AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-26, 06:23   Link #2041
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
What a crap comment <_<
Well, its true. Look at the posts: 'C.C. deserves to rot in hell.' to 'C.C. deserves to have a super happy ending'. There was hardly any middle ground.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:30   Link #2042
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well, its true. Look at the posts: 'C.C. deserves to rot in hell.' to 'C.C. deserves to have a super happy ending'. There was hardly any middle ground.
I know, but you will only revive the shipping war

And it's not only in this thread. The only post that I really blame is 'C.C. deserves to rot in hell.'. I would like to read threads filled with love, not hate.

When I read something like that, or "kallen is a bitch", I'm not happy at all. If a person dislike a character, they can also avoid the thread of that particular character. Or at least, not write message like that.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:32   Link #2043
Darkcraft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The nearsightedness in this thread is baffling, downright baffling. It seems all people do is bounce from one rediculous extreme to the other.
There isn't really nothing extreme in the CC Thread

Spoiler for CC is a Goddess:
Darkcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:34   Link #2044
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcraft View Post
There isn't really nothing extreme in the CC Thread

Spoiler for CC is a Goddess:
Lelouch Y C.C. mdr
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:34   Link #2045
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I know, but you will only revive the shipping war

And it's not only in this thread. The only post that I really blame is 'C.C. deserves to rot in hell.'. I would like to read threads filled with love, not hate.

When I read something like that, or "kallen is a bitch", I'm not happy at all. If a person dislike a character, they can also avoid the thread of that particular character. Or at least, not write message like that.
Well this has hardly anything to do with shipping, this is simply what the show has presented. This isn't a super happy show with flowers at every bend, people's decisions come to bite them in the ass eventually. For C.C. that has not happened yet.

I blame both, simply because they both reek of bias. Saying she deserves a pure happy ending is shallow. Favorite character or not, she has a price to pay just like every other character in this plot has paid.

C.C. is a bitch, Kallen and Lelouch are mongers, Schneizel is a backstabber, everyone has a title they can be given, and most are justifiable since no character (that is still living) is pure.

Last edited by Var; 2008-08-26 at 06:49.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:35   Link #2046
Darkcraft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Lelouch Y C.C. mdr
c'est méchant
Its a X fastly draw
Darkcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:35   Link #2047
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well this has hardly anything to do with shipping, this is simply what the show has presented. This isn't a super happy show with flowers at every bend, people's decisions come to bite them in the ass eventually. For C.C. that has not happened yet.

I blame both, simply because they both reek of bias. Saying she deserves a pure happy ending is shallow. Favorite character or not, she has a price to pay just like every other character in this plot has paid.

C.C. is a bitch, Kallen and Lelouch are mongerers, Schneizel is a backstabber, everyone has a title they can be given, and most are justifiable since no character (that is still living) is pure.
I disagree, but forget it.

BTW, what is a mongerer?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:40   Link #2048
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
BTW, what is a mongerer?
People who deal in the unlikeable, in this case its death and war.

(Edit: Just realized the spelling error I made, it's mongers. Not mongerers. )
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:53   Link #2049
Stretch5920
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I think some people are missing the point of what the kid C.C showed us. The C.C we know is not the real C.C. It's a twisted, cursed personality that has suffered all kinds of torment and killed most of her feelings/soul/heart. She is another victim of Geass. Since she got a Geass C.C has suffered AND caused other people to suffer.

Killing C.C's code, her memories and immortality IS granting her wish. She gets to restart her life from when she was an innocent girl. She can then live the normal life she was denied. Grow up, make friends and one day fall in love with some guy,etc. All the things that the Geass denied her.

Of course it will probably take a while for her to adjust to modern day life. She should be fine since Lelouch would take care of her like the kind big brother he is.

