AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-11, 21:13   Link #1041
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalMelody View Post
Leadership is to a certain extent the name of the game, but is not everything. Lelouch's exceptional leadership was shown vulnerable when confronted with super h4x Suzaku on Lancelot, practically rendering Lelouch's plans and tactics useless.
As a note, Suzaku does not have leadership skills and is not even a leader, yet he still manages to ruin a lot of Lelouch's plans solely relying on h4x piloting skills. Leadership is important, but so does h4x piloting skills.
If leadership is not the name of the game in Code Geass Lulu is going to lose out to Suzaku then
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:15   Link #1042
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
XDDD. Ok relax prick.
Maybe you didn't read your post. I was making the examples about kallen in order to make a point " The better machine always wins", but she was only made as an example.
You said " Cornelia didn't stand a chance against kallen" and all that I said was to prove that's just "NOT" true since cornelia was always fighting against with a superior machine, just like noone could defeat lancelot.
So whatever is that you think I "assume" well was only made as an example in a sarcastic comparison to GSD.
Hah. I didn't read my own post? Get real.

Piloting skill and superior weaponry go hand in hand. Suzaku and Kallen have equal piloting skills. But even if the better machine wins in the end, their skills can still save their hide for an extended amount of time. What did Cornelia do? She got her ass handed back to her in moments, and then tried to uselessly throw her life away--with an unarmed machine, no less--and as such she would've lost had it not been for Suzaku.

So frankly, she didn't stand a chance against Kallen, and the episode displayed it.

As for assumptions? You assumed that I believed that she was better than Gino and Anya and Suzaku, which I said I didn't. You did say to me "According to you". Next time, I might not be so hostile towards you if you didn't act like such an asshole in your post.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:16   Link #1043
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
In the entire show we've never seen another unit besides her's protect Zero.

Case and point were the hell was her unit when Anya/Bradley/Valkeries were busying raping Lulu.
Urabe pretty much saved LL in epi 1, as a matter of fact if he hadn't been there he would've died since the only thing he did was to shot and rolo was almost stabbing him.
__________________
Ceazar Vi Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:16   Link #1044
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
This isn't a democracy. This is Britannia. Numbers are scum. That's policy set by the Emperor himself. You don't change the laws in monarchies unless you remove the leader.

In your original post you say everyone is guilty of war crimes, yet now you focus on Kallen as if Britannia has suddenly done no wrong. Yes, she is a criminal in their eyes. So what? This is war. The winner determines what is right.
Analyzation from the future does. Look at my beloved USA, we're practically the hyperpower of the world and THERES ALOT OF WRONG SHIT WE DO! History will no doubt judge us as one of the most cruel empires of the world supporting dictatorships in the name of power.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:17   Link #1045
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
Analyzation from the future does. Look at my beloved USA, we're practically the hyperpower of the world and THERES ALOT OF WRONG SHIT WE DO! History will no doubt judge us as one of the most cruel empires of the world supporting dictatorships in the name of power.
I'm in the US too and I'll agree with you on that. My point was more immediate.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:17   Link #1046
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
In the entire show we've never seen another unit besides her's protect Zero.

Case and point were the hell was her unit when Anya/Bradley/Valkeries were busying raping Lulu.
Yeah, that's because her unit is Zero Unit. And if you don't remember, it was said the only surviving unit that could be dispatched to save him was Tamaki's unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
If leadership is not the name of the game in Code Geass Lulu is going to lose out to Suzaku then
We never said it wasn't the name of the game, we said it wasn't the entire game. Without leadership, you have a bunch of idiots killing each other with neither side really winning. But without soldiers following orders, you have two leaders just sitting across from each other, doing nothing.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:20   Link #1047
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
But without soldiers following orders, you have two leaders just sitting across from each other, doing nothing.
If only that we're true XD world peace ftw!
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:24   Link #1048
EternalMelody
Panzergeist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
If leadership is not the name of the game in Code Geass Lulu is going to lose out to Suzaku then
He might. We don't know yet. And I never said that leadership is not the name of the game. I said it is not everything.
__________________
剣の騎士、シグナムが魂
炎の魔剣、レバンティン


The Sword Knight, Signum. I am the soul,
and the fiery demonic sword is Lævateinn

EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:28   Link #1049
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
She led people during the Order's jail break in ep 4. They didn't do much but she did better than Suzaku in that regard who got his whole team wiped out.

To what Lulu's one button press hax.

So when Cornelia does it to V.V. its not skill but when Lulu does it at the Hostage Incident, Narita, against the JLF, Against Suzaku on the Insland, Against Cornelia at the 1st Battle for Tokyo, Against Suzaku at School, Against the Governor before Nunnally to get to the Chinese Embassy, Against Guilford During the Execution Rescue and Against Suzaku at Sea its awesome
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:29   Link #1050
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hah. I didn't read my own post? Get real.

Piloting skill and superior weaponry go hand in hand. Suzaku and Kallen have equal piloting skills. But even if the better machine wins in the end, their skills can still save their hide for an extended amount of time. What did Cornelia do? She got her ass handed back to her in moments, and then tried to uselessly throw her life away--with an unarmed machine, no less--and as such she would've lost had it not been for Suzaku.

So frankly, she didn't stand a chance against Kallen, and the episode displayed it.

As for assumptions? You assumed that I believed that she was better than Gino and Anya and Suzaku, which I said I didn't. You did say to me "According to you". Next time, I might not be so hostile towards you if you didn't act like such an asshole in your post.
MMM, I did say that, my bad. I meant "according to" what "you" say about cornelia not standing a chance then that would wrongly apply to anyone not standing a chance against kallen because they can't fight back with akatsukis.........but it was too long sooooo well whatever.

