AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 39 35.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-15, 10:09   Link #141
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
I think Sheryl will push Alto to chase after Ranka herself as an convenient excuse to escape from having a good long talk with him, which she was reluctantly persuaded to by Klan to begin with.
I think this will be the case too, but I dont think its because Sheryl wanted to run away.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 11:18   Link #142
Prongs
Soul linked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Although pictures like these give me hope that Kawamori isnīt seriously planning to go through with Alto X Ranka:

Spoiler:


I mean, really? We really, really are to take that serious as a revelation about whom you love?
jruooot Nosebleeding
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal


Prongs is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 11:19   Link #143
a1047
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
DRYL? not DYRL : Do You Remember Love? eh?


I hope i can see new VF.

Messiah look like zero.
New version from old school blueprint eh?
But still cant match VF-27 and upgrade vajra.

I heard alto use new weapon in future episode.
New weapon they mean is Armored Pack?
__________________
a1047 is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 12:56   Link #144
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaozhou View Post
You are losing the point. It's the one way solution to all troubles that always constitutes the problem. It negates personal differences, transforming people into mindless automatons. The basic idea is that minorities with inferior adaptive behaviours can still be useful in the event things change, so it's unwise trying to conform them.

Aside from this, I am personal against all those people who tell others how to be happy

The funny thing is that people here also blame Ranka for being egoistic, while Ranka is acting self-less in being dependant. Growing up as you are saying would mean making decisions that benefit you, which is exactly the definition of egoism If I were a computer I would have already blow up

We are on a public discussion forum. You can't say it's totally unexpected someone is interested in seeing the reasoning that backs up your opinions. When the definition of "childish" has been challenged, I don't think they didn't see it coming.
We are in an anime forum. We are allowed to tell Ranka how she should be happy. She's not real. I don't think people are trying to tell her to conform at all. But as a woman it's pretty disgusting to me to have a female lead character be so solely focused on a guy, or anyone really. I don't even think it's anything about feminism at all. Since like the OP said, I would be annoyed if a guy did the same thing. Actually, most would probably call him a crazy stalker if a guy character was so focused on a female.

The fact that while it's not unexpected that Ranka use Alto as her reason for singing, it's disappointing because it is childish and selfish. Selfish? Because she assumes Alto is going to be right there for her to fill his place as her object of her affection. There is nothing self-less about what is she is doing at all. I guess the big question to me is, if Alto doesn't love her back what then? I guess it's the old character growth through rejection, which could work in her case.

She's childish because she thinks as long as Alto is there making hearts in the sky everything is okay. She doesn't have to face herself or anything else, as long as he's there she can use him as her inspiration. There is nothing wrong with loving him, or using him, but to base everything on one person? It's unfair. I also don't see how making choices that benefit you and you alone is egoism. It's called self respect. Bettering yourself and knowing you can't rely on other people if you want you dreams is part of growing up. Or maybe it's cynicism. My Mom always told me, you can't rely on a man because they either leave you or die. That's why you have to become something on your own and support yourself with only yourself. Maybe I'm using too much real life logic.

It might come down with people wanting different things from the story. Sheryl has always been shown to be more adult of the two. Ranka is more shallow, innocent and I think a Ranka x Alto end would basically be incomplete. It's almost like a cheesy shoujo manga end. Where everyone will be together ~forever~ at the end of High School. Totally unbelievable from an adult standpoint.

Quote:
I can't see how it's sad. It's one of the fundamentals of Macross that songs express feelings. The act of singing is not disjointed from personal feelings, so it reflects the fact that Ranka actually loves Alto more than ever.

The only sad thing is that Ranka was doomed to fail

Btw, I don't know you but I am lacking my subs
It's sad for anyone in Macross to not sing for the love of SINGING, but for the love of someone else. Feelings of course matter, but it's always been about the love of singing before anything.

