AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-07-24, 19:40   Link #21
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Bettter than I expected, but not quite top material. The story was the thing bugging me, it went a little haywire in the end, but I really liked the dialogue and effects. The comedy was pretty good too.
A solid 7 worth to see.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 02:19   Link #22
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

good premise, bad plot

The story bugs me too.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 03:39   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
beginning and middle were hilarious

Spoiler:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:32   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I thought the part where he actually did his hero job properly was too brief. I mean, one bank roberry and that's it?

I also feel a bit cheated by the fact he wasn't shown conflicted about his attraction to the wife of his best and only friend (even if they haven't known each other for long).
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 10:21   Link #25
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I thought the part where he actually did his hero job properly was too brief. I mean, one bank roberry and that's it?

I also feel a bit cheated by the fact he wasn't shown conflicted about his attraction to the wife of his best and only friend (even if they haven't known each other for long).
I agree on both parts, when he was being brought into action it all looked so fake.. by that meaning how it was edited and writen... from that point on the movie became crap IMO though the two pans were hilarious
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 10:49   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I guess there was too much to do with the time given...I would have loved to see a flashback or two on their previous relationships imo...and they never explained the "they" group who targetted them everytime they begun to become mortal in the past which was annoying. But the lead up was flushed out quite nicely imo, it is a shame they never used the full potential of what could have been amazing. (and being sad I've just watched the movie again with another friend...could have gone to watch batman instead but he wanted to watch Hancock , amazing how many holes you could pick during a second sitting...but it was still enjoyable).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 11:27   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm OK with no flashbacks because the movie is mostly from Hancock's POV, and he doesn't get his memory back, so why should we?

The "They" are just random people, as in the movie. I think it's just an airy theory by the woman, but the powers that be that made them "super" don't want them to settle down and become mortal. So every time they try, something happens and they need to separate and regain their powers, or one or both die. (as examplified in the movie). Last time, it was just muggers.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 17:46   Link #28
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I Really Liked This Movie....I Don't Know Why most People hated it ...I give it 8/10
They Should Do Second Part With Some new "super man/women" Found out not dead like the rest ..and I'll go watch it
Old 2008-07-29, 22:54   Link #29
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Me and my friend only ended up watching Hancock because the X-Files movie we saw a couple of hours prior left a bad taste in our mouths. I didn't really know what to expect, but I came in with low expectations. I only recently started going to theatres this summer; I've seen more movies at the theatre (3) this summer than I have in the last 5 years.

Anyway, I liked it overall, but there was a collapse near the end and there wasn't enough exposition/background info. I did enjoy Charlize Theron's character though and I hope they make a sequel/prequel that has her in a prominent role, they certainly made enough money to consider a second try.
Old 2008-07-29, 23:30   Link #30
ZoomZoom
Hiatus
*Graphic Designer

The movie wasn't bad and it was funny in parts but I wish it explained more of the background like Timeless Enigma said.
Old 2008-07-30, 07:01   Link #31
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
For me I liked the first of it when he was just a drunk with super human powers, loads of funny parts..then when it gets into this whole love thing it kinda started to suck. But thats just my thoughts.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:46   Link #32
Anth0v3r
French Member

Yeah ! I love it ! I have seen this movie in English because the voices in English are better than French ! At the beginning, the story are funny but at the end, i didn't like because the autor of this film was changed.
Anth0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote