AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-19, 14:57   Link #1
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Boboboubo Boubobo Episode 1 Torrent

Boboboubo Boubobo Episode 1!

[BEST Fansubs]

http://files.paramnesiac.net/%5bBEST...d).avi.torrent

This show needs more attention, so I subbed it. It's parody (in both translation and quality, I did it in 3 hours), but even with the silliness of my translation and whatnot you can still get a general idea of what's going on. I'm hoping that if members of other groups will see it and perhaps recommend their group pick it up, since this show is awesome. Oh yeah, BEST is also a spoof, it stands for Bloated Eccentric Satirical Translations.

Last edited by Chikushou; 2003-11-19 at 17:58.
Old 2003-11-19, 15:45   Link #2
warnold
nerfelwap

1) "Partial Parody" is right on the edge of being not listed. But I went ahead and added it because there are no other known torrents for that series.

2) does BEST have a website, irc channel, etc?

3) you probably want to turn off directory listing or add an index.html for
http://files.paramnesiac.net/ unless you want people downloading the other files you have there.

--
-billy-
Old 2003-11-19, 16:53   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

OMG He's fighting with his nose hair!!!

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. With that said, I need to ask you what part of this sub isn't parody? It seems to be pretty much a straight parody to me.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-19, 17:49   Link #4
Ral
Idea!

I'll download it soon. This has to be one of the funniest mangas I have ever read. It's so random. Can't wait to see how some other things turn out.
Old 2003-11-19, 17:58   Link #5
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

It's very much a parody. There are some lines that were translated correctly though. I really just want this show to get some attention, because it needs it. That was the whole point in making this piece of junk fansub.

As far as a website, not really.

http://www.paramnesiac.net is just my Bottle Fairies Tribute page.

You can come to #BEST-anime@irc.mircx.com to talk about it/flame me for horrendous (albeit intentionally so) quality there.

Also, I don't care if people download the stuff in files.para.
Old 2003-11-19, 18:16   Link #6
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
I think it's a bit unfair that some what translated shows will get listed but shows that are entirely parody such as Sub-par's Massugu ni ikou will never get listed because they are entirely parody translations.

Although we will one day release a truthfully translated sub and the parody together in and OGM.

I personally think that people shouldn't use parody subs to poke fun at the show but rather to create a new show.

I will watch it though. Sub-par was actually planning on doing a parody sub of it, but when we heard that there were groups that were picking it up we decided not to.
Old 2003-11-19, 18:43   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

For what it's worth, I agree with you JAppi. We ought to at least have a parody section here at AnimeSuki. Some people (like you) put a lot of work into your lovingly crafted and hysterical parodies.

I also think that Boboboubo should probably count as a parody sub, it's just not as close to a translation as the Sailor Moon Live Action is. While SM-LA has a few parodied lines, Boboboubo has a few lines that aren't parodied.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-19, 18:53   Link #8
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
For what it's worth, I agree with you JAppi. We ought to at least have a parody section here at AnimeSuki.
Ah! I'll add my 2 cents then. What about a RAW section too? There are quite a few sites that hosts RAWs for some anime, and it would be nice to have them as links on AS.
Old 2003-11-19, 18:57   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Raws are against our forums ethics. The only reason that we consider subs to be ethical is that we are helping people who don't understand japanese. By subbing anime we are adding value, helping to educate fans and enlarging the anime market. Raws do none of this. Raws only pirate japanese telecasts. They also upset the japanese companies a lot since it cuts into their DVD sales.

Old 2003-11-19, 19:10   Link #10
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Raws are against our forums ethics. The only reason that we consider subs to be ethical is that we are helping people who don't understand japanese. By subbing anime we are adding value, helping to educate fans and enlarging the anime market. Raws do none of this. Raws only pirate japanese telecasts. They also upset the japanese companies a lot since it cuts into their DVD sales.
Hmm.... *Scratches head*
Ok, I'll appoint it on my personal notebook then.
Old 2003-11-19, 19:14   Link #11
warnold
nerfelwap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikushou
It's very much a parody.
As such, I've marked it as inactive. If GHDPro wants to turn it back on, he can, but it'll have to be his decision.

Quote:
As far as a website, not really.
Ok, just note that if you start releasing more subs, a simple web page listing them would allow us to automate the process.

Quote:
#BEST-anime@irc.mircx.com
Added to the Group info in our DB

Quote:
Also, I don't care if people download the stuff in files.para.
I see that you deleted the 2 files that were there that I was wondering about, so that's allright..

--
-billy-
Old 2003-11-19, 19:22   Link #12
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnold
As such, I've marked it as inactive. If GHDPro wants to turn it back on, he can, but it'll have to be his decision.

-billy-
No problem. I can understand not wanting this to be on your frontpage. Hopefully the show might get picked up by a real group now that it's been exposed. That's all I was after.
Old 2003-11-19, 19:33   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
No problem. I can understand not wanting this to be on your frontpage. Hopefully the show might get picked up by a real group now that it's been exposed. That's all I was after.
This is the kind of "exposed" that gets the National Enquirer sued!

Old 2003-11-19, 19:34   Link #14
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
Quote:
Well, actually I have been and still am looking for a TL to do this for real, but none have yet been found...
Also Mugen-Anime has said of doing this series...
Old 2003-11-19, 19:39   Link #15
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnold

Ok, just note that if you start releasing more subs, a simple web page listing them would allow us to automate the process.

--
-billy-
The only thing I'd ever release was Boboboubo episode 2 if it doesn't get picked up. With episode two I might put a lot more effort into it so it can actually stay listed My Japanese is only at an early grade-school level at best, though, so I couldn't do anything spectacular.

Here's to hoping Mugen picks it up, or baka-fansubs finds a real translator!
Old 2003-11-20, 16:31   Link #16
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

It really kind of baffles me that no one's picked this up for real, and that there doesn't seem to be much demand for it. The manga is one of the most random and hillarious things I've ever read, and from the looks of the first episode it seems the anime is just as hillarious. Anyhow, just adding my vote that someone picks this up for real.
Old 2003-11-20, 16:47   Link #17
Spork
Inactive Member

great job chik, i found it most amusing.
Old 2003-11-21, 06:05   Link #18
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

This kind of discussion doesn't belong in Torrent Submissions. Since someone has created a thread in Fansub Forum (where it does belong), please continue the coversation in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

Closed Thread