AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-01, 03:34   Link #61
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka
To me, Shinn was a star character of Destiny. The one with great potential, but wasted. The rest was just wasted almost from the beginning. The first euphoric 5 episodes passed and everything started to get worse, except from Shinn who was just discarded in the end.
Pretty much.
Except I think he shoo'ed potential fans away when he scolded Cagalli. I was hoping for him to be an arrogant little brat who at least knows how to think. Eg.. when he stayed with Athrun during the colony drop, that was fine.

PS: The Joker was awesome.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 21:29   Link #62
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A-LAWLS Base (orly?)
sigh the first 10 eps were great, startergies, etc. After that it went downhill. Especially with shinn, he was a great character, until kira appeared and stole the spotlight. Shinn is a 3D character who was rolly-polly'ed by kira.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 03:33   Link #63
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Shin always seemed a little too whiny for my liking. I like his Destiny mech though. Even if it seems like such a hack job.

Destiny Designer 1: Quick! I need a good idea for a super Mech for Shin to pilot mid-series

Destiny Designer 2: No idea. Let's go with what works. Slap a big sword, big cannon and big wings on it

Destiny Designer 1: Ok. lol
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 07:09   Link #64
bleachfanxd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I think Shin is as good as Kira.
bleachfanxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 09:52   Link #65
Eagles
Char clone
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Ah yes. I missed that.
Doesn't really matter though. He was handicapped, by himself. Of course, he lost. But I think this was about who was more skillful. How does defeating a person, totally not interested in fighting or even killing you, distracted and by preparing cum training in simulation battles with the ability to replace parts count as skillful?
you do have a point, I guess can't help but fanboy over that fight. I wish more gundam pilots would do some creative tricks like Shinn did in that fight, you know throw his shield and reflect his beam, ram kira with his core splendor and throw his old parts at freedom. Those kind of tricks get me giddy in a way that Kira in Strike was unable to. That's probably why I say I thought Shinn was better than Kira, Impulse vs. Strike.

Quote:
It's like you level up and max out all of your status in a RPG and going to whack the final boss once and boom, he's dead. No challenge.
I guess thats one way of putting it.

Quote:
If I'm not wrong, it's just about who's more skillful. It doesn't have to be decisive.
Kira managed to get a hit on Shinn(when he was dodging his DRAGOONs) before the chest cannon attack, and he wasn't in SEED mode.
Ah, I see your point. With neither of them in SEED mode and both with their WoL Kira was better, you're right.


Quote:
Yet Kira was distracted when he rushed to him with his ASS. Not to mention it's far-fetched how the beam in the ASS can stretch out far to penetrate Freedom's Phase Shift. Plus Kira chopped off Impulse's head. If he wants to he could slash at the cockpit. Bye Shinn.
eh, lets not go down this path again, we'll just say that it wasn't a fair fight

*****************************


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Eagles - "Why so serious?" The fact that we tend to disagree on many matters does not mean we always have different opinions.
very true, very true.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 11:34   Link #66
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles
I wish more gundam pilots would do some creative tricks like Shinn did in that fight, you know throw his shield and reflect his beam, ram kira with his core splendor and throw his old parts at freedom. Those kind of tricks get me giddy in a way that Kira in Strike was unable to. That's probably why I say I thought Shinn was better than Kira, Impulse vs. Strike.
Other Gundam pilots couldn't do as Shinn did because they cannot replace parts with ease.
Let's put that to a fact that Shinn is using what he has efficiently, but you won't see that performed by other Gundam pilots unless the Gundam they're piloting has the same mechanics as Impulse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles
eh, lets not go down this path again, we'll just say that it wasn't a fair fight
Sure
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 21:19   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Other Gundam pilots couldn't do as Shinn did because they cannot replace parts with ease.
Let's put that to a fact that Shinn is using what he has efficiently, but you won't see that performed by other Gundam pilots unless the Gundam they're piloting has the same mechanics as Impulse.

See Usso Evin...

See V Gundam...

See Spot Run...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 04:48   Link #68
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
See Usso Evin...

See V Gundam...

