AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-15, 00:57   Link #981
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
But the 5 lifetimes speech, how could Kubo possibly make Ichigo reject her, or Orihime move on after that? That'd be bad writing on Kubo's part!
If he was a good writer, then he would make Ichigo reject her, and Orihime bravely overcoming the trauma that comes afterward. Seriously, Ichigo is just so...unlikeable anyway. Even if he did hook up with Orihime, he'd put his friends in front of her, and no girl likes her guy worrying about others over her.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:45   Link #982
starshine
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: the library
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
But the 5 lifetimes speech, how could Kubo possibly make Ichigo reject her, or Orihime move on after that? That'd be bad writing on Kubo's part!
The speach was touching but also it was a very idolistic version of love - i would love you for 5 liftimes -and then kubo devotes this poem to orihime

We

As one
are not intertwined

As two:
do not share the same form


Of the third:
we simply don't have eyes

Of the fourth:
we have no hope in that direction

At the fifth
therein lies the heart


Nice see what kubos done here hes taken Orihimes 5 liftimes one love and turned it compleatly on its head - you may love him for 5 liftimes orihime but if you don't have a strong bond with him it's a fruitless love.

Anway on argument if kubo was a good writer he would go with the relationship he has developed the most and that is ichigo and rukias it has never been stagnet it has always been developing and no doubt it wont stop until the end of the manga
__________________
Avatar made by 365 days

Last edited by starshine; 2008-09-15 at 09:06.
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:09   Link #983
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Suppose someone out there actually does hate her because her being a romantic potential? *In their eyes* Should their reasons be deleted because it's not a "Shipping thread"? I don't want any beef...I am just asking a question
And to answer your question, let me worry about it. As long as you aren't one of those posters, you've got nothing to worry about. Also, please deal with any personal issues with any poster in the PM instead of bringing it to the open forums.

I was tempted to remove this string of coversation by thinking it's another one of those shipping-in-disguise (I wasn't too far removed ), but after reading Debbiechan and Sinta in response to Kakashi's post, I'll leave those posts intact. Please stick to the discussion without bringing shipping on the table. If you are wrecking your brain for trying to figure out how to do that, then you've my sympathy. Also be warned, stay away from this thread or any other, if you've shipping in mind. You won't have to deal with me.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:19   Link #984
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Wow...Sinta is killing Ichigo and Hari hates him

Sinta...(Killing him is worse)
Hari...

@Sinta...no it's not objective in a hate thread. But as far as shipping goes it is. I can totally separate business and personal. If I asses characters and character relationships I keep my personal feelings out of it. I just look at the evidence. Which is why I hate the "Orihime is threat" when it's directed at me. I seriously believe she isn't one. When I see evidence that she is...I won't say that.

@Kenshin...she's so special Ichigo has to be reminded about her when she's standing next to him. He loves all human beings, but they aren't all special to him. She's an acquaintance ...

@Debbie. I am not demeaning the fans. I am talking about the ship not the shippers. I laugh at the characters not the people (Not always true in some cases, but I don't make it a habit )
That's the thing people keep misinterpreting. I don't like the character so I laugh at her ass, not her supporters. Except HT and My neglectful husband...
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:28   Link #985
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
But the 5 lifetimes speech, how could Kubo possibly make Ichigo reject her, or Orihime move on after that? That'd be bad writing on Kubo's part!
It's Orihime's first love. She isn't experienced and I don't think she even understands her own words.
"I will love you 5 times" is VERY uninteresting and boring but most of all, it's not going to happen. A person who has shared many experiences with another can say this.
But she is 16. I'm not using her age as excuses for mistakes, that's the last thing I'll ever do in Orihime character debate, but to say you'll love someone for 5 LIVES is impossible at that age. She'll have so many chances
Why people pity Orihime? If I was her(and if she was real) I would like people to admire me for things I've done but not to feel sorry for me(especially strangers) because I've tried to get to a guy but I couldn't.

Orihime cannot comprehend her words. She may be more mature than all teenagers but in the end, she still doesn't have experience. Not enough to say she'll love a guy for so long and she hasn't really shared ENOUGH with Ichigo to say she'll love him forever.
Bad writing will be if Kubo makes Orihime's love shared because her character, due to her crush, makes her doubt herself, makes her underestimate her powers and thanks to her love which is supposed to make people better, she starts lacking confidence.
You can love a character for its flaws when they are acceptable and PART of her personality. Orihime being so insecure and dependant is not part of her real personality, it's part of her love for Ichigo. Orihime's fans should wait forward to Orihime getting over Ichigo and being what she is. Because what Orihime around her nakama is and what Orihime around Ichigo is are two very different things.
Bad writing is to leave a character undeveloped in the end of the manga(because Orihime has flaws that CAN be defeated-but not as long as she loves Ichigo). But what's certainly wrong is to say bad writing is to make one-sided couple suddenly two-sided.

And to add, I'm not starting a shipping war. I'm not trying at all-I am jusy trying to say discuss Orihime's character because like it or not, her love for Ichigo is part of this. Also, my post is connected to her fate and what I think will happen-don't delete it please.
Quote:
Bleach fans who anticipate a canon IchiOri pairing and who canít imagine Orihime, worthy and deserving girl that she is, not getting the boy of her dreams.
This is true because for fans, she may not be perfect but if such girl existed in real life, she would be very loved. Not by everyone but still by a majority.
However, what fans CANNOT get is very worthy and deserving girls can suffer from unrequited love-it's not something you judge by personality or appereance. People don't choose who to fall in love with.
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:42   Link #986
Saotome Sheriru
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 25
I used to have no feeling about her... then I felt like she got really creepy with the whole Ichigo thing... which started to get a little on my nerves.
So I just dislike her. Sorry c.c;;
Saotome Sheriru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:47   Link #987
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Wow...Sinta is killing Ichigo and Hari hates him

Sinta...(Killing him is worse)
Hari...

@Sinta...no it's not objective in a hate thread. But as far as shipping goes it is. I can totally separate business and personal. If I asses characters and character relationships I keep my personal feelings out of it. I just look at the evidence. Which is why I hate the "Orihime is threat" when it's directed at me. I seriously believe she isn't one. When I see evidence that she is...I won't say that.
No argument here. I think you got my point. At this point I think we talking about two different things. (I wouldn't kill ichigo and have you depressed NEVER)
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 08:10   Link #988
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
@Kenshin...she's so special Ichigo has to be reminded about her when she's standing next to him.
Hm, not sure which incident you're refering to so can't comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
He loves all human beings, but they aren't all special to him.
She's an acquaintance ...
I see... so... not even a friend then
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 08:19   Link #989
StrawRabbi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
But the 5 lifetimes speech, how could Kubo possibly make Ichigo reject her, or Orihime move on after that? That'd be bad writing on Kubo's part!
huh, i don't think Ichigo could reject her. Though I'm not say he likes her but if you were talking to Orihime how could you be mean to her? Besides you never know I mean Sakura from Naruto is slowly getting out of her crush (or love from what she says) on Sasuke. I doubt Orihime will love Ichigo as long as she says she does.
__________________
StrawRabbi
Ichiruki
StrawRabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 09:24   Link #990
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Well you never know, Shirley from Code Geass never let Lelouch go. Her love for him was deeper than other of his love interests in the series!

Anyways, I thought Orihime's character development was her self worth and confidence, not getting over Ichigo? I don't think he makes her weak at all, he's like her motivation to get stronger or improve herself so she can she's worthy of being his girlfriend.

IchiRuki happening would be okay I guess...But I'm not a fan of two leads ending up with each other...it just doesn't seem fair to me, how the side character always loses. >_<

Last edited by Scarlett_Rain55; 2008-09-15 at 09:40.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 09:53   Link #991
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
Anyways, I thought Orihime's character development was her self worth and confidence, not getting over Ichigo? I don't think he makes her weak at all, he's like her motivation to get stronger or improve herself so she can she's worthy of being his girlfriend.
He is not her strenght, but her weakness and I explained why.
Also, she starts DOUBTING herself because of him. Blah. Read my post about 5 lifetimes, one love. You'll get my point.
Quote:
IchiRuki happening would be okay I guess...But I'm not a fan of two leads ending up with each other...it just doesn't seem fair to me, how the side character always loses. >_<
Life is unfair. :P
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 10:16   Link #992
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Hm, not sure which incident you're refering to so can't comment
It's a spoiler...
Spoiler for 286...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I see... so... not even a friend then
No she isn't. I say it all the time. The job comes with risks. Ichigo saves people because he wants to. He's not really that noble. He would risk life and limb for a stranger. Orihime is a school mate so he would do for her too. However they aren't friends at all.

