AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-11, 09:20   Link #861
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
No no, not that part.

I'm blaming him for the part of taking the Freja out to battle in the first place.

A hillbilly boy once cried "Ah downt noe twas loaded, pa!!" after blowing his brother's head off while playing cowboys and indians with his little brother with a real fucking shotgun. "Ah didunt meen tah do it pa!!" complained the little George Bush lookalike.

Well, that little redneck inbred, just like Suzy-boy, ought to never have held the damn gun in the first place, should they now?
Look at it this way Ronin. Would it have been better if he'd refused to take it/drops it somewhere as soon as he launches, another Britannian winds up getting it, fires it, and Suzaku goes "well I'm completely blameless here, I had nothing to do with its firing, it was the other guys fault" and continues with his life? Isn't that the same hypocritical attitude people hated him for in season 1?

Instead he took the best choice. He accepted it and kept it on him at all times because HE KNEW HE WOULD NOT USE IT. When it came down to using it or dying he opted for death except the Geass kicked in and made him fire it. Whatever he does under Geass's influence he's not accountable for because Geass doesn't let its victims act rationally or think about their actions. They just react in most efficent manner possible which is almost always fatal.

So Suzaku carrying it was probably the best choice in that situation.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:23   Link #862
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

What a fantastic episode so many great things happening Kallen back, new Guren, Luciano dead, Suzaku pawned, Fleija unleashed and Nunnally and sayako presumed dead.

Sunrise i applaud you its the first EP since R2 Ep 2 that i've gave a 10 too.

Did anyone else find the way luciano died delicously satisfying or was it just me? The way kallen toyed with him like he did with that poor OotBK last EP was just so wonderfully arrogant and fitting i couldn't help grinning from ear to ear. Never mind Suzaku getting his ass handed to him that was the best bit this EP.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:24   Link #863
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Nope. Genocide is wrong after all.

Until the Britanians start treating the Japanese like human beings, AND acknowledging that they are guests on Japanese soil, NOT its owners.
Well I'd like to see that happen to but someone is always gonna have the bigger gun and thus will have to bow down to the other to some certain extent.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:24   Link #864
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Look at it this way Ronin. Would it have been better if he'd refused to take it/drops it somewhere as soon as he launches, another Britannian winds up getting it, fires it, and Suzaku goes "well I'm completely blameless here, I had nothing to do with its firing, it was the other guys fault" and continues with his life? Isn't that the same hypocritical attitude people hated him for in season 1?

Instead he took the best choice. He accepted it and kept it on him at all times because HE KNEW HE WOULD NOT USE IT. When it came down to using it or dying he opted for death except the Geass kicked in and made him fire it. Whatever he does under Geass's influence he's not accountable for because Geass doesn't let its victims act rationally or think about their actions. They just react in most efficent manner possible which is almost always fatal.

So Suzaku carrying it was probably the best choice in that situation.
You know, now that you put it that way, and watching the episode again, I suddenly felt another sliver of pity for him.

For the second time in 2 episodes, his reverence for his Samurai heritage shone through, reminding him that his death will be an honorable one...

...before the cynical honorless athiest westernism imposed by Lelouch's Geass once more crushed what was left of his Eastern Warrior Honor.

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:27   Link #865
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Nina and Schniezel are the biggest culprits of the incident. Suzaku ain't scotfree either, he CHOSE to bare the responsibility of freija when he took the Lancelot equipped with it. Since he chose the responsibility, he holds some ground to it. Lelouch is blamed only by his ignorance.
I agree with you. So is it safe to call Suzaku the massacre Knight. I don't know what to call Nina other than a crazied psycho b*tch. I think Nina's days are numbered.

I know why Lelouch put the live geass on Suzaku back in R1 was to keep his suicidal friend from killing himself. Now that they are bitter enemies, should Lelouch have Jeremiah use the geass canceler on him. Another thing when dum a** Suzaku was getting beat down by Kallen hadn't start thinking he was going to die the live geass would have never activated.

I just don't think that Nunnally and Sayoko are dead. If Rolo had time to steal a Sutherland and hover outside the government building then they had time to take off. If Rolo escaped FREIJA then they should have as well. I just think that after they escaped FREIJA blast zone that they crashed somewhere.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:38   Link #866
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

[QUOTE=Aquaman OS;1795465]
Instead he took the best choice. He accepted it and kept it on him at all times because HE KNEW HE WOULD NOT USE IT. When it came down to using it or dying he opted for death except the Geass kicked in and made him fire it. Whatever he does under Geass's influence he's not accountable for because Geass doesn't let its victims act rationally or think about their actions. They just react in most efficent manner possible which is almost always fatal. [QUOTE]

Suzaku knows that the live geass kicks in as soon as he is about to die though, as soon as he realised the end was near he should have threw fleija as far away as possible to remove the possibilty of him using it when his geass goes into action.

