AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-05, 12:45   Link #1061
SymphonicRain
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
I can see it!

The dreams and hopes i have! Cup size c!
SymphonicRain is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:19   Link #1062
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
... sheryl pr0n on this site.

THis is MUCH too tame to be considered porn.


And anyhow, it was a decent distraction tactic done by Tak in the mist of this "shipping" debacle.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:21   Link #1063
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
This is MUCH too tame to be considered porn.
LOL yeah. It's just a harmless poster of Queen Sheryl. Hmm... this pose and costume reminds me of the female leads from Sorcerer Hunters (minus the whips, that is).
Darial is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:27   Link #1064
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
LOL yeah. It's just a harmless poster of Queen Sheryl. Hmm... this pose and costume reminds me of the female leads from Sorcerer Hunters (minus the whips, that is).

Oh you're right! I think her name was Chocolate.

Hmm...Sheryl and a whip.


---Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:31   Link #1065
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Nobody can understand your thought processes. But your motivations are as clear as day.
Oh, really? And what are they?

Quote:
Right. Because a 30 year old man with a 16 year old girl is all that different from a 30 year old man with a 17 year old girl.
No, but a 30 year old man dating Ranka is different from a 30 year old man dating Sheryl.

Quote:
And you yourself pointed out that the age of consent is not the same thing as the age of majority. So this is just something I'd file under "Ranka's choice".
It's not a matter of legality. It's a matter of "Do I really trust her to make that kind of choice?". In Ranka's case, the answer is "not really". In Sheryl's it "yes".

If you want to answer differently, that's your privilege. Good luck arguing that Ranka is every bit as mature as Sheryl.

Quote:
Your argument uses a double standard. (What delicious irony)
Damn right it does. Ranka and Sheryl are different, so I treat them differently. We're not a bunch of lawmakers arguing over age of consent laws. I'm saying "I don't want to see Ranka date Leon". But notice I don't protest against it terribly much on the grounds of "It's wrong! Wrong, I tell you, for a girl so young to date someone so old!". On that subject, I'm more "Eh. Doesn't feel right."

Quote:
It's not like Ranka's working relationship with Leon is especially close, either. She gets all of her orders from Grace, after all. In fact, she spends less time on the job around Leon than she does Alto.
Again, there is a difference between being one's subordinate against being merely colleagues. That is the major difference between her relationship with Alto and her relationship with Leon. The one that, to me, spells "wrong". The reason I added that bit about closeness is that I do have reserves against close colleagues dating. It can get weird, especially after a break up. But note, they're merely reserves. As long as they're responsible adults and pros, I think it's up to them to decide and take their responsibilities.

Quote:
Actually, I said that you'd fiercely fight against it on the grounds of "fairness" or it being "inappropriate" or some nonsense like that. Much like you're doing right now.
Saying "it feels a bit icky" is not fighting it "fiercely". I'm explaining my reasons, because you accuse me of being irrational and unfair.

Also, note: there's a difference between "I don't like it" and "it's wrong".
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:44   Link #1066
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Being new here I wanted to find more information about Sheryl's link with Ranka's mother or family.
So she could be a clone of Ranshe or just of a perfect singer with the voice to attract the vajra which resulted to a failure .
I know people will not like to repeat themselves so I'm just summarizing what I have found out.
This being so , I have read all the threads concerning macross and wanted to participate.
But I appreciate more, Ranka's character than Sheryl 's. After reading what hapenned with ani d and anh minh the few peope who weren't for Sheryl I think I will pass.
Looks like you must be a Sheryl's fan to be accepted here because on the other side there isn't a single soul anymore.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:49   Link #1067
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Oh you're right! I think her name was Chocolate.

Hmm...Sheryl and a whip.


---Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Bah, we seen that in episode 8. Admit it, we LOVED that imaginary.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:52   Link #1068
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to stray
As interesting as all this LeonXRanka stuff is... and great Sheryl picture btw Tak...

There's just no way there could be any other pairing but LeonXTentacles. Except maybe LeonXBobby, once they find out they go to the same hairstylist.
stray is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:52   Link #1069
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Being new here I wanted to find more information about Sheryl's link with Ranka's mother or family.
So she could be a clone of Ranshe or just of a perfect singer with the voice to attract the vajra which resulted to a failure .
I know people will not like to repeat themselves so I'm just summarizing what I have found out.
This being so , I have read all the threads concerning macross and wanted to participate.
But I appreciate more, Ranka's character than Sheryl 's. After reading what hapenned with ani d and anh minh the few peope who weren't for Sheryl I think I will pass.
Looks like you must be a Sheryl's fan to be accepted here because on the other side there isn't a single soul anymore.

Well, this board doesn't turn away Ranka fans. The problems only stem from "poor" uneducated arguments from a few Ranka fans. The thing with ani_d is that she is quite biased and she tends to contradict things she had mentioned in previous posts. This sort of attitude is hardly admirable and that's why she gets a lot of flack from Sheryl fans.


I'm a sheryl fan but I have no problem coexisting with the opposing side. Just make sure to properly site your sources and not rely so much on personal bias when attempting to "prove" something. If you can do that then I think you'll be okay.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:53   Link #1070
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Being new here I wanted to find more information about Sheryl's link with Ranka's mother or family.
So she could be a clone of Ranshe or just of a perfect singer with the voice to attract the vajra which resulted to a failure .
We will probably know more in two days. Although Id be surprised if Grace just puts her cards on the table like that.

If she does, however, one has to wonder how supremely confident she must be that Galaxies plans wont be disrupted by Sheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Bah, we seen that in episode 8. Admit it, we LOVED that imaginary.

- Tak
I wonder how Alto would love it.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 13:54   Link #1071
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Bah, we seen that in episode 8. Admit it, we LOVED that imaginary.

- Tak
Yes, yes, I admit it. It was bliss.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:01   Link #1072
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Being new here I wanted to find more information about Sheryl's link with Ranka's mother or family.
So she could be a clone of Ranshe or just of a perfect singer with the voice to attract the vajra which resulted to a failure .
I know people will not like to repeat themselves so I'm just summarizing what I have found out.
This being so , I have read all the threads concerning macross and wanted to participate.
But I appreciate more, Ranka's character than Sheryl 's. After reading what hapenned with ani d and anh minh the few peope who weren't for Sheryl I think I will pass.
Looks like you must be a Sheryl's fan to be accepted here because on the other side there isn't a single soul anymore.
There isn't much of a link right now. All we have to go on are "Ranshe" being listed in ep 14's credits and Grace mentioning "Fairy 9" operation.

I'm still on the fence as to whether "Fairy 9" was the codename for the covert operations held under the guise of Sheryl's tour or if "Fairy 9" is in direct reference to Sheryl herself and her existence.

Whether or not you want to show your support for Ranka is your call, but it is a whole other deal if you want to actively participate in the shipping wars by using flaky arguments and heavily tinted glasses.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:04   Link #1073
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Bah, we seen that in episode 8. Admit it, we LOVED that imaginary.

- Tak
If only that episode didn't have such crappy artwork. What we would do for a high-res detailed pic of that.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:05   Link #1074
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
If only that episode didn't have such crappy artwork. What we would do for a high-res detailed pic of that.
Yeah, Id love them do redo the animation for the DVD release. That episode stands out like a sore thumb otherwise.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:09   Link #1075
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, Id love them do redo the animation for the DVD release. That episode stands out like a sore thumb otherwise.
Yeah. That's the one episode where both female leads looked like they were stand-ins for the real McCoys. (i.e. we can't find the real actresses for Sheryl and Ranka, so we got body doubles for that episode... hahahah the fans won't notice!)

A real shame too because that was such a great Sheryl episode.
Darial is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:28   Link #1076
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Well, this board doesn't turn away Ranka fans. The problems only stem from "poor" uneducated arguments from a few Ranka fans. The thing with ani_d is that she is quite biased and she tends to contradict things she had mentioned in previous posts. This sort of attitude is hardly admirable and that's why she gets a lot of flack from Sheryl fans.
With all due respect...

Things have been de-evolving way too quickly into personal attacks on this board lately... just look at half the postings over the course of the past 3 hours. It's not even relevant what 'side' it is; and honestly... I'm no saint, but it's one thing to call out someone on their arguments, entirely another to disrespect someone as a person, regardless of your opinion on them, or their point of view. We're supposed to be enjoying this show, and for that matter enjoying being able to discuss it, last I checked.

Anyway, I haven't seen ani_d even make a post in like a week, and while I didn't necessarily agree with what she had to say, and regardless of people's opinions of her... can we please not start pissing on her grave? This is one I seriously want to see stopped before it even starts.
stray is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:33   Link #1077
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
With all due respect...

Things have been de-evolving way too quickly into personal attacks on this board lately... just look at half the postings over the course of the past 3 hours. It's not even relevant what 'side' it is; and honestly... I'm no saint, but it's one thing to call out someone on their arguments, entirely another to disrespect someone as a person, regardless of your opinion on them, or their point of view. We're supposed to be enjoying this show, and for that matter enjoying being able to discuss it, last I checked.

Anyway, I haven't seen ani_d even make a post in like a week, and while I didn't necessarily agree with what she had to say, and regardless of people's opinions of her... can we please not start pissing on her grave? This is one I seriously want to see stopped before it even starts.


The previous poster just needed a briefing of what occurred in the past regarding the person she had mentioned, and I simply provided my observation.

If you want to insist that is a personal attack, that's fine (I personally don't care what people assume) but I just call them like I see them since I myself am not heavily active in these debates. I'm like an outsiders POV and I just happen to be quite "frank" when recalling past events.


Anyhow, this is derailing too much so let's get back on topic so I can keep observing LOL.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:35   Link #1078
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Yeah. That's the one episode where both female leads looked like they were stand-ins for the real McCoys. (i.e. we can't find the real actresses for Sheryl and Ranka, so we got body doubles for that episode... hahahah the fans won't notice!)

