AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-05, 14:07   Link #161
kurukuru
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tokyo/Vancouver
Send a message via MSN to kurukuru Send a message via Skype™ to kurukuru
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzfox View Post
According to Wikipedia, there were two different locations/settings for the inspiration of the series. One of them is in the Osaka district and the other is in the Sapporo district. I would like to know which one of the two was the actual city/town inspiration for the Kanon 2006 series.

http://www.rinku.zaq.ne.jp/p_v/kanon.html

You should visit this site.

Sapporo, Moricuchi, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Higashiyamato, Tachikawa are used.
kurukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:32   Link #162
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Hmm, I tried to find Kanon 2002 DVD covers, it's images and scans with a good quality. No results. Any sources or cover images (of course, i prefer scans, but... if you're interested I'm collecting hi-res arts, scans and so on for all Key works) ?
I will really appreciate this.

Yes, I now about all 4 volumes on Amazon, but I can't find hi-res variations of them. And by the way, what is "Kanon Special Fan Disk" ? Kazahana ? What else ?

Last edited by Littm; 2008-07-17 at 14:48.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 20:00   Link #163
vzfox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurukuru View Post
http://www.rinku.zaq.ne.jp/p_v/kanon.html

You should visit this site.

Sapporo, Moricuchi, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Higashiyamato, Tachikawa are used.
The "visuals" are quite interesting....but what do i need to do or set on my pc to be able to READ it??

Is that or was that an actual school?
vzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 11:10   Link #164
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26


Okay, the same question again, what are this "Kanon & Air SS" books ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:44   Link #165
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Nevermind, I found it. It's a crossover manga with couple of spin-off stories.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 15:08   Link #166
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Okay, I have a question. We all know by some reasons that there are no real Kyoto projects in the full HD - only some upscales with updated details. But here clearly said that they started making HD variants of animation starting from Kanon 2006. LS was in HD, yes, but it was an upscale. So, all their works are not really in HD now.

Can someone comment this ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 05:18   Link #167
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Can someone comment this ?
Well i think Lucky Star was also HD produced. Im not sure of Kanon 2006 but the original RAW could be HD as well.

They just have to release the episodes in HD on blue ray discs.

If they will release them in HD, i will definitely get them.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 14:38   Link #168
Makketsai
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Whats mean the Series name Kanon ? means that simply anyting?
Makketsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 15:14   Link #169
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Yes, it is. It's a musical termin. Read more here.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 13:08   Link #170
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorful Colorado
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makketsai View Post
Whats mean the Series name Kanon ? means that simply anyting?
A "canon" is a musical piece that is derived from a "round", where the same theme comes in in many voices at different times (think "Row Row Row Your Boat"). A canon is slightly more complex as the voices change their themes over time, so they harmonize with the other voices playing the earlier theme. A "fugue" is another type of round with slightly different parameters.

The title "Kanon" no doubt derives from this and is spelled with a "K" because there is no "C" in Japanese romaji.

The particular "canon" is likely to be Johann Pachelbel's "Canon in D" (the key is D-major), which is pretty much one of the most famous canons, known worldwide. I played it in our high school Solo & Ensemble on piano accompanying two flutes. It was a great experience! I really love that piece as it changes slowly so that each new round is almost exactly like the previous one, except by the end, the theme is different. Remind you of a quote from the series? Pachelbel's Canon is also the song playing in the background during different scenes in the restaurant.

BTW - All of the episode names have a type of musical piece in the title ("nocturn", "overture", "serenade", "fugue", "adagio", etc...)

Ciao!
__________________
"Symmetrical book stacking... Just like the Philadelphia Mass Turbulence of 1947!"
"You're right, no HUMAN BEING would stack books like this."
KitsuneNineTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 08:16   Link #171
Kanzaki Urumi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I have just finished this series, kinda late I know. As there are too many pages to read through, I will just ask it here.

1. Why do Yuichi have amnesia regarding things that have happened 7 years ago? Was it because of the shock he received at the end, he decided to totally forget everything?

2. Does the real Ayu that just woke up have the memories of the Ayu that I assume, was manifested through Yuichi's ideal illusions or she only knows what Yuichi told her while she's still in coma?