She is creepy and a stalker...

She used to be cute (Mom commented yesterday as I was watching an anime re-run that they way her eyes are drawn. She looks pathetic, and she could see 0 self esteem a mile a way. She thought KT was really clever to be able to show that)...Now she's ugly to me...so I hate her!
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:24   Link #993
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
....so you DEMEAN participants of the other ship etc. Why demean those fans? They're just arguing. Sophomoric psychology analyses of them ain't gonna stop them.
Yet, the only difference between me and you is your crafty use of Latin and sophisticated vocabulary to demean 'those fans'. But in the end there are greater travesties of justice. Spare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
A person who has shared many experiences with another can say this.
But she is 16. I'm not using her age as excuses for mistakes, that's the last thing I'll ever do in Orihime character debate, but to say you'll love someone for 5 LIVES is impossible at that age. She'll have so many chances.
To an extent, I agree with you. How could she know? She hasn't even been on a date with Ichigo. He could be a bad boyfriend or a failure in bed. On the other hand she loves his personality and basically believes him to be an overall nice guy. Which most people here can agree he is. Aside from the natural attraction he's helped save her brother from hollofication, as well as saving her own life a number of times. To be fair, her feelings for him are rightfully intense. Perhaps short sighted but when you compare Ichigo with other guys, how can anyone compare? Ishida would have to save her life at least five more times.

Quote:
"I will love you 5 times" is VERY uninteresting and boring but most of all, it's not going to happen
I found it a strong statement.

*Wonders if discussing Orihime's feelings for Ichigo crosses into shipper territory. If so, apologies, excuse this monir.*
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:19   Link #994
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
Yet, the only difference between me and you is your crafty use of Latin and sophisticated vocabulary to demean 'those fans'. But in the end there are greater travesties of justice. Spare me.
Wow. That was...that didn't sound right.
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:39   Link #995
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deep South among alligators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Yet, the only difference between me and you is your crafty use of Latin and sophisticated vocabulary to demean 'those fans'. But in the end there are greater travesties of justice. Spare me.
Trying to remember when I use Latin --it's not one of my languages and I suck at Latin--but yes, I will admit to the worst human follibles such as putting down other people and calling people to task when I think they're wrong Sometimes I unintentionally demean other people; for that, I always apologize, I usually mean to demean their arguments.

My point was that bashing shippers and invalidating their arguments by saying "oh they're just threatened" is a no-no. That's avoiding discourse and getting personal. You really can't (and shouldn't) put down real people or groups of people in order to defend your argument about fictional people in a manga.

I mean, I could EASILY make gross generalizations about the nature of IchiOri shippers or UlquiHime shippers or people who like Orihime or people who hate Orihime---forgive me if I'm mistaken, but is this thread allowed to disintegrate to grotesque stereotyping?

I know Orihime lovers who are twelve year old girls and think she's awesome, some who are 23 year boys and think she's hot, some who are forty year old women and think she's endearing. Her haters cover the spectrum too.

So you can't say that people who argue against a particular ship have one motive and motive alone: they are threatened by the other ship and have some serious psychological problem that keeps them from being happily entertained by just enjoying their own favorite ships.

Some people (and again, I take OD as an example) just seem to like shipping debate the way some people like football. And some people ENJOY hating Orihime.
That never bothered me. She's one of my favorite characters but I know the hate expressed here can't hurt her; what CAN hurt, though, is hate is expressed at real people and real fans.
__________________
debbiechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:42   Link #996
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
... with Ichigo. He could be a bad boyfriend or a failure in bed.
Woah Woah Woah....Are you trying to kill me?

Please leave my pedo-bear-ess-2-D(He's under 17) male complex alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
On the other hand she loves his personality and basically believes him to be an overall nice guy
I disagree and that's part of my problem with her. She leads kids to believe that her feelings are normal. She really doesn't know Ichigo personality. She is not intimate with him enough. Intimacy is not just about sex, or fornication.. Just because you talk to a person every time you see them stalker alert
It does not mean you know them.

It does mean you are bonded to them. It's when you share your deepest feelings and the times when you don't have to with someone. That is knowing and loving someone's personality.