Last edited by Teletha; 2008-08-15 at 13:13. Reason: typo
Teletha is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 13:39   Link #145
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
She is dying and doesn't want to burden him ? ....why bothering other people then?
I find it a mean spirited when she did it. Why telling them for after saying " Do not tell Alto" ?
*sighs* As Magnus already said Klan and Michael already knew Sheryl was sick just before Sheryl run into them in the library. If anything they knew more about her condition than Sheryl herself since Grace only said she was dying. Sheryl has told nobody about her sickness and has asked the 2 people who found out to keep quiet about it because she doesn't want to burden the person she loves.

Quote:
You are pissed because she goes into the lead in the love triangle and Sheryl is left behind now because the only way she can approch Alto is because of her illness.
What rubbish is this? It was Sheryl's illness in the first place that allowed Ranka to even get back into this "contest" and as 15 showed they were on equal footing in that episode. None of the gains Sheryl has made in the last few episodes were her using her illness as a way to do so, she's been trying to distance herself from Alto in the last few episodes after she found out the true nature of her sickness.

Quote:
Alto will obviously chase after Ranka out of guilty but she will go with Brera ... Then will start the rivalry between Alto and Brera with a unrequited love for Sheryl.
This is what I think after reading Nakamura sentence :the Sheryl x Alto end the most popular seems unlikely to happen because it will not be surprising.
If your above scenario plays out how is a Ranka ending in any way what's so ever a surprise? You do realize a significant portion of the Sheryl fanbase thinks she won't win? Also if you look at anime as a whole the Sheryl type character hardly wins these triangles, romances with only a few exceptions.

Quote:
You should seriously asks yourself how you didn't see it coming ( that Ranka had equal chances to end with Alto like Sheryl)you didn't. You only had eyes for your Sheryl QUEEN, it's so impossible for you that Ranka can also win against sheryl.....
And Ranka fans are different? Ranka fans run riot in the first 4 episodes threads, they acted like this triangle was like Shana's and that Sheryl was an insignificant third wheel. Than Star Date turned the tide in terms of the triangle as well as the fanbase and Ranka fans were moaning and bitching crap like the following.

Sheryl is a slut!
DIE SHERYL DIE
How could Alto betray Ranka like this?
I can't believe Alto went with that slut Sheryl

It wasn't like this just on this forum, it was like this nearly everywhere. Must be nice having a short memory hey?

Quote:
You should ask yourself why you couldn't predict why the compositor painted in episode 19 sheryl like a not so cool character, the role of the bad woman like a lot of anime or movie who steals the other girl's guy ( the scene in this episode looked like that(even if you claim that it's not that they made it look like that even some here saw this , they want to put sheryl as the one between the main couple...
Even though the notion is utterly ridiculous I'll play along. To combine this with an earlier point, if Sheryl's just put in to be the 3rd wheel to get in the way of the main couple than how wouldn't a Sheryl ending be a surprise. You wanna clarify your situation on this?

Also for neutral viewers it might be hard to place the woman who is dying in the bad guy position compared to the naive schoolgirl with the idiotic school girl crush who blew off her fans and acted like an immature idiot. But hey that's just my opinion.

Quote:
and when someone disagree "neg rep " or " how dare you doubt in our sheryl Sama " ? what is that ?
lol if you don't think ranka fans neg rep people too...
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 14:35   Link #146
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Well, I guess we now know why Alto keeps his hair long.

Edit: As for who did the sweep kick, It's Ozma on Leon. Cookies to whoever predicted that Howard Glass would be targeted for assassination. I kind of thought that but didn't think that the NUNS military would be involved in the assassination. I never thought they would go for a Coup De'tat.

Last edited by Sleepy100; 2008-08-15 at 15:02.
Sleepy100 is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 15:19   Link #147
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
No fleamarket? Actually, when talking about Ranka...