And Cornelia didn't stand a chance cause the machines were VERY unbalanced not because she sucks piloting. As a matter of fact she managed to transform one akatuski to fire at siegfried with only one hand in like 10 minutes?. So I'm thinking all this about her being inferior to kallen piloting and understanding frames is not that quite right. And yes you didn't say that allright XDDDD

Finally, me being an asshole is unfortunately something I can't change since I'm a spoiled brat and an ass to people in general , but that doesn't mean I'm being one on purpose, if that makes any sense . Actually I like you now.
__________________
Ceazar Vi Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:30   Link #1051
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Because it's not just one button. It's planning and preparation and carefully laid out strategies. Cornelia hotwired an Akatsuki and shot V.V. in the back.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:34   Link #1052
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
To what Lulu's one button press hax.

So when Cornelia does it to V.V. its not skill but when Lulu does it at the Hostage Incident, Narita, against the JLF, Against Suzaku on the Insland, Against Cornelia at the 1st Battle for Tokyo, Against Suzaku at School, Against the Governor before Nunnally to get to the Chinese Embassy, Against Guilford During the Execution Rescue and Against Suzaku at Sea its awesome
lol lol You are right. And you forgot when he stops Tokyo settlement.

But hey It is awesome isn't it.
__________________

Last edited by Ceazar Vi Brittania; 2008-08-11 at 21:37. Reason: I just realised.... we have now over 1000 post in one day lol
Ceazar Vi Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:34   Link #1053
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
MMM, I did say that, my bad. I meant "according to" what "you" say about cornelia not standing a chance then that would wrongly apply to anyone not standing a chance against kallen because they can't fight back with akatsukis.........but it was too long sooooo well whatever.

And Cornelia didn't stand a chance cause the machines were VERY unbalanced not because she sucks piloting. As a matter of fact she managed to transform one akatuski to fire at siegfried with only one hand in like 10 minutes?. So I'm thinking all this about her being inferior to kallen piloting and understanding frames is not that quite right. And yes you didn't say that allright XDDDD

Finally, me being an asshole is unfortunately something I can't change since I'm a spoiled brat and an ass to people in general , but that doesn't mean I'm being one on purpose, if that makes any sense . Actually I like you now.
As long as you can own up to your mistakes, I'm fine with that. I never said Cornelia was a bad pilot--anything but, judging by the skills she's displayed in a Gloucester--I just said Kallen's a better pilot than her, as she was able to defeat her in mere seconds, while if they were equal in skill, Cornelia could've at least extended the lifespan of her machine.

As for the Akatsuki, that's not so much piloting skills as it is mechanic skills--which just goes to show that she's not just talented in piloting and leadership. But as for piloting, she never really piloted it. She pressed a button and fired a bunch of ammo at a distracted V.V.. If anything, that Akatsuki was little more than a turret at that point. It was a brilliant display at strategy, which does take skill. But from a piloting perspective, all she did was press a button.

And yes, your statement made sense, but you can at least try to restrain it so people like me don't jump shit on you.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:37   Link #1054
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, that's because her unit is Zero Unit. And if you don't remember, it was said the only surviving unit that could be dispatched to save him was Tamaki's unit.
Seriously are you sure she has her own squad?

In episode 18 R1 when zero was giving out assignments you're certain he gave kallen a unit of men to command or did he in fact tell her that she will his personal unit to protect him "Zero"?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:37   Link #1055
EternalMelody
Panzergeist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
And Cornelia didn't stand a chance cause the machines were VERY unbalanced not because she sucks piloting. As a matter of fact she managed to transform one akatuski to fire at siegfried with only one hand in like 10 minutes?. So I'm thinking all this about her being inferior to kallen piloting and understanding frames is not that quite right. And yes you didn't say that allright XDDDD
Well, I think understanding frames is different with piloting skills. Just like in racing teams, they have racers and technicians. Sure the technicians know better about the working of the parts, but when it comes to driving, of course the racer would be better.
__________________
剣の騎士、シグナムが魂
炎の魔剣、レバンティン


The Sword Knight, Signum. I am the soul,
and the fiery demonic sword is Lævateinn

EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:40   Link #1056
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Seriously are you sure she has her own squad?

In episode 18 R1 when zero was giving out assignments you're certain he gave kallen a unit of men to command or did he in fact tell her that she will his personal unit to protect him "Zero"?
Yes, she has her own squad and she is the captain. Remember that guy Asahina talked to that was killed in 18? He was the vice-captain. That entire unit massacring the Geass Cult was Squad Zero.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:42   Link #1057
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Seriously are you sure she has her own squad?

In episode 18 R1 when zero was giving out assignments you're certain he gave kallen a unit of men to command or did he in fact tell her that she will his personal unit to protect him "Zero"?
Episode 18, R1, 3:20

Zero: Kallen Kozuki, you will be the leader of the Zero Unit.
Kallen: Zero Unit?
Zero: Unit Zero will be under my direct control. Think of it as my Honor Guard.
Kallen: Zero's Honor Guard...

The "direct control" bit meant that he told its leader its duties, but she was in command of how it accomplishes those duties.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:42   Link #1058
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yes, she has her own squad and she is the captain. Remember that guy Asahina talked to that was killed in 18? He was the vice-captain. That entire unit massacring the Geass Cult was Squad Zero.
Zero's squad indeed since neither Asahina nor Kallen were there to lead them
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:43   Link #1059
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Zero's squad indeed since neither Asahina nor Kallen were there to lead them
There's this thing called "Chain of Command" and its there for a reason. If the current leader is unable to lead, the next one in line takes command, right down to the last man.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:44   Link #1060
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Asahina isn't a member of Squad Zero. He leads one of the other squads.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.