A real shame too because that was such a great Sheryl episode.
Just rewatched it to get it into perspective, and... bleah. The animation looks really cheap compared to almost every other episode ( the non-recap part of ep. 15 could do with a remake, too... the character models are quite off ).

I dont know if it is in the cards, but with the money they got with the DVD/Blue Ray sales, I hope they put something into making episodes 8 and 15 into better quality. They stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:38   Link #1079
erfine
hugs@Ranka
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Oh, really? And what are they?
Your original idea about Sheryl and Leon was meant to get a reaction from people. It's obviously a silly idea, which shouldn't be taken seriously. But when Ranka was raised, if this was all in good fun, you would have said something like "Oh, Ranka's busy down on the other end" or something equally light-hearted as a show of good faith.

Instead, you raised a series of formal arguments on why Ranka ought not to enter into a relationship with Leon, in an attempt to rationalize your earlier statements (which were supposedly a joke to begin with!)

As Magnus-kun pointed out earlier, you have some pent up aggression within you, and you want to displace it. But you're also very concious that your behavior is irrational, so you try to compensate by trying to provide a "rational" explanation for everything you wrote, including things that didn't require rational explanations in the first place (such as humor).

There's no problem about any of that, but let's all be frank about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, but a 30 year old man dating Ranka is different from a 30 year old man dating Sheryl.
Yah that's the way double standards usually work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not a matter of legality. It's a matter of "Do I really trust her to make that kind of choice?". In Ranka's case, the answer is "not really". In Sheryl's it "yes".

If you want to answer differently, that's your privilege. Good luck arguing that Ranka is every bit as mature as Sheryl.
If Ranka's not mature enough to make that kind of choice, then she isn't mature enough to date Alto, either. Good luck trying to argue that Ranka isn't mature enough to date Leon but is mature enough to date Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Damn right it does. Ranka and Sheryl are different, so I treat them differently. We're not a bunch of lawmakers arguing over age of consent laws. I'm saying "I don't want to see Ranka date Leon". But notice I don't protest against it terribly much on the grounds of "It's wrong! Wrong, I tell you, for a girl so young to date someone so old!". On that subject, I'm more "Eh. Doesn't feel right."
Sure. That's a fine feeling right there. It's irrational, and it's honest. It doesn't feel right for me either.

Likewise, the reason why you have no problem putting Sheryl in that situation is simply because you just don't care as much about her. That's a fine sentiment to have too.

All this stuff about "Well, I've weighed the pros and cons of the situation, and my analysis leads to the conclusion that..." is utter nonsense. It's justification after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Again, there is a difference between being one's subordinate against being merely colleagues. That is the major difference between her relationship with Alto and her relationship with Leon. The one that, to me, spells "wrong". The reason I added that bit about closeness is that I do have reserves against close colleagues dating. It can get weird, especially after a break up. But note, they're merely reserves. As long as they're responsible adults and pros, I think it's up to them to decide and take their responsibilities.
For the previous point, though, you made a big deal about Ranka not being a mature adult, and that she wasn't ready to take responsibility for her choices. So on that principle, I would expect that you would be equally "reserved" about a relationship between Ranka and Alto.

Usually the problem with dating a boss is a conflict of interest issue. But that's not relevant to Ranka, because she sits outside of the rank structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Saying "it feels a bit icky" is not fighting it "fiercely". I'm explaining my reasons, because you accuse me of being irrational and unfair.
Opinions are inevitably irrational and unfair. I wouldn't dream of faulting you for that. But someone who appears to be "fair" doesn't have opinions that are any more valid than someone who appears to be "unfair".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, note: there's a difference between "I don't like it" and "it's wrong".
Sure. "It's wrong" means that "I don't like it and you've no choice but to dislike it too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
This being so , I have read all the threads concerning macross and wanted to participate.
But I appreciate more, Ranka's character than Sheryl 's. After reading what hapenned with ani d and anh minh the few peope who weren't for Sheryl I think I will pass.
Looks like you must be a Sheryl's fan to be accepted here because on the other side there isn't a single soul anymore.
I'm a fan of Ranka's too. Why do you care whether other people accept you or not? Just call it as you see it, as honestly as you can. Even if they don't agree, you'll always win their respect.
erfine is offline  
Old 2008-08-05, 14:43   Link #1080
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
With all due respect...

Things have been de-evolving way too quickly into personal attacks on this board lately... just look at half the postings over the course of the past 3 hours. It's not even relevant what 'side' it is; and honestly... I'm no saint, but it's one thing to call out someone on their arguments, entirely another to disrespect someone as a person, regardless of your opinion on them, or their point of view. We're supposed to be enjoying this show, and for that matter enjoying being able to discuss it, last I checked.
And by the end of the show, we will find out what we've been through, our arguments, debates, anger, and every emotion we express toward this show had been pointless, that and the outcome of the show had no impact whatsoever to our well being in real life.

Nonetheless, before that time comes:

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.


We fight on!

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.