OK.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I liked her before because she is generally a nice person. I hate ( and take "hate" with a grain of salt, this is an animated show after all. Real hate is reserved for real bad persons ) her now because the contrast between her crush on Alto and how Sheryl loves him, and tries to protect him from the bad news of what happened to her is so big by now, that I really canīt stand it anymore.
Damn that Kawamori. Guy makes me feel all concerned and sad about Sheryl.
I already said it's quite impressive to see how she can keep this face of the strong woman in front of alto knowing perfectly she loves him and wants his support even thought she can't admit it and don't want to admit it.. I can't deny it.
If lying to yourself can make you keep your composure.... well this is her character.
The contrast between the two is the way they show their feelings.
Of course Ranka is in fond of him, when she sings she thinks of him, the same for when she is Brera unlike sheryl who shows nothing but her " I am Sheryl Nome" blah blah blah.
It's annoying to see Ranka saying " alto kun"... this is true but " watashi wa Sheryl Nome...." all the time ...
Sheryl doesn't want to tell him about her disease and you're all WOWWWWW she is amazing, she truly loves him unlike Ranka.... Maybe she doesn't want to burden him and without doubt here evryone can tell she loves him BUT the contrast between her crush on alto and the love of sheryl ?

Ranka did go to Galia 4 to save him no ( I don't know many school girl who will do that for their crush thought )? She singed at the zentradi mall without even knowing he would be there., no( He did support her to sing but she didn't start for him but for telling people she exists ) no? It's not like all she did just turned around Alto. I read some of you say she doesn't sing for singing but just for alto.... What will sheryl do in episode 22 ?.....



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I would have appreciated some sort of subtletly, what can I say. "Alto, Alto, Alto, Altoooo! What?!? Uwaaaaah!" isnīt subtle of any sort. Also, annoyed as hell that we got another random interrupt to any development on the relationship front happening.
I agree with the Alto kun alto kun.... well honestly the most hilarious of this repeated sentence for me is in episode 14 when she sings in front of the Zentradi......... Her " Alto kun...." was really funny. BUT :
Like I said " Watashi wa sheryl Nome " is not better....
And for the interrupt by Ranka when sheryl is with Alto, should I remind you when Ranka enrolled in Mihoshi Academy and has finally her chance to spend more time with Alto........Sheryl made her big entrance and broke that possibilty in piece. Same for his birthday, Sheryl went with him...... Ranka got the flight in the sky with alto.... They were even then.......until episode 19.




Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ranka by herself is okay... but compared to Sheryl there just nothing there.
And if the triangle was clear at all at this point, I wouldnīt be so upset.
I agree but some fan can make it more explosive ? :heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Although pictures like these give me hope that Kawamori isnīt seriously planning to go through with Alto X Ranka:

Spoiler:


I mean, really? We really, really are to take that serious as a revelation about whom you love?
this is too easy... :
Spoiler for Isn't she serious here ?:


The pix you showed was just her resolution to measure up of the love she devote to Alto....




Looks like you like using this not so justified explanation, or make say something which wasn't by someone :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Alto and Sheryl are both 17, in the world of Frontier, that makes them legal adults. Ranka on the other hand, is 16, which makes her a child. Never mind Ranka looks younger after each passing episode.
The adult age is diferent in come country but 21 or 18 are the most well know
After, in frontier OK Sheryl And alto have the same age but how do you know they are adults ?
Sheryl really looks younger in 19 than 18 in some scene but not all. The scene in the stairs was the worst yes.


I said this : But this is obvious, no ? Alto broke the heart in the sky with the cupid-arrow...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And Alto did it while thinking of Sheryl this whole time, good job.
Looks like you want to pick some words but not the whole sentence. .........Trying to speak at my place ?

the whole sentence was: they are trying to build up Ranka sympathy points." This is what I'm seeing too....But this is obvious, no ? Alto broke the heart in the sky with the cupid-arrow... She misleaded it alright but when she saw Alto and Sheryl wrap around how could she take it for a behaviour between friends ?

You totally change the the meaning of what I said, but :

GOOD JOB


She misleaded it alright but when she saw Alto and Sheryl wrap around how could she take it for a behaviour between friends ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And score one for self-denial!
she misleaded the arrow( again, you just took the part of the sentence which was fine with you)Alto clearly didn't do it for her but she hoped.... from her angle of view, how could she know they were not in fact so lovey dovey.... WE know what could have happenned not her....
You're indeed strong to give point in a negative way(Want to suggest me a sport ? ........ ) ......but looks like you're more sportive than me .