She knows what she knows "of him" not because she really knows him. <---That's why I keep saying they are not friends. They lack intimacy.Like you said she could find out ...some things that turn her off For her to swear five lifetimes to someone she doesn't really know or have a real relationship is not good.


Quote:
*Wonders if discussing Orihime's feelings for Ichigo crosses into shipper territory. If so, apologies, excuse this monir.*
*It shouldn't...
(for some it is part of the reason they hate her. How many people said that's why? Not being able to discuss them just makes this a pointless hate thread. *Again;No Beef*) Which is not what I am about .
I want to bash her I can just wear one of my sigs...*


Shipping is big...
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:46   Link #997
starshine
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: the library
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Well you never know, Shirley from Code Geass never let Lelouch go. Her love for him was deeper than other of his love interests in the series!

Anyways, I thought Orihime's character development was her self worth and confidence, not getting over Ichigo? I don't think he makes her weak at all, he's like her motivation to get stronger or improve herself so she can she's worthy of being his girlfriend.
IchiRuki happening would be okay I guess...But I'm not a fan of two leads ending up with each other...it just doesn't seem fair to me, how the side character always loses. >_<
hey i might be worthy of someones love but does that mean im going to have it returned -no- no it dosn't - sorry it just dosn't cut the mustard
__________________
Avatar made by 365 days

Last edited by starshine; 2008-09-15 at 12:56.
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 14:13   Link #998
CMHerrera
Miss. Fangirl
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to CMHerrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
He is not her strenght, but her weakness and I explained why.
Also, she starts DOUBTING herself because of him. Blah. Read my post about 5 lifetimes, one love. You'll get my point.

Life is unfair. :P
I understand why you say that he is her weakness; true she doubting her self
in a way she is trying to protect him she doesn't want him to get hurt for saving
her like in the S.S arc where he saves her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
It's a spoiler...
Spoiler for 286...:


No she isn't. I say it all the time. The job comes with risks. Ichigo saves people because he wants to. He's not really that noble. He would risk life and limb for a stranger. Orihime is a school mate so he would do for her too. However they aren't friends at all.

She is creepy and a stalker...

She used to be cute (Mom commented yesterday as I was watching an anime re-run that they way her eyes are drawn. She looks pathetic, and she could see 0 self esteem a mile a way. She thought KT was really clever to be able to show that)...Now she's ugly to me...so I hate her!
I agree with you on Ichigo he would protect a stranger and almost
die remindes me of Naruto. So you hate her because she looks pathetic?
"Now she's Ugly to me...so I hate her!" that was harsh that doesn't
make me hate or like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
To an extent, I agree with you. How could she know? She hasn't even been on a date with Ichigo. He could be a bad boyfriend or a failure in bed. On the other hand she loves his personality and basically believes him to be an overall nice guy. Which most people here can agree he is. Aside from the natural attraction he's helped save her brother from hollofication, as well as saving her own life a number of times. To be fair, her feelings for him are rightfully intense. Perhaps short sighted but when you compare Ichigo with other guys, how can anyone compare? Ishida would have to save her life at least five more times.
If someone saved her more then once romanticly she would start likeing them who wouldn't if someone safes you more then once you would think first right. If you think back at S.S arc Ishida saves her which made her think. And when Orhime first got her powers and she trained with Sado they became closer friends before they
didn't really talk intell they got powers and they both need help. I think she has 3 choices Sado Ishida Ichigo those are the main three she can form a relashinship to me.
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMHerrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 14:19   Link #999
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
quick reply:

friend and acquaintance can go hand in hand, Orihime may not be a close friend like Tatsuki or Rukia, but she is a friend nonetheless, and she's not a stalker, couldn't trump up enough evidence to prove it to me
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 14:34   Link #1000
starshine
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: the library
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
quick reply:

friend and acquaintance can go hand in hand, Orihime may not be a close friend like Tatsuki or Rukia, but she is a friend nonetheless, and she's not a stalker, couldn't trump up enough evidence to prove it to me
i agree inoue is a friend and shes no stalker shes a 16 year old girl in love of that i have no doubt- but it dosn't avoid the fact that ichigo and her don't have a strong bond AND that is what people are arguing about
people have to realise to make ichigo and orihime believable as a romantic outcome -kubo needs to build a mutual strong bond between the two -but so far its all a one way street
__________________
Avatar made by 365 days

Last edited by starshine; 2008-09-15 at 15:12.
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.