AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-15, 09:22   Link #2101
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
I agree partially ( I agree about the boys are view more perverted, even if women also...) , I don't know if you read Kodomo No Jikan, but it's the little girl who is pushy and daring, not the man (teacher in that case. ^^ )

To return to Negima, when we "see" the flat chested girls, like the twins (for example but we also have Honya-chan, Yue etc. even Anya) "nude" nobody say a thing. That just seem weird to me. ( When we saw Rin from Kodomo No Jikan, everyone was shocked, and just you see the contreversory in US and everywhere about this show...)

Back to the chapters of the manga now.


EDIT @ KoroshiyaX : When you have a little girl of 10 years old and a boy of 16, here also... age difference is "large" but won't matter later.

Oh well, that's off topic anyway, sorry for that.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 10:49   Link #2102
KoroshiyaX
X
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
I agree partially ( I agree about the boys are view more perverted, even if women also...) , I don't know if you read Kodomo No Jikan, but it's the little girl who is pushy and daring, not the man (teacher in that case. ^^ )

To return to Negima, when we "see" the flat chested girls, like the twins (for example but we also have Honya-chan, Yue etc. even Anya) "nude" nobody say a thing. That just seem weird to me. ( When we saw Rin from Kodomo No Jikan, everyone was shocked, and just you see the contreversory in US and everywhere about this show...)

Back to the chapters of the manga now.


EDIT @ KoroshiyaX : When you have a little girl of 10 years old and a boy of 16, here also... age difference is "large" but won't matter later.

Oh well, that's off topic anyway, sorry for that.
lol, yeah... In PSME, the boy was 11-12, and the girl was 18, but it wasnt until the guy was like 15-16 before they started dating, if my memory serves me right... read it a long time ago.

I guess when Negima ends, they could do a time skip of a few years, and show them him with one of the girls as a couple. Doing anything now wouldn't be... moral by today's standards lol.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:25   Link #2103
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
I agree partially ( I agree about the boys are view more perverted, even if women also...) , I don't know if you read Kodomo No Jikan, but it's the little girl who is pushy and daring, not the man (teacher in that case. ^^ )

To return to Negima, when we "see" the flat chested girls, like the twins (for example but we also have Honya-chan, Yue etc. even Anya) "nude" nobody say a thing. That just seem weird to me. ( When we saw Rin from Kodomo No Jikan, everyone was shocked, and just you see the contreversory in US and everywhere about this show...)

Back to the chapters of the manga now.


EDIT @ KoroshiyaX : When you have a little girl of 10 years old and a boy of 16, here also... age difference is "large" but won't matter later.

Oh well, that's off topic anyway, sorry for that.
Those elements are just simply not in Negima. From what I've seen of Kodomo no Jikan, it's completely different. The girls are always teasing Negi because he's so innocent. It's not like they're coming on to him.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 12:26   Link #2104
KoroshiyaX
X
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Those elements are just simply not in Negima. From what I've seen of Kodomo no Jikan, it's completely different. The girls are always teasing Negi because he's so innocent. It's not like they're coming on to him.
Hasn't Nodoka come onto him already? And Yue was close to it. And then with Incho it's just shoutacon fetish
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:00   Link #2105
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Nodoka's love is even more innocent then most of her classmates' teasing. Even kissing him took her working up all of her courage, and that's as wild as those two ever got.

Kodomo no Jikan deals with far more mature subjects, even rape and the like. There is just no way to say these two are the same. Negima aproaches elder/younger relationships in a joking matter, Kodomo no Jikan throws jokes but also a hell of a lot of serious issues in the mix.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-08-15 at 13:11.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:15   Link #2106
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
You misunderstand part of my point.

Clearly Honya is in love with him, Yue is also in love, but tend to restrain herself.
But here there "hitting" on him, but as Negima is mostly comedy, so of course here, it can't compare to "serious" manga (like KnJ)
But it's loving a 10 year old boy and trying to date him.


As for the others, just like you said, it is just teasing, and that doesn't count. Hm... not very convincing. Just go "hit" on a 10 year old girl just for "teasing"... you go to jail...

But what I was saying is that we saw Anya ( 10 year old by the way) and Honya and others flat-chested girls ( like the twins, that look like 10 years old on the inside and outside) ... "nude" (well censored, but that's not the issue here.)
So? Why nobody tell something here? When we saw Rin (from KnJ) topless people were going "WTF/OMG..." , but the scene itself was nothing much.(she just slept from the tree and her shirt got caught in a branch... )

But well, as it was said, she is a girl, negi a boy. ( Well KnJ is just an exception I think, because there is other manga with "lolikon" like Toriko Aigan Shojo, but nobody give a damn about it.)

But that don't explain why nobody tell a thing about the "lolikon" in Negima.

Oh well... it doesn't matter...

My point here is that Asuna MUST be with NAGI and no other.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:31   Link #2107
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Biggest difference here is that all the people in 3-A, well developped they may be, are all still just kids themselves. All of them are no more then a few years ahead of him. In KoJ, it is a clearly adult person who has a romantic relation with a clearly young girl. Big difference there.

