AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-16, 16:22   Link #181
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I am beginning with Macross 7 ( anything to bridge the long wait between Frontier episodes <sob, whine> ), and I must say, being at episode 5, I am enjoying the campiness of it all more than I expected. As long as I ignore the atrocious animation, bad music and that idiot Basara, that is... Oh, well, who knows if it will get better.
HEY!! thats classic anime music you are dissing!
the rest...I agree on >>
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:02   Link #182
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I am beginning with Macross 7 ( anything to bridge the long wait between Frontier episodes <sob, whine> ), and I must say, being at episode 5, I am enjoying the campiness of it all more than I expected. As long as I ignore the atrocious animation, bad music and that idiot Basara, that is... Oh, well, who knows if it will get better.
Around episode ~12 it starts picking up, and then around... ~24? or so it really starts picking up. It's not a serious mecha show at all, but it's a really, really fun show, and has alot of heart.

I still kind of wonder who's playing the harmonica, though...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:06   Link #183
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
heart?
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=164
(sorry I could not resist) hehehehehe

I do love M7 for a fun based anime show with mechs.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:09   Link #184
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I am beginning with Macross 7 ( anything to bridge the long wait between Frontier episodes <sob, whine> ), and I must say, being at episode 5, I am enjoying the campiness of it all more than I expected. As long as I ignore the atrocious animation, bad music and that idiot Basara, that is... Oh, well, who knows if it will get better.

Oh the music is great actually!

It's music that you can either strum along with or pick up on the guitar riffs rather quickly...especially Basara and Mylene's "Holy Lonely Night"...awesome song!


And you can't diss Emilia's "Heart and Soul" that is just the epitome of "Emilia Greatness" along with her "Flash in the Dark." (Only found in the Macross 7 movie)

Took me a year and a half to learn to sing Heart and Soul LOL.

True most of the episodes are a bit cheesy but it really picks up.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 23:03   Link #185
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I know that Miho Miho was in VFX but...

Spoiler for VFX:


When the heck did she became a knockout? Oh I think she grew her bust too in a year after Macross 7.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 00:22   Link #186
.Mero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I know that Miho Miho was in VFX but...

Spoiler for VFX:


When the heck did she became a knockout? Oh I think she grew her bust too in a year after Macross 7.
Miho always had ko potential if i recall correct, maybe she finally took some advice from Sally ^^
.Mero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 08:34   Link #187
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Heh didn't Millia try to set Miho Miho up with Gamlin during that one ep where she thought she was dieing?

Gamlin was one of her start students, no way she'd try to set him up with some one that couldn't end up "sexy like mommy".
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 09:07   Link #188
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Heh didn't Millia try to set Miho Miho up with Gamlin during that one ep where she thought she was dieing?

Gamlin was one of her start students, no way she'd try to set him up with some one that couldn't end up "sexy like mommy".
I like the way you say it like Miho is another daughter of Millia.

Yeah well Millia said that to Basara trying to set him up with Mylene, being a mom that intefered too much with her daughters affairs no wonder they left the house. Two becoming rockstars.

Lol at Flower girl at the time of their conversation figeting about the proposed marriage.

Gamlin was like... Aww hell weren't you setting me up with your underage daughter before? What a bridge officer? She looks like a loli. I'm not Hikaru Ichigyo who juggles between a bridge officer and a pop idol. Besides I saw this girl once with my squad captain!


Too bad the VFX pilot doesn't have a name. From there we can make a fictional love triangle with Miho Miho and Aoi Tsuwabuki.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:01   Link #189
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I know that Miho Miho was in VFX but...

Spoiler for VFX:


When the heck did she became a knockout? Oh I think she grew her bust too in a year after Macross 7.
Wait, what now?!

Details. Must have details! What the heck is the story behind this?!
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:37   Link #190
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait, what now?!

Details. Must have details! What the heck is the story behind this?!
2047 the same year Basara went Space Whale singing on Zola. The same year Dr. Mao Nome, Ranshe Mei and Grace O'Connor work on the V-type virus and Vajra research in the 117th fleet.

Rogue Zentradi kidnap a group of idol singers.

Your mission is to rescue these girls and have them perform a Minmay Attack.

Miho Miho is a bridge officer of the steath carrier Valhalla II.

Milky Dolls song Only You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEw5...eature=related

You can hear Miho Miho say Uta energy (Song energy).

Are those shoulder pads portable song energy converters?

Here's another version where the Boss Zentradi got killed DYRL Gorg Bodolzaa style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmgdaSXfp70
Protoculture!


Though if the pilot had a name I'd like to imagine a love triangle between him, Miho Miho and Aoi Tsuwabuki.

The rest of the Milky Dolls and bridge bunnies joining in would make a harem though.

Better keep it at the basics.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 11:07   Link #191
G1Ace
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I know that Miho Miho was in VFX but...

Spoiler for VFX:


When the heck did she became a knockout? Oh I think she grew her bust too in a year after Macross 7.
is that flower girl/basara fan girl I see?
Her name is Karen Allen?
G1Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 11:21   Link #192
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
No way flower girl matured that much in a year.

But adult flower girl did show up in Macross Frontier manga at Sheryl's Sayonara Live.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 11:30   Link #193
G1Ace
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
No way flower girl matured that much in a year.

But adult flower girl did show up in Macross Frontier manga at Sheryl's Sayonara Live.
seriously? but she's not in ep 6-7 of frontier right?
I always found flower girl to be kind of sad, in some instances she was even out of touch (concert with geriatrics/kids)
G1Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 11:39   Link #194
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
She didn't show up in the episode.

But you have to admire her persistence and Basara homing ability.

Mylene and Gamlin should just bring her with them whenever Basara goes wandering the galaxy again.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:11   Link #195
Lockgar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Why is Macross 7 hated?

Why is Macross 7 hated?

I started watching the first 2 episodes, and found that the premise is much more interesting then Macross F. "The main character is a 21 year old rock band member who sings while piloting his mecha successfully. Who is actually doing it because he wants everyone to see how awesome he is, while fighting other giant robots." While in Macross F "We have your typical angst teenager, who hates his dad, and rushes off the become a pilot, because he wants to protect a girl he just met from the aliens in star shiptroopers"

"I am only comparing premises, not the overall plots of series both shows."

To me the former sounds a lot more interesting then the latter. However, I haven't watched Macross 7 aside from the first 2 episodes, so the rest of the series could be extremely boring for all I know. So why is it hated? Was it boring, was it silly? Is it actually loved by all, and the sites I visited where just a vocal Minority? I would assume Macross 7 was actually liked since it apparently made a several spin offs relating specifically to it.
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:22   Link #196
lars18th
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockgar View Post
Why is Macross 7 hated?

I started watching the first 2 episodes, and found that the premise is much more interesting then Macross F. "The main character is a 21 year old rock band member who sings while piloting his mecha successfully. Who is actually doing it because he wants everyone to see how awesome he is, while fighting other giant robots." While in Macross F "We have your typical angst teenager, who hates his dad, and rushes off the become a pilot, because he wants to protect a girl he just met from the aliens in star shiptroopers"

"I am only comparing premises, not the overall plots of series both shows."

To me the former sounds a lot more interesting then the latter. However, I haven't watched Macross 7 aside from the first 2 episodes, so the rest of the series could be extremely boring for all I know. So why is it hated? Was it boring, was it silly? Is it actually loved by all, and the sites I visited where just a vocal Minority? I would assume Macross 7 was actually liked since it apparently made a several spin offs relating specifically to it.
Your synopsis for both series is so negative and shallow it pretty much makes both shows sound equally horrible.
lars18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:31   Link #197
Lockgar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars18th View Post
Your synopsis for both series is so negative and shallow it pretty much makes both shows sound equally horrible.


I was trying to make a description it in one sentence, of course it sounds "shallow". Anything sounds shallow when you try to describe it in one sentence. I didn't want to make a several paragraph long post about Macross F. I also couldn't make a long description about Macross 7, with only seeing two episodes unless I made an entire summary of both episodes. Also, you didn't answer my question.

Also note when I said "I am only comparing premises, not the overall plots of series both shows."

"The premise of a film or screenplay is the fundamental concept that drives the plot." Not a summary of the series.

Last edited by Lockgar; 2008-10-06 at 09:42.
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:47   Link #198
lars18th
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockgar View Post
"The premise of a film or screenplay is the fundamental concept that drives the plot." Not a summary of the series.
To tell you the truth, I lost interest in Macross 7 halfway through the show so it would be unfair for me to give you an overall opinion on it.

Regardless, what you wrote up there is not the premise of Macross Frontier.
lars18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:03   Link #199
Lockgar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars18th View Post
To tell you the truth, I lost interest in Macross 7 halfway through the show so it would be unfair for me to give you an overall opinion on it.


Regardless, what you wrote up there is not the premise of Macross Frontier.
Fair enough,

I think it described the main characters drive for most of the series. His self-conflicts, and his issues with his father are constantly being enforced throughout the series, and his main reason for joining
Spoiler for Macross Frontier:
largely attributed to Ranka in the first episode,
Spoiler for Macross Frontier:
Well, in any case,

Macross 7, why is it hated?

Last edited by Lockgar; 2008-10-06 at 10:33.
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:41   Link #200
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockgar View Post

Well, in any case,

Macross 7, why is it hated?
It's not that it's hated. The series lack many things. It's a good overall series but it's not something Macross world can be proud of. There is little to no character development. The pacing of the series is horrid, you can fall asleep and wake up a few episodes later and you still know what's going on. Presentation of the plot is nowhere near as good as in other series.
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.