AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 15:10   Link #1
Coruja

Eccentric but likeable male characters (such as L)

Can you mention any animes with *really* unique male characters? They may be very smart, very silly (think of Hosaka from Minami-ke, for example)... As long as they stand out and are likeable (and maybe just a little bit annoying), it's okay. I really liked L from Death Note because not only he had a very strong personality, I also found him to be adorable with all those quirks. I need a new anime crush (yeah, I'm not normal).
Old 2008-09-12, 15:58   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My first nominee would probably be Chiaki Shinichi from Nodame Cantabile, an incredibly talented, sometimes annoying, and very handsome male tsundere. He looks better in most of the show than he does in my current avatar.

Nijuu Mensou from Nijuu Mensou no Musume is another intriguing character, though he's not the central figure in the show; his "Musume" is. Another male supporting character I've always liked is the Emperor of En in Twelve Kingdoms. He has always been my choice for best-looking adult male character, though Nijuu Mensou is giving him a run for his money nowadays. There's another appealing male character in Twelve Kingdoms, but I won't give away his identity. You'll know who I mean if you've seen the show.

Hachimaki in Planetes is another good male tsundere, though I don't think he's as good-looking as these other fellas.

Saiunkoku Monogatari offers up a veritable smorgasbord of bishie guys. You could probably find a crush among them. If you're looking for an eccentric, Ran Ryuuren definitely fits the bill. There are quite a few good options in Baccano! as well.

Finally you should give the Medicine Seller in Mononoke a try.

If I were female, I could imagine being attracted to one or more of these guys. Even as a straight male I find them pretty appealing.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-09-12 at 16:13.
Old 2008-09-12, 16:02   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Manderes definitely fit into the "unique" category such as Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile and Naoki from Itazura na Kiss, and Makoto from School Days deserves a mention also. Youhei from Clannad definitely "stands out" and is "likable," sort of like Hosaka but more normal. Sousuke from Full Metal Panic! should be mentioned as well. There's probably not many characters that are as unique as L, but the ones I mentioned are at least not what you call "typical" male characters.
Old 2008-09-12, 16:28   Link #4
Coruja

Thank you, I'll check them out. =)
Old 2008-09-12, 16:35   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Full Metal Panic gets my second vote. Sagara Sousuke is pretty unique.

Another character I would like to mention is Onizuka from Onizuka Sensei. The show is old from today's standard, and the type of his character has been used quite a few times in various shows from there on.
Old 2008-09-12, 17:12   Link #6
AceD
See You En' Tee

Ginko from Mushishi
Simon and Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren-lagann

also agree with sagara from FMP
Old 2008-09-13, 12:31   Link #7
Coruja

Yeah, I love Sousuke. x] Somehow I forgot to mention him, but he definitely fits my criteria. Plus, FMP is awesome. I'll check the others, thank you all.
Old 2008-09-13, 14:03   Link #8
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Busou Renkin.

If Papillon is not eccentric and likeable, I don't know what else he is.

Yes, he is even more eccentric that L, hilarious but admirable, perverted but elegant, twisted yet beautiful, insane yet a genius.

That is the description of the Black Death Butterfly, Papillon.

Like L he is also the 'antagonist', but the main character of Busou Renkin, Mutou, is a true warrior a hero who wants to protect and save all, which is different from Kira.

Busou Renkin is an action, fighting anime that starts, progresses and end very well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-13, 14:44   Link #9
AceD
See You En' Tee

your right, papillion is as eccentric and bonkers as they come lol

only the appearance of moonface is more bonkers
Old 2008-09-13, 15:29   Link #10
Coruja

^ Hmm... Sounds very interesting, thanks.

I just googled it. xD WTF is that! xD
Old 2008-09-13, 18:04   Link #11
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

The main character from kaze no stigma has a strong character... charismatic, strong, dark past bla bla
Old 2008-09-13, 19:39   Link #12
tetsuo
In Classic Form

Most of the men from Baccano! especially Issac, he's just so damned lovable!
and Ichiro from Nerima Daikon Brothers, Onizuka from GTO, and Sven Volfied+Train Heartnet from Black Cat, oh and Morita from Honey and Clover.
Old 2008-09-14, 23:09   Link #13
GreatTeacherKen

How about Soul Eater? Although the lead characters are more sedate and normal the show has a lot of eccentric characters (both male and female) that are quite hilarious. For me, it's one of the selling points of the show.
Old 2008-09-15, 02:48   Link #14
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Male characters with distinct mannierism could be Akabane (form GetBackers; in fact, the anime is full with other likable male characters) - he is ultra polite, although slightly sadistic, and plays upon his own agenda.
Another candidate is Nougami Neuro (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro) - a demon feeding on mysteries, peculiar appearence, perfectly voiced by Takehito Koyasu in shiftting tone and manner of speech, very curious character.
A pedigree bishie with dominating personality is Kazuya Shibuya (or Naru-chan) (Ghost Hunt).
Closed Thread