KoJ got the kick in the teeth because its a manga that actually centers around controversional subjects, while Negima merely has the ocasional one tossed in, and even then mostly as a humor ingredient. A lot of people were already going "OMG/WTF" about a lot of things in KoJ, so naked Rin was only one more ingredient to the pile, and got pointed out just so they could have more examples to go OMG/WTF about.

And I still stand firmly that Negi will end up with Asuna. Lead girl, clearly connected with Negi, lots of suggestive scenes... nope, even the recent 'onee-chan' shakes that (speaking of which, do note how his emphasis is on protecting Asuna, and not... say... Nodoka?)
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:38   Link #2108
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
Ah I see. You do have a point here. It's all kids here. ^^

For Negi, he's going to end up with Anya anyway. From the begining I was rotting for the 2 of them.

Quote:
(speaking of which, do note how his emphasis is on protecting Asuna, and not... say... Nodoka?)
He went all out for Honya... one time. ( 10 last chapter or so, I don't remember well were it was.)

EDIT: But how do I say that, Asuna is the lead female chara, so It's obvious that it is "Asuna and the others". >_>


But, I think, for Negi to have feelings for a girl, he must grow up. Maybe 3-4 years later. ( I really hope that the author don't make a time jump on the last chapters of Negima, I really hate -big time jump) So the only one now for him is Anya his childhood friend.
Note also that he speak only to Anya casually ( This was noted when Anya show up before the trip to Wales, by Incho. ) .
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:50   Link #2109
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
He went all out for Honya... one time. ( 10 last chapter or so, I don't remember well were it was.)
Which he also did for Ako, and just recently did for Asuna. No matter which way you swing, Negi going all out isn't really an argument to his eventual pairing. It's just Negi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
But, I think, for Negi to have feelings for a girl, he must grow up. Maybe 3-4 years later. ( I really hope that the author don't make a time jump on the last chapters of Negima, I really hate -big time jump) So the only one now for him is Anya his childhood friend.
Note also that he speak only to Anya casually ( This was noted when Anya show up before the trip to Wales, by Incho. ) .
Hmm, in my opinion I don't really think Anya will win the race. She was introduced far too late into the story. Yes yes, I know we've seen her earlier, but only for a few panels, it wasn't untill recently that she was actually introduced into the main cast. I see Nodoka and Yue as far more potentional winners, especially since we already actually know their feelings on the subject instead of having to guess.

However, in their case the whole 'close friends love-triangle' might actually work against them. In Holland we have a saying "If two dogs are fighting over one bone, the third one will run of with it."

But yes, you're right, Negi does speak casually towards Anya. I wouldn't expect anything less from childhood friends. That'd be awkward.

It's what makes Childhood Friends such dangerous romance participants.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:07   Link #2110
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
I don't quite understand when you tell me:

Quote:
No matter which way you swing, Negi going all out isn't really an argument to his eventual pairing. It's just Negi.
I'm not pairing Negi with Honya-chan.
I was just saying that he can go "all out" for someone else, even if it is "Asuna and the others".
When he reply he always tell "I like Asuna.. eh...uh...ano... and also Honya, Yue, Kaede, Ku and all the others." >_>
But that don't mean he will be with her.

Quote:
Hmm, in my opinion I don't really think Anya will win the race. She was introduced far too late into the story.. I see Nodoka and Yue as far more potentional winners, especially since we already actually know their feelings on the subject instead of having to guess.
From my point of view it's sure that Anya love Negi.

Well, maybe he'll die >_> or he will be alone. (no pairing)
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:13   Link #2111
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
I'm not pairing Negi with Honya-chan.
I was just saying that he can go "all out" for someone else, even if it is "Asuna and the others".
It was more of a general note. Just noting that how hard Negi is fighting is no indication of romance, because Negi always gives his 120% if people he knows are in danger.

It wasn't personal, sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
When he reply he always tell "I like Asuna.. eh...uh...ano... and also Honya, Yue, Kaede, Ku and all the others." >_>
But that don't mean he will be with her.
But its funny that he always notes Asuna first, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
From my point of view it's sure that Anya love Negi.
And our opinions are all we have untill Ken finally answers the question. Still, its fun to debate the posibilities.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:32   Link #2112
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
From my point of view it's sure that Anya love Negi.
Well, she may have some feelings for him. But it's also one of those moments where a character blushes just because Negi looks cool or mature for a moment. Like Natsumi with older Kotarou.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:38   Link #2113
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Well Anya certainly has some amount of romantic feelings for Negi. you don't just fly of for Japan to have a little chat for one, and lets not even begin with the constant fits of jealousy.

