AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 39 35.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-20, 02:37   Link #421
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
There's no need for Forbidden Planet homage i.e. refer to Macross Zero. Sara's emotions are tied to Birdman's actions.
Erm... I didn't mean they were literally doing an homage to Forbidden Planet... I was just referencing it for those who know what it means.
Mughi is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 04:21   Link #422
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in her arms..
Age: 24
thinking about the ep 19 and macross zero
Spoiler for ep 19:

Last edited by skyfirefly; 2008-08-20 at 08:31.
skyfirefly is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 08:33   Link #423
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
That sounds like a pretty damn good guess. It does seem like whenever Ranka has a mood swing the Vajara either attack or something happens with them. So If Ranka freaks out about Sheryl and Alto no only will the ones that just hatched go nuts but the specimens could revive as well? Could this be the plan all along that the conspirators were hoping for, complete chaos?

This is a good guess but how come that nothing happenned in the end of episode 12, when she ate alone her bitter cookies?
In episode 8 when Sheryl was always with Alto ? In episode 10 with Sheryl's kiss on the beach ?
If this was the plan the conspirators were hoping for, Grace would have already made a worst scene than what we saw in episode 19 for Ranka.
It has more something to do with Ranka's voice , when she sings not only aimo, that's when you see the vajra reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Says who? Even if she would die in the end ( highly unlikely ), she could always choose to do something else, like piloting. She probably wonīt, because May'n wants to keep selling singles, but she already has evolved past being only a singer, right in the show.

I also think her death is very highly unlikely. BUT :
Piloting ? She is ill, ( even if it improved in the last episode she 's still " dying")
And her poor attempt in episode 14 with Mikhail 's VF 25G shows well she will not be a pilot ...




By the way I skipped the ED ( were too on the jump for episode 20's preview)
The lyrics seems to fit ranka's mind in episode 19 and sheryl's mind in future episode.
I know people will start again to say this utterly ridiculous or a stupid argument( Thanks for the anonymous comment thought )
Anyway,
Ranka pix : I'm frustated at myself because it's easier to distrust than it is to love or desire ( you can easily compare it with how she misleaded the scene on the rooftop) and Alto/Sheryl explaining her what happenned in episode 20 confirms it

Sheryl pix : It hurts, you say you're my friend yet you don't love me.you said you will protect me yet you're not by my side( aka what i said about an unrequited love from Sheryl) You can start to bomb me but unlike you I am leaning on something here not on a ready made idea...
I heard from here people saying Triangler talks about Misa Hikaru Minmay, it's true but they included it at the end of a big cliffhanger in episode 19. They're playing with the story...
Northern Cross ED is a love confession and the pix are what I already said...
Episode 22/23 may be the ones which prove me wrong or right.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 08:59   Link #424
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I also think her death is very highly unlikely. BUT :
Piloting ? She is ill, ( even if it improved in the last episode she 's still " dying")
And her poor attempt in episode 14 with Mikhail 's VF 25G shows well she will not be a pilot ...
Eh, for a first try it wasnīt too bad. But as I said, the desire of May'n and the creators of Frontier to sell more music will mean that she wonīt go this way anymore... it is a bit too late in the series for that.

But it was a definite possibility for a while, after she began her pilots course at the school in episode 8.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 09:12   Link #425
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Such an intense episode. Now I'm gonna think about it for a whole day.

In the preview, Ranka is in the corner, and can only mean two things:

1 - Ranka saw Alto holding Sheryl who probably almost fainted again resulting nothing. She runs of, thinking the worse and he goes towards her to explain the situation. Sheryl didn't say anything to Alto aether.

2 - Sheryl confessed everything (her being sick is also a possibility) and Ranka came in the bad moment. She runs away deeply hurt and Alto heads of to find her to explain the situation. He will say that she should keep fighting regardless of him picking Sharyl and that she doesn't have to stop singing because she didn't make it this far for him, but with her own strength. The usual crap.

Whatever happens, doesn't mean that Alto will stay with that person. Much can happen till the end but we all hope for the best, both Ranka and Sheryl fans.
__________________
Crimrui is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 09:54   Link #426
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Such an intense episode. Now I'm gonna think about it for a whole day.

