AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2008-08-15, 20:31   Link #21
game861

Can't connect to Anirena tracker

At first I thought it was because the tracker was down but it is not. I was trying to download Sekirei 5 - 7. I thought it was bitcomet, but all other downloads work fine. Can someone help me, please?

Edit: Sorry posted in the wrong section, not to mention there is a thread about this in Download help.

Last edited by game861; 2008-08-15 at 20:47.
game861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 20:39   Link #22
kramerica

At the moment, I cannot access the forums at all :\

(edit: I can access it now thanks)

Nanael is not amused.

Last edited by kramerica; 2008-08-15 at 21:47.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 21:52   Link #23
Korb

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
And it looks like the filter is back in place again. I don't even know why I bother complaining anymore.
Old 2008-08-21, 16:26   Link #24
pparker

I am getting no response from any anirena address for hours now, and all torrents using their tracker are dead after a reboot (thought it was my router). Is there a way to find out if the tracker is down, or is this to do with the earlier posts on anti-piracy settings?
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 16:34   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

The site does appear to be down at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitters View Post
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 07:06   Link #26
Alderwolf

I can not access any of Anirena's web sites including the forms that are supposed to be "white listed" according to the post from power2all unless I use a proxy. Are they blanket banning IP's for any little reason? How many of you have been affected by this?
Alderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 03:53   Link #27
Korb

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderwolf View Post
I can not access any of Anirena's web sites including the forms that are supposed to be "white listed" according to the post from power2all unless I use a proxy. Are they blanket banning IP's for any little reason? How many of you have been affected by this?
They blocked BayTSP from the entire site (www, forum, and tracker) on the 19th, so either you've been caught in that net, or they aren't able to specify particular blocks for particular subdomains. IMO, the best resolution to this whole fiasco is to let them do their blocking, but to encourage your favorite fansub groups to use a different tracker to publish torrents on.
Old 2008-08-24, 06:32   Link #28
Alderwolf

.... I'm coming into this late and after more reading I'm astonished at what is going on. I sympathize with the people at Anirena but knee jerking to crap from BayTSP and other companies like this is a very bad move. Using the PeerGuardian database to block IP's is not going to protect them in any way in the long run (companies like BayTSP can easily get around this with just a few clicks of a mouse) and only annoys innocent people like me.

I fear your right Korb, groups are going to start listening to people complaining about not being able to download their torrents and leave Anirena. This is sad because Anirena is one of the best torrent trackers out there and its staff mean well.

*edit*
Seems Anirena did the right thing and amended its banning to just BayTSP and FUNimation. I'm sure this list will grow over time naturally but at least anime lovers who are legitimate users can access their torrents and web sites. Thank you Anirena.

Last edited by Alderwolf; 2008-08-24 at 23:00. Reason: update
Alderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote