AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-05, 10:18   Link #261
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
"mirror mirror on the wall.... " and so on.


I almost spilled all my coffee reading this one.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 10:24   Link #262
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Nope! It's the fifth one: Alto and his mirror.

"mirror mirror on the wall.... " and so on.
That is a classic. I almost spilled my coffee too!
Darial is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 11:01   Link #263
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
Spoiler for questions:
You mean is Sheryl keeping him there against his will? Or using her illness for pity points? No. Everything leading up to him saying he'll stay with her is him. Sheryl knows Ranka is gone, but she doesn't know the extent of what has happened. So, she's not the one holding him back. If he is using her an excuse and wants to go, that's his problem - not hers. He needs to figure it out.
Teletha is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 11:07   Link #264
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I think Klan was the one who told him about Sheryl's illness, remember what she told Alto back in ep 21 and what had happened to her love? So I think Klan is trying to avoid the same thing happening to them that happened to her.

My heart still breaks for Klan though...
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 11:09   Link #265
kira-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
You mean is Sheryl keeping him there against his will? Or using her illness for pity points? No. Everything leading up to him saying he'll stay with her is him. Sheryl knows Ranka is gone, but she doesn't know the extent of what has happened. So, she's not the one holding him back. If he is using her an excuse and wants to go, that's his problem - not hers. He needs to figure it out.
thanks my question already clear now
__________________
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/kurogoma/?action=view&current=kanamezero1.jpg
kira-sama is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 12:29   Link #266
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
@ Seifall

I've always thought people putting weight on the suprise comment to be ridiculous. It's a love triangle, the ending was bound to be a surprise anyway since both ships think they have it in the bag, not to mention alto's VA had no choice but to be diplomatic & state its gonna be a surprise since he cant very well give away the ending!
With a sheryl who made the first move since the beginning people here don't think it was bound to be a surprise since like you said ships think they have it in the bag.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
As for why they made alto find out abt her dying before he confesses to her, Isnt it obvious ? Its to keep us doubting & guessing! Otherwise it would've been a sure win for sheryl/alto, not that I think its any different now if they plan on keeping the show consistant.
I don't think so. This is too late since if he choose her, no one will know if it was out of pity or if he really did have feelings for her. Even a confession from alto at this time is wrong since, the influence of the disease plays a huge role in their relationship now.
This is what I call a short end for a pair. The guy find out about the girl dying and they end together ? This doesn't sound like a win situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Yes, there is a nagging feeling that alto/ranka ending might happen but that's all it is, a feeling with no strong basis because the story so far doesnt strongly support it. Also, it just means kawamori has achieved his evil goal of wanting to keep his viewers hanging.
The story so far support it so strongly that this make the alto and sheryl relationship looks like a a girl who has a crush on a guy who doesn't even know and they argue often for nothing but they seem to share more in common than with Ranka...
All the hints in episode 1,3,6,7,10 ,12,13,15,17,20,21 ... make alto and ranka 's relationship a strong one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
I admit I initially disliked the thought of alto finding out abt her dying before the big confession but I still loved how they portrayed the scene. What I loved abt it was that the scene did not reek of pity at all, it was all raw emotion from both, especially alto.
When you take a close look, there was sign of emotion from both it can't be denied.
But to go as far as to tell it was a love scene, or the emotion from the both were loves ones... I will not do it.
It sure looked like a love scene if you just focus on the hug , the, " I will stay with you until the end if you want to sing"...
But she cried first and they zoomed on the tears with a Alto who was shocked to see that. People don't want to see it like that?.... well, each his point of view.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
In that moment I felt like he was only thinking of her & all the pain she'd been through pretending to be strong for the sake of others, for his sake. It wasnt the right time for a confession because he was concentrating on her pain. That is why, the first thing he asks her to do is to stop already, stop pretending, stop putting yourself through so much pain. You dont have to force youself to smile anymore, you dont have to sing anymore if it hurts you to do so. ( I actually find it vey ironic, that these are the very words he should have told ranka, if he had been in love with her, but he doesnt, not that it means anything, just an observation)


It was indeed the right time for a confession. When you learn you love one is dying, the first thing is to tell you love her no ? Why didn't he say it ?
People saw a kiss which I didn't saw but don't want to see that there might be a reason other than it wasn't the time, for what he didn't confessed..
It surprises me, people can see a tender look from alto in episode 20 and saying..." that's it, he loves her ", " this look tells a lot.."
But it was a while, so if he did have feeling for her since he looked at her like a lover would have do, why now didn't he express it with words ? It was the perfect time for me.
He didn't say anything to Ranka since it's not like Sheryl. Ranka was the weapon against the vajra, and she didn't tell him she hurts each time they kill the vajra.
People said Ranka doesn't know anything about Alto but now it became the contrary. Alto doesn't know anything more about her anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Sheryl protests strongly against not singing, because singing is her life, proof that she's lived, so he puts aside his own needs/feelings on the matter, hugs her & tells her that if it is her intent to keep on singing, then he will comply with her wishes until the last moment. You can see the brief moment of pain in his eyes before he hugs her. I dont know abt you but I saw this as an unspoken promise on his part to stay by her side forever & also of his love. He is letting her live her last moments the way she wants to. He is putting her above his own needs.

I saw it like a guy who saw the last friend of him(Luca was never that close to him) desperate right in from of him, so much, that he cannot do anything else than to hug her and tell her what a friend should tell to another.
Love is a big word for this act from Alto. He doesn't even know she loves him and I bet you he will be more shocked than how he was with Ranka when he will find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Like crisis said in her post( in the romance thread), he doesnt understand her heart just like he didnt understand ranka in ep 21, but the difference I found was that he put Sheryl's needs first & tries to comply to what he believes is her wish.

You said it well. He tried to comply to what he believes is her wish.
He didn't understand why Ranka leaved and I think he still doesn't.
When he will found out from Bilrer about Ranka, we will see who 's needs he will put first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
The important thing to note is that though the walls around their heart have crumbled , there are still unresolved feelings & misunderstandings b/w them as I dont think Sheryl knows alto loves her yet. ( Yes, as of now, I do believe its mutual) Which is the huge problem here, she seems resigned to her fate. And honestly, I'm not too sure that was a kiss at the end. As much as I want that, I'm going to need real confirmation that it was a kiss. Hopefully, the next ep delivers it.
Sheryl hopes Alto loves her, and was unsure of it since he was also paying attention to Ranka in a more different way than with her.
But now that Ranka is gone, and he didn't chase her, yet, obviously she may tend to think he has more feeling for her than Ranka.
honestly, I'm not too sure that was a kiss at the end. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Asking for one's age is a sign of your own immaturity.

That was uncalled for. Of course, you claim to state that you meant no offense. But what if I was to ask you if you were a witless fucking idiot? Then state I meant no offense at the end. I am sure you will most certainly take that as a personal attack, and if you don't, I suspect there might be something wrong with you.

I already explained the thing to your friend , so no need to bring this up again.
But for a person who quoted my whole post just to reply " yawn", I think I'm really pleased, because I see how you keep your course of action :
" Do what I tell, but do not, what I do ".... Glad to see at no time I did it.
Looks like we have a different approach of the term immaturity.


Quote:

You've based all your prior arguments about AxR based on pretty much one episode of the entire series. While Sheryl and Alto had been on a marathon, Ranka and Alto have yet to even begin a stroll in the park!
I never did it.
It's not because I tried to show you that a romance relationship existed between these two, using one episode for it , that I said this happenned just in this episode...


Quote:

I think you are not only misunderstanding Sheryl's intention for withholding her illness but you are also completely missing the point.

Sheryl pushed Alto away previously because she had a disease which the best of human technology could not cure. She did not want him to be burdened with her. That was her love for him, her own selfless love for Alto.
Where did I say the contrary ?


Quote:
When Alto knew about Sheryl's illness, everything clicked for him. He may be dense, but not that dense. Learning of Sheryl's illness allowed Alto to finally realize what Sheryl had actually done, emotionally, for him.
If by that you mean he realized how Sheryl loves him or this is her way to show her love affection I think you are wrong.
He just knows now ,that she lied to him because didn't want him to worry about her. And yes he is that dense and doesn't know what he should really do . Ozma told him the truth at the end, it was not for nothing......


Quote:
In contrast, what was Ranka's sign of affection? Calling Alto at 3am in the morning to fold airplanes, then suddenly summoned her Vajra and Cyborg bodyguards to threaten Alto's life while confusing the crap out of him at the same time. You call that love? Seriously, if you think that is love, then I begin to wonder about your concept of hate.
Ranka tried to express it by her songs, " I wanted to reach you by my songs but it didn't happen" .
Her " sayonara " at the end shows well how much she beholded her emotion and supressed her sadness to tell him this words( the zoom in alto's face and Ranka's eyes and lips prooves it well).
She finally tell him, she loved him at the past. Not that she not love him anymore. But that she will not see him again so there is no need to keep hoping for something impossible to happen now.
Your blinded love for Sheryl make you miss a lot of improvement made by Ranka.


Quote:
Giving us a AxR ending would be the most inconsistent conclusion in Macross, if not anime history. By forcing an AxR ending, the series would have completely destroyed any support (from Klan and Mike) that had been placed upon Alto's understanding of Sheryl and their eventual companionship.


Never mind that you'd destroy the fandom that way.

I don't know why you tell about Klan and Mickail. They killed him to force the growth of Alto by making him take a decision and choose his girl.
Mikhail wasn't for Sheryl to win Alto over Ranka if it's what you mean. He did tell Alto they both had feelings for him. He was aware of Ranka's feelings at the beginning and said it to Alto like towards the end he told Alto about Sheryl.
Klan was the one who supported alto and Sheryl but she was the one who tell Alto the truth too.... She is the one who made him stay with sheryl at that time, because Sheryl didn't want to do it.
The worst is not that Klan is the one who compelled him to stay with Sheryl but that it happenned before he could make up his mind about who he really loves.
You said that: Giving us a AxR ending would be the most inconsistent conclusion in Macross, if not anime history. .
And I respond you that making Alto choose Sheryl at the end will be the worst pair I would have seen in anime since they made him find out she's dying before telling her his feeling( if he had ones).

This is why I think this( Alto finding out the truth by Klan, moreover before he could made his mind) is for your pairing, The straw that broke the camel's back.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 14:02   Link #267
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary


*waits impatiently for teh subs*

GG we really need you right about now.
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 14:35   Link #268
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
-Snip-
I have to agree with Crusader's blogpost assessment of Ranka, she simply is too immature to have any real relationship with Alto even up to now, and as for whatever issues regarding Alto's prior hesitation towards Sheryl, well crap happens all the time with real life relationships, expecting everything to go perfectly is just wishful thinking. Alto no matter what his issues made the decision to stay with Sheryl on his own wherewithal, and even though it may not be the best of circumstances, as stated before, c'est la vie.
aldw is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 14:56   Link #269
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I don't think so. This is too late since if he choose her, no one will know if it was out of pity or if he really did have feelings for her. Even a confession from alto at this time is wrong since, the influence of the disease plays a huge role in their relationship now.
This is what I call a short end for a pair. The guy find out about the girl dying and they end together ? This doesn't sound like a win situation.

You said that: Giving us a AxR ending would be the most inconsistent conclusion in Macross, if not anime history. .
And I respond you that making Alto choose Sheryl at the end will be the worst pair I would have seen in anime since they made him find out she's dying before telling her his feeling( if he had ones).

You think Alto has chosen Sheryl out of pity because she's dying? Well, Ranka at the same time is going to Vajraland alone with Brera. He could protect her from danger but you could also say that Sheryl's still safe on Frontier and not going to die in a day or two. Ranka OTOH could die at anytime by the hand of those monsters who have killed his bestfriend. As far as Alto knew, both of their lives were at risk. And he chose to stay behind with Sheryl and not go find Ranka even though Ozma asked him to protect her.

