AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-15, 13:32   Link #1981
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I'm not sure I could handle a second season. I need some recovery time. If they do, they need to at least wrap up a lot (LOVETRIANGLE) this season. People would rage otherwise.
YES. The torture needs to stop. I cannot wait in suspense for a season 2.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-15, 13:32   Link #1982
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
While I was a strong proponent of a second season, Id only want it if the triangle is resolved ( in favour of Sheryl and Alto ). Im feeling severe battle fatigue and heartburn, with all the indignities Sheryl has to go through. Only two more weeks, and she hopefully gets her reward for all her pain.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-15, 18:20   Link #1983
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
While I was a strong proponent of a second season, Id only want it if the triangle is resolved ( in favour of Sheryl and Alto ). Im feeling severe battle fatigue and heartburn, with all the indignities Sheryl has to go through. Only two more weeks, and she hopefully gets her reward for all her pain.
Oh, so NOW you are just feeling the pain, agony and heartburn? A bit late, but at least you can begin to appreciate how I feel since Episode 12!

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-15, 21:54   Link #1984
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh, so NOW you are just feeling the pain, agony and heartburn? A bit late, but at least you can begin to appreciate how I feel since Episode 12!

- Tak
First of all! I an not rooting for either Sheryl or Ranka, but Sheryl already won imho! Ranka winning will be the greatest upset in the history of anime.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-15, 21:58   Link #1985
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
First of all! I an not rooting for either Sheryl or Ranka, but Sheryl already won imho! Ranka winning will be the greatest upset in the history of anime.
Not really there is a 45% chance Sheryl will die and then Ranka will get Alto....and a 10% chance Klan wins him over :P
ZippyDSM is offline  
Old 2008-09-15, 22:01   Link #1986
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
At least 1% chance it was all a bad dream.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 00:41   Link #1987
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh, so NOW you are just feeling the pain, agony and heartburn? A bit late, but at least you can begin to appreciate how I feel since Episode 12!

- Tak
They are beating up a tad too hard now on Sheryl. If she doesnt get her reward, itll be an exercise in masochism for any fan of hers to watch from episode 10 onward.

And I did mention that I am an optimist? You see, its a bit harder to beat me down, but Kawamori is finally managing it.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 00:48   Link #1988
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
They are beating up a tad too hard now on Sheryl. If she doesnt get her reward, itll be an exercise in masochism for any fan of hers to watch from episode 10 onward.

And I did mention that I am an optimist? You see, its a bit harder to beat me down, but Kawamori is finally managing it.
Mmm this is how I see the ending Ozma dies, Ranka lives as part of the Verjia, Bera survives barely or dies, Alto survives, Klan survives against her will, most of the main SMS members survive, Leon goes boom, Nanase survives, Luca dose not survive.

Sheryl survives but barely, basically a happy ending with half the main cast.

It should be a good ending anyway they take it.
ZippyDSM is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 04:54   Link #1989
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in her arms..
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Mmm this is how I see the ending Ozma dies, Ranka lives as part of the Verjia, Bera survives barely or dies, Alto survives, Klan survives against her will, most of the main SMS members survive, Leon goes boom, Nanase survives, Luca dose not survive.

Sheryl survives but barely, basically a happy ending with half the main cast.

It should be a good ending anyway they take it.
Ehem! you forgot the part where Sheryl and Alto lived happily ever after!
a great ending... with the best couple cast!
skyfirefly is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 05:25   Link #1990
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Mmm this is how I see the ending Ozma dies, Ranka lives as part of the Verjia, Bera survives barely or dies, Alto survives, Klan survives against her will, most of the main SMS members survive, Leon goes boom, Nanase survives, Luca dose not survive.

Sheryl survives but barely, basically a happy ending with half the main cast.

It should be a good ending anyway they take it.
As skyfirefly pointed out, you forgot the most important part is Sheryl gets her slave. The only thing you can make most people agree on for a good ending is Sheryl's happiness, anything other than that is simply a matter of opinion.

My good ending is to have Sheryl, Alto, Klan, Canaria, Bobby and Leon alive, the rest of the cast can enjoy the trip down to the hell. And the best part is to have Nanase finally awoke finding Vajra dines on Luca's and Ranka's corpses and mentally crushed.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 05:38   Link #1991
Paul Hausser
Colonel General
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Now, now, let us not be too harsh on die junge Frauen, Herbert. Later people think we, followers of die Konigin are uncouth barbarians. Personally, I'm betting die kleine Maid will do a benevolent Sarah Kerrigan gig, while Fraulein Nanase might get her own, personal shota. That would be more in line with Macross way of resolving such things.

Of course, this does not extend to subhuman creeps like Mishima or mad scientists and Kusanagi wannabees such as diese Hure O'Connor.
Paul Hausser is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 05:49   Link #1992
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in her arms..
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Now, now, let us not be too harsh on die junge Frauen, Herbert. Later people think we, followers of die Konigin are uncouth barbarians. Personally, I'm betting die kleine Maid will do a benevolent Sarah Kerrigan gig, while Fraulein Nanase might get her own, personal shota. That would be more in line with Macross way of resolving such things.

Of course, this does not extend to subhuman creeps like Mishima or mad scientists and Kusanagi wannabees such as diese Hure O'Connor.
agree I think Nanase and Luca should live too!
then Ranka could die or not depending if she promises not
to bother Sheryl and Alto anymore..
I also want her to live... and be Sheryl and Alto 's maid (joke!)
skyfirefly is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 06:27   Link #1993
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Now, now, let us not be too harsh on die junge Frauen, Herbert. Later people think we, followers of die Konigin are uncouth barbarians. Personally, I'm betting die kleine Maid will do a benevolent Sarah Kerrigan gig, while Fraulein Nanase might get her own, personal shota. That would be more in line with Macross way of resolving such things.

Of course, this does not extend to subhuman creeps like Mishima or mad scientists and Kusanagi wannabees such as diese Hure O'Connor.
Believe me, the so-call Macross way is - Ranka doesn't want to save the universe, the universe wants to be saved by Ranka. I am not gonno to accept that. I'd rather be a barbarian than an Amio-cultured pedophilian.

Mushroom and cyborg are fine, but Sarah Kerrigan needs to die, her worshiper needs to suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfirefly View Post
agree I think Nanase and Luca should live too!
then Ranka could die or not depending if she promises not
to bother Sheryl and Alto anymore..
I also want her to live... and be Sheryl and Alto 's maid (joke!)
How about the pet. I remember she has taken form of a puppy most of time and now a bug.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 07:15   Link #1994
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@ Sheryl fans:
Uuuuuuu guys forget she has to survive first :P
ZippyDSM is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 07:21   Link #1995
Paul Hausser
Colonel General
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
@ Sheryl fans:
Uuuuuuu guys forget she has to survive first :P
We are painfully aware of the fact, thank you.
Paul Hausser is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 07:23   Link #1996
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
We are painfully aware of the fact, thank you.
ZippyDSM is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 16:41   Link #1997
Deryns
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
While I was a strong proponent of a second season, Id only want it if the triangle is resolved ( in favour of Sheryl and Alto ). Im feeling severe battle fatigue and heartburn, with all the indignities Sheryl has to go through. Only two more weeks, and she hopefully gets her reward for all her pain.
I wouldn't mind a second season, even with the triangle. As long as the triangle was handled like in Plus or Zero, there but not everything revovling around it.
Deryns is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 22:44   Link #1998
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
If there is a second season I hope there is no LT. I can't take it anymore lol... this is my last Macross series ever, I hate LTs and I don't know why I kept watching till now... maybe it's because of Sheryl's character, we need more characters like this in other animes!
__________________
Avatar by mikoo, thank you!
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-09-16, 23:30   Link #1999
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
If there is a second season I hope there is no LT. I can't take it anymore lol... this is my last Macross series ever, I hate LTs and I don't know why I kept watching till now... maybe it's because of Sheryl's character, we need more characters like this in other animes!
I agree. Sheryl can create another show all on her own. Forget Alto and Ranka.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-17, 01:39   Link #2000
Paul Hausser
Colonel General
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I agree. Sheryl can create another show all on her own. Forget Alto and Ranka.
Sadly, with the propensity of the Japanese towards moe and loli, people like die Konigin will remain rare gems in a sea of mediocrity. Still, diamonds shine, even in deepest mud.
Paul Hausser is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.