3. If the manifested Ayu was Yuchi's ideal illusion, why did she even manifested in the first place when he has already forgotten about her?

Thanks in advance.
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:28   Link #172
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorful Colorado
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
I have just finished this series, kinda late I know. As there are too many pages to read through, I will just ask it here.

1. Why do Yuichi have amnesia regarding things that have happened 7 years ago? Was it because of the shock he received at the end, he decided to totally forget everything?

2. Does the real Ayu that just woke up have the memories of the Ayu that I assume, was manifested through Yuichi's ideal illusions or she only knows what Yuichi told her while she's still in coma?

3. If the manifested Ayu was Yuchi's ideal illusion, why did she even manifested in the first place when he has already forgotten about her?

Thanks in advance.
My thoughts (I'll just qualify it like that ):

1. I think you are correct. I think near the end, when he's talking with Nayuki at the train station, he mentions something like this. The emotional trauma in the last few days of his last stay caused him to forget everything that had happened during that trip, even forgetting what actually happened to Ayu.

2. I think that the Ayu during the series is her own dream, walking around, interacting with everyone, and yes, I think she remembers everything her dream encountered during the series (Yuuichi and Ayu's easy banter and affection at the very end seems to bear that out). I don't think she's just in Yuuichi's mind, because other people seem to have seen her (like Akiko, especially, who was able to tell him where Ayu really was...).

In the end, I think it was her one wish that was granted. She wanted her loved one to be happy, and since Yuuichi is a very empathetic individual, she could only fulfill her wish by making EVERYone a little happier. And she was able to fulfill that wish because he stayed by her side and finally got the seasons moving for her again (referencing her last "dream speech" at the end).

But I don't really have any facts to back that up, just my personal thoughts. Damn, it was a good series, though.

Ciao!
__________________
"Symmetrical book stacking... Just like the Philadelphia Mass Turbulence of 1947!"
"You're right, no HUMAN BEING would stack books like this."
KitsuneNineTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 12:46   Link #173
Steel2nd
うぐう〜
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to Steel2nd
edited

Last edited by Steel2nd; 2009-03-19 at 09:16. Reason: Nevermind
Steel2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 05:30   Link #174
chanchan21609
Lalala..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Is there a difference between Kanon 2002 and 2006?
I haven't really watched Kanon. Just Curious.
chanchan21609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 05:54   Link #175
Jill Valentine
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Derelict Apartment Block
The quality is more better in kanon 2006
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 09:00   Link #176
chanchan21609
Lalala..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Oh, I See. Thanks Cuppy Cake! There isn't any change in the story? Which is better to watch?
chanchan21609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 11:12   Link #177
Jill Valentine
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Derelict Apartment Block
I think not, i didnt watch 2002, 2006 is better to watch
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 11:16   Link #178
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan21609 View Post
There isn't any change in the story? Which is better to watch?
Well, Kanon 2002 is 13 episodes and Kanon 2006 is 24 episodes, that in itself should in most cases give you the answer BTW, Kanon 2006 is licensed and all the DVDs are available.

I suspect that in a number of cases, the preferred version will be whatever was watched first. I thoroughly enjoyed the longer 2006 version and would personally recommend that.

The problem with your question "Which is better to watch" is that the answer is subjective and would be a personal choice. Due to this, the question lies outside the scope of this Q&A thread.

From the opening post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or game.
This thread shouldn't be used to ask for persoanl opinion as to "which is best".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuppy Cake View Post
I think not, i didnt watch 2002, 2006 is better to watch
So if you didn't watch the 2002 version, how can you claim that the 2006 version is better to watch? I agree with you but that is due to my personal preference. But again, this is really off-topic to the purpose of this thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 11:41   Link #179
Jill Valentine
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Derelict Apartment Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post

So if you didn't watch the 2002 version, how can you claim that the 2006 version is better to watch? I agree with you but that is due to my personal preference. But again, this is really off-topic to the purpose of this thread.
because i saw the trailer
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 04:11   Link #180
Jiggy
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Question about the game's Ayu ending vs. the endings for Kanon 2002 and 2006...

Spoiler:
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.