You know what? Ranka has already confessed to Alto BEFORE he found out about Sheryl's disease. One way or another, Alto knew he would have to hurt one girl's feeling! Hell, he didn't even know of Sheryl's feeling toward him. Both the girls needed him, yet he chose to be with Sheryl. Alto would be the biggest asshole in the anime history if he ever thought, "Hey Sheryl doesn't have much time left, I just have to play along for now in order to have her R.I.P, and then let's give Ranka a call"

That's exactly the reason why SherylxAlto is the only possible good end.
nanatsusaya is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 15:10   Link #270
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Well, I'd prefer for Sheryl to be cured and Alto stays by her side. Just because that would prove to Ranka fans beyond doubt that he chose Sheryl over Ranka. If they continue it as it is and Alto does pick Sheryl but she doesn't get cured there will be fights until the end of the world over whether Alto picked her over pity or because he truly loves her. I want a definitive ending where there can be no doubts or arguments over who the real final pairing is.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 15:11   Link #271
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You really can't say x and x is predictable and x and x isn't with 3 episodes to go, it's like saying Buster Douglas is the obvious eventual winner of the fight in round 10 of the Tyson Vs Douglas fight when no one gave him a chance at the start of it. Also a Ranka ending is just throwing down the drain the parallels that Alto and Sheryl share with Alto and his mother and Klan and Michael. Not to mention that this couple has been far more developed (especially in 16-22) in the pretty much the entire show, episodes 12-14 aside.
well, being a shocker doesn't mean it is IMPOSSIBLE! anything can happen in anime as we saw in the most famous case which was Canvas2. I am just saying that if it ends AltoxSheryl there won't that many people shocked, but if it ends altoxRanka a lot of people will be shocked, and a lot of crying and outrage on these forums. either way, it won't cause me any pain because i am not shipping for anyone! this is one of those rare anime where i don't have a favorite.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 15:22   Link #272
Jinx626
Yo!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Just finished watching it raw. Finallly, sheryl counter. Like others have expressed Ranka still has a shot at Alto, but it woudn't be the best pairing if they went that route. Just going to enjoy the ride while it last.
__________________
Jinx626 is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 16:36   Link #273
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
So at the end was that Earth?
__________________
Freya is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 16:48   Link #274
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
If by that you mean he realized how Sheryl loves him or this is her way to show her love affection I think you are wrong.
He just knows now ,that she lied to him because didn't want him to worry about her.
Because she -loves- him, because she wants him to hate her and forget about her so he can move on to bigger and better things. This is the self-sacrifice Sheryl brought for him, that even though Sheryl would be unhappy at the end, at least the person she loves would be happy.

Ranka on the other hand, never performed the same self-sacrifice or anything remotely equal to that of Sheryl. She took everything for granted ever since Ozma adopted her into his home. She took Alto for granted regardless of the fact that the two were never on a date, or in a relationship to begin with. She is clouded in her own cocoon that she is completely oblivious to the realities beyond it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
And yes he is that dense and doesn't know what he should really do . Ozma told him the truth at the end, it was not for nothing......
What truth? Did you really understand the dialogue between the two or are you just guessing? Ozma told Alto to search for his own path and protect the woman he loves. It has zero indication for Alto to actually follow Ozma, on the other hand, Ozma indirectly/unintetionally told him to protect Sheryl and possibly search for a cure for her illness before she fades out of existence!

Moreover, if you think Ranka needs protection, then I am afraid you are dreadfully wrong. She has Berera and an entire homeworld of bugs.

And what of Berera? He had expressed a better understanding of Ranka and Alto ever did in the past 20 episodes, and was the one to be there when Ranka needed someone the most. If any pairing should happen between Ranka, Berera would be the rightful choice if they were unrelated (which is still in speculation).

I wonder, what, at the end of the show, would be Berera's reward for sacrificing himself for the sake of Ranka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Ranka tried to express it by her songs, " I wanted to reach you by my songs but it didn't happen" .
Her " sayonara " at the end shows well how much she beholded her emotion and supressed her sadness to tell him this words( the zoom in alto's face and Ranka's eyes and lips prooves it well).
Yeah, and that scene was ruined by a cyborg bodyguard and a horribly placed Vajra child. Very nice Ranka, very nice. That whole scene was yet another sign of Ranka's immaturity taking just everything for granted. Its always about how she enacts what she believes to be the best for everyone without ever considering the feeling of others. What, you think she couldn't pick a better fucking time than 3am in the morning, flanked by a cyborg and a bug, which if I may remind you, just killed Alto's friend?