That's the happiest ending I can see for her. The kid C.C gets to be happy, the immortal C.C dies.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:57   Link #2050
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
People who deal in the unlikeable, in this case its death and war.
Not just the unlikeable. After all, people like fish, right? But fish sellers are called "fishmongers".
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:59   Link #2051
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Not just the unlikeable. After all, people like fish, right? But fish sellers are called "fishmongers".
I used only the second definition of the word. I tend to not completely define words with meanings that are irrelevant to the discussion, monger has a negative conotation and I used that one.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:34   Link #2052
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I used only the second definition of the word. I tend to not completely define words with meanings that are irrelevant to the discussion, monger has a negative conotation and I used that one.
If you use second meaning, then that means Kallen and Lelouch are promoting death and war.
In second meaning, monger means a person promoting something undesirable or discreditable. Thus, that makes Lelouch and Kallen warmongers...advocates of war.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:35   Link #2053
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
If you use second meaning, then that means Kallen and Lelouch are promoting death and war.
In second meaning, monger means a person promoting something undesirable or discreditable. Thus, that makes Lelouch and Kallen warmongers...advocates of war.
Which they are... Lelouch is at least, Kallen more by proxy.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:39   Link #2054
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Which they are... Lelouch is at least, Kallen more by proxy.
Oh, I see. Thought you made a mistake.

*damn you...*

Oh, and it will be bad if C.C will die as C.C.. She is much better than 10 years old C.C.
That's why C.C should survive, better with immortality ( so that she can't have children).

Most of fans like C.C. as C.C, not a 10 year old girl.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:45   Link #2055
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Oh, I see. Thought you made a mistake.

*damn you...*

Oh, and it will be bad if C.C will die as C.C.. She is much better than 10 years old C.C.
That's why C.C should survive, better with immortality ( so that she can't have children).

Most of fans like C.C. as C.C, not a 10 year old girl.
Well, its not like I want her to die. But more that Geass has to be destroyed by the end of this series if the end is to make sense at all.

I'm of the impression that they already wrote off C.C.'s character at Ep.15, since the method with which they reintroduced her means that she was not forced into being removed from the plot by circumstances and did it herself. That is usually how a character is removed from the plot. In that time they gave us the original, uncorrupted person below C.C.. Her sudden reintroduction, in my opinion, is to wrap up her character. If you want to look at it from the romance angle, what they did with her from Ep.16 to Ep.20 made no sense, at least to me, because they were sacrificing ideal time for them to bond on a more personal level for... what? Shoddy development is shoddy.

Her being immortal would just be a 'fuck you' to her character. She does not want to be immortal, and if she is, she's going to outlive Lelouch in the end, again. (note: I do not see Lelouch becoming immortal as that would make the ending rather... pointless. There's no suspense or drama if the main character cannot die.)
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 08:00   Link #2056
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well, its not like I want her to die. But more that Geass has to be destroyed by the end of this series if the end is to make sense at all.

I'm of the impression that they already wrote off C.C.'s character at Ep.15, since the method with which they reintroduced her means that she was not forced into being removed from the plot by circumstances and did it herself. That is usually how a character is removed from the plot. In that time they gave us the original, uncorrupted person below C.C.. Her sudden reintroduction, in my opinion, is to wrap up her character.

Her being immortal would just be a 'fuck you' to her character. She does not want to be immortal, and if she is, she's going to outlive Lelouch in the end, again. (note: I do not see Lelouch becoming immortal as that would make the ending rather... pointless. There's no suspense or drama if the main character cannot die.)
Oh, and I don't want her to die because i don't want Geass to be destroyed. Why destroy it? Because people use it for "bad" things? Then destroy all weapons, and humans. It's not Geass's fault that people use it for bad means. And heck, without Geass Lelouch is no one, no matter what he was saying about planning to do rebellion without Geass.
In my opinion, with present level of science in CG, Geass can't be destroyed. The most it can do is to limit the number of people with Codes to one. But that one will be close to God ( or even surpass him). So Geass will exist.