Him holding onto to it until the end was not big or brave , it was completely retarded, he should have been able to figure out what would've happened as soon as he started to get his ass handed to him by kallen.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:40   Link #867
Sports72Xtrm

[QUOTE=ZeroSama;1795498][QUOTE=Aquaman OS;1795465]
Quote:

Suzaku knows that the live geass kicks in as soon as he is about to die though, as soon as he realised the end was near he should have threw fleija as far away as possible to remove the possibilty of him using it when his geass goes into action.

Him holding onto to it until the end was not big or brave , it was completely retarded, he should have been able to figure out what would've happened as soon as he started to get his ass handed to him by kallen.
He cannot throw it away because someone would pick it up.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:43   Link #868
Aquaman OS

There's also the chance someone crashes on it or accidentally hits it and it goes off like that. Leaving a WMD lying there is a very bad idea.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:47   Link #869
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
There's also the chance someone crashes on it or accidentally hits it and it goes off like that. Leaving a WMD lying there is a very bad idea.
Fire it into the sky then away from everyone then, thereby causing no casualities. It doesn't actually have to hit anything to start the reaction as shown this EP so there's no chance of it falling down to earth and blowing tokyo up.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:49   Link #870
Aquaman OS

Judging from the size of the hole he'd have to shoot it into the upper atmosphere for it to have no casualties. I don't think it can shoot that high.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:49   Link #871
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Fire it into the sky then away from everyone then, thereby causing no casualities. It doesn't actually have to hit anything to start the reaction as shown this EP so there's no chance of it falling down to earth and blowing tokyo up.
That's a bad idea. First of all it's a bomb who's blast radius he doesn't know. Secondly, what happens if that drops back down? That would seem stupid right?
Old 2008-08-11, 10:08   Link #872
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Wow crazy episode... To think I had completely forgotten to check until an hour or two ago!

My take;

Anyway, first and foremost, Nunnally dieing. I can't really say I expected it, at least not like that. Poor girl. Although I wonder if (he somehow inherited V.V's uber-hax teleport) Charles could have saved her. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Freyja is one crazy bomb, though it went off differently then I expected, a little better in someways. It was so clean, more like a disintegration field rather then an explosion.

Suzaku's Geass got the better of him it seems, Lelouche should have known better then to try and kill him, he knew Suzaku had some kind of ace in the hole, maybe he wasn't expecting something quite like that, or had hoped that Karren would have offed him before he could use it.

So many people died this episode it was crazy. What happened to Anya to, she just wigged out and disappeared. And the new Gurran looks pretty cool.

next episode looks like Lulu is going to go on a rampage, will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:10   Link #873
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

It is pretty much implied by Lelouch's silence in this week's preview and Suzaku's laughter in said preview that they have both mentally gone officially Crackerjacks.

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:11   Link #874
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Padded room fun times for the pair of em imo.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:12   Link #875
Sinn
Pwnage

Yeah i was like, err...where's Lelouch?
Old 2008-08-11, 10:15   Link #876
Karappo

Am I the only one who sees Nina as a more human(ie no super geass powered) Lelouch? I mean look at it this way:
Both have a strong hate for a singular person
Both have a twisted sense of justice
Both have someone special they lost to the one they hate
Both have manipulated people into doing things against their will
Both have caused thousands, if not millions of casualties
Both could care less if an innocent dies, as long as their stigma dies, all is well

Plus, how can no one enjoy Ms. Mastubate-In-The-Student-Council-Room?
It may be just me, but Nina and Lelouch's personalities are getting closer every second.
Karappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:19   Link #877
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
That's a bad idea. First of all it's a bomb who's blast radius he doesn't know. Secondly, what happens if that drops back down? That would seem stupid right?
If it could ever happen, then those scientists of Britania are all dumbass.

Also Suzaku is still stupid, for not knowing about the weapon he carries. And it's not some gun you pick up on the battlefield, but a high tech destructive bomb.

WHy didn't he just fly up in the sky then shot it?

After everything, Suzaku is still just an indecisive self centered guy. Yes, he did think about the consequences of firing fleaja, but he also did chose to carry fleaja and the responsibility of it himself. And what is the last thing he think of at the last moment? Everytime he's faced death it's just some shit call atonement. "I must die to atone for my sins". If he ever thought: "I must die to not misuse fleaja" it would be tolerable.

Also a notice: high tech bombs often don't simply explode due to impact.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:20   Link #878
Sinn
Pwnage

But Nina isn't as smart as Lelouch, strategy, i mean. Lelouch don't bark at people to do what he wants.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:20   Link #879
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

It may be true in a part, but Lelouch can reason and he keeps his thoughts to himself. Nina never liked anyone else besides her "goddess".
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:25   Link #880
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
It may be true in a part, but Lelouch can reason and he keeps his thoughts to himself. Nina never liked anyone else besides her "goddess".
Well Nina is no different from the fanboy posters from animesuki.