AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-10, 02:28   Link #1
Xaphan187
Wew I did it again.

Send a message via AIM to Xaphan187 Send a message via MSN to Xaphan187
Iso: of a good anime

Looking for a anime with martial arts/fighting kinda darkish with a bit of comedy can be ecchi doesnt bother me decent animation quality animes ive seen were.

Death note
Darker than black
Kenichi
Scryd
Bleach currently watching
Naruto currently watching
E7
Samurai 7
Air gear
Tenjo tenge
bamboo blade
FMA
Sekirei currently watching
samurai champloo

few more cant think of the names off the top of my head Thx any suggestions would be apprecaited
Old 2008-08-10, 04:27   Link #2
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Full Metal Panic: Best combination of action / comedy anime. A highschool girl is being targeted by an unknown organization and a so a young boy is dispatched to be her bodyguard but there is a problem... he knows nothing about living a normal teenager's life, only things he knows are manages perfectly are guns and how to fight with them. There are mechas involved but it centers on the main characters more than the mechas.

Black Lagoon: Action Guns ... A japanese normal employee gets kidnapped by a mercenary group and ends up being the spokeman for them. Lots of top notch action with all kind of guns and weapons.

D Gray Man: Action / Fantasy.. Exorcists with unique weapons fighting against the Milenium Earl, the evil guy xD

Flame of Recca: Kinda old anime but it is the tournament / martial arts with a little of romance similar to Kenichi.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Same as Flame of Recca

Kenshin:
If u interested in katanas, samurais and all that stuff, you definitly want to see this series.

Check animenewsnetwork for a better summary and a picture.
Old 2008-08-10, 20:16   Link #3
Xaphan187
Wew I did it again.

thx any more suggestion?
Old 2008-08-10, 20:33   Link #4
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Basilik: Two confronted hiden ninja clans prohibited to fight each other by the Shogun are now ordered to take the best 10 ninjas of each and fight until only one remains... a very sad and tragic anime with lots of fighting scenes.

Claymore: It's about a world filled with Youmas (monsters) and the only ones that can kill them are the girls from an organization knowns as Claymore. It is set in a medieval style world with lots of sword fights.

If u dont mind some mecha animes, i would like to suggest Gunparade March, Gundam Seed and Gundam 00.
Old 2008-08-11, 08:43   Link #5
Niji

Seirei no Moribito is high quality indeed. Female lead, fighting with a spear. It has both, darkish and comedy elements.
Old 2008-08-12, 00:43   Link #6
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I second Basilisk, Claymore, and Seirei no Moribito. Story and animation is top notch.
Old 2008-08-12, 16:00   Link #7
Echoes

Berserk. Dark and action-filled, though there's little comedy.

Do watch Seirei no Moribito, though, I want to stress that. It's nothing less than fantastic.
Old 2008-08-19, 19:25   Link #8
Xaphan187
Wew I did it again.

thanks i seen claymore great anime although the ending was quite lame
Old 2008-08-19, 19:41   Link #9
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaphan187 View Post
thanks i seen claymore great anime although the ending was quite lame
Try the manga. They handle it about a billion times better. Then again, I'm not exactly an unbiased source when it comes to Claymore.
Old 2008-08-19, 20:12   Link #10
Arkuatic

Kinda get thrown off when you throw Death Note in there since it doesnt really have any martial arts or physical fighting.

Kure-nai-anime felt kinda dark, fighting here and there; though it doesnt explain much about the kid's past

Chrno Crusade-weird fights, exorcising of demons, as well as a weird plot but good story

Cowboy Bebop-spike is an agile, sharp, and experienced martial artist it seems, which makes it pretty unique for a setting in the future and a profession as a bounty hunter

Trigun-Maybe or maybe not you'll like it since the main protag is a bit of a goof at times but gets series when the situation calls for it

Utwarerumono-Wars, duels, and encounters;course itll involve plenty of fighting
Old 2008-08-19, 20:28   Link #11
Xaphan187
Wew I did it again.

lol yea but it was kinda dark wasnt no fight but a real edge sitter lol seen cowboy bebop.and trigun ill check out the other two and watched airmaster recently was a pretty decent fighting anime thx keep um coming ^_^
Closed Thread