AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 22:56   Link #1
Kionna

series recommendations??

i been away from anime for a while..

last great series i watched was witch hunter robin...

what are some good series to watch now.. i like action/samurai stuff alot.. dark animes..

watched baku tenshi.. madlax.. and gantz.. but they only have few ep so far..

recommend some stuff .. thanks
Old 2004-04-29, 00:18   Link #2
sup12a
noob member

thers always naruto, full metal alchemist
Old 2004-04-29, 00:30   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

• Mermaid's Forest - A dark and twisted tale about the evils that men might do in quest for immortality. Just when you think you've seen the worst, you'll discover that there are depths yet to be plumbed. This is seriously messed up. Curiously, it is by Rumiko Takahashi, the creator of Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Inu-Yasha and others. It proves that she can create something very serious and deep when she tries.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist - Lots of fun, lot of action, lots of really enjoyable characters. Just to top things off it even has a good bit of its own brand of philosophy. Not a bad mix, it is light and fun with enough seriousness to keep me coming back for more.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-29, 01:41   Link #4
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kionna
i been away from anime for a while..

last great series i watched was witch hunter robin...

what are some good series to watch now.. i like action/samurai stuff alot.. dark animes..

watched baku tenshi.. madlax.. and gantz.. but they only have few ep so far..

recommend some stuff .. thanks
If you're looking for an action / samurai show, try out Peacemaker Kurogane. It's a bit more of a comedy at times, but the fight scenes are pretty awesome when they do happen. As for dark: Monster is awesome. It's not samurai related at all, and is more of a drama / thriller / detective story, but it's truly a terrific and oftentimes haunting series. Not sure why but I think about episodes of it long after I've seen them.

And, of course, I agree with the others that posted before me. Naruto is tremendously good at times, and Full Metal Alchemist can go from funny to traumatizing within seconds. When it goes dark, you feel it.
Old 2004-04-29, 03:03   Link #5
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
A good one thats not licensed yet is Peace maker Kurogane its in the samurai genre and its a good watch throughout. Lunar and some other groups released this so finding it is fairly easy.

A dark anime to watch thats been suggested is Mermaid's forest, I think its season 2 for a series called Rumic theatre, though I havn't seen the 1st and have no idea if its anything to do with mermaids forest (I don't think so as mermaids forest gives you all the details in the series and the story seems like it starts from that season anyway) but they are both available for download might as well check them both at the same time.

And my favorite anime right now to watch thats action packed is shadow skill tv (the ova's are licensed I think) but the sereis is not check it out the release from the group is at ep 23 out of 26 so not long off to the end I highly recommend it.

Cheers
Rob
Old 2004-04-29, 03:12   Link #6
sothis

mermaid's forest is a fantastic recommendation.

also:
(click links for info/screenshots)

Wolf's Rain

Last Exile

Hundred Stories

could list way more, there are too many!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2004-04-29, 03:36   Link #7
Yoshi31
Resident Dinosaur

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi31 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshi31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup12a
thers always naruto, full metal alchemist
werd
Naruto -fun ninja action!
Full metal Achemist -Alchemy at its best (no lead to gold here!)
MadLax - from the teams that did Noir (one of the best) and .//hack cant beat that