Never mind that She never supported Sheryl in anything she does nor considered her feelings. On the other hand, Sheryl had been one of Ranka's biggest supporters. What gives? You call that fair. Search your conscious, you seriously call that fair? Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
She finally tell him, she loved him at the past. Not that she not love him anymore. But that she will not see him again so there is no need to keep hoping for something impossible to happen now.
Your blinded love for Sheryl make you miss a lot of improvement made by Ranka. [/QUOTE]


Because it was a one-sided affair to begin with. Your blinded love for Ranka makes you miss every failure and shortcomings that is Ranka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Mikhail wasn't for Sheryl to win Alto over Ranka if it's what you mean. He did tell Alto they both had feelings for him. He was aware of Ranka's feelings at the beginning and said it to Alto like towards the end he told Alto about Sheryl.
Mike initially did not have a good impression of Sheryl, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Klan was the one who supported alto and Sheryl but she was the one who tell Alto the truth too.... She is the one who made him stay with sheryl at that time, because Sheryl didn't want to do it.
Towards the end, Mike realized that Sheryl commenced something extraordinary. I already explained how Sheryl was willing to sacrifice herself in order to not become the burdens of Alto, so I won't do it again. Bottom line, Mike told Alto to make up his mind, and when Alto finally found out about Sheryl's illness from Klan (no less because she found something admirable about Sheryl), he made up his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
You said that: Giving us a AxR ending would be the most inconsistent conclusion in Macross, if not anime history. .
And I respond you that making Alto choose Sheryl at the end will be the worst pair I would have seen in anime since they made him find out she's dying before telling her his feeling( if he had ones).
Ah, so by your statement, the promises made by Alto and his determination to stay by her side and to become Sheryl's courage should just be taken back, just like that. That is what I mean by inconsistency.

If Alto is one to break promises, then yeah, maybe it'd be a good idea for him to stay with Ranka, no less because Alto is equally a moron as Ranka and that Sheryl is too good for him.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 16:53   Link #275
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So at the end was that Earth?
Absolutely not. They know perfectly where Earth is, and its not there.

The Protoculture seeded and terraformed many planets.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 17:02   Link #276
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
This is too late since if he choose her, no one will know if it was out of pity or if he really did have feelings for her. Even a confession from alto at this time is wrong since, the influence of the disease plays a huge role in their relationship now.
This is what I call a short end for a pair. The guy find out about the girl dying and they end together ? This doesn't sound like a win situation.
You would know: when she is cured and he still wants to be with her. It's the bow on top of the present. The gift itself is still there.

Quote:
The story so far support it so strongly that this make the alto and sheryl relationship looks like a a girl who has a crush on a guy who doesn't even know and they argue often for nothing but they seem to share more in common than with Ranka...
All the hints in episode 1,3,6,7,10 ,12,13,15,17,20,21 ... make alto and ranka 's relationship a strong one.
Couples argue about nothing and that's what keeps it interesting and fun. As long as they still care about deep inside as we have certainly seen in recent episodes. "Hints" don't make a relationship strong. LOL. Real development does, and Sheryl and Alto has shown true development in their relationship. They both understand each other, support each other, and respect each other for it. Sheryl understands Alto's dream to fly and desire to protect the sky and everyone under it. Alto understands Sheryl's dream to sing. You missed all these developments.

Quote:
It was indeed the right time for a confession. When you learn you love one is dying, the first thing is to tell you love her no ? Why didn't he say it ?
People saw a kiss which I didn't saw but don't want to see that there might be a reason other than it wasn't the time, for what he didn't confessed..
It surprises me, people can see a tender look from alto in episode 20 and saying..." that's it, he loves her ", " this look tells a lot.."
But it was a while, so if he did have feeling for her since he looked at her like a lover would have do, why now didn't he express it with words ? It was the perfect time for me.
See your own bolded text above. It shows that you carry a double standard in your arguement as long as it's favorable to your Ranka shipping.

