AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 138 36.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 22.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 13.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 9.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 3.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 5.25%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-19, 21:08   Link #1261
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
On a different note, a question remains. How did she discover what the Geass is and where the Cult was

Plothole? Or I missed something.
I think that is something I missed too...and many others as well, I'd imagine.

Either Cornelia found out about Geass during her conversation with Lelouch in Stage 25, before he actually used the power on her (so we didn't hear what else they talked about, off-screen, until that moment), and then she started to investigate Geass, or someone else had to tell her and give her a clue, but we saw no such thing.

For a time, I was thinking it was Charles, of all people, who gave her some information...but there is no sign of that in the story (unless it comes up in a Picture Drama?).

So it's looking like a possible plot hole, unfortunately, since I'm not too convinced about the other explanation...without more proof.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 21:55   Link #1262
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 智代の部屋
Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Yeah right, but about Nunnally, how could she survived in the blast? some people says it was a decoy.


Sayoko said so herself that there was another convoy Schneizel readied for them, more of like a decoy. it appears Schnizel considered that possibility as well that Lelouch will not listen to Suzaku's warning resulting to Freija being fired. All part of his evil master plan.. maybe.

Quote:
And what about the first post that i've made about nunnally? She doesn't really have geass but did you know that she's not really that blind after charlie geassed her and i don't know why V.V. dragged her away and become the governor?
Yes she's not really blind before all that

as for V.V. dragging Nunnally, it connects to episode 1 and so on of R2.



regarding Cornelia, wasn't she out searching for truths about the 'Euphy/Princess massacre' like she said? that led her to the Order? with her rank/status it's possible.
__________________


Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:10   Link #1263
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
Sayoko said so herself that there was another convoy Schneizel readied for them, more of like a decoy. it appears Schnizel considered that possibility as well that Lelouch will not listen to Suzaku's warning resulting to Freija being fired. All part of his evil master plan.. maybe.



Yes she's not really blind before all that

as for V.V. dragging Nunnally, it connects to episode 1 and so on of R2.
Oh Great. we'll gonna find out tommorow............

Sheizel-haters.

Man, I feel kinda become like Tamaki now.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-09-20 at 21:08. Reason: re-edit
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 23:17   Link #1264
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Oh Great. Not til we'll find out tommorow............ Sheizel-haters.

Man, I feel kinda like Tamaki now.
Whoa, always figured Schneizel for a jackass, but to become a jackass that is WORSE than Nina by Episode 23... that is quite an accomplishment.

Plus, if Nunna-chan dies, its will be this barbarian's fault.
__________________
My Star-Wars-Mai-Hime Music Video!! Star Wars Springer!!

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 23:18   Link #1265
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
And you've utterly forgotten that Nina's repented for what she's done, is shocked by her actions and has been since Turn 18/19, and is on the road to redemption, I see.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 04:10   Link #1266
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And you've utterly forgotten that Nina's repented for what she's done, is shocked by her actions and has been since Turn 18/19, and is on the road to redemption, I see.
The problem being, there was no evidence that Nina was sorry about killing Japanese people. She was sorry about killing people she didn't intend to kill, and shocked by the consequences of how the entire world wants to take her invention from her. But she was not sorry about why she did what she did.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 04:15   Link #1267
Chichi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
This series has plummeted in recent episodes, - unfortunate considering its potential originally.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 04:38   Link #1268
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And you've utterly forgotten that Nina's repented for what she's done, is shocked by her actions and has been since Turn 18/19, and is on the road to redemption, I see.
Yes while Schemziel had a great big grin on his face when FLEIA was launched never mind the fact he was wiping out his own people.

Guess he really is a sore loser.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 05:16   Link #1269
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Yes while Schemziel had a great big grin on his face when FLEIA was launched never mind the fact he was wiping out his own people.

Guess he really is a sore loser.
As far as Schenziel is concerned, he did none of that; Not the FLEIA, not the coup, not the nuking of the capital, not even killing (or attempt) of Cornelia. There is always someone else to blame for it. He can't be a loser if he never take the responsibility, can he?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 05:26   Link #1270
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As far as Schenziel is concerned, he did none of that; Not the FLEIA, not the coup, not the nuking of the capital, not even killing (or attempt) of Cornelia. There is always someone else to blame for it. He can't be a loser if he never take the responsibility, can he?
He funded the devolpment of FLIEA, he authorised it to be loaded onto the Lancelot, he and Kanon played mind games on Suzaku saying the loss of life would've been avoidable if he told them earlier and he pressed the button which activated the turret. He's plenty responsible, just because he doesn't except any of the responsibility by using the defence of "no i didn't really want to do any of that stuff but sine you asked me too i will" seems like a fucking cop-out to me.

At least Lelouch and Suzaku have excepted the consequences of their actions and are doing something, however bad it might turn out to be, to rectify it, even if they have to make themselves the big bads.

Schenziel just seems to be content to float about in Castle Fabulous until someone comes along and asks for his help so he can blame them for him becoming the big bad.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 05:40   Link #1271
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
He funded the devolpment of FLIEA, he authorised it to be loaded onto the Lancelot, he and Kanon played mind games on Suzaku saying the loss of life would've been avoidable if he told them earlier and he pressed the button which activated the turret. He's plenty responsible, just because he doesn't except any of the responsibility by using the defence of "no i didn't really want to do any of that stuff but sine you asked me too i will" seems like a fucking cop-out to me.

At least Lelouch and Suzaku have excepted the consequences of their actions and are doing something, however bad it might turn out to be, to rectify it, even if they have to make themselves the big bads.

Schenziel just seems to be content to float about in Castle Fabulous until someone comes along and asks for his help so he can blame them for him becoming the big bad.
I certainly agree with you. It's just amusing that for so long in the series's run, even a large chuck of the audience was doped into blaming Schnitzel's scapegoats.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 08:17   Link #1272
attobyte
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Honestly, this whole war, specifically after Lelouch and Suzaku's talk ep. 17, bacame a stubbornness based one.
I mean, I don't see why both sides are fighting for, to be honest I don't see why Lelouch and Suzaku fight for. If Suzaku fights for Yuffies' sake he's way wrong she would never accept what he is doing. If Lelouch is fighting to fill his end of the contract with C.C. I think he is either blind (C.C. herself seems to have changed her mind) or is taking a huge detour.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 08:43   Link #1273
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I think that is something I missed too...and many others as well, I'd imagine.

Either Cornelia found out about Geass during her conversation with Lelouch in Stage 25, before he actually used the power on her (so we didn't hear what else they talked about, off-screen, until that moment), and then she started to investigate Geass, or someone else had to tell her and give her a clue, but we saw no such thing.

For a time, I was thinking it was Charles, of all people, who gave her some information...but there is no sign of that in the story (unless it comes up in a Picture Drama?).

So it's looking like a possible plot hole, unfortunately, since I'm not too convinced about the other explanation...without more proof.
I thought that a geassed person by lelouch doesn't remember that she/he was geassed?

I hope it will be explained in a picture drama because it's really weird. In R2, She was aware of the geass and found the geass cult by herself while lelouch had to rely on jeremiah to find it.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 09:39   Link #1274
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 智代の部屋
Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
And what about the first post that i've made about nunnally? She doesn't really have geass but did you know that she's not really that blind after charlie geassed her and i don't know why V.V. dragged her away and become the governor?
Spoiler for r u sure?:



yeah.. countdown starts.
__________________


Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 09:40   Link #1275
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In Luci-nee's Arms
this looks fanmade i wouldnt think that nunally has geass
SealedTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 10:04   Link #1276
Ruezu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
I wonder how much resource the floating palace has? (food? power?) Or can it generate it own?
__________________
~Robo
Ruezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 11:06   Link #1277
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anime Ground 0
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I hope shes not. We all not that in anime until you see the person breath their last their not dead. And Cornelia is so badass that unless they kill her in such a way that shes DeaderThanDead(which they didn't) she'll be back. Hopefully.
ZeroSama! I love you! She's sooo not dead. Like I said, they blasted Nunally straight back to the dark ages... and she's still here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You know it'd be pretty sad for Schenziel if it turns out that Cornelia did survive.
I mean for a guy who thinks several steps ahead there's no way he would just leave a body right there to rot. He'd get rid of it.
We didn't see her give her last breath. I mean... she's taken a lance and survived! Bullets? They mean nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
I actually think she's pretty dead,

back in Season 1 her knightmare frame cockpit got lanced and she was in it yes,
but that does not mean she got impaled (Did you see any holes in her chest when she got out of the wreck and talking to Lelouch?)

I do believe getting shot by a machine gun multiple times in the back can be fatal.
Maybe if Schneizel wanted her alive he could have gotten her to the infirmary, but I doubt it or else it would have shot tranquilizers instead of real bullets.

I never assumed she was dead back in Season 1, so I knew she was bound to pop up in season 2.

Whatever her role was in R2, It was a small one.
When Lelouch was taking to her, she was totally going into shock from the injuries that she sustained from taking a lance to the cockpit. That means she was fatally injured, but! She came back for season two. She was soo soo dead. She even said her last words to Lelouch.... but she has the amazing powers of phoenix! She's so alive. Schneizel... he probably had some of his nameless henchmen go to throw her off the base... in the words of Kenshiro (They're already dead).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
pardon me but, i heard someone singing..
Spoiler for nexocentric only:
You know... you had me crying all day today! All day man. How does that make you feel. You made a grown man cry...but like the great stategist Zero I have already planned my revenge!
Spoiler for What's going to happen to your favorite character!:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
snap to your senses man! she'll be fine. You'll see
Search your feelings to be true Utau. My future wife and mistress is STILL alive!
nexocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:13   Link #1278
NextTime
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Does anyone know who Schneizel's mother is? I've been kind of curious. It might give some info in how he differs from Lelouch, who had an interesting mother in Marianne.

I don't really think such superficial information matters (though, in anime, it sometimes does) but I'm just so excited waiting for the Lelouch/Schneizel showdown that I'm starting to get into speculation on minor issues. ~.~
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:18   Link #1279
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I thought that a geassed person by lelouch doesn't remember that she/he was geassed?

I hope it will be explained in a picture drama because it's really weird. In R2, She was aware of the geass and found the geass cult by herself while lelouch had to rely on jeremiah to find it.
No...but they do remember what came before (Villetta remembered seeing Lelouch from her KMF, for instance), up to a point...and it looked like Lelouch and Cornelia had a longer talk off-screen, before the Geass was used on her.

The possibility was that Lelouch told Cornelia about what happened to Euphie and maybe mentioned his power, before he proceeded to interrogate her using Geass. No way to confirm it, but it's a possibility.

She wouldn't remember what happened from then on, but she would remember meeting Lelouch and maybe part of what they talked about. I'm not too convinced though.

I'd hope it is explained better at some point.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 15:16   Link #1280
Ruezu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
You'd think Lelouche already overcame the nanally obstacle since she always magically appears when he has his plans going good.
__________________
~Robo
Ruezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.