Last edited by Seifall; 2008-08-15 at 15:34.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 15:21   Link #148
mike_s_6
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Ok, a lot of things happened in this episode. Biggest thing that happened was that Alto and Sheryl were hugging. That's a good sign. Bad sign, Ranka came in. GTFO Ranka. Not determined sign, in the previews Alto was talking to Ranka. It could mean Ranka I love you, or it could mean Ranka I love Sheryl. In the previews I saw Klan Klan nakey nakey, what's up with that? When Alto looked at Sheryl, he saw his mom. Positive sign. Also, when Alto and the crew were flying, Alto was the one that put the arrow through the heart. I'm confused as to what that could mean? It could mean he puts an arrow through her heart, or he perfects her heart.
I'm having some doubts on why they were hugging, it could be that Sheryl just felt weak again and Alto caught her. And I sure wish subs could explain this better, but I think they'll just leave the explanation in the next episodes.

Do you guys know what the scene reminded me of? Escaflowne,
Spoiler for Escaflowne:


As for the arrow and heart thing... Alto puts an arrow in Michael's heart. That's my interpretation. j/k

Also, probably the second time I'm going to say this since my expectations are not that high anyway - the animation quality went another all-time low. Where is the budget going? Aren't there enough DVD, Blu-Ray, CD, and other merchandise sales to cover up for budget holes?
mike_s_6 is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 15:40   Link #149
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
OK.......
You evidently havenīt read that blog entry of hers?

Posted by Ickem in the character blogs:

Read it and weep.

2008-07-08

Title: I was bitten!

Uwaan! (The is a "nooooo" that is filled with moe-ness)
I got bitten! I was bitten! Damn you, hated "pa"!!
Why does it itch so much when you're bitten by a "pa". (;; )

On top of that it was right by my collar bone.

The timing of this is terrible since I have to wear a tube top for a photo shoot tomorrow... (I'm not sure how a tube top would stay on her chest considering she has nothing to anchor it too.)

...I'll ask the makeup artist to make it disappear!
with all their power!

I hear that "pa" are attracted to green things that move lately.

Wait, does that mean the culprit is my hair!?

Q1
(date unclear)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Ranka did go to Galia 4 to save him no ( I don't know many school girl who will do that for their crush thought )? She singed at the zentradi mall without even knowing he would be there., no( He did support her to sing but she didn't start for him but for telling people she exists ) no? It's not like all she did just turned around Alto. I read some of you say she doesn't sing for singing but just for alto.... What will sheryl do in episode 22 ?.....
The generic school girl with a crush doesnīt have access to military equipment like Ranka did in episode 12.

And, yeah, she knew he was at the mall, she specifically brings that up again in episode 15, when she mentioned that seeing his paper plane gave her the strength to sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
The adult age is diferent in come country but 21 or 18 are the most well know
After, in frontier OK Sheryl And alto have the same age but how do you know they are adults ?
Ozma told Ranka that sheīd be an adult in one year, so 16 should be the age of majority on Frontier.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 15:54   Link #150
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
ok ranka and sheryl camps CALM yourselves

here is my prediction

Alto x Sheryl then Sheryl bites the dust and oh, look only 2 left XD

problem solved

(im a sheryl fan, i want her to LIVE!)
FLCL is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 16:02   Link #151
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Y'know... I had some really salient insight about Sheryl of some magnitude. Then, before I proceeded to add it to the Romance thread, I saw Seifalls last post and responded to it. After I finished that, I had totally forgotten whatever great insight it was.

So, DAMN YOU SEIFALL! DAMN YOU TO ALL HELL! <shakes fist>



*edit* Ah, got it again. It wasnīt only about Sheryl alone, but about the triangle. Iīll post it in the romance thread.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2008-08-15 at 16:17.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 16:04   Link #152
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The generic school girl with a crush doesnīt have access to military equipment like Ranka did in episode 12.
Flower Girl might, military equipment or no.
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 16:33   Link #153
Lostdreams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I'm having some doubts on why they were hugging, it could be that Sheryl just felt weak again and Alto caught her. And I sure wish subs could explain this better, but I think they'll just leave the explanation in the next episodes.

