AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 00:51   Link #1
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
CME II Application error

recently all of a sudden i started getting these messages that the CME II Client Application encountered a problem and had to turn off. the thing was like cmesys.exe i thought it wasn't a problem and just said ok..everything worked out well..well besides my notron antivirus was enabled...that was a problem i was gonna fix later...maybe that has to do with it too..well ever since i got the message...my computer shuts down..i don't kno if it does cause it happens when i leave my computer on for the downloads and i go do something else..all of a sudden my computer is back on the welcome screen and everything is gone...its like my computer shut down and went back up...can anyone help me?
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 04:44   Link #2
KiNG

This file (CMESys.exe) belongs to a spyware program called GAIN (Gator Advertising Information Network). To remove it, download and install Ad-aware. But before starting your scan, update it by clicking Check For Updates Now, then Connect, if updates were found (and it's very likely they were), you will be promoted with a message saying update is available, choose OK to start the downloading process, and wait. Once it's finished, click Finish.

Before scanning, to be sure, close the running processes of Gator. Click Ctrl+Alt+Delete at once, move to Processes, and search for the following processes to end; fsg.exe, fsg-ag.exe, GMT.exe, CMESys.exe, GAIN_TRICKLER_*.exe.

To scan;

Click Start--> Next, and now wait until the scan is finished. After it's finished, click Next / Finish (I don't remember), and that's it, delete everything that has been found, and restart your PC. The problem should be solved.
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 09:50   Link #3
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG
This file (CMESys.exe) belongs to a spyware program called GAIN (Gator Advertising Information Network). To remove it, download and install Ad-aware. But before starting your scan, update it by clicking Check For Updates Now, then Connect, if updates were found (and it's very likely they were), you will be promoted with a message saying update is available, choose OK to start the downloading process, and wait. Once it's finished, click Finish.

Before scanning, to be sure, close the running processes of Gator. Click Ctrl+Alt+Delete at once, move to Processes, and search for the following processes to end; fsg.exe, fsg-ag.exe, GMT.exe, CMESys.exe, GAIN_TRICKLER_*.exe.

To scan;

Click Start--> Next, and now wait until the scan is finished. After it's finished, click Next / Finish (I don't remember), and that's it, delete everything that has been found, and restart your PC. The problem should be solved.
thanks man..it worked
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote