AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-11, 21:45   Link #1061
EternalMelody
Panzergeist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Seriously are you sure she has her own squad?

In episode 18 R1 when zero was giving out assignments you're certain he gave kallen a unit of men to command or did he in fact tell her that she will his personal unit to protect him "Zero"?
She also lead the rescue squad in R2 ep4 when they are freeing the old OotBK members from execution. (You can actually see that the KMF squad followed her, not just words)
__________________
剣の騎士、シグナムが魂
炎の魔剣、レバンティン


The Sword Knight, Signum. I am the soul,
and the fiery demonic sword is Lævateinn

EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:47   Link #1062
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I not saying what she did was unforgivable but unlawful.
ya arguments getting crossed... got a little confused since you were replying to someone who was replying to Ceazar's comment that Kallen did "Unforgivable" things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
But that's not what I meant, You see I personally hate her ever since she abandoned LL at stage 25, and the way she is towards britannia in general. A bit hypocrite, she is one day best friends with nunally and gino and then she is a bitch to suzaku and homicide genius, it's very "selective" in her hate to britannia.
So it's wrong to say "not all britanians are evil"?
What Kallen is doing is not hypocritical, as she has never claimed that ALL Britanians are evil, must be destroyed and so forth.

Just because they are britanians does not mean that Kallen must be blind to their better qualities and able to except that they are not evil. Nunnally has never done anything to deserve anyone's hatred and has actually been the one of the most supportive people for the japanese (hell she did all she could to make sure kallen was well treated)... Gino, while he may be one of the knights of the round when he met with kallen he was actually looking out for her best interests (while suzaku was threatning to drug her, and the homicidal maniac was threatening to kill her; not to mention though she kind of likes him, she's still more than willing to take him down on the battlefield. Hating them based on nothing more than the fact that they are "britanian" would be the equal of nina's hate for the japanese. That kind of thinking would be down right racist...

Quote:
Well, If they have a bit a memory, Kirihara saw zero's true identity and told them to trust in them, he was at the time, a very japanese idol to the terrorists and there was Ougi, kallen, tamaki and other important OBK present at the time.

Then you have Urabe who was a "holy sword", after finding zero was a student and a britannian (prince wasn't so clear at the time) student, he was all like "who cares", without Zero we are reduced to recycle garbage. Kallen was most likely aware of the fact that he was a prince and she also said she didn't trust "the likes of him", but she was willing to follow zero even if he was who he is.
Sure not EVERYONE would abandon zero, but most will... Do you think the rest of the world "the non-japanese" cares what the kyoto-group thinks? even the japanese may question the groups judgement... many may not even know the specifics of the meeting, just that it resulted in getting the group's support... Kallen was friends with Lelouche for a while and knew him a bit more personally and that is something that would easily sway her to stay by his side

Urabe if i recall did not know he was a prince... He is willing to believe that a youth could be a great leader since zero has proven himself as such, and he also acknowledges that not all britanian's are the same and that there are those that would acknowledge that what britania was doing was wrong... when it comes down to it, a Britanian student has nothing to selfishly gain from fighting a war against britania (atleast nothing more than any other person fighting them); a Britanian prince on the other hand can easily be seen as someone who just wants the throne for himself... Zero did not trust him with this secret, so why should they trust his motives and reasons
Quote:
He destroyed a unarmed facility full of researchers experimenting on immortal soldiers "Is the official statement". So you are saying they can destroy the babel tower to make an escape killing civilians along the way (at least no OBK knew that they've been already killed ), but it's a sacrilege to kill Britannian unarmed people . Yeah that makes sense, specially to a former terrorist group.
The truth behind the "offical statement" will be in question now that Zero is being exposed as a man who keeps secrets and lies to his own people; not to mention that fact that they did not find any "immortal soldiers"... and the question will be raised if it was necessary to kill all of them as opposed to capture; the nature of the facility and what needed to be done will be in great question. Without knowledge of the geass, the attack looks like it was a senseless slaughter (especially when you consider the fact that children were among the slaughter)... really, we already have seen that many of zero's soldiers were not happy with that battle and many like todou would share such feelings

While Todou and others are willing to stay by zero's side because of how far he has gotten them, their opinions do not take into account to the degree of zero's actions. They do not know of his connection to the emperor, his slaughter of the researchers, the reason he abandoned them in the first season sacrificing the whole rebellion, the list just goes on... they can not deny that he is a strategic genius, but all this will tell them that he is not the kind of leader they want... with the success of the battle in japan that will trigger revolts and rebellions around the world, some may BELIEVE that they don't need Zero as much as they once did now that they have military strength that rivals Britania... they may see that zero got them where they are, but they can no longer be sure of his motives; what's the point of a revolution if it gives you king that's as bad as the last one... as one soldier said "what makes us any different than the britanians"
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:48   Link #1063
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Episode 18, R1, 3:20

Zero: Kallen Kozuki, you will be the leader of the Zero Unit.
Kallen: Zero Unit?
Zero: Unit Zero will be under my direct control. Think of it as my Honor Guard.
Kallen: Zero's Honor Guard...

The "direct control" bit meant that he told its leader its duties, but she was in command of how it accomplishes those duties.
Which sub was that? Anyway rest of the series barely reflects that, guess when the dub verison of 18 airs we can lay this to rest
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:50   Link #1064
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
We know why Asahina wasn't there and since Kallen was still held captive at the time, it's no wonder no one came to aid him with Asahina in charge.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:51   Link #1065
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Which sub was that? Anyway rest of the series barely reflects that, guess when the dub verison of 18 airs we can lay this to rest
That would be the Shinsen sub, but official sources state that Kallen commands Unit Zero. So its already been laid to rest, you're just beating a dead corpse.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:57   Link #1066
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That would be the Shinsen sub, but official sources state that Kallen commands Unit Zero. So its already been laid to rest, you're just beating a dead corpse.
Well you know what they say out of sight out of mind you got to admit sunrise did a poor job of show casing this.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:58   Link #1067
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Well you know what they say out of sight out of mind you got to admit sunrise did a poor job of show casing this.
No they haven't, its just that they focus on Lelouch, who is the main character.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:05   Link #1068
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No they haven't, its just that they focus on Lelouch, who is the main character.
Well I guess next to Zero her leadership would look like crap.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:09   Link #1069
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Well I guess next to Zero her leadership would look like crap.
Unless you're Schniezel or Xing-ke, anyone's leadership next to Zero's would look like crap.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:15   Link #1070
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unless you're Schniezel or Xing-ke, anyone's leadership next to Zero's would look like crap.
Or Charles.
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:16   Link #1071
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
The truth behind the "offical statement" will be in question now that Zero is being exposed as a man who keeps secrets and lies to his own people
Zero wears a mask... What's so surprising about him keeping secrets? Do people think his mask is glued to his head?

A masked man who have an unknown motivation is far more risky a person to work with than someone whom you know the motivation. Knowing that he is a Britannian Prince makes it easier to work with him, not less.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:16   Link #1072
Poorboy93
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Wow, Aha I think a lot people dont mind people trolling about Nina, Because everyone doesnt like her. Stupid Bitch nina
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:21   Link #1073
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unless you're Schniezel or Xing-ke, anyone's leadership next to Zero's would look like crap.
Which brings me back to why Cornelia > Kallen for one episode she made Zero tactics look like crap .

Also making sure that Suzaku was around to safe her behind
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:21   Link #1074
Orin GA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
I still don't think Nunnally/sayako crew bite the dust yet, she was on a plane a comfortable long amount of time before Suzaku fired the freya. Also freya ver 1.0 is not a spontaneous explosion, it took several minutes to kick off the chain reaction = more time to fly away.

Assume plane speed - 600km/hrs (Boeing 777 cruise speed is appox 1000km/hrs at 35,000 ft, but this is low attitude) so in 5 minutes = 50km

or Apache/Mi-28 has speed about 300km/hrs --> 5 minutes = 25km...that is plenty of distance from the ground zero to survive
Except Lelouch couldnt contact Sayako after.
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:26   Link #1075
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Which brings me back to why Cornelia > Kallen for one episode she made Zero tactics look like crap .

Also making sure that Suzaku was around to safe her behind
Schniezel is the one who made sure Suzaku was being around. They were ordered to put the Lancelot in more or less every battle. Not necessarily actually fighting, but it had to be there.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:30   Link #1076
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Which brings me back to why Cornelia > Kallen for one episode she made Zero tactics look like crap .
That's a dumb comparison. We already know Cornelia's leadership skills are better than Kallen's, but Zero had nothing to do with that. Anyways, that one instance where Zero's plans failed before hers was because his soldiers weren't following his orders--it wasn't Ohgi and Kallen's group that time.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:31   Link #1077
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
[QUOTE=Slayerx;1797283]

Quote:
So it's wrong to say "not all britanians are evil"?
What Kallen is doing is not hypocritical, as she has never claimed that ALL Britanians are evil, must be destroyed and so forth.
Me and my incomplete examples, well yeah maybe. Still I think she's got a brother complex and she forced herself to hate britannia cause she needed someone to blame for his death. You can see in one of the drama books she was smart when just a little kid and they all wanted a better life for her, but she forced herself into this and sometimes she is all " Die britannia" not really caring about who is good and evil, and other times she is like "Some are nice so why do i hate them so much". Then nisan complex pops out and she goes again "Die britannia". That's being hypocrite with herself.


Quote:
Just because they are britanians does not mean that Kallen must be blind to their better qualities and able to except that they are not evil.
Yeah, like she stopped to think about euphemia better qualities, being that she was trying the SAZ, then Euphy"kills" japanese and there she goes hating the "massacre princess" cause everyone does. She will find out later that it was all lelouch doings (I mean how come knowing about geass hasn't she realised it already), AND she will forgive him because she doesn't even know why she hates britannia herself. I know that if she did she won't forgive LL no matter what and I will eat my words.......but that ain't gonna happen.

Quote:
(while suzaku was threatning to drug her, and the homicidal maniac was threatening to kill her; not to mention though she kind of likes him, she's still more than willing to take him down on the battlefield. Hating them based on nothing more than the fact that they are "britanian" would be the equal of nina's hate for the japanese. That kind of thinking would be down right racist...
Ok she hates the psycho, I agree. But you know she doesn't really hates susaku because of the drug but rather because she feels he is the cause of everything that has been wrong with the rebellion and blames him for it, even worse she still thinks of him as a Japanese and I think she likes the dude in a way, and that's what makes her angry

Quote:
Sure not EVERYONE would abandon zero, but most will... Do you think the rest of the world "the non-japanese" cares what the kyoto-group thinks? even the japanese may question the groups judgement... many may not even know the specifics of the meeting, just that it resulted in getting the group's support... Kallen was friends with Lelouche for a while and knew him a bit more personally and that is something that would easily sway her to stay by his side
That's why I told you he couldn't say he was a prince to the non japanese people, but even then the OBK is the same as Britannia in their chain of command, so if Ougi and Toudou were to side with him like they did before, It doesn't really matters what a million shit scumbags think of him and his secrets ....so they would suck it up and follow him anyway.


Quote:
a Britanian prince on the other hand can easily be seen as someone who just wants the throne for himself... Zero did not trust him with this secret, so why should they trust his motives and reasons
They keep saying that but that's not true. Diethard would somehow manipulate everything to make it like he wants to overthrow britannia's darwinism system, given that "Lelouch Vi britannia himself claimed to give up his place as a prince at an early age, to the emperor and every witness at the time ", meaning he wasn't after the throne in any sort of way. Plus I think there is an unspoken rule to compete with your brothers but never kill royalty as Schneizel hinted somewhere. And Zero has killed them.



Quote:
The truth behind the "offical statement" will be in question now that Zero is being exposed as a man who keeps secrets and lies to his own people; not to mention that fact that they did not find any "immortal soldiers"... and the question will be raised if it was necessary to kill all of them as opposed to capture; the nature of the facility and what needed to be done will be in great question
.

But all they have now is useless data, asahina is death or missing and the dude with a name is also dead so who exactly will tell everyone they didn't find anything? It's all up to Toudou to betray him now I think.


Quote:
they may see that zero got them where they are, but they can no longer be sure of his motives; what's the point of a revolution if it gives you king that's as bad as the last one... as one soldier said "what makes us any different than the britanians"
Well that is described with only one word "Ungrateful bastards" (two actually). And please everyone in power is corrupted at the end, no matter how noble the ideals were in the first place, if they don't know that, they weren't even worth LL's time and effort.......although he was only using them
__________________
Ceazar Vi Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:33   Link #1078
Orin GA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
it could be because of all the communications being fried and also because of the bomb that went off causing a disturbance
Except Lelouch was also RIGHT NEXT to the Blast and had to be pushed or he would have been caught up in the blast. And whats the next thinhg he did? Used the radio to contaact rolo. Plus when you see a pan of the area, you dont see any nunally ship anywhere.

Im not saying she is dead for sure, but theres no she could have gotten out of there by traditional means.
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:35   Link #1079
Orin GA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
it could be because of all the communications being fried and also because of the bomb that went off causing a disturbance
Except Lelouch was also RIGHT NEXT to the Blast and had to be pushed or he would have been caught up in the blast. And whats the next thing he did? Used the radio to contact rolo. Plus when you see a pan of the area, you dont see any nunally ship anywhere.

Im not saying she is dead for sure, but theres no she could have gotten out of there by traditional means.
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:39   Link #1080
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
Me and my incomplete examples, well yeah maybe. Still I think she's got a brother complex and she forced herself to hate britannia cause she needed someone to blame for his death. Yo can see in one of the dram books she was smart and they all wanted a better life for her, but she forced herself into this and sometimes she is all " Die britannia" not really caring about who is good and evil, and other times ahe is like "they are nice so why do i get them so much". Then nisan complex pops out and she goes again "Die britannia".
Haven't read the book, but what is she saying the nice things to? The Student Council? She hates the system, not the people. The army represents the system, which is why she just calls her opponents "Britannia."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
Yeah, like she stopped to think abot euphemia better qualities, being that she was trying the SAZ, then Euphy "kills" japanese and there she goes hating the "massacre princess". She will find out later that it was all lelouch doings (I mean how come knowing about geass hasn't she realised it already), AND she will forgive him because she doesn't even know why she hates britannia. I know if she did she won't forgive LL no matter what and I will eat my words.......but that ain't gonna happen.
What does she know about Euphy? They've never met except the one time and Zero had her at gunpoint. The royal family is the epitome of the system she hates. As for the massacre, she knows Lelouch is responsible. She was listening when Suzaku said it. Furthermore, she knows who Lelouch is and what he can do from C.C.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.