Do you guys know what the scene reminded me of? Escaflowne,
Spoiler for Escaflowne:


As for the arrow and heart thing... Alto puts an arrow in Michael's heart. That's my interpretation. j/k

Also, probably the second time I'm going to say this since my expectations are not that high anyway - the animation quality went another all-time low. Where is the budget going? Aren't there enough DVD, Blu-Ray, CD, and other merchandise sales to cover up for budget holes?
I don't like the connection to Escaflowne. It means Sheryl will lose, but it also means Ranka won't win. But still, I hate that connection
Lostdreams is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 16:49   Link #154
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
I don't like the connection to Escaflowne. It means Sheryl will lose, but it also means Ranka won't win. But still, I hate that connection
Apples and Oranges. Allen and Van are very different characters to Ranka and Sheryl.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 17:35   Link #155
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
*sighs* As Magnus already said Klan and Michael already knew Sheryl was sick just before Sheryl run into them in the library. If anything they knew more about her condition than Sheryl herself since Grace only said she was dying. Sheryl has told nobody about her sickness and has asked the 2 people who found out to keep quiet about it because she doesn't want to burden the person she loves.


OK they found out, she told them to keep quiet..... FOR the person she loves .
She isn't prideful anymore but a pure lover....
You're right but it's not the fact she didn't tell him that bother like I said with magnuskun but how she pretends to not being bother by that in front of him with a light change of face in front of them like it's OK to be pitiful with them but not in front in front of Alto.... Double face ? The way you come at she is so in love that she don't want to hurt him.... without even to say she is unfair with herself is surprising.
So she's right, for you ? She went to look for him for telling him the truth so they made her realize she isn't in fact trying to not hurt him but lying to herself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What rubbish is this? It was Sheryl's illness in the first place that allowed Ranka to even get back into this "contest" and as 15 showed they were on equal footing in that episode. None of the gains Sheryl has made in the last few episodes were her using her illness as a way to do so, she's been trying to distance herself from Alto in the last few episodes after she found out the true nature of her sickness.

It was Sheryl's illness in the first place that allowed Ranka to even get back into this "contest" and as 15 showed they were on equal footing in that episode.


OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
None of the gains Sheryl has made in the last few episodes were her using her illness as a way to do so, she's been trying to distance herself from Alto in the last few episodes after she found out the true nature of her sickness.
I disagree I didn't say she was using her illness but that her illness was the reason which......., and I were talking about since episode 16 , because of her illness she met with alto several of times.
In episode 16 : Sheryl sees Grace and Ranka in a newscast and sneaks out of the hospital to find Alto. She collapsed so alto picked her on his quarter , right ?
IIn episode 18 : Sheryl ends up walking alone in the rain searching for Alto when she collapses on the sidewalk due to her sickness... enough Explicit ...
In episode 19 : Alto sneaks into the Satome Estate to visit Sheryl...because he saw her before on the rain completely KO due to her disease ....
You can tell me all you want about how she wouldn't use it as an excuse and it's right but this a a fact, her disease is the main reason which made her be in a closest relationship with Alto.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If your above scenario plays out how is a Ranka ending in any way what's so ever a surprise? You do realize a significant portion of the Sheryl fanbase thinks she won't win? Also if you look at anime as a whole the Sheryl type character hardly wins these triangles, romances with only a few exceptions.

I'm talking about what will most likely happen. But yo do not think like me right ?
Alto will share more time whith Sheryl in the next episode and maybe they will show us some proof in a possible Sheryl and alto ending( Like a kiss or something which include not a repulsive reaction from alto).
If they do it you agree with me that the Alto and Ranka pair is dead and buried, no ?
But there is also the main plot with the vajra and Brera.
No one but Grace knows about his identity... After what happenned in this episode they can't let her be like that , they're aware that she give off repel, disdain not only because of her body but also because of her character which they know it, is caught like an immature one who only thing about alto.
Moreover when everybody will think Ranka is no more than a sister for alto because Sheryl made her move and they're( for sheryl fan) the perfect couple.... Brera will step in Ranka's life (vajra, relationship..). You expect Alto to do nothing ?
They clearly said alto will have to react when he will find out about Brera.
But what does it have to be with him if her brother is still alive ? Brera is her bodyguard, why making alto acts to protect Ranka? What about sheryl?
Would you not find it surprising that Alto comes back to protect her even thought they showed us he will not let Sheryl....
I'm not saying this will happen because this is pure speculation and i was just answering your question.
The fact is for me a Sheryl and Alto end is not a bit surprising because to repeat the story is nothing new...
I'm sure nor the altox Ranka end neither the Sherylx Alto end can satisfy completely this surprising end.
One end may be more surprising for me and will be totally expected for you obviously so this must be something else which has nothing to do with the romance....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And Ranka fans are different? Ranka fans run riot in the first 4 episodes threads, they acted like this triangle was like Shana's and that Sheryl was an insignificant third wheel. Than Star Date turned the tide in terms of the triangle as well as the fanbase and Ranka fans were moaning and bitching crap like the following.

