AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 13:24   Link #1
Ecole

Books with character sketches

Ey.

I'm having a friend fetch some books in akiba for me before she returns home to our country, but I need more ideas on some specific books to pick.

Recently (since februari) I've been deeply interested in drawing, and I've been training 3-5 hours for every single day since - but I'm running low on inspiration and I'd love to get some new ideas, or at least some pretty pictures to look at.

What I'm looking for are books with character design sketches or full-colored pictures, like the batch that Yoshitoshi ABe did for Lain/Haibane Renmei. Any style is fine but something more elegant and shoujoish is prefered.

Any ideas? I've tried to find some illustration books from Code Geass with pictures by CLAMP but haven't had any luck so far - they only seem to have sketches included in the DVD boxes of said serie.

So the main question I guess is: do you know about any good character designer that has made character sketch/illustration books, and if so, would you mind telling me his/her name and the name of said book?
Closed Thread