Quote:
He didn't say anything to Ranka since it's not like Sheryl. Ranka was the weapon against the vajra, and she didn't tell him she hurts each time they kill the vajra.
People said Ranka doesn't know anything about Alto but now it became the contrary. Alto doesn't know anything more about her anymore...
If he doesn't really know anything about her, then he can't have trully love her. Vice versa.

Quote:
Ranka tried to express it by her songs, " I wanted to reach you by my songs but it didn't happen" .
Her " sayonara " at the end shows well how much she beholded her emotion and supressed her sadness to tell him this words( the zoom in alto's face and Ranka's eyes and lips prooves it well).
She finally tell him, she loved him at the past. Not that she not love him anymore. But that she will not see him again so there is no need to keep hoping for something impossible to happen now.
Your blinded love for Sheryl make you miss a lot of improvement made by Ranka.
The kettle calling the pot black as you've missed all the Sheryl development. It's hard to reason with someone who has a double standard and a selective vision when watching the show. I might have wasted my time here with this post.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 17:04   Link #277
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
You know people this episodes wasn't really a Sheryl counter in a way.... I mean she, Sheryl herself didn't really do anything, unlike Ranka she hasn't confessed yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with Alto confessing first. Also I really don't know how people missed the kiss scene, it was rather obvious considering the way Alto was holding Sheryl's head, how Alto's head titled as the camera started to pan up and both their heads moved towards each other....

@ Seifall

I lol'd when you listed episode 17 as a good thing for your pairing, I was appalled at that and said in IRC something like "If I was an AxR shipper I would be completely pissed at what happened this episode". It did not paint their relationship in a good light period.

I really suggest you do 2 things, 1) try and understand scenes more, you've completely misinterpreted so many scenes it's not funny. 2 ) Look at things from different angles, you might think I'm a massive SherylxAlto shipper and that I'm blind to everything else but that's not true. I look at everything, if I think the pairing I like is doomed I'll say so, I haven't got a pairing wrong in the last year and I've been watching and reading a lot of romance anime and manga in that period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, being a shocker doesn't mean it is IMPOSSIBLE! anything can happen in anime as we saw in the most famous case which was Canvas2. I am just saying that if it ends AltoxSheryl there won't that many people shocked, but if it ends altoxRanka a lot of people will be shocked, and a lot of crying and outrage on these forums. either way, it won't cause me any pain because i am not shipping for anyone! this is one of those rare anime where i don't have a favorite.
Of course it's not impossible, even though I think a Ranka ending would be utterly illogical and ill conceived... illogical and ill conceived things happen in anime all the time. Though I have faith in Kawamori that he wouldn't do something so stupid, as it is I think after their initial euphoria is over even most Ranka fans would be unhappy with a Ranka ending the way it's played/playing out. Ranka needs a second season to have a convincing ending with Alto imo while Sheryl can get one this season.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 17:27   Link #278
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post

You know what? Ranka has already confessed to Alto BEFORE he found out about Sheryl's disease. One way or another, Alto knew he would have to hurt one girl's feeling! Hell, he didn't even know of Sheryl's feeling toward him. Both the girls needed him, yet he chose to be with Sheryl.
Alto was planning to go after Ranka BEFORE he found out about sheryl's illness as we saw during his conversation with luca in the hangar! It is naive to believe that klan's revelation about the illness was not a big factor for Alto staying behind with Sheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So at the end was that Earth?
it had two moons so it is not earth but an earth like world which is what all the macross frontier type of colonies are looking for.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 18:13   Link #279
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Alto was planning to go after Ranka BEFORE he found out about sheryl's illness as we saw during his conversation with luca in the hangar! It is naive to believe that klan's revelation about the illness was not a big factor for Alto staying behind with Sheryl.
Thats pretty much news to me, can anyone confirm this?
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-05, 18:25   Link #280
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Oh, by the way, just a note:

Macross main pairings never confess to each other with words like "I love you" or something similar. The closest thing they will ever do is 1. through action (ie. kiss) 2. or say stuff like "I will stay by your side" "I have decided to be with you"... etc.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.