In the preview, Ranka is in the corner, and can only mean two things:

1 - Ranka saw Alto holding Sheryl who probably almost fainted again resulting nothing. She runs of, thinking the worse and he goes towards her to explain the situation. Sheryl didn't say anything to Alto aether.

2 - Sheryl confessed everything (her being sick is also a possibility) and Ranka came in the bad moment. She runs away deeply hurt and Alto heads of to find her to explain the situation. He will say that she should keep fighting regardless of him picking Sharyl and that she doesn't have to stop singing because she didn't make it this far for him, but with her own strength. The usual crap.

Whatever happens, doesn't mean that Alto will stay with that person. Much can happen till the end but we all hope for the best, both Ranka and Sheryl fans.
And maybe this happens:

Spoiler:


magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 09:58   Link #427
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Eh, for a first try it wasnīt too bad. But as I said, the desire of May'n and the creators of Frontier to sell more music will mean that she wonīt go this way anymore... it is a bit too late in the series for that.

But it was a definite possibility for a while, after she began her pilots course at the school in episode 8.
Why everyone assume Sheryl will pilot VF-25 if she become pilot.
She may end up fly VB-6 König Monster or even be captain of the SMS Macross Quarter, who know.
Up to this point, comparing to Jeffrey Wilder, the only things she do not have is ages since she have commanding genes in her blood and have quite many fan girls instead of one. What else does she need

@the pictures: you think Sheryl will say "I love you"and kiss Ranka or something? :P
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 10:28   Link #428
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And maybe this happens:

Spoiler:


Oh noes!!! I forgot about that!

In any case, it would be unique
__________________
Crimrui is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 12:57   Link #429
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And maybe this happens:

Spoiler:


It Seems Sheryl and Alto will explain her what happenned but there will be a vajra attack the next episode so this scene will takes place before the attack, because they will not waste their time at this juncture(unless they are trap like they already were in a emergency room,unlikely) It will probably occur at the start of the episode when Brera is still not there to protect her.
Everyone jump to the conclusion that Alto will not run after her but Brera might pick her before they finish their conversation due to the vajra attack. Mikhail and Klan take Sheryl and Alto leaves to find Ranka and find her in tears/shock .
( OK ....I know ...I'm rairing for the next episode)
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 13:29   Link #430
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Oh noes!!! I forgot about that!

In any case, it would be unique
It may be Ranka slapped Alto and Sheryl is trying to keep her calm.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 14:44   Link #431
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 31
Ranka looks pissed in the picture. I guess she felt betrayed, even though Alto wasn't her boyfriend to begin with.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:01   Link #432
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Ranka looks pissed in the picture. I guess she felt betrayed, even though Alto wasn't her boyfriend to begin with.
Yeah it's because of that I thought Ranka slapped Alto. Well he deserves it because he's too much of a jerk lately: he's playing with the feelings of two nice girls and this is unforgivable... I know he doesn't do it on purpose (ala School Days) but there must be a limit to cluessness and Ranka's slap could be that limit.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:06   Link #433
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Yeah it's because of that I thought Ranka slapped Alto. Well he deserves it because he's too much of a jerk lately: he's playing with the feelings of two nice girls and this is unforgivable... I know he doesn't do it on purpose (ala School Days) but there must be a limit to cluessness and Ranka's slap could be that limit.
Um, what? How exactly has Alto been "playing" with their feelings?

You can accuse the guy of obliviousness or indecisiveness, but there has been no active "playing" on his part.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:08   Link #434
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Um, what? How exactly has Alto been "playing" with their feelings?

You can accuse the guy of obliviousness or indecisiveness, but there has been no active "playing" on his part.
What part of "I know he isn't doing it on purpose" isn't clear for you? I only stated that Alto is indirectly playing with their feelings, this is a fact, what are his reasons is another story.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:17   Link #435
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
What part of "I know he isn't doing it on purpose" isn't clear for you? I only stated that Alto is indirectly playing with their feelings, this is a fact, what are his reasons is another story.
Sorry, if the first part of your sentence reads like Alto is purposely upsetting the girls feelings ( which "playing with someones feelings" means, it clearly infers that you are jerking someone emotionally around on purpose. ) and then you negate that first part in the same sentence, one gets confused.