And Natsumi/Kotarou is actually shaping up to be a proper ship in the manga.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 15:17   Link #2114
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
shaping up you say ... as far as i remember it set sail some time this spring allready :P

but well ... the major diffence between how Negima do it and KnJ do it is Context ... Negima plays it purely for laughs while KnJ have a heavy background story, overloaded with taboos, which at any given point (like once per frame at times) shows it's head ... taboos KnJ juggles with is such as pedophilia ... preteens' knowlegde of sexual feelings ... Preteens' willingness to submit to said feelings, with or without the other part wanting to (rape, whereas the rape victim is the one likely to get blamed for the rape)... angst ... evil kids ... you name it.
Negima such none of these fields short of a brush which as said is played purely for laughs, a think that helps Negima playing it for laughs is also that Negi at the same time is that knowing about everything while being bluntly innocent about more than half of the sexual innuendo he is attacked with
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:26   Link #2115
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But its funny that he always notes Asuna first, no?
Hmm, I was like saying "yes", but you know gag that are too much exploited tend to not be funny at some point.
Like in School Rumble ( if you watched the show) when there is always this confusing thing between Harima and Tenma, in the begining you laught all your might, but after a while it became "boring".

Here at the start it was funny, but after a while it became repetitive...

Quote:
And our opinions are all we have untill Ken finally answers the question. Still, its fun to debate the posibilities.
That's true! This way we interact and discuss our different point of view.
(If everyone was thinking the same that be boring. ^^ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Well, she may have some feelings for him. But it's also one of those moments where a character blushes just because Negi looks cool or mature for a moment. Like Natsumi with older Kotarou.
I don't recall exactly the scenes between Anya and Negi but if I remember correctly she's extremly jealous when Negi is "intimate" (or not) with other girls.
Recall the time when Anya learned that Negi was at a girls-only school, or when she learned that Negi was coming back ( immediatly starting to brush her hairs), or when Konoka was teasing her.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
that Negi at the same time is that knowing about everything while being bluntly innocent about more than half of the sexual innuendo he is attacked with
So isn't that sexual harassement? Ok it is all for comedy but hmm... dunno how to put it, that doesn't feel right.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:35   Link #2116
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
Hmm, I was like saying "yes", but you know gag that are too much exploited tend to not be funny at some point.
Like in School Rumble ( if you watched the show) when there is always this confusing thing between Harima and Tenma, in the begining you laught all your might, but after a while it became "boring".

Here at the start it was funny, but after a while it became repetitive...
That's... not exactly what I meant. I didn't mean funny as 'that was a good joke' funny, I meant funny as in 'interesting'

What I meant to say is that it's interesting that Negi always notes Asuna's name first, then the group. Now why would he always mention Asuna first instead of someone else? Obviously Asuna matters to him more then the other people in his class.

Now granted, this can be taken any way you like, but to me its just another point to the ship that is Negi/Asuna.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:45   Link #2117
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
Ahhh sorry, english is not my primary language so it's not easy for me to spot the nuance in this language. I apologize.

I do see your point there.
It's obvious that Negi view Asuna differently than the rest of the class and his pactio-harem girls.
She's the first girl kicking him, making a pactio, living with him ( and Konoka), going everywere he go , always pointing his errors (with Chisame afterward), conforting him when he's not okay (Chisame also for this part) etc.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:55   Link #2118
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
ANd man the way Asuna cried when Negi was stabbed through the chest, she went completely hysterical! Anyways I was just wondering if the mangaka will actually end the series by making negi end up with a single girl like he did in Love Hina. Also as much as I support Asun/Negi the recent thing Fate said about Asuna having false personality, false body...makes me wonder if Asuna isn't too old than she already is for Negi. I hope this wont make them drift further awy.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 17:22   Link #2119
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
For the "false" thing, isn't it because cigarette-man-whatever-his-name-is request that Takamichi "erase" all the sad part that Asuna lived while in the magical world. So then, when she begins in Mahora-gakuen, she is a whole "new" person? Just like we saw (in flashback) the first day she was presented in class!? (when Asuna and Incho got into a cat-fight immediatly on the first day.)
So that means at that time her "personality" was already altered. (By Takamichi)

Fate say (at least from the traduction I got) :
"That girl living at mahora for 8 years have a false personality, false memory, a doll with it all glued to her"

The "a doll with all glued" is a metaphor, I think.
Beacause her memory of the magical world was erased by Takamichi, so her personality got reconstructed and she got to smile, and be a baka-red. xD

But that not something new, we already know all that from long ago. ( especially from Asuna dreams when she was at Mahora.)

For her age, I can't recall at what exact time during the war she was saved by Nagi and his friends, and at what exact time cigarette-man died and Takamichi began to take care of her. So basically her age must be 6-8 years old (when Nagi saved her) + time till end of the war + time from end of the war to Mahora ( 0 year?) + From Mahora till the first chapter of the manga.

But... I don't see something new in what Fate was talking about!?
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 17:52   Link #2120
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
The great war in the magic world ended 10 years ago. She's at least 10 years older than she is now. Many pages ago, we were talking about how she may have started aging after starting a new life.

EDIT: Oops, that's right. It was 20 years.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.