AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-11, 06:00   Link #1041
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Chapter 71

Spoiler for Holy shit:
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 06:50   Link #1042
tzia_n
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines, but also in my imaginary world
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
c71 translated is out, and as a bonus a few pages from a sekirei doujin was included
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 14:07   Link #1043
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
Chapter 71
Spoiler:
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 14:14   Link #1044
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Chapter 71
Spoiler:
Might be the 2nd incarnation of the group. The current one could be the 3rd.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 14:20   Link #1045
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
ehhh there was 1 full grown sekirei (mostly Miya) and 8 fetus state (matsu,kazehana,karasuba,mutsu,humura,?????,yume,t sukimi) when the mystery army attacked the island (becouse they wanted the technology for themselfs [new weapons] ) the only defence was the first awakened sekireis (first 5 starting with miya)

But what is Sekirei nr00 or is she not a sekirei... ghhh I need to know more about that nr. ^^


I was wodnering maybe nr.7 is Akitsu XD
zibi88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 19:13   Link #1046
tzia_n
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines, but also in my imaginary world
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Might be the 2nd incarnation of the group. The current one could be the 3rd.
though the confusing part is when yume refers to herself as the first member... maybe she just didn't know better
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 19:32   Link #1047
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Well, considering that Homura kinda surprised herself, I dont think its a known history even between sekireis.. That must have been the 5's secret only until now.

So now, it seems that Miya is officially the #00 being -> #01 in sekirei term altho technically isnt a sekirei, eh.. Quite interesting development.

oh, fanboy comment, Tsukiumi being so cute is downright a sin.. Every chapter seems to have her making such a cute face expression <3
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 19:56   Link #1048
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
oh, fanboy comment, Tsukiumi being so cute is downright a sin.. Every chapter seems to have her making such a cute face expression <3
well someones gotta do it, and the author seems to have picked the perfect person for the job
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 22:42   Link #1049
tzia_n
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines, but also in my imaginary world
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well someones gotta do it, and the author seems to have picked the perfect person for the job
damn right she's the best person for that role
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 01:59   Link #1050
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
So now, it seems that Miya is officially the #00 being -> #01 in sekirei term altho technically isnt a sekirei, eh.. Quite interesting development.
might explain her lack of sekirei mark in the bath scene
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 02:35   Link #1051
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Hmmm so Miya was born with number #00 but since she awakened as first they give her number #01 its damn confusing but interesting ^^

Well Miya is one of the most funny characters in manga ^^ like the Duck-sun who tells other peoples secrets XD or her evil grin about throwing out sahashi and his 6sekireis xD

Well if she is not a sekirei then what is she ?? and what is with her insane power ;].... well sahashi cant add her into harem since like Matsu metnioned she is not a sekirei
zibi88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 02:48   Link #1052
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Yup I agreed too, this chapter basically told us dreamers that wanting her inclusion to the harem is now a futile attempt.

Oh well, there's still TEH REI.

__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 02:56   Link #1053
Deryns
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Hey all first time on this thread. I was looking around for a decent action/fantasy manga (mainly due to burnout on mecha) and heard this manga compared to Tenchi and since I enjoyed that one I thought I would ask for opinions. Good, bad, average? Decent plot or basically fanservice? Thanks for the help.
Deryns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:05   Link #1054
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Its a good laugh.. Never read Tenchi so cant compare.

The plotline is solid, the author seems to have a clear indication on where she wanted the story to develop, tho its not really a serious tone (compared to, say claymore).

Still for me, I've enjoyed the story, and of course the art are simply fabulous win for me.. Light heart with comedic and ecchi and nice action thrown around. If you can look pass the big boobs, you probably gonna enjoyed it, more then half of them ladies are blessed with it
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:09   Link #1055
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Hmmm so Miya was born with number #00 but since she awakened as first they give her number #01 its damn confusing but interesting ^^

Well Miya is one of the most funny characters in manga ^^ like the Duck-sun who tells other peoples secrets XD or her evil grin about throwing out sahashi and his 6sekireis xD

Well if she is not a sekirei then what is she ?? and what is with her insane power ;].... well sahashi cant add her into harem since like Matsu metnioned she is not a sekirei
It may not stop him. Fear his harem power. Lesser men make gays out of straight guys. He makes them spontaneously sprout breasts. Fear his power!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:15   Link #1056
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
But his power isnt absolute yet, since the said hermaphrodite still wants to assault his back, and not letting him takes her front!

D:
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:17   Link #1057
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
But it's growing with every harem addition. Who knows what level it's reached now?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:21   Link #1058
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryns View Post
Hey all first time on this thread. I was looking around for a decent action/fantasy manga (mainly due to burnout on mecha) and heard this manga compared to Tenchi and since I enjoyed that one I thought I would ask for opinions. Good, bad, average? Decent plot or basically fanservice? Thanks for the help.
Well, regardless of which Tenchi series you're coming from, Tenchi is just too waaaay out there in terms of plot. The only thing that's common with Sekirei and Tenchi is the fact that they deal with harem and risque comedy. Sekirei has more of the latter (minus the Freudian undertones of the other), and the scale of the story definitely isn't as grandiose.

Basically, the story revolves around a game, involving these pretty combatants (mostly female), who enter into these pacts with their chosen someone as they battle each other until only one is left standing. And that's why our hapless—but extremely lucky—main character gets to have a harem of his own.

Sekirei won't blow your mind away, but it's quite entertaining, and the fanservice certainly doesn't hurt. The characters are what you would expect, but they're all presented rather well. All in all, it has enough of everything as a harem series—from fanservice, drama and even action.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:27   Link #1059
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Heh I wonder if the manga ends like Dears ;] where the main char. fly's into space along with all girls (dears)... well they needed someone which they can make babies after all ;]

So maybe Minatos power might be so big that he will end up with all 108 sekireis and so maybe the ship will work and they will go into space again xD


But honestly Miya as another minato's wife is dangerous xD since every sekirei fears her so I doubt that she would agree for Minato to sleep with other girl beside her XD
zibi88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 03:32   Link #1060
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
But his power isnt absolute yet, since the said hermaphrodite still wants to assault his back, and not letting him takes her front!

D:
Yeah, but was a number of chapters ago. From that point on, Homura has been feeling the ongoing changes. Who knows what the situation is right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88
So maybe Minatos power might be so big that he will end up with all 108 sekireis and so maybe the ship will work and they will go into space again xD
I think it wouldn't be nice anymore if Minato's harem grows further. The manga should instead focus on the characters who are with Minato right now, and develop them instead of introducing another member. Then again with Minato's rivals playing dirty, perhaps the only way for him to win is to get more allies of his own.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.