About C.C. being immortal, won't it make her ending both tragic and happy? If she will realize that immortality is not only a curse ( apart form not able to have children and watching you husband cheat on you and then die). It also gives you chance to watch the progress of humanity, and travel to distant stars~.
And about Lelouch being immortal. I have no fucking idea what will it happen with him. Everything on this point seems as bad writing. It's zugzwang.
Even though i want Lelouch to become immortal, it will remove most of tension, like you said. Lelouch staying mortal... Who get's the Code? C.C? Hm.. not a bad idea. Ok, Lelouch stays mortal and with geass. Fine by me. He can even kill C.C. ( if he will dare <.<) when she will be tired of him.

But there goes my dream of childless immortal couple, in which husband will have to make kids with other women. Drama!

Oh, and about Marianne, because she certainly could seal herself with Charles or take the Code. I don't think it will happen this way.
I think she will just stay in Anya's body, enjoying the life.
( Ye-ye, that's very cruel to Anya, but i don't like saying "One death is tragedy, One Million a statistic)
It's like semi-immortality. Or phenomenon.
Like Marianne takes body of some person when...something interesting happens. So that she can enjoy it (eeeevil~).
But it's not immortality as immortality( because she doesn't want it), she lives only in intervals of time ( I hope you get what I'm trying to say - her life is like that of Tatami from Melty Blood).
So Marianne will just enjoy her life in new loli body.
And help destroy Charles, who could ruin her plan by doing that God-destruction-thing.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 08:31   Link #2057
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Oh, and I don't want her to die because i don't want Geass to be destroyed. Why destroy it? Because people use it for "bad" things? Then destroy all weapons, and humans. It's not Geass's fault that people use it for bad means. And heck, without Geass Lelouch is no one, no matter what he was saying about planning to do rebellion without Geass.
In my opinion, with present level of science in CG, Geass can't be destroyed. The most it can do is to limit the number of people with Codes to one. But that one will be close to God ( or even surpass him). So Geass will exist.
Ep.13 ~ Lelouch declares that he will destroy Geass. His actions in Ep.20 are to seal away Geass forever (remember he has no knowledge of Marianne and C.C.). Since Shirley's death, one of Lelouch's objectives has been to annihilate Geass. Removing that power was (and is) his justification for destroying the cult, killing V.V., and imprisoning himself and Charles. He's done this all for Shirley. I doubt that will ever change unless he's dead. Lelouch will not allow Geass to exist. It is also hardly comparable to guns and weapons because everyone has equal access to weapons and the ability to use them, there are also laws that govern said objects. There is no way to govern or control Geass, otherwise you start witch hunts and mass induced paranoia. A moot comparison.

Geass has been shown to be destroyable. Jeremiah is living proof that Geass is not an ultimate. C.C. has shown that she can seal away her code (even with it being overly plot convenient). And Lelouch is not wrong in his assumption that sealing away the Codes in the Thought Elevators is one way of removing them from the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
About C.C. being immortal, won't it make her ending both tragic and happy? If she will realize that immortality is not only a curse ( apart form not able to have children and watching you husband cheat on you and then die). It also gives you chance to watch the progress of humanity, and travel to distant stars~.
And about Lelouch being immortal. I have no fucking idea what will it happen with him. Everything on this point seems as bad writing. It's zugzwang.
Even though i want Lelouch to become immortal, it will remove most of tension, like you said. Lelouch staying mortal... Who get's the Code? C.C? Hm.. not a bad idea. Ok, Lelouch stays mortal and with geass. Fine by me. He can even kill C.C. ( if he will dare <.<) when she will be tired of him.
It will make her ending the same as what happened with Mao, more or less. Not to mention that she does not want to be alive (in some ways), let alone be immortal.

Geass ending next episode is hardly bad writing with where this plot has been going, which is Schneizel against Lelouch. Lelouch suddenly becoming immortal and subsequently failing his objective entirely would be bad writing since it renders all his actions in the past rather baseless, and the ending would be an utter bore.

I wouldn't be half surprised if Charles' intention is to destroy the codes as well, since Geass is the root of the world's lies. He may be the one to destroy them and free Lelouch, for all we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
But there goes my dream of childless immortal couple, in which husband will have to make kids with other women. Drama!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Oh, and about Marianne, because she certainly could seal herself with Charles or take the Code. I don't think it will happen this way.
I think she will just stay in Anya's body, enjoying the life.
( Ye-ye, that's very cruel to Anya, but i don't like saying "One death is tragedy, One Million a statistic)
It's like semi-immortality. Or phenomenon.
Like Marianne takes body of some person when...something interesting happens. So that she can enjoy it (eeeevil~).
But it's not immortality as immortality( because she doesn't want it), she lives only in intervals of time ( I hope you get what I'm trying to say - her life is like that of Tatami from Melty Blood).
So Marianne will just enjoy her life in new loli body.
And help destroy Charles, who could ruin her plan by doing that God-destruction-thing.
Anya's had an underlying plot of becoming herself, if you remember her trying to piece together who she is. I doubt they'll end it with mega-bitch Marianne possesing her body till she dies of age.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:08   Link #2058
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Oh, and about Marianne, because she certainly could seal herself with Charles or take the Code. I don't think it will happen this way.
I think she will just stay in Anya's body, enjoying the life.
( Ye-ye, that's very cruel to Anya, but i don't like saying "One death is tragedy, One Million a statistic)
It's like semi-immortality. Or phenomenon.
Like Marianne takes body of some person when...something interesting happens. So that she can enjoy it (eeeevil~).
But it's not immortality as immortality( because she doesn't want it), she lives only in intervals of time ( I hope you get what I'm trying to say - her life is like that of Tatami from Melty Blood).
So Marianne will just enjoy her life in new loli body.
And help destroy Charles, who could ruin her plan by doing that God-destruction-thing.
As I said it in the other thread

Quote:
My opinion is that till episode 18, Nunnaly was not in danger. If Charles wanted to kill Nunnaly and Lelouch, he had plenty of opportunities to do it. And Nunnaly, is the hands of Britannia, was not in danger.

Till episode 20, IMO it seems that Marianne was not able to take control of Anya's body. And since C.C. has sealed herself in 15, she was not able to contact her to say "something bad will happen, go help nunnaly/lelouch!"

So, she was not able to do anything. The only thing she could do was to save lelouch from Anya in 18.
Marianne IMO is not an evil character nor a bitch (i dislike that word a lot).

She tried to save lelouch in 18. Now I think she will try to save him (with C.C.) in 21.

About C.C., I still think that marianne knows what C.C.'s true wish is, and she teased her in 20 because the reason C.C. refused to die is that she has feelings for Lelouch. I will not quote the discussion between marianne and C.C. again but I think that Marianne will try to help Lelouch AND C.C.. So in 21, I think that Marianne and Charles will die, but not Lelouch and C.C...

If someone wants to reply just to say that Marianne is a bitch, I will say that I don't care.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:10   Link #2059
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007


The final pairing, and then every ship in the Geass fleet promptly looked the other way and started fighting again where they could't see the HMS Anya :P
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:15   Link #2060
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
About C.C., I still think that marianne knows what C.C.'s true wish is, and she teased her in 20 because the reason C.C. refused to die is that she has feelings for Lelouch. I will no quote the discussion between marianne and C.C. again but I think that Marianne will try to help Lelouch AND C.C.. So in 21, I think that Marianne and Charles will die, but not Lelouch and C.C...

If someone wants to reply just to say that Marianne is a bitch, I will say that I don't care.
That really doesn't make any sense unless she means love in friendly ways.
Her true wish supposedly is to be love.
But if she knows it Then why did she violate it?
I think marianne is talking about the death wish as she couldn't kill CC as she did not wish for immortality.
That's why she asked why didn't she take Charles offer and CC answers i don't know.
That's Why Marianya is mysterious i think CC is playing dumb on purpose is going to betray Marianya and her plans and save lelouch.
Those are my thoughts at least.

Though your point about Marianya does not make sense

But if your talking about tomadachi Love i am down XD
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.