See Spot Run...
I thought we are talking about CE Gundam pilots here...
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 06:06   Link #69
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I thought we are talking about CE Gundam pilots here...
Off-topicness and referring to other Gundam series is the essence of any Gundam related thread in this world!

Oh, and btw, Saviour was wasted. Too bad. I loved how it can turn into an MA and have two powerful plasma cannons. It's melee capabilities is also decent. Athrun wasn't serious in it though. As much as I love Freedom, seeing it chop Saviour to sushi made me grimace.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 09:56   Link #70
Eagles
Char clone
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Other Gundam pilots couldn't do as Shinn did because they cannot replace parts with ease.
Let's put that to a fact that Shinn is using what he has efficiently, but you won't see that performed by other Gundam pilots unless the Gundam they're piloting has the same mechanics as Impulse.
I don't mean just the parts tricks, I mean the shield thowing and the beam reflecting too, or in an earlier fight where he dropped under water to dodge an attack.

*************************************

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
See Usso Evin...

See V Gundam...

See Spot Run...
The only gundam I haven't watched, I'll get to it eventually.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 05:02   Link #71
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
See Usso Evin...

See V Gundam...

See Spot Run...
Not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles
I don't mean just the parts tricks, I mean the shield thowing and the beam reflecting too, or in an earlier fight where he dropped under water to dodge an attack.
Exactly. He could afford to throw it because Impulse can replace parts.
Dropped under water? Do you mean the fight with Auel? Anyways.. I don't really remember it so I won't comment about that.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 06:48   Link #72
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Exactly. He could afford to throw it because Impulse can replace parts.
Dropped under water? Do you mean the fight with Auel? Anyways.. I don't really remember it so I won't comment about that.
Yup, it was during the fight with Auel.

Somehow the Impulse Shinn also left a much stronger impression on me than Kira in Strike. It was this way of solving problems... maybe more showy, maybe more complex, maybe more funded But definitely better, IMO
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 08:15   Link #73
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yup, it was during the fight with Auel.

Somehow the Impulse Shinn also left a much stronger impression on me than Kira in Strike. It was this way of solving problems... maybe more showy, maybe more complex, maybe more funded But definitely better, IMO
Poor Auel. . . May he rest in peace with his extremely gay shirt

Shinn could afford to be more showy simply because he had a better mobile suit. If Kira could afford to throw his shield at someone, something not possible because he was being gangbanged by 4 mobile suits during his time at the Strike. Underwater combats were near impossible for him and he was only saved by his own brains.

Plus, Shinn is an official graduate of the ZAFT military academy, while Kira is just some newbie with talent.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 04:40   Link #74
Eagles
Char clone
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Ah, again I have to agree wtih Sir Dearka, Shinn was more showy. Kira in Strike did show some serious skill, but it's harder to get excited when he's slapping his keyboard in order to adjust to his surroundings. And Kira with daggers doing his best to survive was certainly impressive, but it doesn't stand out in the way Shinn at his best did to me.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 05:57   Link #75
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
However Flashy /= skill
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 10:53   Link #76
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
I doubt anyone remembers the part where Kira slashed precisely across Yzak's beamsaber :/
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 13:16   Link #77
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
I doubt anyone remembers the part where Kira slashed precisely across Yzak's beamsaber :/
You're right, I don't remember that part. When did that happened?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 13:21   Link #78
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
I doubt anyone remembers the part where Kira slashed precisely across Yzak's beamsaber :/
I remember that. Talk about being outclassed.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:33   Link #79
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Poor Auel. . . May he rest in peace with his extremely gay shirt

Shinn could afford to be more showy simply because he had a better mobile suit.
Juat as I said. More funded. More flashy. More complex. I liked it very much.

Kira in Strike was great, especially his feats against the other four of the GAT-X series. Still, what Shinn did in Impulse to the entire EA fleet, his "tunnel rush" during the desert mission, fight with Auel, Orb forces annihilation and legendary Freedom pwnage... it was just plain awesome :]
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 09:04   Link #80
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
You're right, I don't remember that part. When did that happened?
It should be Phase 25 if I'm not wrong.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.