Itīs as if you had sad "Alto is being a jerk for being active... but I know he is being passive.". Part a.) doesnīt work with part b.).
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:26   Link #436
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After going back and watching the episode again something caught my eye.

The most effective weapon so far against the vajara has been Ranka's voice. I couldn't help but to notice that they chose to show the Vajara eggs hatching during Ranka's concert. If the original theory is true and the Vajara evolve to protect themselves against attacks in each generation, then at some point Ranka's voice could also be made obsolete. The timing for the eggs hatching and Ranka's concert seems suspicious and she was in a good mood while she was singing she was not upset. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine the Vajara evolving to communicate on a different frequency then the one Ranka sings on therefore leaving their line of communication open and not distorted.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:32   Link #437
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sorry, if the first part of your sentence reads like Alto is purposely upsetting the girls feelings ( which "playing with someones feelings" means, it clearly infers that you are jerking someone emotionally around on purpose. ) and then you negate that first part in the same sentence, one gets confused.

Itīs as if you had sad "Alto is being a jerk for being active... but I know he is being passive.". Part a.) doesnīt work with part b.).
being passive = (indirectly) playing with their feelings. The two parts work well together imho, btw the main point is that Alto's clueslessness is causing confusion and pain to two girls so this is unforgivable no matter what. It isn't like a thing outside Alto's control, if he's clueless and doesn't know how to treat women it's his own personal problem.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-08-20, 15:46   Link #438
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
being passive = (indirectly) playing with their feelings. The two parts work well together imho, btw the main point is that Alto's clueslessness is causing confusion and pain to two girls so this is unforgivable no matter what. It isn't like a thing outside Alto's control, if he's clueless and doesn't know how to treat women it's his own personal problem.
Sorry, "playing with someones feelings" implies intent. I hope you are not seriously saying that Alto intends to do that to the girls?

If he is simply clueless, then it isnīt his fault per se, because he just doesnīt know how to react. That may be a lack of experience or fear that he will hurt one girl ( which puts him out of the "clueless" group, though ).

"Unforgivable" is, in any case, a badly chosen word, because if he is clueless, he is also guiltless.

I fear you chose a poor sentence to describe how Alto interacts with the girls. "Playing with their feelings" is simply inappropiate. It implies active manipulation of their feelings, and it does not have a more innocent allusion of which I am aware of.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-08-21, 01:15   Link #439
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sorry, "playing with someones feelings" implies intent. I hope you are not seriously saying that Alto intends to do that to the girls?

If he is simply clueless, then it isnīt his fault per se, because he just doesnīt know how to react. That may be a lack of experience or fear that he will hurt one girl ( which puts him out of the "clueless" group, though ).

"Unforgivable" is, in any case, a badly chosen word, because if he is clueless, he is also guiltless.

I fear you chose a poor sentence to describe how Alto interacts with the girls. "Playing with their feelings" is simply inappropiate. It implies active manipulation of their feelings, and it does not have a more innocent allusion of which I am aware of.
Yeah I understood the true meaning oif "playing with their feeling", but I explained what I meant with that... I'm not English mothertongue so please don't mind my silly mistakes.
Anyway I don't agree with you regarding Alto being guiltless... even if there isn't the will if you hurt someone you're responsible anyway. It's like when you kill someone in a car accident because you are drunk: you didn't have the will to kill but you're guilty anyway. It's another kind of responsability of course, but it exists and can't be ignored imho.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-08-21, 02:25   Link #440
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Anyway I don't agree with you regarding Alto being guiltless... even if there isn't the will if you hurt someone you're responsible anyway. It's like when you kill someone in a car accident because you are drunk: you didn't have the will to kill but you're guilty anyway. It's another kind of responsability of course, but it exists and can't be ignored imho.
Are you kidding me? You cannot compare someone deliberately getting drunk and then recklessly driving while under the influence to Alto being dense about the girls feelings.

Even your example presumes ill intent or at least recklessness. Alto has not demonstrated at all being having any intent to harm the girls feelings, Iīd rather say that his denseness in regards to them is more of an intent to not harm the feelings of one of them.

I cannot in good faith say that he is completely oblivous to how they feel, after episode 15 at the latest he should haven known, but I cannot detect anything but goodwill from him towards them.
magnuskn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.