AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 15:58   Link #1
naoko

animes from this season?

been busy with finals, now have lots of time to download and watch anime...

can anyone recommend some of the current series, or give me a little review on the ones you like? I know there's like, a million request threads, but people's tastes differ, you know?

anyway, here's some stuff from last season (some from this season) that I dug:

Planetes
Paranoia Agent
GITS: SAC2

and some older stuff I love:

Patlabor
Tekkaman Blade
Urusei Yatsura
Last Exile
Key the Metal Idol
Boogiepop Phantom
Heatguy J
SDF Macross
Memories
X/1999
Witch Hunter Robin

as you can see, I'm looking for something that's not too ecchi and has a really good story... I'd appreciate any suggestions you could give...
Old 2004-04-28, 16:26   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Series from this season I'm following

Midori no Hibi : about a tough high school guy who's known as something of a streetfighter. Then one morning he wakes up and his right hand is transformed into a little girl. What follows is a hilarious comedy, so far 4 eps out

Bakuretsu Tenshi : Mecha action series set in some future city. A guy is hired by a group of girls to do their cooking. However these are no ordinary girls but some kind of mercenaries. The show has awesome graphics and alot of action. So far 3 eps out

Madlax: I've seen only 2 ep out of 4 and they were confusing : the first one was some weird action episode while the second one was completely the opposite : it was more something of a kanon to heart or piano epi. Also both episodes dealt with completely different people who obviously will be related to each other in some way. I think the series revolves around that. It looks very very promising.

Old 2004-04-28, 16:37   Link #3
Arwyn

Some you may want to check out;

Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Midori no Hibi (I will second this one)
Monster (very interesting so far)
Kenran Butoh Sai (looks interesting)
Old 2004-04-28, 16:37   Link #4
TronDD
Team the box!

I suggest Le Portrait de Petit Cossete - It's a messed up kinda plot. (Boogiepop Phantom is why I'm suggesting it). It's about a guy who sells antiques and in a glass, he sees the life of a little girl being "played like a documentary". Only he can see her. I don't wan't to explain too much and spoil anything, so I don't know how much more to tell you. It's supernatural and very bizzare. It's an OVA so don't expect an episode each week.

I'll second Midori no Hibi It's a funny comedy with the potential for some romance but it hasn't really focused on it yet. Don't know if it ever does but it's still funny anyway.

Also Monster Is worth the time to download. It's a murder mystery suspense type of story. Very well written in the manga and the anime has stayed pretty faithful to it so far. Definately going to be a one of the great shows of the year. There are better descriptions in the Monster fansub thread and Monster manga thread than I can write off the top of my head so I'll leave it at that.
Old 2004-04-28, 16:40   Link #5
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Hi no Tori - Epic adventure, reaching from the dawn of man to the future. adapted from a major Tezuka manga. High quality production. Very well written.

Mahou Shoujotai - Short-episode fantasy - not a "magical girl" series. Fast-paced so far, with a quirky look and feel and plenty of attitude.
Old 2004-04-28, 17:05   Link #6
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Mahou Shoujotai - Short-episode fantasy - not a "magical girl" series. Fast-paced so far, with a quirky look and feel and plenty of attitude.
So you know, it's listed as Tweeny Witches in the animesuki release list. The show has a cool art stye (I haven't decided what I think of the story yet, not enough to go on), so at least check out the promo.
Old 2004-04-28, 17:59   Link #7
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

My suggestions...

Monster is a must-see. Supposedly based on one of the greatest manga in the world. I haven't read the manga, but love the series so far, and I'm not even a fan of suspense thrillers and the like. Don't miss out on this one.

Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak is underwater mecha. I've only seen the first episode, looks interesting, but will definitely continue watching because it's a Bones series.

I've seen four episodes of Madlax and it is excellent. It's made by Bee Train (Noir, .hack//SIGN, and Avenger) so it'll definitely follow through with its greatness. Can't wait for more.
Closed Thread