AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-20, 13:46   Link #1
Khalin

Comedy Like Lucky Star/Hayate No Gotoku?

Hi there everyone

I was hoping that you guys would be able to suggest some comedy anime like Lucky Star or Hayate No Gotoku.

I really liked the randomness and "Otaku" lifestyle that Lucky Star brought and the entire series was just a lot of fun. So something that is just light hearted with a similar type of humour would be a good recommendation.

Hayate No Gotoku was also another one of those light hearted anime where you just enjoy yourself throughout the series. A ton of parodies and character misunderstandings that led to a lot of funny moments.

thanks!
Old 2008-08-20, 14:06   Link #2
Quancio

Try Minami-ke and Seto no Hanayome
Old 2008-08-20, 14:18   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Genshiken is a slice of life series with a good amount of the otaku humour and references.
Old 2008-08-21, 08:16   Link #4
Coruja

I strongly second Minami-ke and Genshiken. Also, you'll probably like Zero no Tsukaima and Lovely★Complex.
Old 2008-08-21, 11:28   Link #5
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For really random comedies:

Minami-ke - used to be compared to Lucky Star for various reasons but stands out on its own.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - hilarious in many ways, but may require you to watch Full Metal Panic first for much better effect and. It is a comedy sequel to the mecha anime. It returns to mecha in The Second Raid. The mecha main stories have good humour as well.

Sumomo mo momo mo - insanely funny 'martial arts' action coupled with its main theme: to bear a child with the strongest genes, in this case martial arts. Extremely cheesy to laugh with, greatly enjoyable.

To-Love-ru - One of the ecchi anime with more tasteful humour, very enjoyable to watch and definitely gives you smiles.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Extreme in many ways, guilty pleasure viewing, it makes you laugh at blood and guts and is borderline hentai. Totally random in most cases and leaves you in stitches.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-08-21, 11:43   Link #6
AceD
See You En' Tee

you should like 'Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de' if you like Hayate
Old 2008-08-21, 13:25   Link #7
Khalin

awesome thanks a ton guys.

I've started watching Seto No Hanayome and its hilarious. Definitely check out the rest at some point but I'm also just glad that most of these are series I haven't seen yet so I'll probably have something to watch for the next month.

Great recommendations!
Closed Thread