AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 08:15   Link #1
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
College Romance

I Searched for the title College Romance and their was none. So I need your help please.

I am currently looking for a Romance Show that is about two people after High School and when they are in college. I would like their to be some type of relationship already established such as in Ai Yori Aoshi. Another fine example of what I am looking for would be Elfen Lied. Granted I do not like where they are naked people runing around all the time as in Elfen Lied. However, some nudity would be fine.

I have been looking for a while for this type of anime. However, people normally get side tracked and just start giving any anime with romance in it lol.. I really hope you can help me! LOL...

If you need additional information please ask I will be happy to give more information..
Old 2008-09-04, 12:15   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Nodame Cantabile - music college life; the two main characters are in a relationship, but not a really romantic one until towards the end
Ah! My Goddess - similar in some ways to Ai Yori Aoshi I guess, excepting the supernatural aspects. The guy is in college; the girl is a goddess.
Hachimitsu to Clover - college life; focused on multiple characters and relationships
Mahoraba: Heartful Days - college guy and his apartment's manager (kind similar setup to Ai Yori Aoshi except they aren't already in a relationship--and the girl has about 5 personalities)
Old 2008-09-04, 13:49   Link #3
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Thank you as always jedinat i will give Honey and Clover a shot. If anyone can think of more that would be cool..
Old 2008-09-04, 18:11   Link #4
devildog23
Summerlurking

What are you looking for more? The College life or the Romance aspect? Elfen Lied is a personal favorite, but I can only remember one or two scenes that had college life in it lol. I don't really know an anime with a good mix of both though sorry.

More romance, not so much college life
Welcome to the NHK - some romance, the male lead is suppose to be in college, but he kind of dropped out. There is some scenes with college life.
Love Hina - They aren't exactly in college, they are trying to get into college through the series.

Less romance, more college life
Moyashimon - There are tiny hints of romance throughout the series, not so much though.
Genshiken - Not really romance as much as couples. They are in college, but it shows more of the club they are in then actual college

Thats pretty much all i can input lol soz if I didn't help much
Old 2008-09-05, 01:09   Link #5
james0246

The great, and classic, Maison Ikkoku immediately springs to mind. Similar to Love Hina in the respect that main male character (in the romance) is trying to get into college during the course of the series. Actually, it is similar to several of the shows listed already.
Old 2008-09-05, 06:42   Link #6
Coruja

I can only second Honey and Clover!!! It sounds perfect for you. Also, it's a perfect anime, pretty much (beautiful animation, background music, etc). x)

Also, considering what you like, of course you have to watch Chobits.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:47   Link #7
mit7059

X3 for Honey & Clover and X2 for Nodame Cantabile

Mahoraba is entertaining as well, but rather childish-
Spoiler for Mahoraba:

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2008-09-05, 09:51   Link #8
Coruja

Oops, I forgot Marmalade Boy. Halfway through the series, one of the main characters goes to the USA to study architecture in an university there. Also, when said character goes to America, there is already a very much established relationship going on in the series.
Old 2008-09-05, 15:50   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

Mature, realistic relationships

Mars - Realistic romance manga series, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a mature sexual relationship.

Kare First Love - Realistic romance manga series. The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a mature sexual relationship.

The Devil Does Exist - Realistic romance manga series, the couple is dating and in a mature relationship.

Ceres Celestial Legend - In the manga, the couple is living together, having regular sex and in a mature, passionate relationship. Only the manga, not the show.

Paradise Kiss - The couple is in a realistic mature relationship.

Bokura ga Ita - The manga. The couple is dating and in a mature relationship.

Mars- Realistic romance manga, Very realistic relationship, sex, dating, living together, being engaged, college is also talked about, very real and deep relationship.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - Follows couple beyond high school years.

Marmalade Boy- The couple is dating in high school, after the couple breaks up, they go on to college.

Kare Kano - In the manga, the couple is dating and in a relationship that lasts through many years. They start dating in high school and their relationships goes much farther and beyond.

Fushigi Yugi - In the second half of the manga, Miaka's boyfriend Tamahome.

By the way, if you want to get into more other college romance series, a lot of great American dramas have relationships that go far and have relationships in farther years, Beverly Hills, 90210, Party of Five, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Beverly Hills 90210 and most teen dramas have relationships from many years, from middle school years to high school years to college years to beyond. There are the couples in deep relationships living together, having sex, getting engaged, getting married, eloping, hook ups, dating around, breaking up, getting divorced and more. There's much more sex and real issues and there is a lot more dating around and the relationships go much farther, also most of the cast dates each other, so there are lots of couples in relationships.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-09-05 at 16:02.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:26   Link #10
NervZero
RAWR!!!

I'm looking for the anime to be focused on the romance. and in College However, since it seems that ppl keep recommending anime that i have already seen i can see thats will not be much help. Granted i still THANK YOU ALL for your hard work in trying to recommend an anime that I would like!

LOL.. I'm not really into the Drama's on TV here in America I like anime because they are works of art in many ways. Whereas the American TV shows are not.. Granted thats just what I think on that subject and I would hate to make anyone mad who has helped me lol.. I guess thats why I am on an anime forum lol..
Old 2008-09-05, 18:58   Link #11
NervZero
RAWR!!!

I found one YEA! H2O Footprints in the Sand Now i just have to watch some of it to see if i want to buy it x.x this is always the hard part...
Closed Thread