AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-26, 11:39   Link #2101
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Lelouch didn't tell Kallen about Geass. Kallen learned about it from C.C. and Suzaku.
The point is she had the information, and he did inform her about Geass as well seeing as how she openly asked him. C.C. has a monopoly on the information, meaning no one can question her actions. Lelouch's actions can be, and have been, question by Kallen.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:40   Link #2102
katel
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
no the point is he could have been honest from the get go.
but he didn't he hid aways in his mask of deceit called zero.
His life is made up full of lies.
This getting offtopic
so i end with this thought i think you should change your comparison because it is not a good one.
episode 1
oogi: who r u
lulu: britianna prince. listen if you want to live

sory but you dont make sense
katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:43   Link #2103
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by katel View Post
episode 1
oogi: who r u
lulu: britianna prince. listen if you want to live

sory but you dont make sense
exactly Lelouch knew it wouldn't work that's why he decided to lie.
Doesn't mean what he did in the process was good and dandy.
He massacred people in his emo rage and ruin people lives in his quest.
In the end that way didn't work.
withholding the truth always seems bite you in the ass as apparent in the black knights betrayal.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:45   Link #2104
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The point is she had the information, and he did inform her about Geass as well seeing as how she openly asked him. C.C. has a monopoly on the information, meaning no one can question her actions. Lelouch's actions can be, and have been, question by Kallen.
Lelouch's actions were questioned even when the Black Knights knew nothing of Geass. Knowing something doesn't make anyone immune to criticism from other people that don't.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:47   Link #2105
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
And please, the Geass has always been a part of his goals because (here's another list) Charles had Geass, Lelouch himself used Geassed, V.V., and the cult. It has always been a part of his objective she just never told him.

Case in point, giving someone the benefit of the doubt is nice, ignoring the facts that have been presented to give someone said enormous and unjustified benefit of the doubt annoys me to no end.
I tend to think that she thought he can reach his goal (make a better world for nunnaly), without having to know about it.

Oh... it annoys you. Then I will reply that a lot of things annoy me here. Like when some people keep insulting some character. It annoys me to no end. So you're not alone.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:49   Link #2106
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Lelouch's actions were questioned even when the Black Knights knew nothing of Geass. Knowing something doesn't make anyone immune to criticism from other people that don't.
He was only ever questioned on military tactics which makes sense given who he was. Subordinates not questioning military agenda and occurences makes no sense. Kallen this season, has simply allowed for Lelouch's Geass and dealings with that to fall into question. Or did you think it just convenient for all shit to go to hell because of Geass the moment she gets captured?

Where on the other side, C.C. has overbearing monopoly on knowledge about which Lelouch has no idea exists. He has no idea that Charles has a Geass, or that V.V. exists. How is he to ask about something to which he has no basis for asking? And, IIRC, he did ask her about the Geass several times but she refused to tell him and the only reason he ever discovered much of anything was because of Mao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I tend to think that she thought he can reach his goal (make a beter world for nunnaly), without having to know about it.

Oh... it annoys you. Then I will reply that a lot of things annoy me here. Like when some people keep insulting some character. It annoys me o no end. So you're not alone.
Are you serious? She thought he could take on his father, who has Geass, blind and come out fine? A situation of complete unfairness where one party knows of the other's secrets while the other has no clue? Are you serious?

Here's a nice scenario:
Lelouch: I have you now Charles, you will succumb to my will!
Charles: Lelouch!
Lelouch: I Lelouch Vi Britannia Order you to...
V.V.: Stop this nonsense. *blocks Lelouch Geass*
Lelouch: Out of my way, child. *tries to Geass V.V. but fails*
Charles: Foolish son, you think you can oppose me? I Charles Di Britannia...
Lelouch: What? Geass?
Charles: Will have you forget everything!
*repeat Season 2 start*

Yes, it annoys me. See above for why it annoys me.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:52   Link #2107
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He was only ever questioned on military tactics which makes sense given who he was. Subordinates not questioning military agenda and occurences makes no sense. Kallen this season, has simply allowed for Lelouch's Geass and dealings with that to fall into question. Or did you think it just convenient for all shit to go to hell because of Geass the moment she gets captured?

Where on the other side, C.C. has overbearing monopoly on knowledge about which Lelouch has no idea exists. He has no idea that Charles has a Geass, or that V.V. exists. How is he to ask about something to which he has no basis for asking? And, IIRC, he did ask her about the Geass several times but she refused to tell him and the only reason he ever discovered much of anything was because of Mao.
Well, you did say that no one can question C.C.'s actions, so I misunderstood that. Sorry.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:53   Link #2108
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Well, you did say that no one can question C.C.'s actions, so I misunderstood that. Sorry.
I worded it poorly, but it seems we've come to an understanding.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:56   Link #2109
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Are you serious? She thought he could take on his father, who has Geass, blind and come out fine? A situation of complete unfairness where one party knows of the other's secrets while the other has no clue? Are you serious?

Here's a nice scenario:
Lelouch: I have you now Charles, you will succumb to my will!
Charles: Lelouch!
Lelouch: I Lelouch Vi Britannia Order you to...
V.V.: Stop this nonsense. *blocks Lelouch Geass*
Lelouch: Out of my way, child. *tries to Geass V.V. but fails*
Charles: Foolish son, you think you can oppose me? I Charles Di Britannia...
Lelouch: What? Geass?
Charles: Will have you forget everything!
*repeat Season 2 start*

Yes, it annoys me. See above for why it annoys me.
Well, I didn't say that was the good thing to do, but what C.C. could have had in mind at that moment.

BTW, since you're so certain of your logic about C.C., why did you refuse to take a bet yesterday about ep21? Without any prize and since you're so sure of what you think, it's a safe bet. I don't understand.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 11:59   Link #2110
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, I didn't say that was the good thing to do, but what C.C. could have had in mind at that moment.
The point is back to what you said, that she did not tell him because she cared. My point is that if this is her method of caring, than I'd rather be cared for by a grizzly bear after hibernation than C.C.. At least I'd know what was awaiting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
BTW, since you're so certain of your logic about C.C., why did you refuse to take a bet yesterday about ep21? Without any prize and since you're so sure of what you think, it's a safe bet. I don't understand.
I told you, I do not take bets on things that could end with Lelouch and Charles doing the polka. Logic is fine and I can be completely certain of it, but writers are not somehow immune to shitting on their plot.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:00   Link #2111
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The point is back to what you said, that she did not tell him because she cared. My point is that if this is her method of caring, than I'd rather be cared for by a grizzly bear after hibernation than C.C.. At least I'd know what was awaiting me.



I told you, I do not take bets on things that could end with Lelouch and Charles doing the polka. Logic is fine and I can be completely certain of it, but writers are not somehow immune to shitting on their plot.
i lawled at the shitting on their plot part.
Classic
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:17   Link #2112
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

I told you, I do not take bets on things that could end with Lelouch and Charles doing the polka. Logic is fine and I can be completely certain of it, but writers are not somehow immune to shitting on their plot.
So if something else happens instead of your "logic", it will be shitting on the plot? Seems that you have a giant ego . You logic is still not logical in the eyes of everyone you know.

So, I disagree with you. End of story.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:25   Link #2113
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
So if something else happens instead of your "logic", it will be shitting on the plot? Seems that you have a giant ego . You logic is still not logical in the eyes of everyone you know.

So, I disagree with you. End of story.
You asked if I was certain in my logic, naturally I would be seeing as how it is the conclusion to which I came to, I never once even said my logic was the be end all of life. So please, stop these assumptions as they are borderline insulting. If you have a problem with my logic then contest it, don't dismiss it on grounds that 'if the show says otherwise my logic is wrong'.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:28   Link #2114
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
You asked if I was certain in my logic, naturally I would be seeing as how it is the conclusion to which I came to, I never once even said my logic was the be end all of life. So please, stop these assumptions as they are borderline insulting. If you have a problem with my logic then contest it, don't dismiss it on grounds that 'if the show says otherwise my logic is wrong'.
Still, saying "shitting on their plot" is what is insulting here.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:32   Link #2115
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Still, saying "shitting on their plot" is what is insulting here.
Did you miss the terrible pacing and sudden discoveries this episode? The plot is not bullet proof and shit can happen. Shitting on their plot is simply an example, an all to possible one.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:43   Link #2116
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Did you miss the terrible pacing and sudden discoveries this episode? The plot is not bullet proof and shit can happen. Shitting on their plot is simply an example, an all to possible one.
I liked this episode and how it turned, and I don't find this plot Terrible, a bit rushed (because of the few episodes left) but not bad. So am I stupid Just kidding, but some people have different opinions about that.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:44   Link #2117
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I liked this episode and how it turned, and I don't find this plot Terrible, a bit rushed (because of the few episodes left) but not bad. So am I stupid Just kidding, but some people have different opinions about that.
The point is you did you find it rushed, means that the plot is not as healthy as it could be.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 12:46   Link #2118
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The point is you did you find it rushed, means that the plot is not as healthy as it could be.
That's not the only episode who feels rushed to me. The past episodes feel also rushed to me. Still, I find them very good. But that's just me...
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:11   Link #2119
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I think anyone's logic can only predict what might happen based on what points they take into consideration. I mean logically Kallen should have been taking care of C.C. in the last episode but we didn't see the Anya/Marianne factor come in. There is only so much one can assume will happen. You can't possibly come up with only one way in which something will play out. There will always be different probabilities because of unseen variables.
After all, logic is based on repetition... because this has been happening, this should happen, but life doesn't always work that way.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:14   Link #2120
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The point is you did you find it rushed, means that the plot is not as healthy as it could be.
This whole season has issues with pacing. It started off horrendously slow, and now because of that slow start (mostly because of the time slot change) they have to cram everything in at the end like this making it hyperspeed. But how they are handling the fast pacing is actually pretty good. The episode never broke stride and it never felt unnatural. Just a little crunched is all.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.