AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-26, 10:52   Link #2081
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Either way she was hiding that she knew until he pried it out of her at the party. I think she even told him how he didn't want to know. I'm still waiting and going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe she had a good reason.

It's just looking bad how much she's kept from him all this time.
Well I think a lot of the lies may have something to do with the possibilty of her being confused about what she really wants. Its seems like she doesn't let people in to what she is feeling. A lot of that probably stems from the fact of the way she has lived for so long.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:52   Link #2082
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Her hiding crucial information would poke Lelouch off his path, ergo her goal is to keep him on or somewhere near the one he is currently on.

This backs up the "C.C Marriane and Charles are carving emperor #99" theory from a year ago...
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:53   Link #2083
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Either way she was hiding that she knew until he pried it out of her at the party. I think she even told him how he didn't want to know. I'm still waiting and going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe she had a good reason.

It's just looking bad how much she's kept from him all this time.
It seems that she wanted to protect him from something. In the episode when C.C. was interrupted by shirley, Lelouch asked something and C.C. told him something about V.V...

I will bring up the conversation, just wait >o<
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 10:59   Link #2084
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It seems that she wanted to protect him from something. In the episode when C.C. was interrupted by shirley, Lelouch asked something and C.C. told him something about V.V...

I will bring up the conversation, just wait >o<
She told him who gave Emperor Geass. it was V.V.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:03   Link #2085
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Either way she was hiding that she knew until he pried it out of her at the party. I think she even told him how he didn't want to know. I'm still waiting and going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe she had a good reason.

It's just looking bad how much she's kept from him all this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It seems that she wanted to protect him from something. In the episode when C.C. was interrupted by shirley, Lelouch asked something and C.C. told him something about V.V...

I will bring up the conversation, just wait >o<

Episode 5:

Lelouch: And? The one that gave the Emperor his Geass and informed Suzaku of Geass is the same person?

C.C.: Yes but knowing anymore of this will get you...

Lelouch: I'm already in this mess.

C.C.: V.V..

Lelouch: V.V.? Was Suzaku given Geass as well?

C.C.: No, that doesn't seem to be the case.

C.C.: Anyway; being near you-
*shirley interrupted the conversation*
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:05   Link #2086
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Episode 5:

Lelouch: And? The one that gave the Emperor his Geass and informed Suzaku of Geass is the same person?

C.C.: Yes but knowing anymore of this will get you...

Lelouch: I'm already in this mess.

C.C.: V.V..

Lelouch: V.V.? Was Suzaku given Geass as well?

C.C.: No, that doesn't seem to be the case.

C.C.: Anyway; being near you-
*shirley interrupted the conversation*
did you read what he said.
he said she didn't she anything until the party XD
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:06   Link #2087
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Episode 5:

Lelouch: And? The one that gave the Emperor his Geass and informed Suzaku of Geass is the same person?

C.C.: Yes but knowing anymore of this will get you...

Lelouch: I'm already in this mess.

C.C.: V.V..

Lelouch: V.V.? Was Suzaku given Geass as well?

C.C.: No, that doesn't seem to be the case.

C.C.: Anyway; being near you-
*shirley interrupted the conversation*
Interesting... That last part wasn't on my subs. I wonder what she was going to say... Being near you makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:08   Link #2088
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well I think a lot of the lies may have something to do with the possibilty of her being confused about what she really wants. Its seems like she doesn't let people in to what she is feeling. A lot of that probably stems from the fact of the way she has lived for so long.
But she never told Lelouch that she gave his mother the Geass power and they had a contract. She's know about that all the time.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:09   Link #2089
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
did you read what he said.
he said she didn't she anything until the party XD
My point was that she tried to protect him:

C.C.: Yes but knowing anymore of this will get you...
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:09   Link #2090
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Well, Marriane was around before Lelouch was a twinkle in her eye, she already had the loyalty to Marriane that Lelouch is starting to have from her.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:10   Link #2091
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Interesting... That last part wasn't on my subs. I wonder what she was going to say... Being near you makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Maybe
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:10   Link #2092
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
But she never told Lelouch that she gave his mother the Geass power and they had a contract. She's know about that all the time.
to be fair CC keeps a hell of lot information. Why is the question.
we don't know in 21 we will find out.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:12   Link #2093
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
But she never told Lelouch that she gave his mother the Geass power and they had a contract. She's know about that all the time.
Thats why I didn't say state anything in my post with absolute certainty because there are many other things it could be. I think a possible flashback in episode 21 will explain a lot. I really there is defenitley something fishy going on and hopefully its all revealed next episode. Sometimes things are better off not telling someone like Nunnaly not knowing Lelouch was Zero.

Well as for C.C. not telling Lelouch about her and Marianne perhaps she thought it woul stop Lelouch from fullfilling his contract. Lelouch knowing about Marianne may have been too much for him to grasp at that point and it may still be seeing as it looks he will discover the truth soon. Do I sense another lunatic laugh from Lelouch?
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:15   Link #2094
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
to be fair CC keeps a hell of lot information. Why is the question.
we don't know in 21 we will find out.
To reach his goal and fullfil the contract, Lelouch didn't have to know everything about Geass. So C.C. didn't have to tell him, mainly to protect him (imo).

But then he wanted to know more about Geass, then the Geass became part of his goals.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:16   Link #2095
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
to be fair CC keeps a hell of lot information. Why is the question.
we don't know in 21 we will find out.
Same reason that Zero doesn't tell the Black Knights about Geass. There are things that you're happier off not knowing.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:29   Link #2096
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Same reason that Zero doesn't tell the Black Knights about Geass. There are things that you're happier off not knowing.
well that didn't end well did it?
Also the whole reason of that scene was that lieing and withholding the truth is bad.
i don't think that's good similarity you want if your a CC fan.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:32   Link #2097
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
well that didn't end well did it?
Also the whole reason of that scene was that lieing and withholding the truth is bad.
i don't think that's good similarity you want if your a CC fan.
What could he have done?

Zero: Hey guys, I just controlled Euphie to kill the Japanese by accident, but we can turn this to our advantage!
Ougi: Wait, you what Euphie!?
Zero: ATTACK!
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:36   Link #2098
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
What could he have done?

Zero: Hey guys, I just controlled Euphie to kill the Japanese by accident, but we can turn this to our advantage!
Ougi: Wait, you what Euphie!?
Zero: ATTACK!
no the point is he could have been honest from the get go.
but he didn't he hid aways in his mask of deceit called zero.
His life is made up full of lies.
This getting offtopic
so i end with this thought i think you should change your comparison because it is not a good one.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:36   Link #2099
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
To reach his goal and fullfil the contract, Lelouch didn't have to know everything about Geass. So C.C. didn't have to tell him, mainly to protect him (imo).

But then he wanted to know more about Geass, then the Geass became part of his goals.
You realise that not telling someone the truth is usually far more dangerous when they are doing exactly what Lelouch is/was doing... right? He is taking on an unknown enemy, Charles, she knows that else she's an utter idiot. Not disclosing: Charles' power, Charles' partners, a fucking cult ready to kill Lelouch at any moment, are not good ways to show you care for someone. Its like sending them into a lion's den without telling them there are lions inside.

And please, the Geass has always been a part of his goals because (here's another list) Charles had Geass, Lelouch himself used Geassed, V.V., and the cult. It has always been a part of his objective she just never told him.

Case in point, giving someone the benefit of the doubt is nice, ignoring the facts that have been presented to give someone said enormous and unjustified benefit of the doubt annoys me to no end.

Further this that the only reason Lelouch is still alive is seemingly because Charles did not want him to be killed, where as V.V. did, and really, you're serving to paint a positive picture of Charles, not Marianne or C.C..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Same reason that Zero doesn't tell the Black Knights about Geass. There are things that you're happier off not knowing.
Kallen makes your point moot. Even if its only one person, there is someone within the Order who can understand Lelouch's dealings and act accordingly. Whereas in C.C.'s situation she is the only one with information and can do whatever the fuck she wants with it because no one can question her actions.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:38   Link #2100
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Kallen makes your point moot. Even if its only one person, there is someone within the Order who can understand Lelouch's dealings and act accordingly. Whereas in C.C.'s situation she is the only one with information and can do whatever the fuck she wants with it because no one can question her actions.
Lelouch didn't tell Kallen about Geass. Kallen learned about it from C.C. and Suzaku.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.