AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-31, 16:50   Link #61
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Soul Society
Was gonna say somethin bout the spoiler but its gone nevermind.
__________________
Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:13   Link #62
LeminLyme
I am a Fruity Mofo'
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halibels Bedroom
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme Send a message via Skype™ to LeminLyme
Little late to be saying, but Ichigo can dominate Byakuya =P This was pointed out on the first page and i'm really late =o Byakuya tied/lost to Ichigo when ichigo was super nub... And his hollow side dominated him on his own. Let's say Ichigo can control that hollow side now, and see what happens in a fight there =P
__________________
hi
LeminLyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 19:44   Link #63
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeminLyme View Post
when ichigo was super nub...
how much time has passed since then? not much, Ichigo is still a greenhorn + you are assuming we have seen everything Byakuya had to offer(Manga chp 301).. therefore I call "dominate" an exaggeration
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 23:16   Link #64
LeminLyme
I am a Fruity Mofo'
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halibels Bedroom
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme Send a message via Skype™ to LeminLyme
Yah but Byakuya actually lost, meaning he wasn't pulling out all the stuff, but he wasn't going weakling on him =P Dominate may be an exaggeration, but if Byakuya won, i'd kill myself following that fight.
__________________
hi
LeminLyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 00:33   Link #65
astrallionheart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
how much time has passed since then? not much, Ichigo is still a greenhorn + you are assuming we have seen everything Byakuya had to offer(Manga chp 301).. therefore I call "dominate" an exaggeration
1) Byakuya was taking Ichigo lately. You can tell right away Byakuya is a "4 trades shinigami". The fact that he fought Ichigo primarily with zanjutsu during the entire fight shows he was taking ichigo lightly. The moment Byakuya switched things up, attacked from another angle, used a little kido, and Ichigo got owned as fast as Renji did.

Byakuya is kind of like an athlete that has sound fundamentals and doesn't rely on sheer athleticism. Even if you sent the Hulk at him he'd figure some way to keep him at bay. Of course, the jack of all trades is a problem with Byakuya, he can rally with his opponent but at best will win out of attrition and not attack ability (his offense is pretty pitiful).
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 01:19   Link #66
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeminLyme View Post
Yah but Byakuya actually lost, meaning he wasn't pulling out all the stuff, but he wasn't going weakling on him =P Dominate may be an exaggeration, but if Byakuya won, i'd kill myself following that fight.
I would be curious to what pulling out all the stops is...

after the fight

Byakuya - ::shunpos away::
Ichigo - ::collapses::
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 02:52   Link #67
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I would be curious to what pulling out all the stops is...

after the fight

Byakuya - ::shunpos away::
Ichigo - ::collapses::
In something like boxing Byakuya would be the winner cos he could still stand but that was cos of the thing with his bones. Also why didn't Byakuya use kidou, if Rukia could use Bakudo 36 Byakuya should at least be able to use Bakudo 72
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 03:32   Link #68
Jerseykid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
In something like boxing Byakuya would be the winner cos he could still stand but that was cos of the thing with his bones. Also why didn't Byakuya use kidou, if Rukia could use Bakudo 36 Byakuya should at least be able to use Bakudo 72
Byakuya used lightning to perforate ichigo, that sure looked like Kidou to me. All you guys just can't face the reality that Ichigo with his bankai and mask would rip your precious captains a new one! All at the same time!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 03:45   Link #69
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Um, don't you guys realise Byakuya LET Ichigo live? It was only because of his fairness that he accepted he was bested in an all-out fight. If he was obseed about victory he could've easily(well maybe not so easily) used kidou to wipe the floor with him.


BTW i wonder what would happen if Ichigo/Kenpachi ever learned hadou 61 O_o *shudders*
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 03:57   Link #70
GeostigmataShi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Um, don't you guys realise Byakuya LET Ichigo live? It was only because of his fairness that he accepted he was bested in an all-out fight. If he was obseed about victory he could've easily(well maybe not so easily) used kidou to wipe the floor with him.
Agreed, i think byakuya let him live
he start thinking to save his sister after seeing ichigo determination to her, he make up his mind and let ichigo live
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 04:05   Link #71
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeostigmataShi View Post
Agreed, i think byakuya let him live
he start thinking to save his sister after seeing ichigo determination to her, he make up his mind and let ichigo live
It's just like in this episode, out of the promise he made to his parents after they died he didn't break the rules but he lets others break the rules for him just like in this episode he said to Renji that he gives him complete control of the squad to find Rukia and Ichigo. Byakuya is skilled in kidou, so Jerseykid doesn't it tell you something that when Byakuya used Bakudo Number 4: White Lightning and it hurt Ichigo badly imagine what would of happened if he used the Blue Fire Crash Down one.
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition

Last edited by HiroInazuma; 2008-08-01 at 07:50.
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 07:22   Link #72
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Hiro watch it dude erase the 2 hand thingy..mods may be evil and put you under spoiler warning.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:26   Link #73
ArtCp
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
HAHHAHA Are you guys fucking kidding me?!

"My sword has been shattered by your free spiritness, I will not pursue Rukia anymore, this fight is your victory(he said something along those lines after the fight was done)"

Do you guys seriosly think Byakuya went easy on Ichigo? That he took him lightly?
This isn't even worth arguing about, its just ridiculous.
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:44   Link #74
Magnus N
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Byakuya used lightning to perforate ichigo, that sure looked like Kidou to me. All you guys just can't face the reality that Ichigo with his bankai and mask would rip your precious captains a new one! All at the same time!
So using 1 spell makes all the difference ? He could have used highlevel spells to keep Ichigo contained and then killed him but didnt.

Just dont know what to say about your second sentence, its just so full of bullshit its retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
HAHHAHA Are you guys fucking kidding me?!

"My sword has been shattered by your free spiritness, I will not pursue Rukia anymore, this fight is your victory(he said something along those lines after the fight was done)"

Do you guys seriosly think Byakuya went easy on Ichigo? That he took him lightly?
This isn't even worth arguing about, its just ridiculous.
He fought against Ichigo to test his resolve, no doubt he was fighting as hard as he could with a huge handicap on his side, no usage of kido(except the single lightning) is taking away alot of Byakuyas power.

From what i can recall Byakuya is very talented in kido usage and could have used alot of useful spells against Ichigo in their fight but never did since he wanted to beat him with sword only.
Magnus N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:51   Link #75
ArtCp
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus N View Post
He fought against Ichigo to test his resolve, no doubt he was fighting as hard as he could with a huge handicap on his side, no usage of kido(except the single lightning) is taking away alot of Byakuyas power.

From what i can recall Byakuya is very talented in kido usage and could have used alot of useful spells against Ichigo in their fight but never did since he wanted to beat him with sword only.
The difference from our arguments is that im using facts, you are using speculation.

And if we are talking about "what if's", what if Ichigo cut Byakuyas throat when he just got Bankai? Talking about what if's is pointless, there is only one winner and the one who won was Ichigo, at least according to Byakuya and there is no way in hell someone with his personality would go easy on someone or test his resolve.
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:17   Link #76
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 24
That Shuu boy is so annoying... other than being a useless crybaby, he interrupted the fight between Amagai and Ichigo... they didnt even go into bankai state -.-

There is one important thing in the plot of Bleach that is getting more confusing after each episode...
The theory of the souls of the living going to either the soul society or hell.... that was the most interesting thing in this series and i've been waiting for more details on that but it seems that after the first arc, none of that was explained anymore and now the Soul Society is looking more and more like the real world... there are even "bad" ppl in it while at first it was supposed that only "good" ppl were sent to the soul society, and there are lots and lots of other unclear issues....

Last edited by incube; 2008-08-01 at 13:31.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:37   Link #77
uytre
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
i know that is really confusing thats y i ignore it
the new captain seems to be a really cool guy hope he doesnt turn out evil
uytre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:47   Link #78
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
The difference from our arguments is that im using facts, you are using speculation.

And if we are talking about "what if's", what if Ichigo cut Byakuyas throat when he just got Bankai? Talking about what if's is pointless, there is only one winner and the one who won was Ichigo, at least according to Byakuya and there is no way in hell someone with his personality would go easy on someone or test his resolve.
So you're telling me a man with enough energy to shunpo away had no chance of killing a man who lost about 2 litres of bklood and unable to move?! He was fighting for the laws of SS. He did NOT go easy on Ichigo, BUT last time I tuned into Aizen-sensei lesson 1, it stated that shinigami have 4 different atacks. Just because his sword was shattered doesn't mean that he couldn't fight anymore[aka kidou]. He lost his pride and desire to fight to uphold SS' laws at that point in time, therefore losing his will to fight.

BTW if you're a strictly-anime viewer I will have to stop arguing
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:51   Link #79
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
All Ichigo has is brute strength and swordsman ship. As Soifon showed last ep his abilities in other departments of fighting are notably lacking. (which is why someone like Aizen who mastered all forms of combat is so freaking powerful aside from his hypnosis) He could try to just overpower them and while it might work it could also go either way. And he certainly can't fight all the other captains and win. He's not that much more powerful than them that his attacks are that much more effective. This isn't like DBZ where being slightly more powerful than someone makes you completely invulnerable to any harm from them.

And why would he try to kill the other captains? They are more or less on the same side just being fooled into fighting each other again. Which is why he didn't just kill Byakuya back in the SS arc. He instead managed to convince him and defeat his resolve which was a much more effective than just ganking him and killing him when he had the chance (not to mention killing Byakuya then would have had Rukia die on the hill if not everyone there and assuming Ichigo survived would have branded him a permanent criminal to SS and might have left SS as a whole fractured making them easy pickings for Aizen)

Just killing doesn't always work. If he'd killed Amagai that would have been it for Ichigo and Rukia at SS and they would become permanent fugatives.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 17:46   Link #80
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 24
Ichigo wasnt fighting Soifon seriously... if he fought any of the captains the same way as in the arrancar arc (ex. grimjaw) he definitly wins. As we have seen so far, ichigo's spirit is way beyond some restrain kido techniques and we also know that Ichigo is a speed type in his bankai form so i dont think kido will affect him that much.

I would like to know who is Ichigo's father and back to the question on my previous post.... how come he is back in his human form?
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.