Sheryl is a slut!
DIE SHERYL DIE
How could Alto betray Ranka like this?
I can't believe Alto went with that slut Sheryl

It wasn't like this just on this forum, it was like this nearly everywhere. Must be nice having a short memory hey?

OK... I don't know about what each said but if they were so vociferous you for sure can explain their disappearance ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Even though the notion is utterly ridiculous I'll play along. To combine this with an earlier point, if Sheryl's just put in to be the 3rd wheel to get in the way of the main couple than how wouldn't a Sheryl ending be a surprise. You wanna clarify your situation on this?

It must be pretty disturbing for you, if not, I don't know why you would ask me the same question ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also for neutral viewers it might be hard to place the woman who is dying in the bad guy position compared to the naive schoolgirl with the idiotic school girl crush who blew off her fans and acted like an immature idiot. But hey that's just my opinion.

That's your opinion. Well at this level you can also tell me how the woman who is dying can end up with a living person( knowing this is not a shoujo or soap opera(which is here possible) ,we aren't in romeo and juliet here)) unless you think she will not die at the end which discredit yourself one your " it might be hard to place the woman who is dying in the bad guy position compared to the naive schoolgirl with the idiotic school girl crush who blew off her fans and acted like an immature idiot." .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol if you don't think ranka fans neg rep people too...
I agree but there is doing it and writing it ...
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 19:55   Link #156
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

OK... I don't know about what each said but if they were so vociferous you for sure can explain their disappearance ?
I thought that part itself is pretty obvious. After all, just look at the favorite character poll, compare the numbers, and there you have it.

Ranka fans were hit by pressure, plain and simple. Bottom line, there are far more Sheryl fans than Ranka ones. Regardless of their position on the shipping wars, that itself is a fact.

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 20:11   Link #157
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Oh wow...just wow...I leave the forums for a few days and come back to a war zone...I mean really were did all the sudden dislike come from?
__________________
Dark Wing is online now  
Old 2008-08-15, 20:13   Link #158
mike_s_6
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

OK... I don't know about what each said but if they were so vociferous you for sure can explain their disappearance ?
That's their choice to disappear, for whatever reason. That doesn't change the fact that they posted nasty in the other threads. One could only guess why they're no longer posting. I thought I just don't see them since I blocked them from my view.

The reason Sheryl fans are in full force right now is because we see that she's finally starting to get back into the story, and is still graceful in doing so. And more and more fans are getting tired of Ranka's high school crush + plain voice + cute face (yes, I'm looking at that screenshot in this episode where she looks like a near-exploding balloon) formula.

So my answer is, no, Westlo probably can't explain their disappearance. Only one of the Ranka fans before who had twisted and turned facts and said mean things could explain why they suddenly stopped. And I'm glad that the Ranka fans I see around seem to be more civil in discussions
mike_s_6 is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 20:14   Link #159
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh wow...just wow...I leave the forums for a few days and come back to a war zone...I mean really were did all the sudden dislike come from?
Sudden? The dislike had been brewing, you just came back while it boiled

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-08-15, 20:14   Link #160
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh wow...just wow...I leave the forums for a few days and come back to a war zone...I mean really were did all the sudden dislike come from?

I think a fraction of this irritability is just from waiting for the next episode which is rather painful.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.