?
http://www.amazon.ca/Code-Geass-Mang...7443825&sr=1-1
That's the one I saw.

Also, are the novels worth it?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 14:01   Link #498
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Er, Koshimizu, you were talking about Shogunate...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:38   Link #499
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
You are talking about this, right?
http://www.amazon.ca/Code-Geass-Mang...7443825&sr=1-1
That's the one I saw.

Also, are the novels worth it?
He was talking about the new one that just came out anyway as far as novels go they're about the same quality as the manga only a little more interesting since they give some more depth to the characters than the manga snd some excerpts that could of been added in the anime, the firstspans five volumes, the current one for the second season is running in The Sneaker magazine which gives more detail into how Suzaku, Gino, and Anya first met. Overall they're short and very interesting if you wish to learn more about the characters.
Old 2008-07-30, 17:08   Link #500
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:

I wouldn't recommend it, either. It's a really dumbed-down version of the anime and the best that Kallen could do in vol. 1 was to deface a bust of Clovis. No Knightmares, nothing extravagant.

Nightmare of Nunnally is the only manga spin-off series that is unique and interesting on its own. I haven't read the Shogunate version yet, but from judging the art, it's probably childish.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote